[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you play League of Legends anymore? Is it because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 50

File: background.jpg (483KB, 1054x490px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
483KB, 1054x490px
Why don't you play League of Legends anymore? Is it because of the players or the way that the game was designed?
>>
>>383609293
Got permabanned after 6 years of playing and it wasn't worth returning to.
>>
Game is fundamentally broken and bad, despite the devs recent attempts to fix it. There are better and more fun online games.
>>
Realized that relying on random strangers for my own enjoyment is a waste of time. I dont play any team games with strangers now.
>>
>>383609293
shit community
shit f2p model
not as fun as dota 2
>>
frustrating
>>
>>383609513
>Got permabanned
how? i trying so hard and always get nothing
>>
>>383609293
>ban you for muh racism
>stuck in a 30 minute game with an afk because I randomly get paired with a faggot and I get punished if I leave
id rather play PUB and enjoy being able to join and leave games at will.
>>
File: 1398009757334.png (63KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1398009757334.png
63KB, 184x184px
>>383609574
On this day, anon had good taste.
>>
>>383609642
>i trying so hard and always get nothing
what exactly did you try?
>>
Got bored of playing a game where I repeatedly grind the same map.

Played a bit again on ARAM since it was an entire mode centered around team fights but eventually got bored of that too.
>>
>>383609561
this

except i play cs:go now, but i'm on high enough skill level A- esea to enjoy most of my games

but games like assfaggots or overwatch can go to hui t b h
>>
It'd be more fun if Riot would just leave the actually fun game modes in to play whenever.
>>
File: falloutgirl.png (3MB, 800x969px) Image search: [Google]
falloutgirl.png
3MB, 800x969px
>>383609293
CS:GO community is educated and well mannered compared to this. Also dev's punish you when you try to vote to surrender or simply don't want to play with assholes that ruin the match. A simple votekick option would make this cesspit of a game a little more tolerable. Also metas and nerfs suck. If I play premade with friends I would play both, otherwise singleplayer.

PS No the csgo community is as cancerous as those soviet fission reactors that blew up in the 80s
>>
>>383609293
I played it religiously until I paid 10 dollars for a dota 2 beta key and never went back.

Now I don't play dota 2 much either. Eventually, the games just sort of ran together for me. Everything felt incredibly samey.
>>
>>383609642
Right now it might be harder. Back when i was playing you just needed a 3 matches where you insult people and are salty in 2-3 month period of time. If you were punished 4 times, and the 2-3 month time between punishments did not pass, the 4th time was permaban.
I was one salty motherfucker in my last year (previously never got punished) of playing so it was easy for me to achieve.
>>
>>383609293
Coz i prefer League of Angels much better comfy game without the bullshit of bads in your team (and 0 bads on enemy team)every game.
>>
>>383609293

I only play with friends. Solo anything in these types of games sucks.

The problem is, of my friends, I'm still probably the least experienced at League and even though they claim to just "casually" be playing, the minute I try something a little off kilter or maybe don't do something like a pro player would they lose their shit and get very hyper critical like a bunch of know it all ass holes. Its so fucking annoying, I just want to kick back and play some games with friends, but I don't know how much longer I can put up with this shit.

Id also much rather play Dota 2 but the majority of the group prefers League simply because they don't want to learn Dota
>>
I played with a group of about 8 friends from across the world on ventrillo, ultimately it was something to do in the background while talking and laughing and shit. We got busy with jobs or college and rarely played together much after a while, and ultimately the game just isn't fun enough to play with pugs despite having 1000s of hours put into it.
Sad stuff because some of my fondest memories in video games come from league of legends or modern warfare 2. Shit games ultimately, but with the right friends they can be extremely entertaining.
>>
>>383609742
praising hitler call everyone nigger muslim hate etc.
shitstorm every game for no reason.
plz i want to be free
>>
>>383609293
>most of my friends stop playing it
>Had a slight mouse input delay which I could not figure out where it come from (probably just latency)
>Absolutely abhorrent community
>Started getting random lag spikes which was infuriating
eventually grew bored of it, never looking back hopefully
>>
If it's 1v1, use an elo/mmr system
If it's "constructed team vs constructed team" of people you handpicked to be on your team, use an elo/mmr system

If it's some algorithm that takes everybody's elo/mmr from a pool of queued players, averages them, and stacks the teams in such a way that the people with <50% win rates on put onto the "winning team" and those with >50% win rates are put on the "losing team" to ensure a 50/50 balance, then fucking throw that shit in the garbage can.

I really don't want to play team-based games anymore unless it's completely random, because fuck the LoL formula of going 10 game win-streaks followed by 8 game loss-streaks and suffering that slow climb.
>>
Because fuck trying to play team games with randoms.
also fuck playing these kinds of games with my friends.

>The hell happened man? Did you even heal me bro?
>No shit, but we're like level 3 and there's a goddamn 8 second cooldown. Stop fucking rushing in.

>Friend stops me lane every minute to slowly hunt and peck insults at the enemy team like a huge fag
>gets killed, gets pissy, and keeps doing it
>>
>>383609293
Because I wanted more depth to my gameplay than "hit the target 3 times for extra damage!".

Because I didn't want to pay Riot my money so I could play other champions.

Because I didn't want to have to deal with fotm picks.

Because DotA 2 is both objectively and structurally a better game.
>>
>>383610171
just keep at it and make sure to go 0-20.

usually just spamming nigger works out though.
>>
>>383609936
Anon, are you one of those people who refuse to surrender when there's no possible way that your team is going to win? I don't mean "oh, we lost a team fight, better surrender", I mean Your team hasn't managed to get a kill after 15 minutes, hasn't taken a single tower, and the enemy is pushed into your base.
>>
Because I'm playing hots, suck it nerds
>>
>>383609293
But I still play it a few times a week. Some champs are really fun, like GP.
>>383610415
>Reddit spacing
Opinion discarded
>>
>>383610171
usually people (both allied and enemies) will just dismiss you as some retard trying to get his friend's account banned.
In order to get better results just put the least amount of effort into every game without making it obvious that you're inting.
Make sure to type nigger/faggot/cunt everytime you die to an enemy, flame your teammates for the smallest shit and just be an asshole in general.
>>
>>383609936
>csgo community is as cancerous as those soviet fission reactors that blew up in the 80s

eh, not really
it's cancerous in game, obviously. tilt is not a joke
but this community can do amazing things sometimes
that bullying stories with Lo0p and Freakazoid/Simple are good example
>>
>>383610434
>just keep at it and make sure to go 0-20.
I almost always do the most in team giveing ass is not my way maybe thats why i cant get banned.
phrase without nigger not exist when i play league
>>
File: renzo.jpg (1MB, 960x1250px) Image search: [Google]
renzo.jpg
1MB, 960x1250px
League was pretty fun early on before Riot started becoming the fun police with their whole E-sports mania they had. The forced meta, the shitty nerfs, remaking characters so they only had a single build.

I played Dawngate for a while and after that I knew there was no reason to every play LoL again. It was according to the developer diaries, the game they wanted LoL to be down in their hearts but they were never skilled enough to make it happen in their own monstrosity of spaghetti fixes and enforced metas. If you've played perfect LoL there's no going back to the shitty version.

Now I mostly play HotS because it's low effort and fun. Different map objectives combined with totally random teams means you really just get to fuck around and do whatever you want. Talents are shitty but they're at least varied enough that I can try for different builds depending on the random team I ended up on and the random characters I have to go against. Dota is cool too but I really hate the new map and stuff so I hardly play it anymore.
>>
>>383610645
>Make sure to type nigger/faggot/cunt everytime you die to an enemy, flame your teammates for the smallest shit and just be an asshole in general.
me in general when i play assfaggots i almost always do the most in team even when im dmg support and carry game while adc is worthless shit.
>>
Its boring. I got tired of playing with the same builds that ultimately didn't change your play style much, playing on the same map in the same lanes with no variation, and having to grind for weeks for a new champion who can only satisfy my urge for something new for a game or two until I get bored again. I don't see how you people can play for thousands of hours, its mind numbing after a while.
>>
>>383609293
Because when I tried Dota 2, I think I enjoyed being able to play any hero whenever the fuck I want was a better system.

t. person with a versatility of 9.8/10
>>
File: url.jpg (266KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
266KB, 800x600px
>>383610489
Actually quite the opposite. I'm one of those that that vote to surrender when you have an adc 0/9/1 and one inhibitor down. Even if I suck in a certain game,but we're winning I suck it up until its over and don't play more. Same thing in cs:go in 15 min its 0/6 and most teammates are yelling in russian or turskish one of them leaves and they don't wanna surrender. Those things make me more salty than the dead sea. Also when those losers start blaming you for their downfall.... rage ensures.
>>
>>383610636
>le reddit boogeyman
never change /v/
>>
File: 28-15.jpg (143KB, 990x557px) Image search: [Google]
28-15.jpg
143KB, 990x557px
>>383610756
You're right. But then again when you play with 15 year old russian kids it gets cancerous. I guess if you get into a clan or smth it might be pretty awesome. Sooo I can't really debate over that, just my personal experience.
>>
>>383611040
t. reddit
>>
>>383611024
>>383610489
Play to improve, you low test crybabies.
Have every single one of you, faggots that chicken out on a disadvantage.
>>
There is only so mich masochism a man with self respect can endure.

