[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a Dying Light thread. Just finished up the story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: 16310458098_1d99ff015a_b.jpg (253KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
16310458098_1d99ff015a_b.jpg
253KB, 1024x819px
Let's have a Dying Light thread. Just finished up the story for this game and I actually really liked it. Except for the very end, what the fuck were they thinking with a quick time event final boss? It's the only boss that does this and they could have done so much with the fun mechanics in the game. Was pretty disappointed and angry by their laziness. Other than that the game is beautiful, fun, and cheesy. It's a Resident Evil cheesy kinda good. And holy shit the music is so good, it sometimes sounds like Boards Of Canada, especially in the second city. Excited to play the DLC. What am I in for?
>>
Sorry for not being on-topic but if you replace 'Dying Light' with 'The Evil Within' nearly your entire post also works for me.

The DLC is really fun because of the cars, however you won't be doing as much vertical traversal at all. Luckily the cars keep you entertained until roughly the end of the DLC so I don't really have any complaints. I did play it co-op though.
>>
Just started playing it yesterday
I don't like the story or the characters

I just want to do side missions, kill zombies and explore
>>
>>383581651
>Excited to play the DLC. What am I in for?

the visuals are kind of eh, especially in the sea-side city, it really lacks detail and just looks kind of out of place, considering how good the city looks in the base game

the gameplay, well, aside from the addition of cars, it's mostly the same

also, get ready for some mildly disturbing shit the first time you go inside a cave
>>
>>383581808
It's a drag but once you make it to the second city there's no reason to follow the story anymore if you just want to run, craft, explore, and kill
>>
>>383581808
I thought the same, I wanted to drop the game because the dialogue and story was so bad. But it really picks up after a few hours and gets pretty entertaining.

>>383581803
I thought the same for Evil Within, I love that game so much, can't wait for the sequel. Do you mean jumping on cars for traversing or actually driving the cars?
>>
The game came out when the market was oversaturated with open world Ubisoft formula shit, but I still like it. Dropkicking is insanely fun. The soundtrack's also great.
But then the fucking writers just forgot about the vial that Crane pocketed
>>
>>383581931
I mean the entire DLC area mostly relies on the cars as your primary mode of transportation so you won't be doing as much with any of your mobility stuff on foot.

As I said though, they're really fun to drive and mow down zombies with so it's a neat change of pace.
>>
>>383581997
That's pretty cool, more DLC needs to do that. Throwing out old mechanics and bringing something new.
>>
When the heck's the first part of the free dlc batch dropping?
>>
>>383581651
Also this is the first game I've completed with the Steam Controller and it wasn't bad at all. It was comfy not having to have my arms at my desk and I could just tilt my chair back and play the game. Definitely going to be using it for every single player game from now on.
>>
>>383582246
Why wouldn't you just use a real controller like the XBO one
>>
File: jade clear background.png (487KB, 922x952px) Image search: [Google]
jade clear background.png
487KB, 922x952px
>>383581651
DLC has a better boss fight. Just remember to never give up.
>>
>>383582401
why wouldn't you just use a real controller like the steam controller
>>
>>383581651
>Just finished up the story for this game and I actually really liked it

All oyu had to do was _not_ burn the fucking antizin at the start of the game and none of this shit would've happened.

The game is great, but the story is fucking retarded.
>>
>>383582246
This is a stupid post.
>>
>played through it 3 times
>want to play it even more

Thinking about doing a permadeath run
Mite b cool
>>
Are you me, op?

>>383581808

I honestly liked and enjoyed the development of the story, how Crane changed, how everything spiraled down the shithole, how much of a duce Rais was and how Crane interacted with him.
Also, the idea of slaughtering turckroaches and mudeslimes filled me with joy, kill after dropkick after ram after kill.
But yeah, the ending was bullshit. The entire parkouring part was THIGHT and really builded up the mood... Just to ruin it afterwards.
I would have kept the last part, and fight Rais freely, maybe with some environment interaction to deal phasechanging damage. Welp too bad.

