[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All memes aside, what is your actual, genuine opinion of Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 35

File: mhw1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
mhw1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
All memes aside, what is your actual, genuine opinion of Monster Hunter World + the gameplay we've been shown so far?

Please don't make this another Nintendo shit-flinging match. I just want to have a better idea of what's going on with this game.
>>
>>383545574
Probably be pretty cool. I've enjoy Monhun and Monhun clones a bit and it'd be nice to have an actual Monster Hunter on a console I actually own/not on a handheld like it's been.
>>
Looks interesting, but I'm not holding out hopes.
In terms of grafix though, I'm kind of disappointed, some areas of the game look pretty dated, which is sad considering what MHO could achieve.
>>
Going by what my sources at Capcom have told me? It's a complete mess.
>>
>>383545574
It's hard to really tell from what they've put out because, of course, they spend most of the time focusing on the new additions.
I'll wait till there's a playable demo out to really pass judgement.

Either way there's a high chance I'm going to play it no matter what.
>>
>>383545574
Very negative impression currently. I'll wait and see with more footage, but with complete retards playing the game that can't even charge their Greatsword or aim a Bowgun properly, it really doesn't give a very good impression of the game.
>>
I like what I've seen so far but feel the potential with the monsters is sort of lost. I don't like how Anjanath is a generic fire-spitting wyvern when it had a whole gimmick with it's nose design. It should have done something with it's snot instead.

Just look at other early roaring monsters in the previous games. Kecha is an Aye-aye with an probiscus that sprays water and has playful animations, Barroth is a truck that would use mud to cover its weakness to fire and charge head-first into foes with its scalp, Basarios is a heavy-wyvern that was prone to hiding because it is still a child, Blango was a proud alpha male that could even cause its mooks to rage alongside it.
Anjanath is.... a dinosaur that occasionally spits fire.
>>
I've already given my opinion but get told to stop being a shill, so I'm not going to fall for ops bait.
>>
>>383546564
I absolutely hated X/Gen gameplay wise but god damn were the new monsters like the Galvenus incredibly cool. I hope World gets more monsters like that.
>>
It's a Nintendo game do you actually think it won't suck?
>>
>>383546829
>It's a Nintendo game

PS4/ Xbone/ Steam
>>
>>383545574
I think it has a lot of potential, I guess the best way to describe what I've is it seems like this game is bringing it to the "next generation". The content I've seen so far looks great, and although I don't necessarily need great graphics the game is beautiful.

Mainly I want capcom to succeed, and this is the 5th gen of monster so I want this to do great to see where it goes from here. but above all else I haven't been more hyped for a video game in years.
>>
File: 1471718309545.png (189KB, 364x652px)
1471718309545.png
189KB, 364x652px
>>383545574
I think it looks fucking great and welcome streamlining. Damage numbers are stupid but not something worth complaining about, almost everything else is absolutely not an issue. More than anything else I'm just happy to play MH with a real controller, anything else I feel is secondary to that, period.
Also you can't seriously believe it's not fucking sonybros pretending to be nintenbros so they can point out their own posts and say nintenbros are shitposting when it's really them. If you don't seriously believe that's what's happening you haven't been on neo-/v/ long enough.
>>
>>383546564
>It should have done something with it's snot instead.
I never even realized how obvious this was until you said it. Hell, even keep the fire blast just give it a snot attack that slows you down if you get hit. Like Barroth with the mud bombs.
>>
>Mfw all the compliments are "streamlining", "console graphics", "large connected map" and "controller"

If so many people dislike classic Monster Hunter while somehow being fans of it, why the fuck are they even waiting for a casualised one instead of moving to God Eater or Toukiden?
>>
>>383546728
Glavenus is so fucking cool

>>383546603
Not b8 friendo. You can tell me your opinion if you want
>>
>>383547654
You can like a game and think it's clunky, idiot. Why are you surprised to see a game series evolve, and why on fucking earth are you so opposed to it? If you love the old gameplay so much play the fucking old games.
>>
File: Image00278.jpg (629KB, 1734x1244px) Image search: [Google]
Image00278.jpg
629KB, 1734x1244px
>>383547564
>instead of spitting flames out of the mouth it would do an adorable sneeze animation
>because of the nature of the snot to ignite easily it could also cause fire defense down to make the next hit more dangerous
there is so much to work with yet they did the most boring thing imaginable
>>
>>383545574
Cautiously optimistic. It looks good but I'm not particularly hyped; I need to see more.
>>
>>383547829
In other words, you haven't played MonHun in years and pretend 3U and 4U don't exist.

It's like talking to a Valkryia Chronicles fan when 90% of the fanbase only played the original.
>>
Looks really good so far
I'm a greatsword fag and seeing lots of gameplay of it was nice
>>
In a previous mon hun thread someone posted about how Worlds is similar to Frontier. If Worlds turns out to be Capcom's solution to getting a Monster Hunter type mmo like Frontier to a larger audience that isn't China are Japan then I am excited for it, but it probably isn't so I'll just go back to emulating Tri.
>>
File: 20170708200517_1.jpg (248KB, 1280x720px)
20170708200517_1.jpg
248KB, 1280x720px
>>383545574
looks like a fresh breath of air for the series.
despite the "casualizations" it comes down to how hard they make the monsters.
what we've seen is effectively a low rank great jaggi hunt.

but even if it isn't hard, i still have frontier for challenging MH.
>>
>>383547829
>Why are you surprised to see a game series evolve, and why on fucking earth are you so opposed to it?
>Says the same person that probably hates on Gen 3 and 4 games or even Generations which was maximum experimentation mode
>>
>>383545574
Too much handholding, even for a tutorial. I hope they don't make us play through the whole game with those bugs and that girl yelling in my years, and I hope they let me explore things and figure out shit on my own.
>>
>>383547929
>>383548053
Did I fucking miss something here? How the fuck did either of you get that I didn't like Gen 3 and 4 from what I said about welcoming change?
>>
File: handler.png (62KB, 312x136px)
handler.png
62KB, 312x136px
>>383545574
It's been a mixed bag ever since reveal. I'm glad that the shitflinging has calmed down, but I would like to see something actually new from it. I was against it when it was first revealed, but I think I've calmed down since then.

>>383547930
Greatsword looks a bit too fast and not as weighty imo
>>
Every single piece of information that comes out makes it look worse and worse.
>>
>>383545574
I was never really into the series as a whole (played a bit of 3U, but the swimming segments killed it for me), but I'm more than eager to get back into the series. I'm glad it's coming to PC too, since I just finished building mine.
>>
>>383548179
>You can like a game and think it's clunky, idiot

That complaint hasn't been relevant since Tri and Portable 3rd.
>>
>>383548124
The girl was definitely a tutorial mission thing
If I recall correctly the scoutflies are either optional or only get obnoxiously big if you start investigating the tracks
>>
>>383548280
Kinda hard to tell with weight and speed when they literally didn't use a charge attack
It might as well have been a longsword with how they were using it
>>
>>383548360
Standing around to heal is clunky. Not being able to change gear on a hunt is clunky. I'd even go as far as saying not being able to fast travel to the camp is clunky.
>>
>>383545574
I really don't like the move to completely open areas. I feel that the segmented layouts of all the other games allowed for more freedom in the level design, in that everything didn't have to fit together perfectly.
>>
File: MHW Hunter.jpg (404KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
MHW Hunter.jpg
404KB, 2048x1536px
>>383548471
They did use charge attacks, it's just that the animation for them is MUCH more flaccid and I really don't like it. Your character flashes red now to signal charges.
>>
I think it looks great. I am eager to see some new content though, we've seen the same scenario so many times now, I'd like some new info. The game was only announced like two weeks ago though, so I get that I'm just being impatient.
>>
>>383548403
>get obnoxiously big if you start investigating the tracks
That's really not cool. I won't buy this shit until I get confirmation that this can be completely disabled, including the girl which I assume will kick and scream everytime I find tracks or any kind of sign of my hunt.
>>
>>383545574
I'm forced on the Capcom roller coaster that makes Cedar Point look like a fucking joke.