If I could I would extract all of my gaming hours back that I spend on this garbage. (Yes even those from season 3 when the game was actually fun)
>>
>>383610131
>ultimately
>>
File: ava.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ava.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>383609293

I left like 2-3 years ago because the devs honestly fucked up the balance.

The game is fundamentally unbalanced and they still decided to go for the DOTA route where every hero is ridiculously powerful, but in League it just ends up with some heroes being factually more powerful than others and past a certain point in the game: Unbeatable.

When I left there was basically a tank meta where characters like Garen, Mundo and Shyvana were literally impossible to kill even 5v1 when they reached like 70% of their potential. They snowballed out of control and Riot never did anything to fix this.

Also Riot has a horrible internal structure leading in fucked up balance patches and champion releases
>>
>>383609661
This, I can understand if it is ranked and you punish people for leaving a game. However, if it is normals than you really shouldn't.

There should be a way that all players can vote to end the game early and move on if there are major issues with AFK or players disconnecting. Or at the least restart the game with those trouble players being kicked and opening up the game to new players to join the game.

Unfortunately this is a big issue when the game isn't about the sole individual player but a team effort and how they are tied together.
>>
>>383611040
>spacing is Reddit
breathing is Reddit now.
>>
>>383609293
played the fuck out of it from 2010 to 2014

got bored, quit
>>
File: stardestroyerww2.jpg (68KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
stardestroyerww2.jpg
68KB, 960x540px
>>383611316

I'm playing for fun. Not to prove my virginity.
>>
>>383611791
I don't think there has been a time since season 1 in which Garen has been anything resembling great, much less unstoppable.
>>
File: LOOOOOL.png (44KB, 104x676px) Image search: [Google]
LOOOOOL.png
44KB, 104x676px
Which season did you guys personally find the most fun/had good memories of? I honestly loved the game when it was in S2/S3, but after S4 things kind of changed and I ended up leaving during S5, almost every game during that season was filled with rage from both teams and I didn't feel the same sense of accomplishment or fulfillment I did before during the older seasons. I don't know what happened during those two seasons, but it wasn't good that's for sure.
>>
>>383612020

Well he was when I left and he was one of the main reasons why I left.

His health regen was absurd as well as his damage. An entire teamfight could leave him with 30% HP and all he had to do was DEMACIA his way out and in literally 20 seconds he would be at 70% HP.
>>
>>383611902
didn't get the memo? playing games is reddit now
>>
>go 30 and 0
>lose

>do ranked
>3 people dc during the match

>do ranked
>guy feeds from start to finish intentionally by spawning and running to enemy towers

>do ranked
>go 20 and 0
>two guys start feeding because they want me to lose because I was doing well

>play with friends
>friends are dramatically lower skill level than I am (not trying to be an arrogant faggot, just being honest)
>friends get frustrated when they fuck up a lot
>friends get frustrated that I do better than them
>people start arguing, getting emotional and heated when the entire point was just to do something fun together in a video game

>favorite characters get nerfed despite being rare picks and low win rate because their abilities make new players upset

I put 4000 hours in league and I wish I never did
>>
>>383611815
even in ranked it makes no sense honestly. people arent going to magically play better in a game they dont want to play if you make them stay. just make people lose double elo or something and thats it.

if you get a game with an afk or shitface you should be able to JUST LEAVE like in broodwar holy shit.

broodwar has an infinitely better system for this.
>>
>>383612134
Man, S2/S3 were great. I still remember Skarner with a permaslow, mained the fuck out of him until he was mutilated several times and now I find him unplayable.
Sadly it's what happened with most of my mains. Champs like Kog, Graves, more recently Zac get changed in a way that I don't agree with and it's just annoying. They never feel right anymore so I just have to pick other characters now.
>>
>>383609293
Because I don't need to play League of Legends to eRP as Akali with a dick fucking Kennen?
Duh.
>>
About 70% of ranked players are silver or bronze. Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>383611791
I hated that shit. I was never diamond or anything, but it was still pretty annoying to play ranked and have a bunch of tanks on every team, tanks that could take a lot of damage while also dealing it.

The game always had a lot of characters who would be able to shit on teams really fast but they were mostly glass canons.

>>383612020

Ah fuck off.

League has one of the most reddit-tier communities out there where they basically circlejerk around each other denying that some shit is extremely OP and just calling anyone who disagrees "a scrub", or they start saying "LOL DUDE HOL' UP YOU'RE NOT DIAMOND? THEN YOUR OPINION IS NOT VALID GO GIT GUD XD!"

I never encountered a single one of those "Pros" who gave an actually viable solution against the fundamentally op characters
>>
>>383612629
which means nothing because the system is designed to put 70% of players in silver or bronze.

HURR DURR
>>
>>383612629
Or you can play overwatch, where almost every player is gold or plat, and the only way you get bronze is if you have no fingers
>>
>>383612709
Anyone who is silver and has listened to bronze players complain knows that the bronze players were causing a lot of their own problems. Any gold player who has listened to a silver player complain... you get the pattern. The system places you where ever you brain takes you.
>>
>>383612914
This is true for literally any ranked system. However, where the game draws the line between bronze/silver and etc says a lot. Overwatch has everyone in gold, league has everyone in bronze.

I don't know what it says, just trying to add to the conversation without fighting
>>
>>383611791
Man, I remember when ADC's used to build Warmogs for added survivability. And when Warmogs was OP as fuck.

Hell, Heart of Gold, Force of Nature, Malady, Spirit of Elder Lizard, Deathfire Touch, Wriggle's Lantern, Feral Flame
this gives me some bizarre nostalgia. In a way it's good that the game is constantly changing and updating, it's just a shame it seems to get worse with every patch.
>>
>>383609293
got bored and tired of the shit community a few years back

I occasionally go back and play a few ARAM games but it feels like every time I do my favorite champs got some ridiculous rework and play completely differently than how I enjoyed them before.

I don't actively play any mobas these days but I enjoy some HOTS occasionally
>>
File: 1499629883115.jpg (7KB, 262x278px) Image search: [Google]
1499629883115.jpg
7KB, 262x278px
>>383609513
>Getting permabanned from League
How are people retarded enough to have this happen to them?? Riot has a pretty clear policy of increasingly harsh punishments. All you have to do is just /mute all and not type after you get the 2 week ban.

Are you incapable of following simple instruction? Do you have an IQ below 80 or something?
>>
I stop playing due to the assassin update. I mained kha'zix and ekko (in the jungle) and after the rework Kha'zix was unfun to play, imo, and ekko wasn't great in the jungle anymore.

I slowly lost interest after that change, though it started before the update, that simply pushed me over the edge.
>>
>>383613084
What they call your rank doesn't matter. Your place in the distribution of players matters. If you're in the 20th percentile and you're complaining about how the game isn't fair then why aren't the other 80% of players having as much trouble?
>>
it's unbalanced as shit , they never nerfed Lee or yasuo

playing old champions like yi or Jax is a joke because every new champion has broken mobility and older champs can't follow. playing old champs feels like using a ww2 rifle in a modern conflit

like 80% of champs are never picked in pro plays, every game you go now it's Lee Lee vayne Lee yasuo Syndra vayne Lee yasuo jhin jhin (lee)

whenever I play with my friends we end up fighting because we lost , it never happens in tf2 pubs
>>
>>383609293

I quit after they reworked Mordekaiser. He is boring as fuck to play now.
>>
>>383612020

Garen was fairly overpowered right after the Juggernaut update, but only in pubs. He got nerfed back into being useless in a week or so.
Isnt it amazing how much they have buffed him (Massively lowered his Ult CD, fixed his passive, fixed bugs) and he was still garbage until a rework?
>>
>>383612914
problem is that even at high level play you see the same boring picks in LCS every single time.

the game is too simple to balance because even the slightest difference in dps or tankyness makes them snowball hard.
>>
>>383613631

Buffed his passive*

My bad. God, his passive healing was so useless before they made it scale by level.
>>
File: 1489277996877.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489277996877.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Flash still exists, doesn't it? It's probably still a must-have as well, I'd like for them to rebalance the game around no Flash.