Also, unrelated: the first person model presence was GODLIKE. All the animations felt natural, how you grabbed around, how the camera shifted based on your balancing... We need more games like this.
>>
>>383582401
Because this one is more affordable and has more options that are more comfortable to play with and more accurate than a standard controller could offer. Like gyro aiming and trackball movement. Also has nice haptic feedback.
>>
>>383582564
Nah, I also wanna discuss the controller.
>>
I'm not going too much into it, but I started to appreciate the story a lot more after the DLC
The ending is so wonderfully fucking DARK that it does indeed have some kind of charm to it
>>
>>383582625
I've done this already. This game isn't hard at all.

If you die, it's going to be because you fucked up a jump and weren't quick enough to launch your grappling hook.
>>
I was literally just thinking about this game. People say it sucks if you play it solo but I like it
>>
>>383582632
I really liked crane and rais's interactions as the game went on. I was laughing out loud when crane would cut him off and tell him to shut the fuck up for a second. The animations are also godtier, it's like assassins creed level of fluidity.
>>
>>383582660
>gyro aiming
>haptic feedback

wow, Actually making up words to try prove your point.
>>
>>383582841
Yeah it wasn't that bad honestly. Was better than people constantly leaving or slowing you down because you had to wait for them to open doors for cutscenes. Also fuck the night time invasions, if you don't have the hook it's almost impossible to get away from the enemy zombies, it's bullshit.
>>
>>383582882
Gyro aiming is when you physically move your controller for more precise movements and haptic feedback is when the controller makes subtle vibrations when you do certain actions. Like flicking the touch pad with trackball movement on creates a decelerating click sound that coincides with the movements onscreen. It's nice desu
>>
>>383582246
Kinda wish I had bought one of these during the summer sale.
>>
>>383581972
I assumed Rais pocketed it after capturing Crane and taking his shit under the Pit, only to throw it back to him in the Museum
>>
>>383582527
He's still a GRE good goy at that point and follows his instructions in order to meet Rais, confirm he's Suleyman and locate the file
>>
Werezombie Crane sequel when?
>>
>>383582735
I was thinking of Nightmare difficulty, forgot to mention that
>>
>>383581651
they really, really needed to add more monster variety

I love the game but there is so much to play that it starts to get so fucking old after a whole
>>
>>383583612
There are also two separate nuke endings, no way it's gonna get a direct sequel
>>
>>383583614
the game stops being hard once you get stomp and enhanced dropkick anyway
>>
>>383583710
The ending that features the boss battle and doesn't directly contradict everything Crane has done up to that point is obviously the canon one
>>
>>383583661
If anything trying less to be so realistic would open this game up to more creative avenues. Imagine if it was more than just zombies, other types of creatures would be really cool in a game like this. I feel like the people that make these games lack any vision, this game could have been a lot better if it didn't try to go so deep up it's own ass and just had more fun with the characters, enemies and the environment
>>
>>383581651
Install "I am legion" mod. Imo way better than vanilla. 2 runners become a REAL danger if you are not on high ground. Prices aren't retarded like 40k for a sword. Walkers aslo become a trouble unlike in vanilla.
>>
>>383582841
I liked it better when playing solo.
Other players usually just rush ahead like they're on cocaine and trying to speedrun the game.
>>
I got bored of it pretty fast, it loses all challenge when you realize that everything except the TotallyNotBoomers and big guys can be killed easily with a slide kick a head stomp.
>>
>>383583597
A good goy that's infected himself and only takes one small bottle of antizin.

He was retarded.
>>
>>383582735
>using hook at all
I prefer to have fun. Hook is beyond ez mode.
>>
>>383583959
I prefer hordes of slow zombies. Fuck mutated bullshit.
>>
>no dying light 2
;_;
>>
>>383586365
at least we get a year of free shit, too bad the first thing they show is more dudes with guns
>>
>>383586365
>>383586412
Aren't they making a sequel? Wtf
>>
>>383586601
Sure you're not thinking of Dead Island 2? Which is basically abandonware at this point.
>>
So what was up with the ending of The Following?
Does Crane turn into a volatile and infect a new city? What was up with the Mother having mind powers, and looking infected but keeping a consciousness?
>>
>>383586910