I'm excited yet cautious.
>>
I haven't watched too much of the gameplay. From what I've seen it doesn't look too drastic. Thankfully damage numbers can be turned off. My main concern is the amount of monsters that will be in the game. I can't shake the feeling this'll be an instance where a company feels they can get away with less by approaching a new demographic who's not familiar with the franchise and not knowing what they should expect from it. I'll be getting it on day one, though. Can't not play a new MonHun game.
>>
File: 1486445092586.jpg (130KB, 600x389px)
1486445092586.jpg
130KB, 600x389px
>>383548519
>Standing around to heal is clunky
Maybe you should learn positioning and remind yourself you're not playing Dark Souls where you can just chug estus.
>>
>>383545574
It looks alright. If the game is good then I get to play a new monster hunter game on my PC. If the game is bad then I get to shitpost on /v/ all day while Sonybros cry and defend it. I can't lose.
>>
>>383548575
it is the same effect as two-handers in DD and it looks awful. Give me back my flame. The level change effect also sounds terrible, it reminds me of MHO's except slightly modified instead of the stock engine sound effect haphazardly left there
>>
>>383545574
I worry it will have a severe lack of content with the excuse being that they had to make it from the ground up. Bonus points if shitposters defend the lack of content in the name of console wars.
>>
>>383548743
>I can't shake the feeling this'll be an instance where a company feels they can get away with less by approaching a new demographic who's not familiar with the franchise and not knowing what they should expect from it
They'll definitely do it. If it'll save time and resources (and it will), they'll do it.
>>
>>383548765
A lot of the sounds in MHW seem to be off in one way or another. Rathalos doesn't have his signature ear-piercing roar anymore.
>>
>>383545574
Graphics look good, prob introduce my friends to series, Anjanath or whatever it's called is the worst looking monster I've ever seen, thankfully Jagra looks okay. Also bummed at no underwater combat.
>>
>>383545574
Looks great and I'm glad it's on PC. Monster Hunter will be reborn again.
>>
>>383548748
not him but that ad hominem is pretty weak considering you have to stand around and heal in dark souls too
>>
>>383548575
Pretty much looked exactly the same to me. I've only played 3U though
Maybe I'm just not that picky though
>>
I hate the shit from the X games that non-shielded weapons can suddenly do parries and essentially block with the same effectiveness as a shielded weapon. Remove that garbage and keep it in them shit games
>>
looks like a Dark Souls mod. roll estus roll professional streamer gameplay for maximum twitch views.. spiritual sequel to Lost Planet as you turn the HBG into a minigun
>>
>>383545574
it'll probably be fun to play with my friends, i just hope it hasn't lost the charm that made the series great so far
>>
>>383545574
I think it looks pretty good and I have no reason to miss them removing gathering times on certain materials. What I am worried about is that between the environmental obstacles and the stealth mechanics that they're working to make hunts take a lot longer and put a big focus on tracking the monster, which I find questionable, as I imagine it'll get tedious quickly.

Also, the English dub is horrible.
>>
>>383545574
i will wait for the demo but for what i saw , is ok , it really looks like tri washed out colors and i think people wanted that.
>>
File: ugly-old-jew.jpg (6KB, 217x253px)
ugly-old-jew.jpg
6KB, 217x253px
>glad there's finally a monhun game on PC, because it would have been retarded for capcom to not make PC monhun games other than a garbage mmo
>everyone tells me its garbage
>tfw will never get to play good monhuns unless i buy nintendo console
>>
>>383545574
I'm... strangely excited.
>>
>>383549293
You can literally emulate the best one you niger
>>
File: mhw gs2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mhw gs2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Game will be great. I highly encourage everyone here to check out the english gameplay video. The girl is obviously only for the tutorial. And since we've never really had decent tutorials for the series it's hard to tell.

Looking forward to the changes to the more complex weapons.
>>
>>383545574
A bit apprehensive. The whole thing just looks kind of like Monster Hunter filtered through a lens of focus-testing for Westerners (open world, overly cinematic setpieces, GRAPHIX!!!, etc.). But that's just my first impression and I'm certainly open to being proven wrong.

Idort here, so the silly console wars don't even factor into my thoughts.
>>
>>383549364
Which one is that?
>>
File: 1493796015612.jpg (78KB, 562x1000px)
1493796015612.jpg
78KB, 562x1000px
i'm kinda glad it's on pc now
it will make hunting with friends even better.
>dem voice chats
>just kicking back in the chair and having a good time.
makes me miss the days when we would all lugg around our ps2 and tv's over to our buddys house and hunt up in different rooms
>>
>>383549468
The games get better as you go along.

IMO best one in the series is 4U on the 3ds. Even though Generations came out after it, it was more of an anniversary type game that introduced some new temporary mechanics and brought back older monsters.

After 4U the next best game is 3U and then Freedom Unite (2nd game in the series). There is no point in playing the first game since Freedom Unite has 100% of the first game and a lot more.
>>
Bump for actual discussions
>>
>>383549364
For real? DETAILS, MY MAN, DETAILS
>>
File: 1499676626368.png (222KB, 741x424px)
1499676626368.png
222KB, 741x424px
>>383547829
>If you love the old gameplay so much play the fucking old games.
This is always a stupid argument. "No you can't criticize the direction a series you like is headed in just play the old ones and let us eat shit." Get bent you fag.
>>
>>383549048
to give a better idea of how I feel on this
>what is okay:
Charge Blade because it has a fucking shield in the form of the axehead and actually loses sharpness by blocking like Greatsword, Sword and Shield's backhop because it makes sense that is has I-frames, Lance and Gunlance because they have shields, the adept parries with said shielded weapons, weapon arts that specifically show the shielded part being used like Chainsaw and Enraged Guard
>what is not okay
Adept Style for EVERYTHING else, arts like Critical Juncture and Round Force, Brave Charging, Brave DB's R input, Brave LS's Spirit Dance, Absolute Arts
>>
>>383549674
When you want them to keep making the same game over and over again you deserve to be told to fuck off.
>>
>>383549293
you've been memed, PC monhun is good.
well, at least Frontier is. and it isn't an MMO outside requiring a sub.
>>
>>383545574
I've been playing since Freedom Unite and I think it looks awesome. I honestly think the people complaining about making things faster/easier are just desperately searching for reasons to hate it when there isn't.
>>
>>383549624
4U > FU > 3U
Prove me wrong
>>
File: 1487583138361.jpg (78KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487583138361.jpg
78KB, 1083x720px
Mixed impressions.