I see they're trying to make new mechanics with the champions which is good, but they're still mostly Q - skillshot, W - utility, E - AoE/whatever and only innovate ultimates and passives, plus regular spells are generally extremely weak, but that's the tradeoff for low cooldowns and low costs I guess.

It's a shame because I really liked how it played in comparison to Dota2, I liked its responsiveness and using my spells regularly.
>>
>>383613292

Characters like Yasuo, Yi, Jax and Rengar also snowball out of control and this was never addressed.

People would say "JUST USE CC ON THAT YI!" forgetting that this basically meant EVERY CHARACTER wasting their ults and CC on the dude, while being left defenseless against the rest of the team. You get to a point where there's no right way of prioritizing because you either waste everything trying to kill the melee carrier while the rest of the team rapes you or you focus on the rest of the team while the melee carrier rapes you
>>
>>383609293
I don't play these generic ass RTS games, Age of Empires III is for real men
>>
File: 1485471987619.gif (321KB, 745x741px) Image search: [Google]
1485471987619.gif
321KB, 745x741px
>TFW my boy Veigar still has the same story n OK spells

On the other hand there are still LuluxVeigar n CatVeigar fags
>>
>>383609293
A little of both. I hate the playerbase, and I'm tired of playing on just one map over and over.
>>
File: 1498506910627.gif (2MB, 350x257px) Image search: [Google]
1498506910627.gif
2MB, 350x257px
>>383609293
>come back to League from not playing it for a year or so
>Fiora is apparently top tier now
Yeah I'm not touching that shit with a 600 foot pole.
>>
the concept behind MOBAs is flawed. they need to keep releasing new heroes to keep interest and income up, but you cant fucking balance a game with 100+ unique characters
>>
File: smug_dva.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
smug_dva.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
>>383609293
It's not dota
>>
>>383614945
both of those statements are only true because the game is just so simple it gets figured out within a few months.
>>
>>383609293
I initially had some fun with LoL, because it was the first ARTS I ever played and the genre itself has some fun and unique elements. For this reason I can understand why so many people enjoy the game, since it was their first introduction to the genre. Eventually I quit and roughly a year after quitting, I started playing Dota 2, which was my introduction to a good ARTS (quite possibly the only good one, honestly). Playing Dota 2 also made see how much is wrong with LoL.

So to answer your question, I don't play it anymore because it's a bad game (the patches seem to have made it worse, but the game was bad in the first place), because the community is a bunch of whiny bitches who rigidly follow and enforce a certain playstyle, and because Riot is despicable.
>>
>>383614208
The thing about flash is, at least from my perspective, it sorta counters mobility creep in a way, by giving everyone the same tool for quick displacement.
I'd like to see it balanced differently however, maybe make it a must-pick for low mobility characters and change alternatives so someone who already has a lot of mobility and doesn't benefit from extra that much like Leblanc can take something different.
>>
File: 1481143039037.gif (256KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1481143039037.gif
256KB, 384x216px
>>383610937
Is this like low effort bait or something.
>>
>>383609293
I always played the superior HoN, though
>>
I do play it though.
I play just enough to stay in welfare diamond, while I play the occasional aram game for fun.
>>
>>383613171
Some people on /v/ are literally incapable of not going all "fucking nigger kill yourself faggot" for a single second
>>
Every game is a one-sided steamroll decided at around 5 minutes, there's no comeback mechanics. Aside from dumb luck or your opponents being literal idiots, there is almost no way to reclaim the lead, and almost no way to lose a lead in the current enviornment

The snowball effect has become so overwhelming they opted to lower the surrender timer to 15 minutes instead of fixing it
>>
>>383612684
>denying that some shit is extremely OP and just calling anyone who disagrees "a scrub", or they start saying "LOL DUDE HOL' UP YOU'RE NOT DIAMOND? THEN YOUR OPINION IS NOT VALID GO GIT GUD XD!"

Sounds like the CSGO community whenever a valid point is brought in regards to hax or hit reg issues
>>
>>383612205
Not surprised a name fag is arguing for Reddit :^)
>>
File: 1360448410986.jpg (3MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1360448410986.jpg
3MB, 1500x3000px
>>383609293
Riot has an obsession with balance to the point where the game feels really stiff and uneventful - all while failing to actually balance the game. Every game feels the same no matter what you do and people seem to fucking love it for some reason. Despite having seemingly multitude of options your choices are very limited:

>pick a "top tier" champion and go to the same lane every time
>get your minmaxed Rune and Mastery page
>hope your team mates actually do the same
>hope that people on your team won't give up at the 10 minute mark and force a surrender after 20 minutes

I sold my account and then tried to go back a few months later, it was horrible.
>buying champions takes ages
>getting rune pages takes ages
>account leveling system and locking up masteries and runes is pointless
>despite supposedly playing with new people every game there was at least one guy going apeshit because I wasn't playing "the right way"

At least in Dota I have all heroes from the start.

Pic related is from like 2012 I believe, has any of these changed over the years?
>>
>>383615767
>there's no comeback mechanics.
probably a bad idea to address that problem this way.

either make it not snowball or have the games be short and end at 8 minutes or so.
>>
>>383609293
The only legit complaint I have about league that keeps putting me off is the retarded amounts of mobility and passives champions have. Zed for example and his dumb "will never miss cs" passive that works with champions or yasuo with a fucking double crit chance and passive shield, also the massive amounts of damage everyone does, cant even fullfill your role as a tank since you get cc'd and melted in less than a second, not to mention they keep ruining muh supports.
Also the fact that god forgives anyone picks anything "off-meta" because the second it becomes popular it gets nerfed to the ground just to go back to your usual Lee/Vayne/Zed or Yas/Tresh/and whoever is at top because ev3n with teleport people spend the whole match there.
>>
So, why exactly is DotA better? Like, specifics, don't just write "it's deeper". I've never played LoL in my life and don't intend to, but I do enjoy a game of DotA once in a while and I'm curious about the exact differences.
If anything I prefer behind the back perspective mobas though, like Smite and Paragon. It just feels much more intuitive, sensible and fun for a genre in which you almost always control a single character only.
>>
File: 1499425331440.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1499425331440.gif
867KB, 480x336px
I stopped playing years ago because I realized it's a literal 4 button game with no mechanical depth. You don't feel yourself improve, and it's less involved.
>>
>>383609293
>Is it because of the players or the way that the game was designed?
Both.
>>
>>383615967
I feel like it's designed, they want games to be shorter so people can get in and out faster, maybe a conscious decision to compete with Overwatch and have quicker rounds.

Either way, I quit League when I realized I hadn't had a "good" game in over a month. Either we completely shit on the enemy, or we were utterly destroyed.
>>
>>383616190
that was the original design in the first place but for about 5 years they tried to do the complete opposite for whatever reason.

now its to the point where it still takes forever and nothing has changed because they gave up completely.
>>
>>383615859
had name on from /gw2g/ where it's pretty much required. I stopped using reddit it's just amazing how piss scared /v/ is about anything that "is reddit"
>>
File: 1418077582268.jpg (103KB, 339x544px) Image search: [Google]
1418077582268.jpg
103KB, 339x544px
i stll play it occasionally with friends.
i still have fun as my boy kha'zix
>>
>>383609293
I just never got into it, though I did try to. The concept of last hitting was a pain on my latency and as a support main I never could keep up with my carry due to them outpacing me. The community was overly toxic at times, like cussing up a storm because I was out of position but lived anyway... against bots. And the heroes I liked didn't jel with me as well as item purchasing was a whole new meta game to get into past learning heroes and their moves. I just didn't click with it and stopped. That was years ago now, I think Vi was just released at the time. Nowadays I play heroes of the storm because it's a bit easier to learn and I can actually play heroes I like really well.
>>
>>383609293
Everything fun about the game was made into shit. Everything soft counters everything, all champs play the same, no way to feel powerful even when doing well.
Plus the grind, the endless grind.
>>
>>383615994
>So, why exactly is DotA better?
Besides all heroes being free?
>>
File: 1497228610162.jpg (61KB, 391x340px) Image search: [Google]
1497228610162.jpg
61KB, 391x340px
>>383609293
no game is meant to be played forever
I had thousand of matches and was simply done with the game
>>
File: Rhaast.png (745KB, 1600x470px) Image search: [Google]
Rhaast.png
745KB, 1600x470px
I dislike how they balance the game, thus I refuse to ever play it seriously.
I would much prefer a game like DoTa where most characters have some place in the game, and it's more about team composition. In League they balance around a small handful of characters and tell everyone to fuck off.
Also they make really overloaded characters now. I mean, look at a basic on-release tank like Cho'gath and pair him with a modern top laner. He can't deal with half of them because they all have %health 3 hit passives and massive mobility.
I must admit, I do like their character designs.
>>
>>383616380
Mainly because of the fact they lurk here and bastardize any type of conversation in attention/ebin screencaps for r/4chan

I'm not even trying to be "le board culture" faggot, but you can see anons having a normal conversation on a game, even 1 they have very different opinions on, only to have some maymay spouting fuck screech Reddit spacing, post some smug weeb shit along with a passive-aggressive comment, regurgitate whatever they saw on the front page, etc. just so some shit will go down and they can get that sweet karma.

