[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT shit in videogames that instantly tell other people you are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: Dragunov T7.jpg (39KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dragunov T7.jpg
39KB, 768x960px
ITT shit in videogames that instantly tell other people you are a tryhard tierwhore.
I alwasy wanted to believe that fighting game players had more pride but T7 cushed that dream.
>>
git gud bitchbaby
>>
Its so nice to be not shit at fightan
>>
>>383589723
>>383590049
Already found the Dragunov mains.
Not that im surprised since there are so many of you.
How do you sleep at night knowing full well all you are gonna do when you wake up is spam running 2 until the other guy get's tired of being in constant blockstun?
>>
>>383590483
learn your character
>>
I played mostly as Marth and Fox in Melee, but I swear I never looked at tier lists. Perhaps I subcounsciously noticed they responded better to controls, since the game had imbalance, but I abhor tiers. Beware when accusing others of tier-whoring.
>>
File: 1437330260227.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1437330260227.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>383590570
>People can not stop bitching about Pauls Deathfist because of the retarded damage and blockstun it puts people in
>B-b-but Dragunovs running 2 that launches on counterhit and is plus +6 on block is fine guys!
>>
Scrub.

Good lord, I'll never understand tiny children who bitch about characters in fighting games. You are 100% capable of picking Drag on the character select screen, too, or even a better character. And he's not even that great, he just shits on you if you don't know the matchup.

Is this how you handle single player games? When you lose, do you find out what a boss does, learn when it has openkngs and how to avoid it's attacks? Or do you just continue mashing your face into the controller and hope for the best?

I tend to play bad characters in most fighters (luckily King is good in this one) but I don't fucking blame my opponent for my character pick. As long as you're looking at a character as unfair and not as what you have to overcome, fair or not, you are going to forever remain a shitter.

tl;dr git fucking gud
>>
>>383591138
>I'm blue rank
nice
>>
>>383591138

>retarded blockstun

It's fucking -17
>>
>>383591184
>>383591246
Explain to me why everyone and their mother is playing him then?
Surely there must be a sound reason to picking him that isn't just for free wins.
>>
>>383591371
because he's
>always been popular to begin with
>is simple to learn
>is an easy character to smash scrubs like you with
>>
File: 1470845176091.jpg (697KB, 1131x923px) Image search: [Google]
1470845176091.jpg
697KB, 1131x923px
>>383589634
I picked up Drag because I love moves that link into grabs and his grabs are great
I picked up Bryan because he has a lot of fun moves to throw about like b1, ff2 and d/f1 series
I picked up Feng because I like his Kenpo stances

None of my decisions were influenced by tier lists
>>
>>383591371

Because he wrecks scrubs who go to /v/ to bitch about characters instead of going to training mode to git gud.
>>
File: wr2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wr2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383589634
was that so hard?
>>
>>383589634
Yeah Dragunov has always been the designated tierwhore character but nothing that you can't fix by gitting gud. Or by memeing them.
>>
how about you learn to play the game, you utter bitch?
>>
>>383590483
faggot I've mained Kazuya since the 90's before your stupid ass was even born
you just suck ass at the game. git gud
>>
It tells,me two things

>Guy playing him is a JDCR fanboy e sport wannabe
>Nigger edgelord who just spams sweeping kick
>>
File: dog intimidation.jpg (78KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
dog intimidation.jpg
78KB, 800x534px
>>383591152
Nothing of that speech invalidates one's contempt for unbalanced characters.
One may not want to pick the unbalanced character for many reasons, including his overpower. And unbalance may lead to more boring multiplayer fights, as players will pick the overpower char more often.
I agree with you in that one should focus more on what he can do with his character, but an imbalance may turn challenges more boring with excessive or inadequate hardship. Extrapolating, think of these fightan tournaments where players just compete with who will use the infinite combo first with a bored expression while the other player waits the losing message with an equally bored face. There are games I couldn't like in the past because of that, as either winning or losing was more of a bother. As an even worse example, think of how uninteresting is to fight those deliberately overpowered Mugen characters that cover the scream and stunlock with infinite attacks.
>>
>>383592216
except tekken's tier list is tight as fuck and he's barely unbalanced at all

it's not as if the tiers would make a difference anyway considering you're 100% blue rank, character is a non-issue
>>
>>383592216

That would all be well and good if Drag was some sort of untouchable S tier, but he's fucking not. Bitch does nothing but keep your ass a scrub. Stop thinking about balance you have no control over and start thinking about what you can do, or just drop the fucking game.
>>
>>383589634
S I D E
T
E
P
>>
>>383592535
>>383592725
You got it wrong, I'm not OP. Just a rambler going about tiers and imbalances, which seems like the thread's point.
I wonder about how much a game could be well balanced, to the point there was no tiers, let alone overpowered characters.

To this, every possible frame would have to be considered. Every possible solution, in that all characters have equal opportunities to win in different ways. But aren't some frames more probable than others, like when both characters are nearer each other in a fightan than when they are at opposite sides of the screen? Granted, even if everything was somehow balanced, I believe players would still elect preferences based on which characters seem easier to handle.