Graphics look alright, environments look kind of old and use a lot of 2D assets, reminds me of a late PS3 game. Character and monster models look fantastic though. I don't necessarily care for the whole monsters fighting monsters and areas connected by tunnels but that could turn out to be fun. Weapon movesets look overall the same which I'm happy about, although it's too bad that anime hasn't died.

Negatives now, free environmental traps everywhere I dislike, the game is already cheesy enough without them. The grappling hook and platforming elements like vine swinging are 100% unnecessary. We have too much je suis monte as it is and who the fuck asked for walking through dumb ass tunnels to take even longer? Moving while using items is sad, game needs to stay pick and choosy. Scared at the lack of talismans in the equipment screen, if mixed set madness is gone I'm gonna be horrified. While talking about the tent shit, if the "Item box" option allows you to withdraw items like potions from your box I'm gonna be pissed. Crunch time agony that turns into sweet relief is one of the greatest feelings that only a game like MH can provide.
>>
>>383549364
>haha 3rdP is the best!!
psp keks everyone
The best is 4U
>>
As long as underwater sections don't exist I'm happy
>>
File: mh3u_ss1[1].jpg (642KB, 1920x1080px)
mh3u_ss1[1].jpg
642KB, 1920x1080px
I really hate how bland and discolored the environments look. I feel like it just looks really samey compared to how different the segmented areas tend to look and be.
I hate how dark and "clean" the health and stamina bars look. I much prefer something that goes across my entire top screen.
>>
File: vzjgzv6b49ex.png (413KB, 800x803px) Image search: [Google]
vzjgzv6b49ex.png
413KB, 800x803px
>>383549820
I doubt you are looking for an actual reason but for anyone else reading here's why:

Each game introduces new weapon types and new mechanics and quality of life changes over time. So in this series the games get better as they go on.
Freedom Unite had a lost of frustrating hitbox issues while 3U introduced a new weapon type and fresh monsters. It also fixed hitbox problems and made Hunting Horn and Dual Blades fun.
>>
How long does it usually take to get to Atlal-Ka or whatever in XX solo

I just wanna get transmog and fight /bestrocket/ so I can feel complete with XX and move to 4U
>>
>>383550124
SWIMMING
W
I
M
M
I
N
G
>>
>>383550112
all the HP bars look like ass except MH2s which blended perfectly with the player name as well and had dynamic colouring. i wish they wouldn't be afraid to have the icon go beyond the timer again since even Frontier fucked it up
>>
>>383550124
>3U introduced a new weapon type and fresh monsters. It also fixed hitbox problems and made Hunting Horn and Dual Blades fun.
no actually, 3u did none of that. tri and p3rd did.
3u only regressed the series by returning water combat when it was clear that nobody wanted it.
>>
File: IMG_8942.gif (842KB, 360x240px)
IMG_8942.gif
842KB, 360x240px
Are any older ones worth emulating to start getting into without throwing at a 3DS?
>>
>>383550236
Swimming was definitely frustrating but imo it only becomes cumbersome really late into the game. Up until ceadeus (basically last boss of story) I was able to tolerate the water mechanics or dare I say enjoyed some of it. But after doing late G-rank fights it becomes apparent that underwater combat is limiting in movement and generally adds time to monster kills.
I'm glad they didn't continue underwater combat which is why 4U is better.
>>
File: 1484705904401.gif (412KB, 240x233px)
1484705904401.gif
412KB, 240x233px
>>383545574
It looks like a proper MH 5.

Fucking tired of hardcore MH fans defending all of the shitty design decisions because "it would fundementally change the game".

People actually used this for defending loading zones so fucking much. Why cant MH be fundamentally changed while still retaining the core of the gameplay? Why the fuck did Blademaster and Gunner need separate armors? Why do paintballs even wear off?

My only current Gripe with worlds is that the hit effects look kinda dull. Miss the blood flash from the older games when you slashed at a monster.
>>
>>383550485
Charm tables
>>
>>383550493
>ugh... f*cking toxic old guard...
>>
>>383550393
I wouldn't recommend Tri or P3rd as they are not the definitive last game of the generation like 3 Ultimate. Both those games are missing things like weapons for one.
>>
>>383545574
I think it looks like shit.
>>
>>383550572
Meh. I didn't bother too much with Charms. When they fixed charms randomness in 4U I took interest again.
>>
>>383550493
There's some merit to those arguments. To be fair, even though it's called Monster Hunter the best part of the series is actually the fights. Not the hunting or tracking down the monster. Since all quests are naturally timed it's all about getting the best time for kills. Shifting focus towards "the hunt" fundamentally changes the game. I'm not saying that they are but in this example the argument is fair.
With that said I'm looking forward to MHW.
>>
>>383549624

>freedom unite
>second game in series

no, it was the fifth game in the series. MH, MHG, MH2, MHF, MHFU

or.. wait, wasn't there a freedom 2? might even be the sixth game. i'm pretty sure freedom 2 had that GS / LS glitch and the real one eared garuga.

we ddin't get MHG, or MH2. MH2 was interesting if anyone wants to emulate it. but it was also pretty harsh. you'd actually scavange your own meals in jumbo and have your felyne cook you stuff up, and there was this weird day and night system + some kind of elder dragon watch event where one of the elders would come to dondruma or however they decided to spell it in 4u.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcHTOy2t_KY

here's the CGI animations from 2. has some interesting shorts of the jumbo chief making his pilgrimage , and starting the village from nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcHTOy2t_KY
>>
>>383551145
>>freedom unite
>>second game in series
>
>no, it was the fifth game in the series. MH, MHG, MH2, MHF, MHFU
>
>or.. wait, wasn't there a freedom 2? might even be the sixth game. i'm pretty sure freedom 2 had that GS / LS glitch and the real one eared garuga.

It's the definitive last game of the 2nd generation. That's the only thing that matters when talking about the different games and the order to play them in.
>>
>>383545574
looks fine, but I dislike some choices.

-rocks instead of blood when you hit the monster
-seeking the monster is WAY too long
>>
>>383551364

oh alright.
>>
File: 1424414682004.jpg (111KB, 745x629px)
1424414682004.jpg
111KB, 745x629px
>>383550493
Anyone compile a list of all the annoying, lazy or outdated bullshit MH still had up until even XX?

