[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was reluctant about trying this game because, let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 15

So I was reluctant about trying this game because, let's be honest here, I think we can all agree that mario kart clones are for retarded cockbreath autists with self-harm tendencies also sonic games. But it's pretty good.
I just don't know how to go fast. Am I really supposed to spend the entire race drifting for mini turbos?
>>
You can't beat this game without drifting.
>>
What an awful opinion
>>
>>383574564
Spare me the drama, furfag, I like this game. I think I like it better than Mario Kart 8.
>>
>>383574347
You have to drift most of the time in this.
The longer you drift the stronger the boost. Max drift boost is level 3.
You can chain drifts without loosing built up boost.
Doing stunts mid-air gives you a boost when you land.
More flips means higher boost level. Max level 3 (4 if you do a frontflip, backflip and roll in 1 jump)
Always drift in boat mode. It's easier to controll and gives boost.
>>
Drift, seek for jumps and use stunts during them.
>>
It's awesome a kart game that feels like outrun, the boat and plane stuff isn't as good though
>>
File: 1471394106379.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471394106379.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>383574647
>spare me the drama
>shitting on people for no reason and then getting defensive by calling someone a furfag when they you out on it

Jesus, relax. It's only a video game.

But yes you are correct. This is a really underrated game. Essentially what >>383575130 said. It's very satisfying to learn the tracks and AI can actually be quite challenging on higher levels. Too bad it's a miracle it got made at all (Danica Patrick personally helped fund the game so they put her in as a playable character which is nice and all but still weird as fuck. Then again Whack It Wally is in there too so whatever.) and I seriously doubt Sega gives enough of a shit to let Sumo do another sequel. A real shame.
>>
>>383575772
Don't you have /mlp/ threads to masturbate to?
>>
I though the previous Sonic Allstar Racing was better to be honest. I dunno why, but the racing just FEELS better in that one.
>>
>>383576575
Does the PC version have banjo?
>>
>>383577004
Nope. It has a better framerate though.
>>
>>383576575
The only things the first game had better over Transformed is the unique All-Stars and the announcer.

First game had a horrible track selection and music ripped straight out of their source game. It was lazy as fuck.
>>
>>383576575
I cant wait to play this on xbox one. They need to fucking hurry it up already. Transformed was shit compared to the first game
>>
It's a far better game than Mario Kart with a WAY higher skill ceiling. It's also far better than the original Sega Kart Racer but contrarian plebs will try to argue otherwise.

Take notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hP4seqYKY
>>
>>383574347
>Am I really supposed to spend the entire race drifting for mini turbos?

Yes if you want to beat the harder difficulties of each track, which you have to do to unlock everything.
>>
>>383574347
I thought most Mario Kart clones were well received. Lots of people have Crash Kart and Duddy Kong Kart as their favorite
>>
>>383574347
They aren't really "mini" turbos in this game like in Mario Kart. The boost you get from drifting is on par with normal boosts.
>>
>>383581708
Wrong. Level 1 turbos in this game are shit and make you decelerate quicker. There's a reason the WR time trials frequently hold their drift boosts and avoid track boosts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VltnWxdhY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSq6aJcjQ-g
>>
>>383575130
Also you can start a race with a boost if you tap forward at each number during the countdown, it's pretty hard to do though
>>
>>383581512
Too bad the best character is locked behind a paywall
>>
>>383581805

True true, a lot of people still love diddy Kong racing to this day.
>>
>>383581964
Good thing I didn't say anything even related to what you're saying then
>>
>>383582006
Yogcast?
>>
>>383579270
Yeah, and I wish you were able to customize the grand prix like you could in Mario Kart. But I can't get enough of the driving in the first All-Stars racing. It's a shame that the game gets too easy when you've mastered it. You're always in front, and it gets boring. I still love it though.

