[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gets shit on because muh edgy numetal >actually has the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: PrinceOfPersiaWallpaper21024.jpg (248KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PrinceOfPersiaWallpaper21024.jpg
248KB, 1024x768px
>gets shit on because muh edgy numetal
>actually has the best gameplay, level design and environments in the series
>>
>>383639025

I actually agree, having played both Sands of Time and Warrior Within last week and as someone who started a new playthrough of Two Thrones a few days ago.

It was nice that the story had much more weight to it, the stakes were high and the game is sorta challenging.

I even started to enjoy the music after a while.
>>
>>383640290
When I got the PoP bundle on sale I didn't remember SoT being as much of a slog when I played on PS2 a million years ago.
>>
>>383639025
Let's not forget about the glorious faps it provided to my early teenage years with Shahdee and Kalena
>>
>>383639025
Yeah, but the combat still sucks and is broken and the story goes edgy out of nowhere. Plus bugs.
>>
im with you op best pop for sure
>>
>>383639025
It had the best combat for sure, but the rehashed levels and overall color palette felt boring to me.

Doing an edgy sequel to a Sands of Time was a mistake.
>>
It was my favorite
>>
>>383639025
>That fucking Dahaka chase scene

Literally the most infuriating thing about this game (or was it part 3?).

You're being chased and the prince decides he doesn't want to wall run and instead plummet into the pit in front of you.
>>
>go back and play these 3 games after like 15 years
>turns out theyre actually terrible

The time rewind and that one move where you jump off an enemy and slash was its selling point back then.

The platforming stuff is boring and the combat is shallow and repetitive. Story is boring af too
>>
File: 1492715146563.jpg (116KB, 401x333px) Image search: [Google]
1492715146563.jpg
116KB, 401x333px
I don't give a heck, WW will always be my favorite PoP no matter how stupidly edgy it was. I'm a sucker for edgy shit so hey, it goes pretty well.
>>
>>383639025
the game was great, including soundtrack.
>>
>>383641215

Yeah, they have tons of looooong forced combat segments, even though the combat is essentially just jumping over enemies and pressing attack twice, and platforming segments that feel like pure filler.

>>383641291

>tfw Kaileena looked ten times worse in the sequel and got instantly killed

>>383641558
>>383641387

It went too edgy, but a litle bit of edginess made sense for a sequel. It's about the consequences of messing with time and trying to change fate, considering the Prince wrote and rewrote so much in Sands of Time.

>>383641602

There are multiple ones in 2, they're still a bit tense from time to time.

>>383641798

It didn't age as well as God of War on the PS2, I think, despite being from the same era. I remember it being revolutionary at the time though, Sands of Time looked fucking incredible in all aspects and Warrior Within was really anticipated. No one cared about Two Thrones and the subsequent PoP games, though.
>>
>>383639025
SoT nailed the atmosphere of a arabian nights tale setting. But the gameplay was honestly repetitive.
WW was the best gameplay and the most fun, although i do understand some criticism to turn a PEGI 12 game into a 16. My favorite none the less.
T2T was just outright lack luster. They did about half the game edgy as the second, then backpeddled and had had to remake most of it while scraping what they could.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
>>383639025
Combat was better but the pacing always felt worse to me.
>>
>>383639025
Nah. The focus on combat was bad.
>>
>>383642689
>and platforming segments that feel like pure filler.
God no, platforming was awesome. I was always awaiting what was next.
>>
I STAND ALONE
>>
File: 8298080056_5e95d476dc_o.jpg (658KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8298080056_5e95d476dc_o.jpg
658KB, 1920x1080px
>>383643530
>Nolan North was the prince's VA
>Basic platforming reminiscent of easy mode on a rhythm game with flashy graphics
>No tough puzzles
>Combat was generic and hardly came up anyway
>Pointless collectathon for uninteresting rewards
>I couldn't hack its memory addresses in Cheat Engine and get a free camera so I could just fly around instead
>>
>>383643530
Nothing it was a genuinely fun game.
>>
>>383643530
The whole game plays like a giant QTE, The ending asks you to undo the last 8 hours of bullshit you just went through.
>>
>>383642896
>T2T was just outright lack luster. They did about half the game edgy as the second, then backpeddled and had had to remake most of it while scraping what they could.