>Do quests online, but it only completes for one person
>egg quests are still a thing like it's any fun to have your movement limited while you try and dodge big monsters and if you fuck up you gotta start all over
>making you grind out materials for the first few hours until they decide to unlock (or you stumble upon the right quest) to renew your healing items en mass
>using the same fucking gestures for like 5 years
>the whole box inventory system being fucking clunky
>always having like 3 different timers always going on between hunts to worry about that arent fun or engaging in the slightest
Palico quests should just be an actual mini game, not some timer with light RPG elements
>>
>>383551551

>small monsters not sync'd while playing online
>>
>>383551551
>using the same fucking gestures for like 5 years
I like the over the top and at times goofy gestures.
>>
>>383551145
world has some potential to be dos 2, and bring the lore back to monster hunter.
fuck i hope it does.
>>
>>383550606
>nobody wanted water combat
Speak for yourself anon, I had rarely any problem with underwater combat, and it brought some great monsters; I'd rather fight a plesioth and Lagiacrus underwater, and I bet fighting newer monsters under water would be fun as fuck too, like Zamtrios
>>
I really want it to be good. But util I see a roster and game play of every weapon I must remain apathetic. There better be a roster like 4U, bigger even. But it is much more likely will get 10 monsters shipped with the game and the rest sold as DLC. $20 for a pack of 3 random monsters, one guaranteed to be a large monster.
>>
File: LORDBEERS.jpg (6KB, 300x285px)
LORDBEERS.jpg
6KB, 300x285px
>>383545574
looks fun but im dissapoint i wont get a port to 3ds
>>
They're dumbing down too much shit in order to make the game sell in the west. I don't like where this is going.
>>
>>383549835
>free environmental traps everywhere I dislike, the game is already cheesy enough without them.

I imagine there will be fewer in harder missions or they'll at least be more spread out.
>>
File: Average hunt with mhg.webm (2MB, 720x440px) Image search: [Google]
Average hunt with mhg.webm
2MB, 720x440px
>>383551551
>>Do quests online, but it only completes for one person
This is only true for key quests. IMO that's fine considering there are enough shitters getting carried through online. Make them work a bit for that key quest. Personally I tried all the online quests solo at least twice before looking for multiplayer on that quest. I did almost all of online solo until G2-ish.

>egg quests are still a thing like it's any fun to have your movement limited while you try and dodge big monsters and if you fuck up you gotta start all over
Egg quests can be fun. The chain of ones you had to do in 4U were a blast with the double tigrexes or frenzied rathals/rathian. They weren't urgent either so you can chose not to do them. Imagine egg quests on an open map.

>>383551861
There is a subset of fans that liked underwater and want it back "with a few improvements". Honestly don't think it can be improved without making it very close to land combat. Some weapons like SnS and Dual Blades were completely fucked for range while others were top tier like lances. I'm okay with them trying it for one game and then moving on. Vertical movement is much better anyway.
>>
this game looks fucking retarded who wants to hunt monsters
>>
>>383545574

theres no way it wont be good enough to play at least for a while. do you actually think capcom will release a monster hunter game that isnt worth playing?
>>
I think it looks okay so far, but there's a lot of small things that bug me.

>No blood when hitting monsters, plus the sound for hitting them sounds like shit
>Looks like there's no hub to interact with other players, just instanced areas for each player
>Game looks really fucking dull, holy shit add some brighter colors
>Glowing bug things are way, WAY too bright and almost fucking blind you with how dark the world is
>Glowing bugs also make it harder just to appreciate the really well-made world because they're always so in your face
>Grappling on to the monster is fucking dumb and makes it braindead easy to mount
>New monsters look like shit
>>
>>383552357
Well, judging by every single one of their other recent releases...
>>
>>383552482
Fuckkkkkkkkk this game sounds fucking BAD these things are so SHITTY SIMPLE
>>
>>383552482
>>New monsters look like shit
Get that shit taste outta here.

They havent shown even 1 bad design for World.
>>
>>383552857
Turkeydino looks like shit
>>
File: 1499663052796.jpg (5KB, 135x130px)
1499663052796.jpg
5KB, 135x130px
>>383545574
why didnt they used lifepowder
>>
>>383552857
The new t-rex monster looks like shit, and the lizard just looks like a shitty lizard version of the Zamtrios.
>>
>>383552482
If you are reading this and feel like these are valid points you should dig a bit deeper. A lot of them have already been addressed with the limited info we have. If you are casually seeing the game then you wouldn't be aware of the gameplay demos or the interviews.
>>
>>383553046
wow Im retarded I meant to quote
>>383552124
>>
i remember someone saying a while back that it looked more like a sequel to dragon's dogma instead of mh
which is fine i guess since dd was a pretty good game
>>
>>383553010
>>383553075
Hurr looks like ZimZam because it inflates.

It's a cool ass Iguana with a cool mane and colors.

TurkeyRex looks great for basically a great Jaggi replacement. It's nose popping up is more interesting that just frills on the neck for other starter monsters.
>>
>>383553137
Then why don't you address which one of my points are wrong?
>>
File: 4L_Bnu7diR9.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px)
4L_Bnu7diR9.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>383545574
This game would look so fucking good with a quick Reshade.
Is this going to be released on Pc too?
>>
>>383545574
I fucking hate handhelds as a concept but wanna get into monster hunter, it looks pretty cool
>>
>>383553281
the thing that bugs me is I'm assuming Great Jagyra won't even use it's vomit to make mooks target you or it won't use it's mane for anything despite it clearly being a nod to the mantles hunters can equip since Anjanath doesn't do anything unique despite it's cool design
>>
>>383553447
Jesus fuck do you actually play games with that fucking saturation?
>>
>>383553447
Yes, but it'll be delayed release
>>
>>383552482
Don't have time to go into it but I'll short form some of them:
-Blood could still be in the game. Since they are doing demos it probably won't show
>>Looks like there's no hub to interact with other players, just instanced areas for each player
We don't know that
>Glowing bug things are way, WAY too bright and almost fucking blind you with how dark the world is
>Glowing bugs also make it harder just to appreciate the really well-made world because they're always so in your face
You can choose to level them. They get brighter and bigger as you interact. If you don't then they aren't there.
>New monsters look like shit
We've seen 2 basic monsters. One of which is a jaggi/kut-ku replacement so it's too early to tell.

Keep in mind that this is being made by the A-team led by Capcom CEO's son. I have faith in him.
>>
>>383546000
MHO looked like shit though. Fucking everything had this greasy clay aesthetic. It was awful.
>>
>>383545574
I started the series with MH1 and followed it through its journey. I'm looking forward to a return to something that isn't a handheld. So far what has been shown has me cautiously optimistic.
>>
File: 4L_FBglwfXZ.jpg (3MB, 2423x2044px) Image search: [Google]
4L_FBglwfXZ.jpg
3MB, 2423x2044px
>>383553579
Real world is already too grey, I like to see colors
at least in my vidya
>>
>>383549413
That kinda looks terrible. The monster doesn't move foward after doing its lunge in the three seconds mark, and there's that weird period where it just stands there and does nothing. I know monsters sometimes don't do anything when they're exhausted, but it didn't seem to appear tired in that clip.
>>
>>383553281
>great jagrass
it's dumb and it's name is dumb and i hate it
>>
>>383553448
Literally how. I don't even take mine outside and I like them just as much as my PC.
Vita > 3ds
>>
>>383553641
MHO environments look so bad that the monsters stand out. They also fucked up alot of things like how despite detailing the scales on the Rath's wings and around the webbings; the shell looks like clay. Uragaan is another recent example that looks fucking awful because they made it look like wood instead of stone. Gold Ian doesn't even have a metallic sheen
>>
>>383553745
that looks like shit dude
>>
>>383553805
I have big hands and every experience I've ever had with a handheld has been playing it inside and wishing I could play this on a controller, you're not wrong btw
>>
>>383553745
jesus fuck anon this is awful to look at
>>
>>383546129
my dad works for capcom and said that the game is a masterpiece and that your sources are full of shit
>>
>>383553624
>One of which is a jaggi/kut-ku replacement
I don't think any of the monsters we've seen are that low level.
My bet is they're at R. Ludroth and Gigginox tier.
>>
>>383553750
Monsters have bite animations where they don't move forward. Think rathalos instead of Deviljho. Low rank monsters don't necessarily chain attacks together fiercely. And nobody is expecting a tutorial monster to be hard.
>>
>>383554012
Just get a grip then? A lot of them are designed to feel exactly like a standard controller.
>>
File: 4L_AI8jx2yI.jpg (3MB, 5760x3240px)
4L_AI8jx2yI.jpg
3MB, 5760x3240px
>>383553972
>>383554041

