[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2004 Ubisoft was weird. Sure, they didn't make Far Cry,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Far_Cry_Coverart.png (192KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Far_Cry_Coverart.png
192KB, 256x363px
2004 Ubisoft was weird. Sure, they didn't make Far Cry, but they supervised it, and half the mercenary voice actors are out of the early Splinter Cell games and the dialogue is written exactly like a Splinter Cell game where you sneak around listening to mercenaries talk about utterly bizarre nonsense. Modern Ubisoft is too focused on being SUPER CEREAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iesbZPqK2Nc

Like, I think people have forgotten just how BATSHIT INSANE half the dialogue in Far Cry was. None of the modern Far Cry games are anything like this.
>>
>>383564487
we can never go back
>>
yes the new ones are certaintly a far cry from the old ones
>>
I think the lack of good new fps's is becoming a bit of a crysis.
>>
>>383565789
Basically the industry is doomed.
>>
>>383564487
What was the turning point? Was it that 2008 Prince of Persia game where you couldn't die? Their game designers with their flabby ideas are their weakness.

Random complaint: why couldn't you find guns in the world of Far Cry 3? Putting them all behind a shopkeeper was the most oblivious design decision of all time. The world would of been 100 times more exciting if you could find cool guns hidden within it. When there's a chance to find interesting guns, every square inch of the gameworld becomes far more exciting.
>>
>>383565914
The way they pander to casuals is just unreal. Tournament level gameplay is a joke compared to what it was back in the day
>>
I'LL FIX HIS LITTLE RED WAGON!
>>
>>383566009
Even at that, all you really had to do was climb towers to unlock guns. You never really had to spend money on them unless you wanted to.

07-08 was the end of Ubisoft for me.
>>
>>383566384
SOMETHING SOMETHING MOFO!

That's the only dialogue I remember from this game. I could never get past mofo
>>
>>383566479
The original Far Cry didn't have any coarse language harsher than "screw you". Which was always followed by "buddy".
>>
Probably 2007-2008, when AC/Far Cry 2 and all that abandoned the bizarre enemy banter of previous Ubisoft-published titles. Splinter Cell: Double Agent had remnants of it from Chaos Theory dialogue being recycled, but even it lost that spark. Maybe there was a specific writer behind the scenes at Ubisoft who was a factor. Because none of their modern games that Far Cry/Splinter Cell style "what the hell did he just say, kek" dialogue.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.