[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they deserve to be wiped out? I don't recall anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: Everlasting_Dragons.jpg (197KB, 1261x940px) Image search: [Google]
Everlasting_Dragons.jpg
197KB, 1261x940px
Did they deserve to be wiped out? I don't recall anything ever specifying that they were a menace, only that Gwyn and friends wanted their land and took it from them.
>>
>>383639990
they were the wardens of the ash, symbolic for the endlessness of nothingness
>>
>>383639990
Pretty sure the unspoken or abandoned lore was they were the original keepers of fire.
>>
didn't they prevent all other beings from existing through their sheer power and will until the disparity of fire?
>>
Being a dragon is amazing!
>>
>>383640272
hi Tohru
>>
For our way of life to exist, they need to not exist
>>
I tried to get my imouto to play this but she started crying when the dragons died. I don't even
>>
Do rocks deserve being blasted to dig a mine?
>>
>>383640202
There wasn't any fire though.
>>
>>383640272
AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!
>>
>>383640692
Its in them big round warm bellies. :)
>>
>>383640608
This is a good post
>>
>>383639990
Do you sympathize the wild beasts when you pave the new road?
>>
Technically the first flame is enormous souls, then where did those souls coming from? Probably from dragons? Since they have a huge amount of souls as well. But in this case, the other question arises that they won't decease so it can't leave the souls.
>>
>>383641295
maybe if they were really big and cool and meditated all the not!time
>>
>>383640069
>symbolic for the endlessness of nothingness

kinda, they dragons are like the titans of the greek mythology who had to be fought by the olympian gods for the world to enter a habitable state.
>>
What was the cause of Nito's historical first death? Burned to crisp by carelessly touch the first flame?
>>
>>383641787
Dont overthink it. The Fire appeared. 3 even made it clear when it go out, another may apark again. Just accept it.
>>
>>383640272
>>383640939
Ruling over our endless gray landscape of gray water and gray trees
>>
You are dragons, more dragons than I...

Shit, if you just ask nicely than I may give it to you.
>>
>>383642842
I don't know if Nito was ever a living person, more an undead god brought to "life" by millions of deaths.
The 'First" in First of the Dead is supposed to mean the leader of the dead, not the first dead guy.
>>
Fire bring disparity...wait, than why Seath does even exist in the first place.
>>
>>383643424
In original Jap description, it refers him as the guy who first experienced death in the history of that universe.
>>
>>383640939
AMAZING CERUAMIC KUHNOIFE! SHAH!
>>
I really want to nurture a cute dragon with a round little pot belly full of warm dragon fire. It would be so cute.
>>
>>383643783
Fuck off, NK.
>>
>>383639990
Why is the "lore" so fucking inconsistant, vague and absolutely retarded?
>>
>>383643967
I really dislike it
>>
>>383643967
So it's like human history?
>>
Gwyn must leveled his luck up to 99 to find the first flame.
>>
>>383643424
>>383643630
Gwyn and his Knights aren't part of any race, they don't have any real backstory. They simple ARE. What race is Gwyn? Gwyn is Gwyn. Who was Nito? Nito is Nito and would always be Nito. They are mythopoeic, not rational. They simply are. Nito is the first guy to die; that's literally all there is to it. Gwyn is Gwyn, the King; that's literally all there is to it. The Knights are Gwyn's Knights; that's literally all there is to it. They came from nowhere, they merely began to exist.

>>383643452
Because he was the scaleless dragon. See above.

>>383643967
Japs love doing this: Minimalist and esoteric.
>>
>>383644057
Human history is interesting, fulfilled and consistent like the Mongol scourge, Vlad the Impaler, the nuking of Gooks at Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the rise of Communism. This Souls shit is legit garbage, the type of plot used in shitty Hollowood movies that make their money off tasteless Chinese insects that eat it up.
>>
>>383644302
>Wife is souch a harpy you try not to mention her anywhere
>daughter leaves him
>firstborn becomes a furry
>second son is a trap
>fuck up so hard you condemn the world to eons of suffering
>luck 99
>>
>>383644742
The idea was to make the lore intentionally segmented and incomplete so that the player, as they explore the world, would piece it together in their own way. He based it on liking fantasy novels as a kid but not understanding English 100% so there were a lot of words he wouldn't get and he had to fill in the gaps. He liked how it made the experience his own unique thing and that it left a sense of mystery, and wanted to replicate that in his game.

Given it's a game largely based on gameplay and exploration and has very little focus on story, I'd say that's a pretty clever way to piece the whole thing together. A lot better than if it was just another "save the princess from the big bad guy" fantasy plot.
>>
>>383639990
The Dragons ruled the land and likely were a threat, so Gwyn and the gang wanted to take them out so they could rule over instead. After that the age of fire shit happened - witch of izalith tried to make a new fire and spawned all the demons and shit, Gwyn fucked up and created the undead and went hollow trying to keep the flame alive for as long as possible, Seath went insane and started kidnapping maidens, and Nito just chilled out his tomb during the entire age of fire.
>>
You can't instant kill Midir by sunlight spear in game, just how much did Gwyn leveled in OP cinematic.
>>
>>383640513
I tried mine to play the game
She even killed asilum demon at 12yo but never manege to pass firelink shrine
>>
>>383645498
He IS basically Zeus. You're just a lowly hollow.
>>
That's just the type of person Gwyn and the gods were. Gwyn wants the gods and the Age of Fire to be on top forever. The Dragons are the ruling force in the world so he wipes them out. The humans show signs of being able to eventually over take the gods. So he preemptively curses the power of their Dark Souls and ships the strongest humans off to the Ringed City isolated away from everything. And rather than let the world move on to the next phase he killed himself and let his corpse keep all of existence stuck in the Age of Fire.
>>
File: hungry hungry princess.png (9KB, 448x338px) Image search: [Google]
hungry hungry princess.png
9KB, 448x338px
>>383643783
Maybe if she was cute and not hairy, sure
>>
File: nowaday.jpg (254KB, 600x826px) Image search: [Google]
nowaday.jpg
254KB, 600x826px
>>383645016
>>
>>383639990
GIANTS
GIANTS
GIANTS
>>
>>383643452
Probably for the same reason the pygmies exist. The intro just said the First Flame brought life. Not just human life. Snakes are also imperfect dragons. Drakes are also imperfect dragons. Seath was problem just another imperfect dragon mutant like all the others were.
>>
>>383645949
become
UNSTOPPABLE
>>
Nobody ever mentioning the detail about "fogs", which existed from the beginning of the world and still appears in boss arena.
>>
>>383646178
I never thought of this

