[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Face it /v/. We're never getting Half-Life 3 cause

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0441.jpg (64KB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0441.jpg
64KB, 250x315px
Face it /v/. We're never getting Half-Life 3 cause this game fucking bombed
>>
>>383577978
fucking sucked*
>>
DNF was successful and awesome and the only people trying to claim otherwise are pussies and feminists who can't handle it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09kva8wghM

So which version should we have got /v/?
personally I think the unreal engine version looked the best.
>>
We're not getting HL3 because Valve doesn't make games anymore
>>
>>383578885
I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with the content of the game. Still sucked though.
>>
>>383579140
m8 they made The Lab.

stop h8
>>
>duke nukem Forever
- too oldschool for new audience

>Diablo 3
- Casual audience cried too loud and made the endgame too easy without adding any content for 2 years(thankfully we have path of exile instead)

>No mans sky
- a very anticipated coop game with 90858345E69 solarsystems but no multiplayer on launch

>Mass effect Andromeda
- EA Curse + bugs

im happy half life 3 is not gonna be a thing because the expectations are enormous and disappointments will be even bigger than any of the other games.
>>
>rewatch predator and play half-life 1
oh lets put an invisible enemy in the game, we'll make up some cool effect for the visuals, it will be cool
(game looks good)
>rewatch indiana jones 2 and play half-life 1
neat, lets put a whole section in the game in an american desert mine and you being in a mine cart! COOL
(game looks good)
>rewatch terminator 2
oh wow this cyborg chasing the car is pretty cool, lets put this in the game, wont this be cool?
(game looks good)
>play half-life 2
wooow look at these cool gunships and these cooler puzzle physics!!
(game looks good)
>play new gen call of duty game
so cool, lets put this regenerating thing in our game, yeah!
(game still looks good)

>pitchford gets hands on game
lets make it badass!
(game fucking sucks)
>>
>>383579260

Valve is known for taking care of every single detail in their games. There is no way Half-Life 3 would have bombed, had they kept their good writers and artistic directors.

But Valve has no intention in creating new games (apart from VR shit). Why would they? They stated that they are making far more money by exploiting the sheep with micro-transactions.

Someone buys CSGO for $10 on sale... yet, he spends over $500 per year on micro-transactions. Even better with Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2.

Why spend massive amounts of money on creating a game that will only get you a one-time fee of $60 per head.

Bottom line, no games until retards keep buying hats. It's a question of profitability, not of fear of failing.
>>
File: Alien Rampage_3.png (26KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Rampage_3.png
26KB, 320x200px
>tfw the best thing to come out of DNF development was Alien Rampage
>>
>>383579465
>>pitchford gets hands on game
>lets make it badass!
>(game fucking sucks)

90% of the shit in DNF, including the health regen and weapon limit, is due to 3DR and Broussard.
Queerbox just added shit like Captain Dylan since they couldn't use Bombshell and put in the finishing touches and aparently they were forced by contract to leave all that garbage in place.
However, they're still responsible for pushing the turd out, claiming it's the best thing ever and then, after people found out that it sucked, pointing at other people that they are they are responsible that the game tainted their reputation - your fault for picking it up.
>>
>>383579823
this is the sad truth with most games today, either it has alot of microtransaction crap or its p2w... but all the source games will sell itself... a new day of defeat released inbetween cod/bf release would sell alot or a portal 3, building on that story, maybe even a new Team Fortress when overwatch falls in popularity... but its probably a pain to find a release date for them since they have alot people on their steam platform that they dont want to interfere with..
>>
>>383579260
>too oldschool for new audience
>regenerating health and weapon limits
>too oldschool
>>
>>383580534
the audience today want a sad story to follow with feelings and love, dont think the gameplay was the biggest problem...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.