And honestly, I prefer the recycled music in the first All-Stars Racing. The music made for Transformed sounded so generic, they all sounded the same to me, I literally can't remember them.
>>
>>383574347
>I think we can all agree that mario kart clones are for retarded cockbreath autists

By this you also mean the Mario Karts themselves right? Not just the clones.
>>
>>383582325
Yep. Thats exactly it. Nah Metal Sonic, man. All the track records are either him or AGES. Mostly Metal Sonic
>>
Which sega game is he from?
>>
>>383582740
As a metal Sonic main I'd say Ages is slightly better. There's also plenty of characters with the same stats as either of them.
>>
File: nightmares.jpg (26KB, 884x126px) Image search: [Google]
nightmares.jpg
26KB, 884x126px
>>383574347
Great game. There are videos about the tracks, you have to boost all the time and cut corners where you can. You can even overboost yourself with your own boost and level boosts
>>
>>383581974
You just start accelerating before 1 and you get the boost.
>>
>>383583015
Not if you want the level 3 boost
>>
>>383583070
You didn't say level 3 boost, fucko.
>>
>>383583134
You'd have to be a retard to only go for the level 1 boost though, so why even bother mentioning it, you based autist
>>
>>383583134
>Also you can start a race with a boost if you tap forward at each number during the countdown
He clearly wanted the full boost, moron. Why wouldn't he?

Either way, the timing on it is the kind of thing that just comes naturally if you've played enough. Maybe watch a race on youtube and see when they tap it.
>>
>>383574347
you can get up to six boost levels if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>383574347
i bought this when it was in a humble bundle a long time ago and had fun with it, do people still play it?
>>
>>383584465
Weekends.
>>
>>383582023
That SGDQ run was fukken sik
>>
>>383575130
you can also do risk boosts in flying mode by narrowly avoiding crashing into objects via rolling out of the way. Risk management is the key to beating air-heavy stages in Time Attack
>>
Also, flying form moves slightly faster than the other two, you might want to take advantage of that. In boost races or challenges that don't require high precision, use Speed or Boost car mod, Accel becomes irrelevant without items being involved.
>>
it's pretty fun but it all ends when you have to win races in the hardest difficulty to open new shit, the AI cheats like the cheat of the north star.
>>
>>383575772
Sumo should find another IP to work with for a "sequel".
>>
>>383586062
Dead or Alive racing wen
>>
>>383581512
>people complain about having all three vehicles

How can you watch this video and not think it's fun as heck having all three?
>>
>>383574347
>>383574647
>>383575837
you;re trying REALLY HARD to fit in, and it's not working
>>
>>383586337
>triggered furwad spotted
>>
File: average_crazi_taxi_ride.gif (2MB, 610x596px) Image search: [Google]
average_crazi_taxi_ride.gif
2MB, 610x596px
>>383574347
You want to be almost constantly boosting. God I love the sense of speed in that game.
>>
op sounds like he is 15, which would explain why he doesn't know how much /v/ used to cum all over this game when it came out
>>
>>383587863
Protip: having a thread about it doesn't mean the entire board is masturbating over it.
>>
>>383586062
Kart Souls pls.
>>
>>383574347
Are you me?

I bought this game for 5 bucks or so, just because it was cheap and I wanted something to play with friends but it turned out to be a really good game, better than MK8
>>
The best thing about this game is that in the Wii u version you can have someone playing on the gamepad and another person on the TV, without the obligatory splitscreen bullshit Mario Kart 8 has
>>
>>383582843
I guess he is only a shitty youtuber/streamer who is in the game for wathever reason, like probably 50% of the cast.
>>
>>383581964

What's the song in the Outrun Bay video?
>>
>>383581974
It's very easy to do. Just tap every time the screen goes black. Before the number appears
>>
>>383590617
Is the Wii U version ok? I've only ever played the PC version when it first came out but I own a hacked Wii U now, it might be worth downloading if it's not a shitty port.
>>
>>383585710
I never had any trouble playing on S
Maybe you are just bad :^)
>>
>>383575130
>(4 if you do a frontflip, backflip and roll in 1 jump)
HOLY SHIT WHAT?