Yes and probably. I think the medicine or whatever she and her group found turned her into a "sentient" volatile, which I guess also gave her telepathic powers?
>>
>>383582841
It's better to run through it solo first honestly. Multiplayer is fun and all but it takes all the challenge away.
>>
>>383581651
Replaying and holy shit I forgot how terrible the combat is in this game. The parkour stuff is GOAT but I cannot kill anything for the life of me, even the stupid shitty walkers are killing me.
>>
Is this game similar to dead island?
>>
>>383588849
Literally git gud. It has a good combat.
>>
>>383589150
Yes but way better.
>>
>>383588849
How? Just run jump kick them, aim at their neck and swing till they die.
>>
>>383588849

"the game has shit combat because im bad at it"

- millenials

The game actually has good combat because a good player can beat it on nightmare without taking damage if they use their tools, environment and movement properly.
>>
>>383588849
At the beginning it does feel really shitty because you run out of stamina so fast and every weapon is shit that breaks in like 10 hits but after you level up it starts becoming more bearable. Usually I hate when games get easier as you level but I feel like it makes sense in the context of this game. The only thing that stays shitty from beginning to end is fighting rais' men in melee combat.
>>
>>383581651
That's not the end, dude, the end is in the DLC.
>>
>>383582632
I hadn't finished the game, but what irks me is like 90% of troubles could've been avoided by Crane simply hiding the Antizen instead of destroying it early on.
>>
>>383591297
Yeah that move was so fucking infuriating.
>>
>>383588849
>even the stupid shitty walkers are killing me.
You are not supposed to fight at start, just run away and use environment.
Late game you can kill everything with your upgraded move sets and cut up with overpowered weapons
>>
>>383589335
>>383590067
I'm inclined to agree with >>383590210 because I don't remember the combat giving me this much grief, but basically everything is taking an absurd amount of hits to die. I once broke all four of my weapons trying to kill ONE walker, and yes, I was aiming for the head. It was actually kind of funny/sad after a while, smashing its head over and over while it somehow managed to continue flailing on the ground. And then its buddies seemingly spawn out of nowhere and lock you into the biting animation even though they're a good two strides from you and you can't maintain your distance because you only have shitty pipe wrenches with shitty range and even if you kick one or two down their buddies will come in for another grab. And then everything else is much faster than you and doesn't stun at all when you hit them and I can only imagine how many hits THEY take to take down.
>>
>>383592136
You're doing something wrong. I played the game through solo and I can't relate to your story at all.
Either you were dumb enough to use trash planks on enemies even though it's obvious the game has a relative level system or you had used all your weapons without repairing them until breaking point.

>And then everything else is much faster than you and doesn't stun at all when you hit them
Are you even talking about the same game? You know, the one where zombies stand around all day, do fucking nothing and are so stupid they literally walk into spiked poles?
>>
>>383590210
>The only thing that stays shitty from beginning to end is fighting rais' men in melee combat.
Ye, they are too strong.
But mostly since they have a move set you dont like blocking, dodgingand even blocking projectiles mid air.
>>
>>383592419
There are other enemies aside from the walkers anon.
>>
>>383592651
Yes, and they're also easy to kill unless you fucking suck.

he also specified "ONE walker", and walkers are generally trash zombies.
>>
>>383592423
Crane can dodge though; don't remember if he can block but I suppose he can.
>>
>>383592423
You can just tank their damage though and kill them in one strike with your overpowered electric poisonous lightning katana.
>>
I really wish they could have made side quests fun or atleast less tedious. Doing anything had no reason but dragging you back and forth across the map.
>>
>>383581808
I played through the entire game exactly like that. I couldn't tell you a thing about the story but I can tell you the gameplay was fun as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_0999.jpg (53KB, 640x966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0999.jpg
53KB, 640x966px
Okay guys, I really LOVE the game, replayed it like tons of times but I can agree with a guy who said combat is shitty previously in the thread.
Not all of it, but shooting is disgusting (and you cant really avoid using guns in skme stlry missions) and late game walkers are just huge damage sponges, with that really shitty gimmick where every time you hit them they do that swipe at you through your hit which makes you stumble and makes fighting them even more fucking annoying.
Sure you got some combat skills to dispose of them quickly, but that shit aint helping much on nightmare since it drains your stamina

offtop, really liked crane as a character, mostly due to his voice
>>
>>383581651
Following was quite good. They do make you re-tread the same parts of the map over and over which gets annoying but it's a good time. You also go straight into volatile hives and it's intense as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzQHLW8zAXg thread theme
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.