;^)
>>
>>383554158
No, in the E3 interview Anjanath was said to be a pretty low monster but still "a badass" it is more than likely Kut Ku level and Jag is the Drome since it even follows the naming convention
>>
Mantles look to make this game easy mode.

monster has tremmors? just equip this mantle for resistance to it! Wind? yup here's another mantle for that!
>>
>>383554171
Not him but I hate handhelds as well. Underpowered uncomfortable and just no advantages over pc or console except portability which I never utilize. If I'm out and about I don't want to try to focus on a game.
>>
>>383554368
That top left one is just awful. Rest look okay. Especially on an IPS.
>>
>>383554368
GTA5 LSD mod?
>>
>>383553857
They probably wouldn't look so bad if they ported and reworked the Tri models instead of the awful Frontier ones which were ripped from P3rd. It is unreal that Deviljho on a modern PC game looks less detailed and doesn't have attention to detail like the skin flap behind the legs that was in a fucking wii game
>>
File: 1497741898608.jpg (89KB, 847x440px)
1497741898608.jpg
89KB, 847x440px
>>383545574
Very worried about the roster and difficulty of later monsters
Colors look bland and washed out

With this game not being held back by portables having less monsters than portables would be inexcusable
They are trying to """streamline""" the game by making everything flow together and no stopping to perform actions besides attacking and defending, I'm worried that the monsters will still be too slow or the overtime heal will be too fast.They did say monsters will be harder than previous games but we just have to take their word for it because they've only shown tutorial-rex and rathalos.
They've got a year so I'm optimistic.

Unrelated would you unironically want a lmao2longsword weapon?
>>
>>383554379
Well that's too bad. Guess that also means this is yet another game we wont get to bully Kut-Kues, I knew it was almost impossible but I still held out hope.
>>
Might be fun but I haven't played an MH game since MHFU so maybe I should play 3 first.
>>
>>383545574
I like it. Didn't like the older games because they were too difficult and had terrible clunky controls plus I couldn't switch my equipment while on a hunt which was stupid. I'm glad this new game will fix these issues.
>>
File: 1446211201734.jpg (50KB, 426x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446211201734.jpg
50KB, 426x960px
>>383554719
>would you unironically want a lmao2longsword weapon?

I would want a new longswords that actually looks like a longsword rather than generic monster katana #35307.
>>
>>383554714
remember when all Brute Wyverns actually looked like they had skin instead of them all having Uragaan's build?
https://youtu.be/G8rj-lxZ5Z4?t=3m31s
>>
File: (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px)
(You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>383555027
>>
Everyone keeps saying there's no blood but from the Japanese demo they show it actually is in, but later in the hunt, meaning you have to break through the scales and hide first to draw blood and I think that's really cool.
>>
>>383556025
it looks like it only happens to breakable parts. The tail in that stream gradually scarred instead of breakable levels before it was severed
>>
I have a 3DS, what MH should I get??
>>
>>383556225
4U>3U(get 3G for more content and no shitty baseline +50 Defense boost)>vanilla 4>XX>Generations
>>
>>383556209
That probably depends on the monster but if I remember right they hit it's legs and body at the end and there was blood, so it's either not just breakable parts or rather everything breaks to a degree. The stream quality was really bad though, I wish they'd be madmen and release the E3 demo on PSN or something. Would be better than the Marvel one they did.
>>
>>383545574
I'm worried that they went full HD graphics tm and cinematic experience tm, and therephore they could have sacrified on the gameplay. Also, no portable option is a pain in the ass. It should have been a Vita game
>>
>>383556636
Nothing shown has been any more cinematic than it's always been, and the gameplay has all been shown to still be intact alongside the new mechanics that compliment it. Personally I'll never understand the people that want their large scale giant beast hunting games to be on a tiny screen where that sense of scale is lost, but there's always Remote Play at least.
>>
It would be really fucking awesome if they could play on that "monster vs monster" dynamic. For example, you could have an endgame quest where a fatalis intrudes on you and all the neighboring monsters fight him alongside you because fatalis is the biggest threat of all
>>
>>383557036
remote play for 5m away from the ps4, faggot. You can't play it on the bus
>>
>>383545574
it looks rad as a spin off but I hope this isn't the permanant direction for the series.
>>
>>383557329
Get a big backpack with a power source and your PS4 in it to bring it with you. Or a laptop.
>>
As a Nintenbro a bit disappointed it won't be available on Switch (MH is very to have on a handheld system). But the game looks fun so far. Not absolutely convinced yet by some design decisions (the insects in particular) but appart from that, I'm really happy Capcom is finally bringing something a bit new to the formula.
I'll probably play it on my PC, and take MHXX on my Switch though I'm not too fond of styles /arts unfortunately.
>>
>>383545574
>Watching the trailer at E3
>Shadow of the Colossus remake just got announced
>ARK has been out for over a year

This game, it was made for me. Of course, then I visited /v/ and lo and behold they're claiming the gameplay on offer is shit compared to their banging-rocks-together handheld console ancestors.

Has anyone stopped to think that this is the game they would have made if they didn't have to compromise for the portable crowd that dominates the Japanese game industry with an iron fist?
>>
>>383557604
I guess you mean the vigorwasps, but they seem like they'll be very random, on the move constantly and take a while to gather their stuff. Also only a complete psycho would fully trust bugs in a Monster Hunter game.
>>
Just like every monster hunter before it, the pre-release stuff they show makes me think it's gonna be shit because of all the drastic changes, but I'll probably be pleasantly surprised when I actually get to play it
>>
>>383554714
It's unreal the number of things that got ported away from the Wii edition that saw shittier and shittier textures.

Like, look at Rough Edge and Inceadeus. It's absolutely gross.
>>
Is p3rd the best version to play on PC right now?
>>
>>383558394
which is why I'm so glad alot of shit is being remade in MHW. The Jawblade looks so fantastic from the MHW demo
>>
>>383555462
Remember when Uragaan was actually fun?

I hope they actually put their due diligence in remaking returning monsters from scratch. Porting monsters between generations has been a shitshow so far in general.
>>
>>383545574
Cautious
Lots of changes that seem to be 2 step fowards 1 step back. The speed of the game seems a lot faster and it looks like its going to be quite different from the other games

Normally you'd think it'd be good not to rehash but
>capcom
Its also kind of a shame XX HD isnt coming over
>>
>>383545574
MH was always trash
>>
>>383558698
Or maybe you were always trash.
>>
>>383558589
I don't know why so many monsters got sped up from gen 1 and 2 to 4U but they are so afraid of giving back good features Tri monsters lost. Why does Barroth still reel from it's charge? Why doesn't Uragaan's roar transition hurt you? Even the Deviant doesn't hurt you if it lands the roar and initial chin slams.
>>
File: 1499748267465.jpg (32KB, 288x339px) Image search: [Google]
1499748267465.jpg
32KB, 288x339px
>>383558730
Damn...
>>
>>383557604
>the insects in particular
Do you mean stuff like flashflies in the environment, hookbugs to grapple onto for quick movement through the terrain and between different elevations, kickable frogs for in-environment shock traps, or the Vigorwasps?

