[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried SFV and it was awful even though it wasn't that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

I tried SFV and it was awful even though it wasn't that hard. I tried Tekken 7 and I think I'd rather stick to 2D games for the time being. I tried Guilty Gear and was really thrown a loop by the learning curve, there's just so much going on I can't even keep up with what's happening on the screen.

My approach to GG thus far: Flail around spastically a bit then get put into the dirt, for 2 rounds. Re-do the tutorials and try to consider when and where to apply this knowledge. Repeat. I've been doing this for a couple weeks and I don't think I have any more of a clue than when I started.

Is there a good fighting game that doesn't require 400 hours of invested time to actually start having fun?
>>
>>383622817
MKX, Injustice 2
>>
File: DD8YGk6UIAAgmIu.jpg:large.jpg (113KB, 612x871px) Image search: [Google]
DD8YGk6UIAAgmIu.jpg:large.jpg
113KB, 612x871px
Guilty gear is not that hard. Stop flailing, learn defense, stick to one character, watch videos of good players with that character. Guilty Gear has ridiculously good tutorials (do the missions too) and it only takes a few hours to get a handle of things.
If you're new to fighting games, it'll take a while to learn the basics, no matter which game you play.
You can do it, anon.
>>
>>383623363
>western
>fighting games
I've heard bad things about fighting games not made in Japan.

>>383623437
Well most of the tutorials are about defense. Applying that to actually defending is probably the trickiest thing I've ever seen in any video game.
>>
>>383623591
At least give them a try. They get shit on because they're casual, but they're casual because they don't take 400 hours to learn.
>>
>>383623786
Okay, which platform between PS4 and PC would you say is the best for them?
>>
>>383623968
Injustice 2 is only on PS4 (for now) so that settles that.

MKX has free online for PC and you can get the full version for $9.99 on a sale but it'll have less players than PS4 naturally. I still play it and can find people though. If you already have PS+ and can find a used disc for cheap might as well go that route.
>>
>>383623437
The problem with GG is the player base consists of the few hardcore individuals that will wipe floor with your ass if you're new.
>>
>>383624339
Also should say only bother with MKXL since it's the "GOTY" version
>>
File: 1496634153046.png (753KB, 791x786px) Image search: [Google]
1496634153046.png
753KB, 791x786px
Do people still play USF4 on Steam? I wanna play akuma but have him not look like a faggot
>>
>>383624596
Play Tekken 7 then.
>>
>>383624596
Only the truly hardcore. Prepare to get your anus obliterated.
>>
>>383623786
>MK and Injustice are casual because they don't take 400 hours to learn
They're casual because they're casual garbage. It literally has an easy as fuck to build meter move that does 50-60% damage to a person that's not even that hard to get off. The games are built around being showy spectacles for normal fags.
>>
>>383625064
This. If you want to really enjoy fighting games, don't waste your time with the shallow masher games like MK and Injustice. These are good for a few hours of dumb fun, that's all. But once you put in the necessary time for a more serious fighting game, you'll be able to easily jump into most other games with a much higher level of skill. The initial time investment is tough, but worth it.
>>
>>383625572
But OP wants immediate fun, not waiting weeks to git gud
>>
>>383625064
>>383625572
If you think total newcomers to the genre like Op can master games like MK or Injustice easily, you are deluded, plain and simple. I don't think you actually believe what you write in your posts though.
>>
>>383623437
OP again. When you say it takes just a few hours to get a handle of things, I really have to think about whether or not I can handle the genre at all. Like in the confines of a mission or whatever, no problem doing the thing it says. In the actual game... well I dunno how many cumulative hours I've put in but I can't really tell how much progress I've made when I get shat upon to pretty much the same degree as when I started.
>>
>>383625875
I mean yeah, I can play CoD for hours and get good, but that doesn't mean the game has any depth or value at all.
>>
>>383626721
No game has value, it's just another method to waste some time. No one's hardcore just because they're good at a fightan.
>>
>>383626304
No matter what you play, you're going to have to accept that you're going to be outclassed. Even in MKX and Injustice where the skill ceiling isn't high you'll still go up against somebody who's leagues ahead of you. You won't feel like you make a lot of progress in either game because there's not much to learn, whereas in GG, Tekken or SF the ceiling is high enough that if you put the time and effort in, eventually you'll git gud and really feel the effects of it.
>>
>>383626938
Is this the new "Fun is a buzzword" meme? Though I agree nobody's hot shit just because they got gud at fightan.
>>
>>383626304
Whatever game you pick, you will also have to pick an easy character. Choosing the right character is important because you don't want someone who will rely on overly complex mechanics. You will have to spend some time in practice mode - this is something you simply can't avoid.

We live in a time of relatively accessible fighting games. Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, SF5 - pretty much any game you can choose can be played (relatively) effectively with some practice.

You can grasp basics with a couple of hours of research - look for tutorials and bread and butter combos on youtube. Choose someone who looks appealing and easy enough to you and hit the practice room.

All in all, your best bet is to go for a game with the larger player base, because this will allow you to play with people of equal skill, meaning you will end up less frustrated.
>>
>>383622817
Want to play fighting games sometime anon? I'm pretty trash myself and have a hard time getting into the game.
>>
What was your problem with Tekken, Op? It's very fun for a newcomer from my experience. I know I'm not moving efficiently, but after learning a couple of combos to punish people with, I'm having a good time playing different characters and finding stuff to punish.
>>
>>383627010
I have accepted that, but I can't really see progress or light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to GG. Ninja Gaiden Black is probably the hardest game I've ever beaten and I felt like I was more or less making steady progress as I progressed and hit roadblocks. Whereas in "Guilty Gear Black" I've been stonewalled at the first boss, who is also the first enemy with no level leading up to him.

I could see progress in SFV and even took some wins, but that was just boring even compared to getting ragdolled in Guilty Gear.
>>
>>383627930
Mission mode, tutorial, fucking practice mode, playing with your friends even. did you literally boot up the game and go online immediately, lose then throw yourself at it over and over again before coming here to bitch how you're bad at the game without taking time to learn a character?
>>
>>383627902
There's a shit ton of moves in the list, playing in 3 dimensions with the exact same dpad + buttons controls as a 2D game is pretty strange, and it just seems pretty alien overall to the 2D games I'm more interested in.

>>383628105
I do all that except play with friends because I haven't been able to get them to play. I've gravitated towards much more 1p grinding than 2p play which is really starting to sap the fun out of the game.
>>
>>383628410
This should be right up your alley.
https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>>
>>383628410
Well, part of the learning process is figuring out the basics of your character and just getting #Rekt online, there's only so much you can learn on your own since the genre is just as much about personal technical skill and reading and reacting to a proper opponent. On the topic of an easier to learn fightan, I'd say play Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku. It's not the greatest thing around, but it should be relatively easy to learn since there isn't a requirement to have a lot of technical skill.
>>
>>383629462
>Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku
Does anyone actually play this?
>>
>>383629864
I'm sure there's still plenty of hardcore fans playing it honestly, but I can't say much about general playerbase, I only really play it with friends and haven't been looking for games online so I can't say much.
>>
>>383624384
Thats most fighting games amigo
>>
Which is better, GG Xrd Rev2 on PC or PS4?
>>
>>383630604
Both are pretty dead. You can't get exact numbers of concurrent players for ps4 so people will say ps4.
>>
>>383629864
I play Soku with friends but I don't recommend it at all for beginners due to the lack of defensive options.
>>
>>383622817
Just play VF for a few months.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.