I HAVE LIKE 70 HOURS IN THIS GAME AND I HAD NO IDEA
>>
File: 1357093862181.jpg (64KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1357093862181.jpg
64KB, 441x705px
>>383576575
Go back and play it again. The first All Stars Racing feels like it's coded by amateur students or something. The "FEEEEL" is the most fucked up part of the entire game.

The original one is fucking garbage my guy.
>>
>>383592514
It's the best console version (All console version run at 30 though). It runs the smoothest of the 3, just slightly better than 360, and has 5 player local with 1 person on the gamepad screen.

You do of course lose out on about 1/4th of the cast which is PC exclusive/paid DLC though. Metal Sonic and Alex Kid did make it into the WiiU version as far as DLC characters however.
>>
This game is vastly superior to any Maryo Kart babbyshit released in the last 15 years. I can't believe there are people who unironically shit on it for being a clone.
>>
File: Joe_Musashi.png (89KB, 250x398px) Image search: [Google]
Joe_Musashi.png
89KB, 250x398px
Post your mains.
>>
>>383574347
you pretty much wont beat a single S-class event unless you're hitting every single boost pad, drift chain, and getting stunt boosts without fucking up the entire race no exceptions.
>>
File: DAY-TONE-AHHHHHH.jpg (83KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
DAY-TONE-AHHHHHH.jpg
83KB, 1067x600px
>>383593509
This or BD Joe
>>
File: racing transformed.png (1MB, 1099x611px) Image search: [Google]
racing transformed.png
1MB, 1099x611px
>>383593509
This thread is making me want to finish that last 20%, I haven't played the game in ages.
>>
File: bob_ross_titanium_white.jpg (40KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
bob_ross_titanium_white.jpg
40KB, 570x574px
>>383596273
Do it. Getting all 232 stars in world tour feels incredible.
>>
File: uns_this.png (26KB, 341x379px) Image search: [Google]
uns_this.png
26KB, 341x379px
>>383595501
Same except I use the AGES mod for that face melting level 6 boost stat.
>>
File: stats.jpg (199KB, 963x535px) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
199KB, 963x535px
Want to know why I hate Sega? No? I'll tell you anyway.

It's that I'm more than willing to throw money their way but they're so poor with their production greenlighting.

They are getting better it seems. The Vanquish and Bayo ports were a step in the right direction. As well as their other recent titles have been really good.

But when the hell are they making a new Racing Transformed? Or reviving those old titles people voted for in the polls years ago? They showed SASRT in that Future of Sega teaser. I know it's unlikely but are they planning to reveal some sort of lineup of new sequels or re-releases? When's Transformed 2, Sega?

Why didn't they update SASRT with new map packs? Where's Miku? Why doesn't Outrun work online? Where's Kazuma Kiryu? The game already has fairly obscure nods in it so why not add a Gunblade NY stage in there too? Or Valkyria Chronicles. If you don't have time for that add mod support or something. Oh and add some more stunt options in the boat sections. Get Sumo on the phone.

Please for the love of god Sega give me that sweet Transformed 2, I'm so fucking thirsty.
>>
>>383593064
>this fucking post
you're paid for this shit or it just comes naturally?
>>
>>383575334
Shit taste detected. Boat and plane are amazing.
>>
>>383597882
>Still being this mad about the WiiU
I had my friends pushing me to get that version so that we could all play again (I can't bring my PC to a friends house and local multiplayer easily) so I did all that research very recently and figured I'd impart it onto that anon since he specifically fucking asked you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>383597462
>Sonic

Hello Mr Boring.
>>
>>383593243
>babbyshit
>muh cartoon animal fapfodder is better than your cartoon animal fapfodder
This is why they chased you out of town with torches and pitchforks furfag. Although it is a more enjoyable game.
>>
>>383598172
It used to be Beat or AGES but then I started to min max the stats for the time trials. I figured if the devs did their runs as Sonic it would've been the preferred character to do them with. I guess they could've done the run with any character and then swap the model. There were a lot of Sonic players on top of the leaderboards too.
>>
>>383574347
Yes.