Because, let me tell you, out of three different videos showing gameplay, I've only seen the Vigorwasp in one. And it happened to be a "Great Vigorwasp", and they pointed out that it happened to be kinda special, too.
>>
>>383558589
>Uragaan was actually fun?
Only one that meets that criteria is Frontier's.

Has an actual moveset outside of rolling around and when it does roll will come back to you so no more chasing across the area.
Nice and cozy compared to the shitshow that was introduced in Tri. That turned into a literal shitshow with its subspecies.
>>
>>383558675
>Lots of changes that seem to be 2 step fowards 1 step back
Such as?
>>
>>383559086
damage numbers, being able to walk at full speed while drinking potions, the grapple hook and environmental traps in general. All make the game a lot easier and if the monsters arent designed around them the quality is gonna suffer. Think Aerial and adept styles for Generations
>>
>>383559073
yes what great """"Moveset additions"""" is turning every chin slam into a massive area attack that causes giant circles of lava to rise! Remember positioning? Fuck that, every monster is going to be """"improved"""" by making giant attacks that either require standing out of range and waiting or pressing using evasion I-frames! Just like Brachydios' punches which are a single attack instead of a two-parter in Frontier!
get the rope, cancer
>>
>>383558804
Fucking Uragaan. I actually went back and played Tri again recently with my old save file with most of the High Rank equipment acquired.

I grabbed low rank gear I hadn't upgraded too far yet, and went hunting for low rank Uragaan, and it actually fucking carted me.

Somewhere between Tri and 3U, Uragaan underwent some weird design change. In Tri, it was actually quite a bit smaller on average than later iterations of the monster - that is to say, its roar transition chinslams actually still do damage, BUT WITH ITS OLD, TRI-SIZED DAMAGE HITBOXES, MAKING IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ACTUALLY PRACTICALLY BE IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY WOULD HURT YOU. Furthermore, in Tri, Uragaan had a move where he'd do a really tight and quick semicircular roll with slight homing that was actually fucking dangerous and could hit you if you weren't keeping track and dodging at the right time and furthermore left him within a reasonable travel distance, but later iterations removed that move (or at least reduced its usage but I can't remember seeing it in recent memory) in favour of a weird fucking, really wide Ï‘ shape that sends him flying off a thousand miles into the sunset, in the direction opposite your hunter.
>>
File: 1426452600581.gif (2MB, 500x281px)
1426452600581.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>383559449
Well, if you want to hang yourself so bad for such blatantly stupid and wrong comments, sure I'll go grab some.

Also Brachy's punches were always a two-part hit in rage mode, the physical punch itself than then explosion so I got no fucking clue what's up your ass about that one.
>>
>>383559284
>damage numbers
...Will make getting accurate motion values for new moves or between entries a lot easier. Furthermore they're fairly inoffensive, compared to MHO at least, AND can be turned off.

>being able to walk at full speed while drinking potions
A consequence of more dangerous monsters, perhaps. Regardless while the system's pros are obvious, it does still have cons.

For example, the old healing system had you actually use the item for an instantaneous heal around halfway through the animation, meaning that if you were shit and did get hit out of it, you either didn't use the item or you had a full potion's worth of buffer to the damage taken.

Meanwhile, the new healing system is gradual from the moment you use the item, meaning it is -always- consumed. If you get hit out of it, you lose some of that healing value, and if you deliberately dodge roll out of it to avoid a hit, you STILL lose some of that healing value, a factor that often gets overlooked.

>the grapple hook
Cannot be used just anywhere. The environment has specific points for use, as marked by Hookbugs. And those points are likely destructible or limited usage, on top of being fixed areas - essentially, they're ledges without actual ledges. As for hooking back onto the monster if you fuck up a mount or the monster does something to interrupt it, that is probably either on you to have the reflexes to perform, or just a cinematic thing for the mounting system, either way it makes it more interesting.

Expect hookbug points to be the next "why the fuck is that guy standing over there trying to lure the monster over just so he can do aerial attacks" thing.

>environmental traps in general
Environmental traps have been a thing for a while. Getting Diablos's horns stuck, goading a monster into crashing into a wall while charging, sonic bombing Diablos or Agnaktor as they're coming out of the ground, staggering or tripping a monster while on a vine canopy...
>>
>>383560130
I also forgot to mention for the damage numbers the justification that damage zones on monsters are gonna be a lot more varied and accurate than they used to be, which you can see just from gameplay footage.
>>
>>383559449
In all forms but physical, I am the most complex MonHun weapon
[mashes R+X > Triangle which was apparently nerfed but not really]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOHlTPtugk
>>
>>383545574
Never played a Monster Hunter before because I'm not a Handheld guy but it looks pretty good, I might check it out.
>>
>>383549781
>Frontier is good
No
>>
>>383545574
I don't really get why we need the scout flies when your Palico friends can just sniff the monsters for you.

Voice acting sucks.

I'll wait and see if moving while healing/gathering is good or bad.
>>
>>383560708
Just turn on gibberish. The old language is an option.
>>
A design philosophy that went into the new iterations of every weapon in MHW is the concept of the "big move". Somewhat like the Ultra Burst from the Charge Blade, each weapon will have its own "big move".

For example, the Greatsword now has THREE different types of charge attacks. First is the standard running or neutral charge attack. Second is the Strong Charge, in which the hunter twists around. The third is the "big move", the True Charge, in which you will slam the greatsword down, somersault forward, and then bring it down again for two hits.

The Heavy Bowgun has the Gatling Gun mode.

The Longsword has the [Forward Thrust] Spirit Finisher which is harder to hit, but if landed will cause you to fling yourself up and then do a vertical slash down with all your weight behind it, gaining TWO aura levels -- that is, pushing you from White to Red, for example.

>>383560708
Scoutflies can do more than just track the big monsters. Also they're a general replacement for paintballs which were always kinda silly. Also I don't believe we've heard anything about palicos being able to locate the monster, though I could be wrong.

Voice acting has the CONFIRMED OPTION of being able to change it to Japanese or to, get this, Wyverian. The Aaooh uh Owah gobbledygook language we usually hear.

Gathering has always been one of Monster Hunter's worst aspects because of how tedious it is and how far it exists outside of the usual gameplay loop. Being able to just grab a thing while running by should be fine - I imagine you'll need to sit there for a few moments to actually gather a respectable quantity of shit.
>>
>>383559284
You can't move at full speed. It works like egg carrying, you either walk slow or use stamina for normal running.
>>383560130
From what I've seen, getting hit actually cancels the entire heal before dealing the damage, though I've only seen an interrupted heal once since there aren't many on the demos, but the different coloured bar and item being used up once it's fully over show it as that. I'm willing to bet it's the same for dodging out of it.
>>
>>383560958
hold the phone, they already shown a successful Spirit Finisher landing. It completely dropped the color but the Spirit Meter bar itself was flashing and regenerating. When did they say this is what it does? Did they change the function since the first demo footage?
>>
>>383561089
I noticed that too, but in other footage it went from white to red.