TT was pretty much retelling the same story as WW.

WW was basically about the Prince wrestling with his own bratty selfish nature, as royalty is prone to have, and the good ending is him overcoming it. Apparently the very unsubtle WW was still too subtle for retard gamers who were more concerned with the superficial aspects of the game and so they basically retold the exact same story again in TT except now with the bright colors, the SoT waifu that everyone whinged about being missing in WW and the prince's "dark side" being something that now actually physically manifests and you have to defeat in combat.

WW may have been made for dumb teenagers but TT was for dumb children.
>>
>>383641798
Your taste got worse.
The platforming is really solid. The story is very clever and the prince and Farah have great banter. The story feels very 1001 nights.
Fantastic game.
Combat is a tad worse, but they fixed that in Warrior Within and Two Thrones
>>
>>383639025
Sands of time is better
>>
File: ow.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
ow.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>383639025

CRAAAAWLLLIIINGGGG IN MY SKIIIIINNNNN
>>
>>383639025

I remember believing that there was an alternate ending where the prince gets consumed by darkness and you get an evil ending.

But as much as I looked for it I never found a way to get the ending, the part near the end where you can fight an infinite number of shadows I thought had to be what triggered it if you stay in it too long. Too much wasted time.
>>
>>383643530
Nothing, it was good.
>>
>>383642689
>It went too edgy, but a litle bit of edginess made sense for a sequel. It's about the consequences of messing with time and trying to change fate, considering the Prince wrote and rewrote so much in Sands of Time.
My problem isn't the edge, it's the way it's introduced. It's the equivalent of greeting someone with a pie to the face. Build it up a little. I think the combat's main problem was just technical limits of the time, not being able to do fine grain enough animation loops and such.

>>383643530
I liked it, but it's a lot more visually dull/muted than you would think, dunno why it feels that way. Needed proper end. Elika a cute.
>>
>>383645335
>Combat is a tad worse

That's an understatement, the combat is awful in SoT. It is just so boring and the devs knew it was boring because they give you a power that basically let's you skip right through it with one hit kills. I have a sneaking suspicion it's only in the game to pad out the length.
>>
>>383645246
>The tone of a game is superficial
>>
WW was literally best in series. Just needed better bug testing. And I wish there was some gameplay in Persia before you hop on the ship to mix things up.
>>
His edge actually made complete logical sense since he spent months getting hunted by a seemingly unstoppable conceptual being after believing he had finally done what was right. Sleep deprivation alone should have seriously fucked him up.
>>
>>383646567
>unstoppable conceptual
>gets killed by water
Dahaka is a jobber
>>
>>383639025
>best gameplay
I mean, if you don't consider the camera a part of the gameplay, sure. Personally I don't care for the camera perspective switching halfway through a jump to show my fucking character's face instead of the ledge I need to grab.

I've never been so infuriated with a game as I was when that game camera screwed me over and over.
>>
>>383646879
He only gets killed by a conceptual weapon being held in a single nigh unreachable location in the world. Those months of running must have been hell on earth since the prince didn't figure out the water weakness until the island, which means to that point he must have been accidentally using the water weakness at random points.
>>
>yfw it starts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxLLoOod5g
>>
>>383647216
No, he dies when he falls on the lake below them. Prince only uses the water sword to hurt him around and get him to fall.
>>
>>383644242
>>Nolan North was the prince's VA

I don't understand. What's the problem? The VA isn't that important.
>>
>>383647384
That's what I mean though, that sword was the only way to hurt him enough to get that chance. Otherwise he just tanks everything else like Superman fighting a cripple. It's not like Persia had a shortage of water pools.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.