Were Pilgrims struggling to get to Lothric because that's where the First Flame was and they're trying to get close enough to disparity where death still exist so they can die?
>>
They were huge asshats to Seath because he's a bitccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so he goaded Gwyn into taking revenge on his behalf.
>>
>>383643630
>>383644414
You're both part right. Nito is Nito, and he always was, but he was the first of the "dead", and in this sense you can consider it almost a species. It's almost as if someone were to tell "X is the first of the dragons". In some contexts, it can also be interpreted as him being the "prime" of that species, i.e. he is the most dead a thing can be; the ideal definition of "dead".

It's actually really interesting because a lot of the language in DS is of older English, so reading Greek myths and historic legends can help translate some of that lexicon into today's meanings.
>>
File: Kalameet.png (414KB, 826x666px) Image search: [Google]
Kalameet.png
414KB, 826x666px
Supreme dragon even entire Anor londo forth dare not to challenge it.

...Seriously? Gough alone is more than enough to handle it.
>>
The only winning move was probably not to play at all. The dragons knew all along, and then Gwyn and co fucked it up by starting the cycle.
>>
>>383646906
The Four Knights could honestly beat Kalameet.
>>
>>383640692
Then where'd the Lord souls come from
>>
>>383639990
Gwyn et al had no actual reason to fight the dragons if the dragons hadn't given them a reason to. They could have easily left the dragons alone and just climbed up the trees and built all their shit without anybody bothering anybody else. The intro makes it seem like the dragons just sat around being motionless husks and doing nothing, but we know from Seath that they were intelligent and had a society and shit, so it's reasonable to assume that the advent of fire and lords gaining power from souls was perceived as inherently threatening which caused them to attack in an attempt to maintain the status quo.
>>
>>383646906
To be fair, Kalameet's stats from debug testing are technically good enough to beat down Manus and all the knights due to his high damage output. If he could permanently fly and had a better moveset in the air and on the ground, they are toast.
>>
>>383639990
>Did NITO deserve to be slayed by YOU? I don't recall anything ever specifying that he was menace.
>>
are all the areas in dark souls 1 normally supposed to be wedged together like tenants in a hong kong apartment, is it like that because the thing that makes time all fucked up, or is is just like that because it's a video game and you need to be able to walk from one area to the next
>>
The miasma of death and disease
=Pestilent Mercury
>>
File: 1497620637839.png (711KB, 1276x1882px) Image search: [Google]
1497620637839.png
711KB, 1276x1882px
>>383647353
>kill some dragons with your death farts
>comrades start fucking around with some flame
>fuck that shit
>go lay down in your old tomb and lend some of your power to your skelebros
>some random ass knight comes in and fucks up all your bros and then kills you

Nito did nothing wrong
>>
>>383648141
Nito stopped giving a fuck a long time ago. Pinwheel was able to steal the Rite of Kindling and Nito didn't even bother to send any skellies to get it back or even patrol his area.
>>
>>383643967
First one was going to be minimalistic but also was going to be FINISHED, which it wasn't.

Second one continued the minimalistic stuff but expanded a bit the idea, still not getting in depth of the meaning of it all because people seemed to like it that way.

3rd is an incoherent mess of no lore and nothing of an intriguing story but an alright game.
>>
>>383646657
how's it FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL
>>
Can someone explain the ringed city to me.
Was the city an illusion? How did Gael and Shira get to the wasteland?
Which is the end of the world, the arena with Gael or the Dreg Heap?
>>
The dragons were probably the guardians of the fire. The fire, possibly was the heart/core of the world. By tearing away a portion of it, they may have fucked up big time and did irreversible damage. The result was creating a leak that would never seal, requiring a constant flow of sacrifices just to delay shit, but it ends up being as useful as scooping water out of a boat with a hole in hit.
>>
Dark Souls is just a big allegory for Buddhism. Buddhists strive for emptiness (age of ancients) to escape samsara (cycles of linking the fire).
>>
>>383648590
The best I've been able to figure out is that Fillianore's Illusion works similar to Gwyndolin's illusion in that it hides the state of the world at large. Upon death the kingdoms of the world grinded together until they turned to dust but the sky faded away much more slowly. By the time you finish your fight with Gael you've pretty much found yourself at the doorstep of the Age of Dark
>>
>>383648770
I should add - this means the flame (and darkness) didn't exactly come from anywhere. There is no before or after disparity, there is just disparity and nothingness (disparity is required to have a notion of causation).
>>
>>383648141
giant dad is more than a random ass knight
>>
>>383648302
I assume Pinwheel was a gravelord servant originally which is how he managed to steal the Rite of Kindling to try to resurrect his family. Nito honestly probably didn't give a fuck, he may have not even known what was going on outside of the catacombs and thought he was going to be able to sit in his tomb and collect the dead for eternity, so he didn't really need all of this power.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.