I know it might sound paranoid, but go check r/4chan every once in a while to see how many times a screencapped thread gets posted. Other boards like /fit/ and /g/ are safe, but /v/ is a mainstream board now
>>
I started playing when it just came out of beta.
Some of my friends started playing too, plus I met some people ig, with whom we played. Overall it was a lot of fun, since we were almost a 5 stack and you could afford to do stupid shit and weird setups. Easily played 1000 hrs+. Somehow we played less and less and it came to the point where we stopped playing completely. Came back to it after a year or so, but stopped for good when they released the map remake. It somehow sucked out the feeling, can't really explain it.
So yeah the design changes made me stop playing.
>>
>>383615994
In Dota, your hero's role in the game is less about what the devs think it should be but rather how you decide to play it.
There's much more build variation in Dota which allows all sorts of weird synergies to pop up.
The meta in Dota can morph multiple times during a single tournament, while in LoL you pretty much have to play the game as the devs intended it to be played.
>>
File: poppy.jpg (339KB, 1356x2022px) Image search: [Google]
poppy.jpg
339KB, 1356x2022px
>>383615994
I've played both for quite some time and ultimately I like Dota more, mainly because

>all heroes available from the start
>heroes don't get nerfed to the ground when they become popular
>heroes in general are more interesting gameplay wise than the ones LoL has
In LoL your hero can be strong pretty much only late game, early/mid game most heroes feel weak, in Dota you have heroes that are clearly strong early but become weaker as the game progresses, there are mid-game dominators that give you an opportunity to end things quickly and late game carries destroying the enemy team
>meta is not stale
In LoL (or at least when I played it) you send one "Tanky DPS" guy top, one mage/assassin to mid, one guy to the jungle (preferably someone who can gank), and a support and a carry to bot. In Dota jungle is optional, you can have roamers, you can have trilanes, counter jungles, you can send a carry to mid lane - basically everything goes as long as you can make it work.
>heroes have multiple purposes
In LoL roles for heroes are clearly defined most of the time, in Dota one hero can perform several different things depending where he goes, how much he is allowed to farm and what items you build on him. Some roles are better than others, but the variety is here.
>>
>>383616982
That is severely paranoid though
4chan is perfectly capable at producing its own screeching maymayspouting autists
Also you're the first person in ages I've seen use maymay
>>
File: 1475038076550.jpg (303KB, 730x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475038076550.jpg
303KB, 730x750px
>>383609293
Friends stopped playing, so I had no reason to. Hate that they fucked up my waifu. Urgot rework looks terrible too.

They make the characters more interesting to play but their personalities and backstories just go straight to shit. Goes to show how horrid the writing staff became.
>>
>>383610171
had a level 17 account that I only played once every 4 months or so and never typed anything in chat, decided to play one time but everyone in my team was orbiting around this "girl gaymer" who was losing us the match so I started to call her a tranny and the others in my team gay and made gay jokes. 5 minutes after the match I got permabanned, if I log into that account now it still shows only the chat log from that 1 match
>>
>>383609293
I play HotS instead. Recognizable characters means that I don't have to spend nearly as much time learning my enemy's playstyle since I can already guess what they're supposed to be doing.
>>
>>383618462
But the Urgot rework looks great.
>>
>>383615994
>So, why exactly is DotA better?
First off, the game has better characterization and voice acting (which is important especially for new players), the business model is far better for the players (every character is free), the map is prettier and has more life (e.g. bugs crawling around). That's all non-gameplay stuff, but it affects the feel of the game.

With regards to gameplay: there is significantly more character variety (AFAIK, LoL has slightly improved on that side but it's still nowhere near Dota). The itemization is much better designed, with items having more interesting actives and passives, which allows for more player creativity when figuring out item builds. The higher-tier items also are far less gold efficient, which means that supports don't need much gold to function and that snowballing is mitigated a little bit. Spells are also a lot more varied, unique, impactful (not just in terms of damage but in terms of effect) and they don't scale much with intelligence, which also reduces snowballing and makes the early game more interesting. The map is better designed, with map movement being encouraged (this along with several of the elements above makes the support role a lot of fun to play, whereas in LoL it's a chore).

Also, when you compare gameplay elements and systems in Dota and compare them to their analogues in LoL, Dota's consistently have more potential for players outsmarting their opponents, and are just better designed (e.g. trees compared to bushes).

I could go on listing more specifics but I'm getting bored.
>>
File: crash bandisad.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
crash bandisad.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>383618462
But Urgots old story wasn't very different, they just changed his enemy.
Old story was pretty much
>Noxian warrior
>Ended up fighting so hard he destroyed most of his own body
>Made shitty replacements and became the head executioner as he could no longer fight
>Almost executed one of the Jarvan's (was it IV?)
>Garen killed him
>Noxus had him rebuilt with Zaun technology and a bit of necromancy
>Now wants to kill Garen
The new story is pretty much the same but instead of Garen its
>Swain backstabs him on his ascent to rulership
>Survives but is left in Zaun with no means to leave
>Has to work in the mines under zaun, the lowest of the low
>Slowly delivers his message of revolution to everyone in the mines
>They help rebuild him as a mechanical monster using mining equipment
>Begins to murder the upper powers of zaun and noxus in order to deliver his message
I think Urgots rework looks great actually. Poppy's messed up her story though. He might be a lot cuter and sillier, but it isn't as good as a story.
>>
>>383616916
about their designs, I feel like they're going a little bit overboard with Humanoids in general
give me another Chogath/ Reksai/ Skarner please
>>
>>383619432
As someone said before, those probably don't sell as well. The bean counters have a say in that.
>>
File: Vel'kled.png (670KB, 800x861px) Image search: [Google]
Vel'kled.png
670KB, 800x861px
>>383619432
Urgots is kinda close, then again it's a rework.
It is a shame though, I love how all the voidlings look. I think Vel'koz is one of the most unique designs in the game.
>>
>>383609293
Every champion I ever liked was fucking murdered and replaced with shitty doppelgangers by the rework team. They played differently, they were picked for different reasons, sometimes they were in entirely different roles and they even had different fucking personalities. I didn't really like the game, I liked playing those champs in the game. Why stay when they were gone?
>>
I started playing in 2012 and took a 2 year hiatus in 2013 (I think? Shortly after Yasuo released)

Then I got back and the game was extremely different and I didn't like the current meta, but the last straw for me was how every single character getting released was getting a MAJOR mobility spell, like shit that would let him jump through walls and every other obstacle. I left when they released Ao-shin I mean I didn't even play him but I just hated to see so many fucking characters able to jump through the jungle or the lanes. Then I kept checking on champs release from time to time and they ALL had another fuckhuge mobility spell.

Also, I remember the whole controversy around some desert-girl character because the designer was some cuck feminist who literally believe that pretty women were a bad thing, so the guy revealed that upon finishing her design, he added an extremely ugly nose to her to make her visually unappealing just because.

