[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are two of the best games ever created. Which was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: soulsborne.jpg (922KB, 1440x838px) Image search: [Google]
soulsborne.jpg
922KB, 1440x838px
These are two of the best games ever created.
Which was the better of the two?
>>
Bloodborne is better cause its more fast paced and better setting
>>
File: 45645.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
45645.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
I liked this one more
>>
>>383554202
Bloodborne is probably more polished and has beter action, but Dark Souls is the better RPG. Both are amazing and some of the best material From has ever made.
>>
I like Dark Souls 3 more than Bloodborne.
>>
>>383554202
overall BB is better game and complete game. too bad the PvP is aids
>>
>>383554202
Both are good but I give credit to Bloodborne's more (relatively) unique setting. It's not that DS doesn't have a ton of work put into its setting, of course.
>>
Dark Souls is WAY more replayable.
>>
Bloodborne.
What the hell is that cover for DaS tho? Never seen it before
>>
>>383554202
The world in Dark Souls blew my mind of how it was connected in such organic way. Bloodbourne has a really fun combat.
Personaly, I like DS more
>>
>>383554607
This. I love bloodborne, but there is so little replayability due the lack of different builds.
>>
Dark Souls 2 was my favorite
>>
>>383554614
Japanese cover
>>
>>383554202
For me personally it's DaS because of the interconnected world and the lack of time wasting bullshit. Also it has more variety in its environments, there's some cool places in Bloodborne but way too many city streets. BB also made me question why there's even a level-up system in the first place, it basically became a difficulty slider, very brainless. DaS's stats were far from perfect but at least there were a lot more builds and Endurance was worth leveling up.
>>
If the latter half of DS1 was complete and if the controls were more polished it'd be hard to decide, but since so much of it is just "what could have been" I'd choose Bloodborne over it.
>>
File: IMG_1983.jpg (1004KB, 2078x2078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1983.jpg
1004KB, 2078x2078px
Dark Souls 3 because it has the best enemy variety.
>>
>>383554579
is abbreviating it "DS" the best newfag indicator, /v/?
>>
>>383554579
>gothic shit with eldritch thrown in
>unique
read and play more ttrpgs instead of living in a basement
>>
>>383554346
Offtopic, but my friend recently gifted me DaS2 from the humble bundle. I've never really played a souls game before, and god damn this shit is hard. I'm stuck on the pursuer. Nigger is just way too fast for me. Don't see myself beating that guy.
>>
>>383554979
Not him, but it's a lot more unique than "dark medieval fantasy".
>>
>>383554880
People have been lazy to write full names of games for decades.
For example "TLOZ".
>>
File: 81L+pZ4ABWL._AC_SX430_.jpg (64KB, 430x537px) Image search: [Google]
81L+pZ4ABWL._AC_SX430_.jpg
64KB, 430x537px
Here guys save your money and buy this version. I never see it mentioned here and wasted my money on the DLC-less version. Here is what happened.

>Buy 1.0v game
>Get home and 9.3gb download awaits
>Play game while it downloads
>Is in an unpolished state, load times are double what the patched games load times are
>Find out about GOTY version.
>Order it, play it thinking i could just swap the disc.
>Save data doesnt work, I have to start over again
>By the time i get back to where i was in the vanilla game, I realized i was about an hour from beating the game the first time

Basically ran it and extra time just for the DLC and it wasnt even as good as you fucking memers made it sound.

>You were by my side all along XD

Where is the conext? It was just some nonsense that sounded kinda cool but fell flat. Freaking abysmal levels too.
>>
>>383554202
Dark souls. I know /v/ likes to pick on thing about any game and nail the game to a cross with it, but Das is a better game than Bloodborne overall
>>
>>383554979
Bloodborne has a pretty unique setting. Not many games do the whole Victorian/Lovecraft mix.
>>
i want to start playing the souls series, kinda wanted to try 2 first, should i go 1>2>3?
>>
>>383554202
Why is souls /ourseries/?
>>
File: get off it dude.png (691KB, 636x954px) Image search: [Google]
get off it dude.png
691KB, 636x954px
>>383554202