The gist of going fast is to stack turbo's. You can achieve this by driving over speed boosts, drifting and doing tricks in the air.

I'd dare to argue that this game is better than Mario kart because all you can do in MK is drift and that doesn't even give you a significant boost.
Not to mention item cancer.
>>
>>383599035
This game has worse items in comparison, though. Those bees are some super retarded bullshit.
>>
>>383599035
Protip: doing a trick in three different directions (left, right, up/down) gives a higher boost than usual.
You can also do tricks while drifting; while you're sideways, you can use the trick to gain a drift level but also maneuver yourself.
>>
>>383599127
It's not the quality of the items that bother me. It's that even if you're a good player/driver in MK the rubberbanding because of the items is just pure cancer.
Items are just a crutch for people in MK that can't race properly but still allows them to come ahead.
>>
>>383574347
nintenbro everyone
>>
>>383599127
Bees are way better than blue shells. You can usually avoid them and they affect everybody who's ahead rather than just fucking over the guy in first.
>>
>>383599127
I think the bees are fine and the items are on average better than MK's. At least you can potentially dodge basically everything, even the bees. Unlike the MK equivalent where in some games you have to hope you're near a boost pad or that blue shell is going to get you.
>>
>>383599574
I haven't owned a nintendo console since the SNES.
>>
>>383599127
>Thinks bees are bad
Only newbes thinks Swarm are worth a damn. Twister and facing off All-Star's in 3rd place are the real fuck you moments.
>>
I got this game on sale. Want to main Ralph, but does it matter which character you main really? It seems you can change stats depending on what you need.

What is important for regular racing? Is it speed, boost, or accel?
>>
>>383593509
Football Manager always
>>
File: 1485779183414.png (178KB, 530x620px) Image search: [Google]
1485779183414.png
178KB, 530x620px
>>383574347
I miss /v/ nights of sanic karts
>>
>>383600268
If you think you're hot shit, don't plan to get hit and know every level, you'll really only need speed and boost. If you're playing against good players accel is fairly important too as you'll likely get hit often. I often do 4-6 for speed and boost and 1-2 for accel.
>>
File: FWlRMop.jpg (156KB, 890x1095px) Image search: [Google]
FWlRMop.jpg
156KB, 890x1095px
I too found this game to be great despite thinking it was lame as fuck at first.
Why the fuck does Sonic need a car for? He's the fastest hedgehog around.
Then I tried it with my little nephew and it had incredibly solid handling and went fast enough. However tracks got really boring quick.
>>
>>383600268
Speed and Boost for sure, the others are more of a matter of preference/skill level. Keep those two high and play around with different characters/mods to see what you like, personally I prefer high handling at the expense of acceleration.

Any character is fine to main though, unless you fall in love with a specific set of stats. They're all flexible enough, though some All Star attacks are objectively better.
>>
>>383600864
>Why the fuck does Sonic need a car for? He's the fastest hedgehog around.

BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING RACE, THE POINT IS TO GET TO THE END USING A CARLIKE MACHINE. NOT GET TO THE END USING WHATEVER MEANS POSSIBLE. IF IT FUCKING WAS SHADOW WOULD JUST WIN EVERYTHING BY TELEPORTING HIMSELF. IT'S LIKE FUCKING ASKING WHY WON'T TYSON JUST ENTER A FENCING COMPETITION AND JUST SMACK EVERYONE.
Not to mention he's unable to both fly and swim, so transforming vehicle is a must.
>>
>>383601121
You can't make sanic slow down, he hass to go fats.
>>
>>383600797
>>383601063
Good info, thanks.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.