A perfectly balanced game seems possible, but I wonder how it could be worked. In a fightan, at least, characters are nothing more than 2D planes hitting at each other. Thus, calculations may be possible considering char's geometry and damage input.
>>
>>383593527

It's a pipe dream because balance isn't something measured objectively. There will always be a character who is performing better because, say, the community is better at crushing lows than breaking throws, or whatever. Every possible situation cannot be thought of by devs before the game goes into the hands of millions of people who will get creative with it.

The inly way to do it is to give all the characters the exact same strengths and weaknesses which is the most boring shit I ever heard of, no thanks.

T7 is very balanced. Be happy with that.
>>
File: question frog.png (8KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
question frog.png
8KB, 231x218px
>Leo main
>Expect to get lots of rage
>Never get hatemail and Leo is rarely mentioned in complaint threads
>>
>>383593527

Oh, and different characters will always be better at different levels of play. If you don't jnkw throw breaks, King will shit all over you. If you hit a lot of buttons when you shouldn't, a character with a strong CH game will eat you alive. If you don't know Josie has a stance, you're going to eat a lot of CH Switch 1s
>>
>>383593527
You need to remember that in fighting games a 'tier list' is much more about individual character matchups rather than overall character strength. Obviously if a character is unbalanced he will have better matchups against everyone and thus be higher on the list. But a fighting game is never going to perfectly balanced unless you plan on making a game with one single character
>>
Tell me friends, why is it that tier whores in the opposite direction ie. low tier fags always way more obnoxious than people who pick top tiers. Anytime I beat someone who plays a top tier I get a nice "gg" and that's it, but if you beat a low tier they have to let you know how hard that mu is or some other annoying shit I don't care about.

Are the low tier kids actually the most toxic of the community?
>>
>>383594767
>pick bottom tier
>no pressure to win at all
>rely purely on lack of matchup knowledge to win
>'lol I beat you with bottom tier/lol you only beat me because I'm bottom tier' Option Select
that's why
>>
>>383594767

Schrodinger's Dan

If they beat you with Dan, HOLY SHIT THEY SO GODLIKE THEY BEAT YOU WITH DAN

If they lose, lol of course they did, it was Dan

Low tiers protect their fragile little egos.

I actually tend to play low tiers, because I pick characters based on aesthetics. But I try to be self concious of the fact that no one forced me to play a shit character; I made a game-losing bad play on the character select screen.
>>
>>383589634
be a bigger bitch, op, I dare you to try
>>
>>383589634
I didn't buy Tekken 7, but he's been my main since he was introduced. Am I supposed drop him 'cause he's the best? Literally no other Tekken character appeals to me.
>>
>>383593791

Leo is strong but no one really uses her
>>
File: 1499195391504.png (142KB, 464x414px) Image search: [Google]
1499195391504.png
142KB, 464x414px
>>383590812
Stopped reading at melee
Stop pretending that game is a fightan game
>>
>people actually take Tekken tier lists seriously when it doesn't even matter at low level play a.k.a. 90% of /v/
>>
File: mfw big guys.jpg (60KB, 1018x518px) Image search: [Google]
mfw big guys.jpg
60KB, 1018x518px
>>383594767
Both ends of the spectrum is fucking retarded.
People that exclusivly pick hightiers and is proud of it are just as stupid as lowtier pickers.
Yea dude, you can do that really hard bound combo you're character has, it stopped being impressive when it became his BnB.

Honestly the reason why so many people just play w/e they want anyway is because sooner or later people will have seen all the shit a hightier can do and come up with shit to beat them.
Nash in SFV was the hottest shit in S1 and he was already borderline unsable before the big patch to nerf him rolled around because of how many anti-Nash strads had been made at that point.
>>
Block his low sweep and punish it.
Block his power crush and punish it.
Stop trying to punch him out of his running punch, if he hits you with CH he gets a combo.
STOP trying to mash your way out of his delayable strings. Take some time to learn the game and learn when you can and can't attack.
>>
>>383594767
This is one of the reason I'm glad most of the axed characters are out. Every single one of their mains was a complete obnoxious faggot, Lei mains in particular.
>>
>>383589634
People who use the word tryhard should be shot. I believe the word you're looking for is cheap. When I'm playing something teambased and I call someone out who's fucking up and they're saying 'Woah bro just drunk' and he calls me a tryhard for actually trying, it makes me wish they'd just choke to death one of these days on all the cock they suck.
>>
File: ayy.png (118KB, 429x491px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
118KB, 429x491px
>game comes out
>pick a character to main that I like the playstyle of
>they happen to be a top tier
>>
>>383589634
>complaining about Dragunov
It's called blocking mid anon. I know it's hard to just take your mashing hands off the buttons, but it is possible to block fff2.

>inb4 wow drag main detected.

Sorry, I play Heihachi.
>>
>>383591608
That Dragunov was terrible
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.