Maybe it is, comparison to Ultra Burst again here, that it does something extra when you do it while red.
>>
>>383561002
Then it's possible I may have misunderstood something about the new system. Just means we'll really be dissecting Gamescon footage this August.
>>
>>383560958
>Paintballs are silly
>When they are simply scented fruit that is put into a canister that easily breaks
>Compared to trained Hound dog bugs that glow like the sun

Scoutflies are pretty silly in my opinion.
Plus, they could just make the monster show up on the mini-map, which they already do when you get close enough. But just do that normally once you spot and/or obtain enough tracking materials. No need for the Fable 3 glowing trail as well.
>>
>>383562761
The concept and visuals of them aren't great, but their execution in gameplay is far and above anything we had before and is really nice. Actually finding and logging tracks and trails of the monsters is awesome, it just doesn't need bright neon bugs for that. I've heard they don't have to be used anyway though, and if something as inconspicuous as the damage numbers can be turned off, I'm hopeful their glowing can be too.
>>
>>383563337
Well, like I said, I'm ok with both styles. I actually like the tracking concept especially if it had a metric to it.
Like a paintball'ed monster will be 100% shown on the map and minimap, but requires you to run into the monster on your own first.
On the other hand using the tracks to find the monster will slowly narrow down the field, like at 0% tracked you've got no clue, but at 50% the monster's location is narrowed down to half of the zones, but requires you to spend time finding and picking up the tracks.

That way it's more of an evolution of a previous mechanic, instead of redoing it. Both options are equally good and it comes down to preference instead of being railroaded into one or the other.
>>
IS MY NIGGA KHEZU COMING BACK
>>
>>383563741
That idea is closer to what we have now though, since finding more tracks builds up yours and the scoutflies knowledge to find tracks that are closer to the target. The thing with paintballs is it was a pretty rudimentary system and monsters never had different spawn points or left trails so you couldn't really track them proper. It would probably work fine in the new game ironically enough with the tracks to follow, but that would pretty much be your idea and a common middleground. I think the new way is a straight improvement overall despite some of the less necessary window dressing, but that's in part due to how much the rest of the game has been improved. Though of course paintballs were originally a thing because of the hardware limitations in the first place.
>>
>>383549364
you can emulate 4U now? damn
>>
Its not 5.
>replace mantles except for the stealth one but make it only useable outside of battle
>change green glow to only mark footprints you're near enough(also should not appear in the mini map)
>give hooks dedicated aiming so you can grapple anywhere instead of specific piints
>>
>>383560130
Still casualized garbage.
>>
>>383565694
>remove mantles which seem like an interesting and active replacement to charms which will be fun to use but require skill with how they break
>I don't see how an ugly visual effect makes it not MH5
>I don't see how making the mechanic more different to what we had before would make it MH5, but I wouldn't mind a full on Lost Planet 2 style anchor, it would probably just be a nightmare for them to balance
>>
>>383560958
>Gathering has always been one of Monster Hunter's worst aspects because of how tedious it is and how far it exists outside of the usual gameplay loop.
Cool. Enjoy your generic casual action game.
>>
>>383548748
But it is clunky. Not to mention entirely arbitrary. Sure, the dumb little flex was entertaining and charming and part of what gave MonHun its character but it is not good game design. Does it force you to make important decisions about when and where you heal instead of just chugging as a panic button? Yes, but it's still poor design to force such a challenge through an arbitrary restriction instead of organically working challenge into scenarios where the player still has their control. So far we've seen the more or less scripted tutorial fight so it's still too early to tell if being able to heal while moving will be balanced in a different way but forcing the player to stop completely to heal AND take EXTRA time to do a pointless animation for no reason whatsoever was still a shit mechanic.
also
>B-B-B-BUT YOU CAN CANCEL THE HEAL IF YOU WANT TO SO IT'S EVEN MORE CASUAL
Yeah, at the cost of the rest of the heal AND you lose the potion so it still punishes you for trying to heal in poor circumstances even if you have the option of backing out.
>>
I'm so sick and tired of Monster Hunter, every god damn time I play it, it's the same shit of gunlance not getting any love by Capcom. Please Capcom, look into your heart and in your infinite kindness and wisdow, please show some mercy to the gunlance for once.
>>
>>383545574
Looks pretty bad, won't play it.
>>
File: 1487433926598.gif (135KB, 150x150px)
1487433926598.gif
135KB, 150x150px
>>383567097
Why do you wish for things that will never happen?
>>
Cautious.

I firmly believe what we have seen so far is close to the finished product, and the fact we only have one hunt repeated three times to go on annoys me.

And what I have seen so far is not terribly convincing. Not because of alleged westernisation or casualisation, but rather because it seems unnecessary to add some of those mechanics when what he had worked fine.

I do like some things, but I'm still waiting for more diverse gameplay.
>>
>2016
>Toukiden is the casual Monster Hunter clone with meme features like wide-open maps, grappling hook, changing equipment mid-hunt
>2017
>Toukiden is more Monster Hunter than an actual mainline Monster Hunter
>>
>>383566674
>thinking something so integral to a game's foundation as animation design and length is just arbitrary and calling bad design when it's not specifically to your taste
>using clunky as a meme word
I think the new change is fine and that you have no idea what you're talking about or what actually goes into designing a videogame despite trying to call game design. So animations are off the table when it comes to balance huh? Looks like that just kiiled 80% of how games can be designed. Also you offer nothing in exchange, and we already know of many ways the new healing has been balanced.
>>
>>383567421
>no loading is a meme feature for casuals
>even MH1 had stuff like the deserts
Christ. I'm not even bothering with the rest.
>>
>>383549763
>hey, I "like" this game, so change it completly or fuck off!
>>
File: 1497958767924.png (459KB, 662x444px) Image search: [Google]
1497958767924.png
459KB, 662x444px
>>383552124
>Egg quests can be fun.
>>
No loading screens (yeah I know but they're well hidden) during a hunt is what I've always wanted.
>>
>>383568485
>1 second loading screens ruin the game for me :(
>having every map be a clusterfuck of ant tunnels is way better!
>>
>>383569853
>I know the entirety of this game's level design based off of a single map with demos focused in select areas when we still see the full map has plenty open areas anyway
>and let me tell you having it all completely cut off between actually 2-3 second load times that split the area and potential for fights and tracking while killing immersion is totes the way to go!
>>
>>383548519
>Not being able to change gear on a hunt is clunky
no it's not, if you're dumb enough to throw yourself in a hunt you're not prepared to it's your fault
>I'd even go as far as saying not being able to fast travel to the camp is clunky
just gtfo
>>
I hope it will be great but it seems worryingly westernized
>>
>>383545574
I've never played the MH games before, but I've always admired them from afar. This one looks pretty solid, and since it's on a console I own I'll definitely be giving it a go. Excited to get to play this series.
>>
>>383570928
I know you don't mean to but this reaction worries me.
People who never liked Monster Hunter are saying they like this. Because it looks like Horizon or something

I am very fucking worried as a Monster Hunter fan.
>>
>>383571291
Then you just sound like an elitist tool.
>>
I'm worried it'll be too casualized, but at the same time my friends actually want to play it as a group so I'm getting it day-1 anyway.

