[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I JUST finished Ori. After playing it I don't feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Ori.jpg (3MB, 3200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ori.jpg
3MB, 3200x2000px
So I JUST finished Ori. After playing it I don't feel like it gets the recognition that it deserves given that when I went to check the reviews it only got in the upper 80%. In my opinion it should have gotten at least somewhere around the upper 90s. What do you think anon? How was your experience with the game?
>>
>>383550118
I haven't played many metroidvanias so I can't criticize but as an artfag I had a blast.
Looking forward to the next game.
>>
>>383550118
Loved it. GOTY 2015. Still think it has some of the best platforming mechanics out there, everybody should copy bash. Will of the Wisps is the best (only good) thing to come out of MS's E3.
>>
>>383550118
she's cute
>>
File: file.png (469KB, 717x434px)
file.png
469KB, 717x434px
>>383550795
Stop that
https://www.orithegame.com/blind-forest/
>>
File: 1498642983727.png (62KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1498642983727.png
62KB, 184x184px
>>383550118
goty 2015 for me; only thing i didn't like is that combat was fairly shallow and lack of being able to backtrack in the original release. looking forward to the sequel
>>
File: redpill.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>383550118
It was truly excellent. /v/ has no excuse for jacking off to the garbage that is Witcher 3, among countless other examples, month after month while shunning Ori. I can only conclude corporate shills played a key part in this. It costs them millions of dollars to make shitty games, while independent developers can make better games for less, faster. So why wouldn't they view indie gaming as a threat? They know if indie gaming ever took off like it should have, they'd be fucked. They've known it the whole time, and they've been working to prevent that from happening from the beginning, and that's probably why it hasn't happened. If /v/ ever got a clue, that would be bad for business so they conduct their anti-indie hate propaganda campaign here too, all of the time.
>>
I still love it. I'm playing Holllow Knight now and I'm at 50 hours and 99%, still working on the last boss. That's nearly five times longer than Ori 100% took me. However, it still has something going for it and in a weird way despite its short length and simple combat, I still kind of like it better. The platforming and mobility at least feels better for sure.
>>
>>383551246
trap confirmed
>>
>>383551324
Thanks for the cancer anon
>>
>>383550693
>everybody should copy bash
Everybody should copy bash

It bears repeating. What a fucking excellent mechanic.
>>
>>383551324
What a gay post. They're both good games. And Ori is financed by a way larger company than TW3 was.
>>
>>383551618
I don't want Ori 2 to be a rehash, but they should bring bash back at least. They could get rid of triple jump and some other stuff though I think.
>>
>>383551440
I think Hollow Knight should've been shorter and Ori should've been longer.

Hollow Knight takes too long to open up and has too much pointless backtracking. Also the entire first half of the game feels like it's completely devoid of movement abilities, and then you get all of them together.

Ori could've used another dungeon or two to round out the game. If the Definitive Edition stuff had been manddatory to completing the game (but could still be done in any order), I think it would've been perfect.
>>
>>383551913
Every single thing you just said I agree with. I kind of just want Hollow Knight to be done and over with now but I'm stuck on the last boss.
They should have made it so you can get around the world faster and had more fast travels, probably. Original Ori didn't even have fast travel but you could still get around quick. It's a big pain to get to points of interest in Hollow Knight even with fast travel.
>>
>>383551246
Noncanon info.
she's a girl

POST FEMALE ORI
>>
>>383552362
Well never confirmed as a girl, either m8
>>
>>383552165
>It's a big pain to get to points of interest in Hollow Knight even with fast travel.
I think that's the crux of it. Clean up never felt as liberating in Hollow Knight as it should in a Metroidvania.
>>
>>383552165
Ori also had one of the most innovative and excellent checkpoint mechanics ever, while Hollow Knight had faggy a Dark Souls death system.

That's a big part of HK's issue; exploration isn't as fun because of the death mechanic
>>
>>383552949
The checkpoints are alright in HK, they're a lot like Ori when you die to spikes and such. As for actual deaths, the corpse runs do suck balls, especially in this genre. Sometimes I want to just go in a different direction when I die somewhere else. It's also punishing you the further you get which sucks.
You can reclaim the soul up near Dirtmouth but then that's just more traveling to a place you've already seen a hundred times.
Also, the compass shouldn't take up a notch slot and the map should just fill out as you explore instead of needing the bench. I do actually kind of like having to fins the map maker when you first enter, the new areas feels a bit more mysterious. But I say once you buy the map, it should just start filling out in real time.
>>
>>383550118
Picked it up semi-recently. I've been having trouble being able to focus on a particular game or trying any of the new games I keep buying instead of going back to old ones, but Ori kept me hooked. Hoping next game will deliver as well.
>>
I want all platformers to be open world like Ori
Going back to Kirby, it feels so bland
>>
>>383553550
I don't think so, I'd get burnt out on them. Shovel Knight feels great being linear.
>>
>>383553637
Okay maybe not all but I feel like some series could benefit from following oris example
>>
>>383553818
Well it's certainly not the first game like that, it's following Metroid's "open world" concept.
>>
Does the lower rating it gets impact your enjoyment of the game? Implying other peoples opinion of your liked game matters.
>>
I don't know why that's the sentiment op. I also loved ori.
It's my favorite metroidvania from the last couple years.
>>
File: 1495817922959.jpg (68KB, 583x651px) Image search: [Google]
1495817922959.jpg
68KB, 583x651px
>>383550118
>that wilhelm scream easter egg
got a good chuckle out of me
>>
>>383550118
top comfy-tier game
>>
>>383550118
Kinda wish it was at SGDQ. Never seen it speedran before though I'm sure it's been done and could be youtube'd
>>
>>383550693
Bash is so much fucking fun. If they are going to bring back any abilities, I hope that one makes it back.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.