Dark Souls

Bloodborne isn't really that great outside of atmosphere. When I beat BSB by literally standing still and parrying I dropped the game for the longest time.
>>
>>383555016
pursuer kicked my ass a lot
he's all about really learning each of his moves and the counter to it (his cursing sword thrust is a bitch though)
I haven't done him in a while but usually fromwhat I can remember: you try baiting his charge as much as possible, gives you time to react.
Move sideways from his swings
Almost all his moves give you enough time to whack him back at least once
>>
>>383555016
You can avoid him while you are a newbie.
Eventually you will get gud to defeat him, dont worry, enjoy the game.
>>
>>383555068
No it's not, and most of the game doesn't take place near castles anyway, way more visual variety than Bloodborne
>>
>>383554202
bloodborne by quite a bit
and no, they aren't that good faggot
>>
>>383555182
Yes, why wouldn't you play in order?
>>
Dark Souls is way more fun, but BB is more well designed overall.
>>
>>383555165
Lovecraft did the Victorian/Lovecraft mix. Did you think he set his stories in the contemporary era?
>>
>>383554268
This
>>
>>383555140
I think he meant instead of writing "DaS" DS can be misunderstood, though not in context
>>
>>383555182
>>383555434
there's no real incentive to play in order, no real continuous storyline, except that 3 constantly makes epic references to 1
>>
>>383554346
Hi hbomber. It's ok if you liked it better personally. That doesn't mean it's an objectively better game. And having more of a good thing isn't really a good enough argument for that you social justice prick.
>>
Before are great and both have some great faults. Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time, but I'll be the first to warn you about the horrible fucking fps drops that can really ruin it for. That being said, I find Bloodborne to be an immensely satisfying game (as is all the souls) with a tone that really captivated the shit out of me. Though at the end of the day, you might not like either. And that's ok because it's a fucking video game and you're probably better jacking off anyway.
>>
>>383555617

2's story/lore builds off the first game as well.
>>
>>383555182
>kinda wanted to try 2 first

2 has the superior mechanics, but I have no idea why a first time player would want to play it before trying 1 otherwise.
>>
thinking of giving up on dark souls because capra demon's camera is just too irritating
>>
File: 1472002370029.jpg (126KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1472002370029.jpg
126KB, 492x492px
>"Demon's Souls is the best" meme died just as Sony got another exclusive souls game.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>383555310
Yes, BB simplifies so much I don't understand the point.
>>
>>383555310
>When I beat BSB by literally standing still and parrying I dropped the game for the longest time.
This can be done to Gwyn
Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIc98N4qYq0&t=13s
>>
>>383555647
Both. Can't grammar when sleepy
>>
>>383555856
I haven't played BB, are parries harder or easier? I can pull off some parries in the other souls games, but I can't guarantee I can reliably pull it off on a boss

For pontiff you can just do the shield + strafe to win anyway
>>
File: 1499638269875.png (2MB, 1280x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1499638269875.png
2MB, 1280x1076px
I find impossible to determine which one is the best of the two, they are both amazing games.
I prefer Bloodborne because the lore/atmosphere and it's fast-paced combat are more to my taste, but i can see why someone would enjoy Dark Souls more, the combat relies on strategy and planning and it gives advantages to a player that knows his surroundings and his enemies. Dark Souls also has the bonus of not being an exclusive title, increasing the playerbase and, consequently, PvP and Coop, which i'll admit, was rather lackluster in Bloodborne.
>>
>>383555954
>I haven't played BB, are parries harder or easier?

Ridiculously easier. They're not actually 'parries' at all, but rather gun counter attacks that stagger the enemy.
>>
>>383555150
I guess the premise was that even though he became a beast, super deformed, and lost everything to him, MGS was with him the whole time on his back.
>>
>>383555954
They're easier because you don't have to get near them
Fuck pvp, although I don't think the problem was it being exclusive, I think the problem is that you have to pay for online
>>
>>383555998
>Fuck pvp, although I don't think the problem was it being exclusive, I think the problem is that you have to pay for online
>>
Das = Des (slightly) > BB > DaS 3 > actual shit > DaS 2
>>
>>383555783
I noticed that too. Really makes ya think, huh.
>>
>>383556238
If you aren't close enough you'll miss the follow up riposte.
>>
>>383556442
The hunter moves pretty fast and if you're close enough for it to attack you you're close enough to parry it
>>
>>383555328
Can I really avoid him? Hes behind a fog wall, and unless I'm lost, I can't find a way to progress unless I kill him.
>>
>>383555150
I remember when console gaming was console gaming and not just bad PC gaming
>>
>>383554202
They're both mediocre but DS is slightly less bad I guess.

Nice monster designs but that's not enough for me like it apparently is for most people
>>
>>383555150
When you meet him he is a mindless beast but the Sword triggers him to gain back his conscious and humanity.

The Sword is a symbol of his past achievements and what he stood for, even as a beast it never left him.
>>
>>383557082
I don't know, I'm not feeling him, never got that wow feeling everyone else got. Orphan was better in terms of style, atmosphere, as a boss fight, and thematically
>>
Bloodboure made me a better Dark souls player. It forces me to play a constantly mobile yet aggressive playstyle and I've learnt how to better micromanage my heals/items usages better then dark souls would've ever done for me.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.