/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about completing 100% MGSV, I'd like to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: mgs5_1.jpg (109KB, 937x496px) Image search: [Google]
mgs5_1.jpg
109KB, 937x496px
I'm thinking about completing 100% MGSV, I'd like to hear opinions about doing so.

What are the biggest obstacles?

Any tips or recommendations?

How long can it take?

I have already completed all main missions with S Rank, and I have also completed all the tedious side ops. However, I haven't completed all mission tasks, captured all animals, got all collectables, etc.

Will trying to platinum this game take away the fun? I have already played over 100 hours.
>>
Also, are there any glitches with the mission tasks that have to do with listening to conversations? I have heard people complaining about how these conversations won't simply trigger
>>
Have fun trying to find and capture a Leopard Tortoise.
>>
>>383625540
Is it that rare? Actually I've never seen any turtles in this game, any suggested location?
>>
I'm not an expert on MGS V but if you already played for so long and done the harder stuff shouldn't the plat be a cakewalk by now?

Just get a solid guide and have fun. I always liked the collectable/grinding part when I go for a Plat more enjoyable, than the bullshit that requires countless deaths and retries.
>>
>>383625375
Biggest obstacle is boredom.
Destroy tanks 1-10
Destroy armored units 1-10
Find missing MSF 1-10
Demine field 1-10
etc.

Also those four cunts in that one part of the game.
>>
>>383625813

I guess I can said the hard part is already done, but I was enjoying doing those missions trying to S rank them, however this is way different. The other day I was trying to go for animals I hadn't captured and it really got boring. Choose location (loading screen) get off helicopter (wait till the helicopter is close to soil), put cages, get on helicopter (wait till it takes off) (loading screen) you got some animals but not the one you wanted, repeat process.
>>
>>383625968
I have already completed all side ops. It was a chore really, they get extremely repetitive but at least is the base gameplay of the game, my biggest concern is moving from one area to another collecting things and experiencing loading screens
>>
>>383625375
Biggest obstacles 2 years ago when I did it were the bugged mission which you could complete with no rank and the animal traps.
>>
>>383625375
It's actually pretty easy, and unless you're really lucky the hardest part will legitimately be finding the Leopard Tortoise. You can find it in two locations, either the first place you spawn in Africa (small jungle location) or in the riverbeds downstream from Codetalker's mansion. I found it in the latter myself.
>>
>>383626840
I guess that mission has been patched.

Any recommended loadout for the mission tasks? I hate the idea that every dispatch costs GMP. I was using Raiden to go for those because of his velocity, the camouflage was also helpful as it didn't matter not getting s rank anymore
>>
>>383626508
When I do this kind of shit in a game I make a paper list of what is left and cross things as I complete them, it helps to feel like you're actually making progress.

I also tend to do other things at the same time like watching a show or funpost to not focus 100% of the attention on a fundamentally boring task.

I'm sorry I can't help you more OP, I don't know about your gaming habits, I'm personally not much of an achievements whore but I love to have that Plat on games I really enjoyed, if only for peace of mind. Google 'MGSV trophy guide' and see if you feel like it's worth going through.
>>
>>383627141
Is it enough with the cage to get it? Is bait really necessary? I haven't used it so far
>>
>>383627479
Bait is for the animals you can actually see, not the ones you use the cage with.
>>
>>383627321
It's been 2 years, I really don't remember. Most of the time I actually had to pick loadouts according to the mission itself.
>>
>>383627405
Thanks for the tip. If I do this, it will actually be the first game I complete 100%. So, I'm new trying to do something like that. Normally my self-imposed rules on games are just playing hard difficulty and no killings if it is a stealth game. I'm thinking about this just out of love for the series, I played my first MG game on the NES back when I was a kid and have good memories
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (120KB, 420x268px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
120KB, 420x268px
Have fun, OP.
>>
mgsv is shit
>>
>>383628062
What's that animal? I have already captured some rats
>>
>>383625375

How autistic are you people? Who does this shit?
>>
>>383628146
At least it's some shit that gets (you)r attention
>>
>>383628282

i only claim it was shit because i sank 170 plus hours in without getting everything

total waste of time
>>
>>383625506
You have to make sure that none of the npcs ever encounter anything out of the ordinary that makes them stop to investigate or anything because it screws everything up. Time of day is also important because shift changes and such can screw things up too
>>
>>383628062
>>383628218
>>
The devs didn't complete it so why should you
>>
>>383628370
What things were missing in your completion list?

>>383628408
I'll keep that in mind, thanks
>>
>>383628218
It's a Gerbil, A.K.A: "You though you finally captured that rare animal? Guess what, it's seven more Gerbils, motherfucker."
>>
>>383628481
The devs didn't pay for the game, so why would you lol
>>
>>383628783
Fucking true. Then as I said, repeat whole process. I haven't even taken a look in the facilities to see if those hundreds of rats are there
>>
File: 1460060543025.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1460060543025.gif
2MB, 448x252px
Just dont be an idiot like me and start building a nuke straight away, if they havent patched it it takes 24 hours with the game running to finish building it.
At that point I already finished everything except for that and there was literally nothing for me to do while waiting for it to finish
>tfw I left the game running in the background for 24 hours
>tfw I uninstalled after reaching 100% and havent touched it since
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.