The guy was like the lead art director and everything and during that time all the fan service got cut off and complaints got so high they literally fired him because the game was no longer being sexy
>>
because even if i do the best on the team and play perfect, we still lose, im punished with -20 LP because 1 or 2 idiots doesnt know how to play the game.
>>
File: 1484109442371.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484109442371.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
>New Urgot is literally a low quality ripoff of Bane
>>
File: Bane.jpg (7KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
7KB, 300x225px
>>383620030
I love it
>>
>>383620030
BANE?
>>
League community is so retarded. Especially people who play top and jungle and then rage at the rest of the team the whole time.
>>
>>383620143
I play top and tend to give encouragement instead.
Am I also a problem?
>>
File: taliyah.png (533KB, 1121x597px) Image search: [Google]
taliyah.png
533KB, 1121x597px
>>383619974
The whole Taliyah episode was fucking gold
>>
>>383619974
That's Daniel Z Klein and he still works at Riot Games. He's also in a polyamorous relationship with a tranny(used to go by ArchivistBecks) who's a complete nutcase as well I believe
>>
>>383620267
>he still works at Riot Games
Is he still in a position to make bitches ugly?
>>
>>383609293
i wasted 4 years on this game and i'm still silver

so I just gave up on the game
>>
>>383620223
No, I'm just talking about when there's usually some negative person on the team berating everyone, it's usually someone who only tops/jungs and thinks their performance determines the outcome of the game.
>>
>>383619974
The newest character can walk through walls.
Several of them at a time actually. Even the ones on the borders of the map.
>>
>>383619974
i would still fuck the shit out of that ugly sandnigger and paint her eyebrows white tho
>>
>>383619258
Yeah but I hate his new personality. He's a conniving, quipping mastermind now. He acts like he's a second Swain. I liked him better as a half-dead asshole who just wants people to die and is in constant pain. He used to be a monster. Now he's some mediocre boss with shitty anarchist goals to give him a "motivation"
>>
>>383620329
I hope not. I don't play League anymore so I barely know this but anyway, he's a loony
>>
>>383620506
I agree and disagree. His old personality really had nothing, he was just a generic goon. But the new one is kinda generic, so it really is pick your poison. I like some of his lines though.
I must admit, I always had a thing for LEGS
>>
>Play ADC
>Supp goes 5/7/11
>Play Supp
>ADC goes 5/7/11

Only fun the game has is playing with friends because you don't have potatoes on your team.
>>
I already played thousands of hours of it. Don't know about you guys, but I can't play the same videogame forever.
>>
It got less fun and I didn't like when they completely change champion move sets. For example Sion. Just make a new champ...
>>
>>383620138
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/5/57/Abys_rival_20.mp3
>>
File: 1496331736956.png (177KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
1496331736956.png
177KB, 500x524px
>>383620242
Taliyah is a prime example of Riot hiring some skilless bitch because they have a quota to fill.
>>
Lee - vayne - tresh - yasuo -Syndra simulator

idk about Dota but champion diversity is retarded in this game

also
>playing yi
>most new champions can outspeed his ultimate or dash through walls
>new champ can even move through the entire jungle
>mfw bringing a rusty knife in a gun fight
>>
>>383620756
>main ADC because fun to just run around shooting everyone
>support sits in bush all lane phase blaming me for losing lane
>jungle has no idea where to go or how to gank

said fuckit, dont care about winning anymore and just became a Lee Sin main because fun
>>
File: IMG_1386.jpg (978KB, 3456x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1386.jpg
978KB, 3456x1944px
>>383609293

Why aren't you playing Paragon instead? It has actual graphics.

I can't imagine why anyone would play clicker MOBA trash in a world where Paragon exists.
>>
>>383620542
>he's a loony
Yeah I gathered that from the whole 'make a character ugly as a statement,' thing, as well as the polyamorous tranny relationship.
>>
>>383609293
My friends turn into huge assholes when playing this game. I like more relaxed multiplayer environments, like Battlefield.
>>
>>383621156
KILL
YOUR
SELF
Little things anger me as much as the fact that due to G's autistic shitposting Paragon's name has been tainted forever and we can never ever have a serious thread about it on /v/. At least the general has finally kicked off nicely.
>>
File: 1481608894896.png (3MB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1481608894896.png
3MB, 1280x2880px
I quit after Season 3. The meta was boring even then, and Riot going to greater and greater lengths to enforce it and turn it into the only way to play the game was a huge red flag that the game was going to turn into a boring piece of shit with a somehow even more cancerous playerbase. I was not wrong, and I'm glad I got out and wiped my hands clean of the genre when I did.
>>
File: gnar_by_tsubukisan-d88qkq1.png (338KB, 611x661px) Image search: [Google]
gnar_by_tsubukisan-d88qkq1.png
338KB, 611x661px
i still play it constantly and wont stop gnar maining is just so much fun
>>
>>383615349
The thing about Flash is that it's used as a shitty bandaid to ensure Riot doesn't actually have to give non mobile characters the power they actually deserve to compete with mobile characters, because lower skill players are bad at positioning and thus "fast but weak" characters would be bad at lower tiers.

Look at how they constantly nerfed Darius back in the day and even stealth nerfed him in spite of seeing little pro play.
>>
>>383620267
I think he's no longer the art/character director

>>383620429
No fucking way, really?

I saw the Talon rework announcement, how he was able to jump through every wall, the jump itself had no cooldown, instead the walls did. I immediately said to myself "this is absolutely fucking retarded and will lead to this guy never being able to get killed" and lo and behold the entire community even the pros started saying how fucking hard it was to kill the guy because he kept jumping through all the walls with no restriction.

Like how did they even think that would be a good idea?
>>
But i do still play
D4 and climbing
>>
>>383621956
yet hes never used in pro player or high elo games.

i want bronze players to leave
>>
>>383622164
Because there's already a hard coded meta of ridiculously overpowered characters. Talon having a retarded crazy good escape isn't a strong enough reason for him to replace guys like Lee or Leblanc, that doesn't mean that his escape doesn't suffer from design issues
>>
>>383609293
Updates gradually sterilised the gameplay and made it bland and boring. The hiatus in new champion releases was the last straw for me. Didn't like the graphics update either.
>>
File: 72a5f574723df1cbfff03bf10cff08c1.jpg (266KB, 800x1098px) Image search: [Google]
72a5f574723df1cbfff03bf10cff08c1.jpg
266KB, 800x1098px
It's the players, honestly.

I actually enjoy playing this game, it's one of the few mobas I was able to get into, but there's just so much toxicity EVERYWHERE. Any time something goes wrong the whole team starts shitting themselves and screaming and crying at each other. No one ever blames themselves, it's always "u play cheap champ no fair" or "jg never gank gg"

I try to mediate as best as I can, I honestly stay really positive, but at a certain point I'm done babysitting my team and I have to mute all of them.

I just cant play this game any more. The players ruined it for me. Which really fucking sucks cause I love League's art style it's got the best waifus, and they release new content constantly
>>
>>383609642
i got permad solely because my name was transnegro and someone got mad. i wasnt feeding or anything either, i was leveling a new account and dominating shitties
>>
because I quit this garbage for dota 6 years ago
>>
File: mobile legends.jpg (60KB, 650x374px) Image search: [Google]
mobile legends.jpg
60KB, 650x374px
Not playing the superior version.
>>
>>383623216
Back when I played I muted literally everyone for most of s2/3.
It got to the point where I recognized who I had played with already by seeing that they were previously muted. Made it easier to solocarry.

Regardless, I quit when they nerfed/removed deathfire grasp. That item was the only thing that made the game fun for me and I can't get back into it with the Armor pen and jungle changes.
>>
>>383622164
>he lets lcs and high elo define how to play
You are the reason of why I started maining taric ap so you fags bitched so much about him that it led to subsecuent nerfs and eventual rework of him.
>>
>>383623216
i bask in the toxicity and just out toxcin them when that retarded shit starts happening. its the only fun left to have in the game when that starts happening. just start using shitty ur mom jokes, mentioning their kda, subtle trolling afk shoving lane til i get 2v1'd then blaming whoevers talking the most shit and constantly bringing up the ff vote lol.

i never start it tho, and if i messed up i wont troll, but if someone starts sperging out and blaming me for some dumb shit its basically gg lol
>>
>>383624524
nah im the guy who was adc but said fuckit because sperg teams, so i just main lee sin now cus hes the most fun to me lol. i guess hes meta tho so that counts
>>
File: 15910eba42d3bc7c36fa764e0897a6b1.jpg (867KB, 1029x1500px) Image search: [Google]
15910eba42d3bc7c36fa764e0897a6b1.jpg
867KB, 1029x1500px
>>383624223
That's the only way to have fun in this game. I get that you want to win, but what's the point of even playing if you don't, y'know, enjoy playing the game? As soon as adc feeds a couple or kills or the enemy gets first blood your team turns into a bunch of chimpanzees flinging shit at each other

Every game is an opportunity to learn and get better, even if you lose. I wish more people understood that

I guess I'm lucky because I was forced to learn that lesson. My best friend is DSP-tier when it comes to blaming the game and not himself. He actually kicked me out of my house once cause i kept beating him with Charizard in Smash 4. Said I could "come back when I stop playing the cheapest character in the game"
>>
>>383609293
Because my connection is flaky and I don't want to get banned for dcing. Is there a way to get priority on bandwidth or something?
>>
If you're going to spend hundreds of hours learning the game then you might as well play the one with more depth and skill reward (Dota)

I seriously don't understand what's the point in wasting so much time just learning the watered down casual version of the genre, that already takes massive amounts of hours to learn
>>
File: 1497762873520.jpg (171KB, 862x575px) Image search: [Google]
1497762873520.jpg
171KB, 862x575px
I wanted to quit anyways, but hiring this asshole and Anthony fucking Burch is what put the final nail in the coffin for me into this shit game.
>>
>>383624809
>If you're going to spend hundreds of hours learning the game then you might as well play the one with more depth and skill reward (not assfaggots)

Same can be said about DotA and any moba. Play a real game or kill yourself, dotard. You are no better than the league babbies.
>>
>>383624809
> play the one with more depth and skill reward (Dota)

typical dota babby

come back when you learn how to play Starcraft, a real man's game
>>
File: IMG_9433.jpg (187KB, 640x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9433.jpg
187KB, 640x1003px
>>383623864
*litigates your path*
>>
>>383624940
>cannot buy a game cuz some mental ill idiot works on it

holy shit you are even more mentally ill then him its just a videogames you couldnt care less who the fuck made it even if it was hitler come on

but if hitler made a game i think everybody would want to play it so that might sound a little stupid sorry
>>
>>383625151
you sound mad
>>383625202
>game dominated by gooks
Look at dota and see how bad the Koreans are at it. Drones cant into actual teamwork, that's why they're successful at LoL and Starcraft
>>
>>383625287
arent there a shitton of knockoffs? like the one with the anime figures and shrek in it that literally looks like LoL
>>
>>383625307
Fuck off Anthony, go get cucked by your wife or something.
>>
>>383625202
>starcraft
lol
>>
>>383625439
Koreans just refuse to play shit games. No big korean team even ever tried at doturd.
>>
>>383625287
*Switches back to china*
But seriously I am not memeing. That mobile moba is better if you're a casual moba player. Games are only 10-15 minutes, heroes are easy to learn, mechanics are easy to learn and such. Short games means you will not be bothered by shit teammates like you wasted 1 hour of your life and there's no chat/troll because mobile.

And what I mean by casual, you don't care about being an eceleb/proplayer.
>>
>>383625569
Are you seriously this retarded? They've had many famous teams try out but they all gave up because not a single one can qualify for a major or TI

You really have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>383625474
to be honest whats so bad about being anthony burch? he seems like an honest good looking fella with a nice hearty wife who only sometimes goes to visit her friend daniel during the weekends but whats so bad about your wife visiting your best black friend during the weekend? every week? totaly nothing because my...err his wife is her own person who can do anything she wants

but of course a fat keyboard warrior like you would never understand what REAL love is

being able to trust the person you love and knowing she trusts you aswell

its why anthony burch loves to go on ladys nights!! specially during the satur and sunday!!! he pretty much has alot of freetime and likes to have a call from anyone who just has some time! he wouldnt mind at all if someone just called him to spend some time with him! what a good person!!!!
>>
>>383625510
what's wrong with starcraft? I see people shit on it all the time here but I play every day and I love it
>>
>>383625796
Copypasta.
>>
File: 1490581441352.jpg (98KB, 830x770px) Image search: [Google]
1490581441352.jpg
98KB, 830x770px
>>383625702
Whatever makes you sleep at night, valve drone
>>
What happened to that IronStylus guy
he was pretty alright I remember
>>
>>383625838
Casuals who got triggered that the game was too hard for them so they make up excuses for why they don't play it to not admit that the reason they hate it is because they only want easy casual games that don't require you to micro more than 1 unit.
>>
>>383625838
The entire game is about APM and build order, no real strategy. You can lose the entire game just by building your spawning pool a millisecond late, it's all the same shit every game with the same min/max shit and same build orders
>>
>>383625881
dude fuck off i just wrote that myself you fucking faggot

go check if you wont believe me you fucking retard? is that what i get by trying to write atleast something original on here just to make a fat fuck who rages about League happy for a few seconds of your life? would you want your dick sucked aswell mr. king?! you fucking nigger better shut the fucking hell up before youll be messing with the wrong persons and shit
>>
>>383609293
They've reworked and then nerfed every character that I enjoyed playing, except for Jhin. I'm not going to play a game like League, if there's only one choice that I find fun.
>>
>>383625569
koreans literally only play shitty games and they are incapable of making a good game.
>>
>>383625909
nice retort
>>
File: 1440445279155.gif (197KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1440445279155.gif
197KB, 600x338px
>>383626162
>this is what doturds actually believe
>>
>>383626074
m-muh micro
>>
>>383626275
>games kuckreans play
>overwatch
>blade and soul
>league
>starcraft
>black desert
all garbage
>>
>>383626098
Well yeah, when I play a 1v1 game I always get destroyed cause im not fast enough.

But I play the campaign and hella co-op missions with my two friends and we always have a blast. Each mission requires you to build different shit, it's not the same thing every time
>>
>>383626534
All of them are better than Doturd by a long shot. Except League maybe.
>>
>>383609293
Dota 2 is just better in every way.
>>
>>383614369
Well if you're team is shit, I do agree that some people need to be toned down snowballing out of control but if your team needs to use all their ults and cc on one guy, your team is fucking garbage
>>
>>383626679
t. brainlet scfag mad about his dead game
>>
>>383625453
Psy-ops 5 dimensions chess marketing strat. Tencent is the controlling shareholder of Riot. They have a similar mobile moba called 王者荣耀 and it's the most popular mobile game in China and is only available in China.

Tencent recently made a game called Strike of Kings which is their attempt to get into the global mobile moba market but they've only released it in a few countries and it is struggling. Mobile Legends is one of the top growing played mobile mobas globally. They can hit Mobile Legends with a lawsuit to get it pulled permanently from the stores or atleast temporarily and a smear job to help with the release of Strike of Kings.

There are 5v5 mobile mobas similar to LoL (Heroes Evolved, Heroes Arena, Moba Legends, Ace of Arenas and etc.)
Mobile Legends is just an easy target and on of the bigger fish in terms of playerbase.

Don't care either way since they're neat to play occasionally but I think it's hilarious if this case has an immediate affect because the people who payed for the $100+ and $200+ skins in this game
>>
>>383626783
>everyone who doesn't play my shitty game plays this other game I dont like

Again, whatever helps you sleep at night, dotard.
>>
>>383616982
I used to lurk /r/4chan before i came to /v/ and it's mostly /pol/ stuff that gets posted over there, not too much from /v/, and i think the people on /v/ are fully capable of ruining their own threads
>>
>>383625151
>Same can be said about DotA
No, you really can't. There are enough similarities and analogous systems and mechanics between Dota and LoL that you can accurately call LoL a watered down version of Dota. You cannot do the same between Starcraft/Warcraft and Dota.

Also every genre has shitty games and good games.

>>383626098
That's bullshit dude. Also, having execution matter doesn't mean strategy is absent.
>>
>>383626983
only SCtards shit up moba threads
>>
>>383627420
>only X player hate my shitty genre

Of course.
>>
>>383609293
The game is too simplistic. You farm until you can deathball and hope your team can mash abilities in the right order.

I play primarily play HotS now. Much more forgiving and the minigames are fun.
>>
Same reason I dont play any competitive MP games anymore

Its just a waste of time. Never gonna be the best, never gonna be the worst, not gonna waste hours upon hours doing the same shit, teamed up with retards, barely enjoying myself.
>>
>>383609293
>Why don't you play League of Legends anymore?

I do occasionally with friends, and the only reason it's fun is because we act like tards the entire time. It' surprisingly hilarious to win a game against a team religiously following the meta with a team that has a adc nunu and a support cho'gath.
>>
>>383609293
I took a break for a few months, and started playing more fighting games and RTS with my group of people.
League just feels so slow now. I could be wrong though, never got higher than plat 3, so I'm not all that great at it.
>>
>>383627613
you can devolve any genre to these shitty descriptions though

>strategy games are just about building buildings and training guys to throw at the enemy until one of you wins

>shooters are just point the gun at the guy before he points the gun at you

>dwarf fortress is just about keeping dwarves alive.

not saying league is a good game, it's shit for plenty of reason, just not because of these shitty descriptions
>>
File: short2.png (435KB, 1020x574px) Image search: [Google]
short2.png
435KB, 1020x574px
>>383609293
I'm taking a short break.
>>
>>383609293
Got a problem and their only solution was "shit happens".
>>
>>383628862
what was your problem?
>>
>>383627960
Not really. Strategy, FPS and civ simulators have layers of depth outside of what you described. LoL literally has a single gameplay phase transition per match with most meaningful decision making happening before the game starts.
>>
>>383626098
i only started hearing people complain about that when SC2 started dying. is this why people still play broodwar?

>>383626162
mxm is actually pretty cool 2bh
>>
>>383626534
>muh opinion

in the trash
>>
>>383618609
show the chat log
>>
>>383629812
if league is still anything like dota only shitters think that draft is the most important part of the game.
>>
One thing I still dont understand about the game is how people handle the autistic levels of repetition and shitty IP gains. Why the fuck am I barely making 50 IP on losses? I swear you used to get atleast 100ish on a loss and around 3-400 on a win
>>
>>383609293
I still do, and I act as a noob often by asking questions.

>"omg they killed me for typing to this guy how to play" reee

feels good man
>>
>>383630446
its insane if you average 100 ip on a win thats 63 wins to unlock a new champion just a single one
>>
>>383630217
shut up gook
>>
>>383630719
srry i riled you up
>>
I play with a more experienced friend. Although the community is cancer and full of "mid or I feed" cunts, we normally are doing well enough at bot lane to carry
>>
>>383627641
this is accurate. you're never going to be the best, it's usually about the journey. however i would rather take my ballsack on a journey through broken glass than try to climb the league ladder. the game is just flat out not fun.
>>
File: 1498048070471.png (736KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498048070471.png
736KB, 1024x1024px
Just play hots if you're too retarded for dota
>>
>>383631116
posting lolis wont make me play your shitty game
>>
>>383631273
you already play league.
>>
File: nosound.jpg (539KB, 862x1648px) Image search: [Google]
nosound.jpg
539KB, 862x1648px
>LoL
>>
NO MATTER WHAT ROLE U PLAY, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOME RETARD FEEDING ON THE OTHER ROLE LOSING THE GAME FOR U
>>
>>383609293
Little of column A, little of column B
The average player's mindset went from having fun to winning 24/7, even in normals. A lot of people starting praising streamers and playing their top champs, while flaming you if you pick a ""bad"" champion
Meanwhile, Riot is gutting old characters and completely reworking them. Not that the new versions were bad, most were better, but they should have kept the old kit in some way, maybe not allowed in ranked or something. That alongside with choking out semi-viable side builds (AP Yi, AP Sion, etc) killed the gameplay for me
>>
>>383609293
the community is beyond cancer,I'm just not willing to spend 40mins trying to tolerate the retards in my team,regardless if I'm winning/loosing or just waste 20min waiting to surrender because all that happens 95% of the time

I played it for 5 years the game is completely fine but the community got worse,my friends started moving on and so did I
dota 2 isn't much different,tried it
>>
I play Smite because it sort of reminds me of WoW PVP.
>>
Got tired after years. Also, that shit ruined my life. It was like a drug. Glad i'm free and only play casually.

online games i only play now are overwatch and paladins.
>>
>>383634530
How is palladians?
>>
>>383609293
They ruined Maokai.
>>
>>383633597
you might wanna give hots a try
games never go longer than 20 minutes unless they're super close, and you spend less time farming and more time skirmishing
>>
>>383635908
Better than overmeme
>>
>>383636167
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but it is free right? I think I'll download it then.
>>
>>383633119
>The average player's mindset went from having fun to winning 24/7, even in normals.

Ranked should always be 100% focused on winning and using whatever tools at your disposal in the most effective way possible. Normals is for the fun and quirky builds/champs. I get a tryhard in one out of every 10 normal games or so otherwise no one gives a shit; just mute the guy being an idiot.

If you bring that shit into ranked though you deserve all the flaming that comes your way. Ranked is for people autistically hellbent on winning at any cost, the mode is just designed with that in mind. That's like ignoring the flag in a CTF mode and focusing on your K/D and complaining about getting yelled at for not playing the objective.

I get your point but I hate people that say "HURR DURR MUH FUN" about a mode specifically designed for "no fun allowed" builds/champs.
>>
>>383609293
Played it until I and the friends I played with got dota 2 keys and rarely returned. Stopped playing dota 3 years ago as well
>>
>>383609293
i was only into ARAM, but got bored with the randomness. felt like it didn't matter how i played, win or lose was 50/50.
>>
>>383636440
I probably played less than 20 ranked games in my 5 years of playing league
Maybe things have changed since I left, but people would flame you for picking non fotm champs in normals
I agree ranked should 100% serious and for the win, but that doesn't mean that someone will do better with this month's OP champ that they aren't comfortable with vs sleeper champ that they are very good at
>>
>>383625995
>What happened to that IronStylus guy
>he was pretty alright I remember

>IronStylus
>Ever good

Hell fucking no. That's the faggot that led to a lot of the lame champ visual designs like Quinn and the shitty Fiora rework and the absolutely retarded presence he had on the forums before they moved them. Had an autistic following and people used to post all sorts of stupid cringe shit whenever he came into a thread.
>>
>>383636761
>i was only into ARAM, but got bored with the randomness

I used to play an ARAM game as a warmup before ranked but just got tired of playing against the same champs over and over again. It was becoming clear a lot of people were making ARAM accounts and getting nothing but poke. Shit like Jayce and Xerath were in every single game and made for really boring and frustrating games. That or half the time my team would be entirely melee vs 3-4 ranged and we would just sit there under the tower getting poked down for 15 min.

Riot really should've turned the mode into a pseudo test mode that unlocked every champ and skin so it truly was random all around.
>>
>>383637368
this
ARAM dedicated accounts are cancer, takes the R out of ARAM
>>
>>383636805
I really haven't played that many normals in a while, play ranked 99% of the time with an occasional ARAM but usually my normals were pretty quiet and people just autolocked stuff and stayed silent the rest of the game. I don't mind off-meta picks at all, I encourage them if you have a lot of games on them. When I get mad is when I look up someone and they have like 3 games on a shitty champ with shitty builds and haven't won a single game in a impactful role like jungle or mid.

I'll take an autistic Teemo one-trick over a first time Skarner jungler any day. Some champs are just straight up mechanically flawed on a fundamental level and do not do well 80% of the time regardless of player skill. You have to be a damn good Karthus player to really carry a game but at that point why not just play someone else if you want to climb? If you just play Karthus because he's fun then stick to normals.
>>
>>383609293
Used to play it in high school, now I have better things to do with my limited time than spend 45 minutes chained to nine screaming retards.
>>
File: Slark.png (510KB, 676x695px) Image search: [Google]
Slark.png
510KB, 676x695px
>>383609293

I actually started playing again because it's much less frustrating to soloqueue in LoL compared to Dota, and I have normie friends at work/school to play with.
I vastly prefer Dota 2 as a game, but I just don't have people to play with, and the people I used to play with are insufferable faggots.
>>
>>383613171
>being confused over how a board full of racists got banned from a video game run by SJWs
>>
File: e0987be11faed2d9104aa9e305987fa3.jpg (284KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
e0987be11faed2d9104aa9e305987fa3.jpg
284KB, 800x1155px
I sometimes log back in to play some custom games and to jerk off to Katarina, Janna, and Elise
>>
>>383610171
>praising hitler call everyone nigger muslim hate etc.
If Riot would ban everyone doing that, there would be no League players left.
Play out of Meta. This is what got me banned.
>>
File: 1478125664641.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478125664641.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
Gitting gud at other, more rewarding genres like RTS and Fightan made this game and similar ones feel kind of boring.

That and I'm not the kind of guy who can play one multiplayer game forever. After awhile I need to move on.
>>
>>383636761
>have over 2k games played this season
>exactly a 49% winrate

its bullshit
>>
>>383609293
Because I realized I hated assfaggots and mobashit.
Also to whoever told me years ago on /v/ that they didn't force a top/mid/2 bot/jungler meta can go fuck themselves. Yeah bring up a """"pro"""" game where they mix it up. We all know if it actually caught on Riot would've done some shit to make it unviable
>>
>>383616982
I use /r/4chan is a matrix to figure out how reddit infested a board is.
>>
>>383639591
>omg counterstrike forces a m4 vs ak meta wtf
>wtf people all want to play the most efficient highest win rate methods fuck this game

u guys are contrarian faggots
>>
This thread is half acceptable reasons and half mad cuz bad. That's actually better than I would have expected from /v/ because I know this board is crawling with mad baddies.
>>
>>383639591
>Yeah bring up a """"pro"""" game where they mix it up

There are/were lane swaps between top and bot to force the first tower but that shit was unbearably boring to watch, and LoL is already a snoozefest as it is.

But yeah Riot made it so that wouldn't happen again. Before that there was the golden age when Targon's was new to the game and you'd have two bruisers in top or bot lane, but then they nerfed that too. I like the meta because I don't like that many champs as it is so being able to just play the champs I like and am good at consistently makes the game more enjoyable and easier to improve at.
>>
>>383609293
the "meta" being enforced because Riot is lazy. they kept steadily nerfing characters to make alternative strategies unviable.
>>
continued nerfing/removing of the fun meme builds that I could make which were the only reason I played it

rip old singed
rip 8000 movementspeed hecarim
rip all AD no AS yi
>>
File: apples_and_breaks.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
apples_and_breaks.gif
1MB, 320x180px
Man this thread got me thinking of the good ol' LoL days of 2011 and 2012. I remember watching JonTron and Dean stream on Dean's Own3d.tv channel and they would rage so fucking hard.

Ahhh, good times, good times...
>>
>>383609293
But I do still play it. It has the strongest meta of any other competitive game, which keeps it about the competition over anything else, and I find competition fun.
>>
>>383609293
Zynga learned it the hard way.
The problem with casuals are that as quick and numerous as they may come, they are also gone the same way when something new is glistening on the horizon.
Overwatch is killing it.
>>
>>383609293
Because I deleted my account cause I never want to play that shitty ass game again

There so many other games that are better than it I can't believe I wasted so much time playing it
>>
>>383609293
not as fun and faggots keep chat banning me for calling others niggers
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (344KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
344KB, 728x546px
>>383609293
could no longer tolerate my overwhelming hatred for the game

riot removed item sets for some fucking retarded god damn reason forcing you to memorize their gay forced meta builds while changing/adding/removing items every patch

loot crates became a thing

new champs being OP until they went on sale for IP and then getting nerfed every god damn time

literally everyone constantly being both a retard and a turbo tryhard at all times

teammate rage quit guarantees loss

general lack of any kind of fun

made me hate all video games in general

one (1) good waifu
>>
Such a fucking waste of time but I still play it. Mainly because its the only game my friend plays and its so easy to just click 'play' without thinking whilst i'm listening to music or something. Should spend
the time on something producitve or at least my backlog
>>
>>383612291
I guess the problem is that from their perspective is that it's abusable with pre-mades (rotating dodges to save ELO or whatever) and that 1 person being afk in a team of five is a different dynamic then 1 person leaving in a team of two or three.

I 100% sympathize with being trapped in a game with a retard or afk. Truly the worst part of MOBAs.
>>
I found myself not having fun in the latest patches.

Everything seems so bloated and counter intuitive. Everyone knows exact numbers and bizarre crannies of the game and exploit them in strange ways. One fuckup from a teammate or yours can mean game over early BUT you have to play for another 40 mins. The game itself is very slow and not very fun after you've tried everything and start to realize the engine limitations and how every champion is designed around those limitations.
>>
>>383609293
Mechanically uninteresting. Got sick of wins depending on corralling retarded tweens.

Started playing fighting games and never looked back.
>>
>go teemo mid
>curbstomp everyone because ttryhards always go zed/yas mid
lul
>>
>>383642314
>Everyone knows exact numbers and bizarre crannies of the game and exploit them in strange ways

This is precisely why I haven't jumped shit to DOTA 2 or something similar. I don't want to spend all that time learning a new game. I don't have the same patience I did back when LoL was first available and just get really irritated when trying to learn new multiplayer games and have to play against veterans. Just too old for that shit these days.

Mix of sunk-cost fallacy and laziness. Once I quit LoL I will probably never seriously play any other multiplayer game again. Doesn't help that whenever a new one comes out my group of friends always hypes it up and plays the shit out of it for like 2 months then drop it forever. Got tired of the process and just stopped buying games with them and have found things a lot more enjoyable. Stuck with LoL just because it can be pretty fun solo and there are some great moments when you legitimately carry a team through pure skill and that usually keeps me coming back.

I took a break back in Feb and just came back in the last week or so. Play a lot of ADC with Jhin being my favorite. Quit almost entirely last season due to the whole dynamic queue debacle and Riot's stubborn defense of it and blatantly lying to us about solo queue coming back. Pretty much didn't play at all last year.
>>
>>383609293
Competitive/esports ruined the experience. There used to be a lot of fun, viable builds you could play around with but they changed a lot of items to suit their meta.
>>
>>383609293
I quit once I realized I had more fun trying to get myself banned than actually playing the game.
>>
>>383630224
dont have that trash game installed anymore and I sure as hell am not going to download it again. Its basically what I just said but over like 25 min
>>
All the characters I enjoyed got reworked into having different kits.
>>
File: 1401804197789.jpg (247KB, 856x960px) Image search: [Google]
1401804197789.jpg
247KB, 856x960px
Everyone on the community agrees League is more balanced than ever. I do still play and I'm waiting on Kayn because he looks fun to play with his transformation gimmick
>>
>>383609293
Because I honestly didn't enjoy it when I first tried it out. Only reason I gave it a try was because all my high school friends who were into vidya were playing it. And I played it with them and was bored. And my friends were always fighting over petty shit during our sessions in this game. Any other game, they were actually enjoying themselves and not fighting. I just don't understand the appeal of MOBAs and assfaggots whatsoever.
>>
File: rutger hauer.jpg (55KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
rutger hauer.jpg
55KB, 500x680px
This is Narcissux the Edgemaster. He's a burst assassin with tankiness that also can jungle. His passive is Stacks of Hate, and everytime he does Q, he places a stack on you.
Q is Let it Ripp, a wide area blow where he uses his double scythe to spin around 3 times, each time placing a Stack.
Second W ability is Feel my Anger, which Narcissux channels his inner dark thoughts and feelings and detonates each stack around him, dealing massive damage.

Next one is his E called Self Loathe, where he gains a massive speed attack bonus and also can apply Stacks of Hate everytime he auto attacks and also makes him deal True Damage.

His Ultimate ability is Bottled Up Inside, like the Korn song, where he lets out a scream and everyone that has a Stack of Hatred around him suffers his agony and loses a % of Narcissux AD/AP and he heals himself for that amount. Since his hatred is unending, he can also deny that heal by tapping R a second time and reflect it for another bonus damage.

"Nobody understands me but the edge of my twin bladed scythes." - Narcissux after killing his father.
>>
>>383646430
>Aatrox rework

Fucking faggot Rioters he was my favorite champion.
>>
>>383646810
why was that your favorite champion
>>
Playing League of Legends makes you toxic, prove me wrong.
>>
>>383647604
not him but being able to solo dragon before recalling on first clear was pretty awesome
that is, if the enemy support is braindead and doesn't ward
>>
>look at new champ
>great more mobilty exactly what this game needed
fuck this powercreep that eventally just make older champs trash
Fuck these reworks that make unique champs generic as fuck, galio used to be super unique now he is just another capefag
the assain rework made rengar op then trash, and mad lb even more unbalanced even though i prefer the old one.
>>
>>383650529
>fuck this powercreep that eventally just make older champs trash
But tons of older champs are viable. Gragas, Ashe, Jarvan, and Ezreal see tons of play in pro games.
>>
I still am having some fun playing support sion with my friends. The urgot rework looks interesting and I'll try him when it happens.
>>
>>383609293
Design choices. These other fucks must be on prison island or something because it's very rare I get total cunts in my games these days. I have a bigger issue with every new champ needing a million passives and walls becoming more of a suggestion than an actual obstacle at this point.
>>
I miss dumpstering people with full HP + titanic hydra Tahm Kench
4 shotting everyone was fun as heck
>>
File: 1478215815911.jpg (162KB, 621x477px) Image search: [Google]
1478215815911.jpg
162KB, 621x477px
>>383609642
>tfw got suspended for saying "gook detected" in a game after someone started typing in a Asian language
>>
I played the game only for Sivir but then I realized she was shit so I lost interest, might come back if she gets buffed or something though
>>
>>383625641
The only people that play that garbage are Flips or are monkeys pretending to be not flips.
>>
>>383652214
>tfw i dont even care i just report people when they say stuff like that because its funny and troll how easily they get punished

lol
>>
>>383638862
>katarina janna and elise
top tier taste
>>
I hadn't liked a new champ since Lucian, and reworks kept fucking up champs I did like (Malz and Taric were the big ones)

I hear it's gotten worse. I miss it, but I'm never going to like playing it again
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.