Before I was the only one with a 3DS so even though they thought the games were interesting, they never got into them.
>>
>>383571332
I don't want horizon. I want Monster Hunter. I don't want it casualized so no tard feels like he is a tard.
>>
>>383570729
That guy is retarded but the reason changing gear is added is because you can stay in the map after you complete the quest and there'll be more monsters in general around so you have to make the choice between pulling out and swapping or carrying on. In the old games you'd just pick something that'll cover both like a nonelemental and be done with it, and here that's still an option.
>>383571291
Why would you let more people liking the game worry you exclusively? People like what they like for many reasons, focus on the changes or nonchanges themselves as that's what actually matters here, not that more people are interested. Then you can actually make a compelling case. I say this as another Monster Hunter fan who loves almost everything about MHW so far.
>>
>>383571609
>Why would you let more people liking the game worry you exclusively?
Its not more people. Its just people who always shat on Monster Hunter who are now liking this.

Do you really like how skills seem to work now and how "cinematic" everything looks?
>>
File: 1444583215882.png (26KB, 382x379px)
1444583215882.png
26KB, 382x379px
>>383545574
Looks fun but since this is their first HD game in the franchise I'm skeptical about the amount of content it will have, I'm preparing my asshole for hundreds of dollars worth of DLC.
>>
>>383547276
>sonybros pretending to be nintenbros

I could believe you...but this is not the case
Just look Youtube and Twitter, it's full of Nintendo fans mad about World announcement so it's not just Sonybros pretending being Nintedofags on /v/

I still see comments saying MHW could easily run on Switch
>>
I only really want Lao-shan lung back. I don't think they could change it enough to the point where I wouldn't play.

>>383571609
>In the old games you'd just pick something that'll cover both like a nonelemental and be done with it, and here that's still an option.
How old are we talking? From what my memory tells me was that MHFU had raw weapons being best in the game so that's why you went with that mostly. MH was anything that could stunlock los/ian so I don't think we need to worry about that game.
>>
>>383571682
But we're on /v/, the undisputed homeground of people shitting on things only because they don't understand them. A lot of people will likely be seeing maybe one thing that may or may not even be new, and come in to like the rest. All you have to do is see why they think whatever they think and explain yourself.
Aren't skills just that each armour part grants skills of a certain level and more of the same increases the level? That sounds far better and cleaner than the point mess system we had while still doing the same thing and allowing the same customizability, which was always the main draw for me (after MH1 anyway) Mantles are a cool addition to it as well.
>cinematic
Stop that, the game isn't any more cinematic than the older games were, you're only falling for their demo work.
>>
>>383545574
I am hyped as fuck. I understand the concern people have, but just about all the problems I have with the series go away when it's on PC.
>>
>>383548743
Honestly I can't understand why the fanbase is so uoset about World when shit like original Tri happened

Did we just forget how trash Tri was?
>few monsters, no sub-especies
>removed weapons
>guns weapons in general were trash
>easy as fuck
>fucking Cha-Cha instead Felynes
>underwater combat was poorly executed plus shitty Wii controls didn't help
>no G rank
>>
>>383572319
I am not talking about /v/
I am talking about literally every person I know who always said Monster Hunter looked "too japanese" or "too anime"
And now they all love World.

They hated Monster Hunter when I showed it to them.
>>
As someone who isn't even a hardcore MH fanboy, I hate those tracking bugs. They teased actual engaging gameplay by spotting the footprint, then threw it out the window
>>
>>383571967
I was just speaking generally damage wise, there wasn't too much of a choice asked of you, whereas now it brings it into the hunt but gives more reasons to make a choice.
>>
Monster Hunter World looks awesome, I can't wait to play it. I've tuned out of the conversations with the game for now because the amount of bullshit whining going on about this game is off the scale.
>>
From the demos, I'm a bit worried by the amount of tracking and walking around the stage there is, especially prior to actually fighting the thing.
It feels like they're showing that off as the "big" thing, like, look at all this tracking, clues, detective work to find the monster, and all that, closer to something like say, The Witcher.
Where figuring out what the monster is and tracking it is like, 70% of the hunting experience. I mean, I liked it there, but that's not what I play Monhun for.

For me, Monhun is always about the fights. Me, my weapon, and the monster. Sometimes, with friends too, but that's beside the point.
That's why I personally dislike fights like Lao Shan, the Mohrans, Dalamadur, and Gogmazios, Especially Gog. Fights where there's external influences.
I mean, I don't hate them, and dislike might be too strong a word, but I definitely like them less.
And with World, it feels like they're also building up a lot of environment interactivity, which is cool, like, there are a lot of net positives there, like that water being able to push away the Rath or the Jagrass not being able to pass through a tunnel, but there are things like say, bombing the rocks that do stupid amounts of damage.
That sounds cool at first, but the way people play MH, I can see people just dragging monsters from one environment trap to another in a stage when playing, especially with the way people play now, with meme sets for maximum efficiency.

I'm still being cautiously optimistic of course, but me being optimistic doesn't mean I have to fucking get hype and ignore things I might not like.
>>
I don't care if the game is good or not. The important thing is that Nintendo doesn't have it.
>>
>>383572535
/v/ was just an example, I mean people everywhere tend to make up their minds immediately and disregard things unless something in particular catches their eye. Your friends for example only saw very specific parts (it'd be kinda important what you actually showed them from what game and how you did it) and from then on saw it from their own eyes and interpretation. Keep in mind all you said was nothing to do with the gameplay, and the artstyle hasn't really changed any outside of a little less colour which is more the area. And Monster Hunter in action isn't really the most stereotypically Japanese or anime game. Until X anyway.
>>
>>383572535
>I am talking about literally every person I know who always said Monster Hunter looked "too japanese" or "too anime"
I take things that never happened for 400 Alex.

Also
>being so butthurt that your "friends" have a prefered visual style
>>
>>383572819
I'm not sure about choice, but it definitely encourages farming out weapons I believe. Back in other games you sometimes have the choice of what element to take, knowing one was weak to it and the other monster not, so it became "Which one do I want to steamroll because it fucks me?". With being able to change you can choose to flatten them both with their respective weaknesses.

I don't think it'll matter in the end. But more for earlier hunts.

>>383573165
>meme sets for maximum efficiency
The return of sleepbombing speedruns.
>>
Hope it won't have garbage shit like Gravios or Blos
>>
>>383573609
It's gonna be an almost entirely new monster roster, so at least no gen 1 garbage, and hopefully no snoozefests like jhen morhen
>>
>>383573165
The movement options and seamless areas make travel much quicker and more fun if you want it to be, and all the combat is still fully intact and only made more interesting by the environment . We also haven't seen anyone play well, so I'm certain the damage will even out so that they'll be useful but not overpowering. Getting chased by a monster through the map so that you can hit it with tricks (actually sounds fun) will just be a choice and not guaranteed since you need to know if they're all there. At the end of the day though you can just not use them anyway, and that way people supposedly play now isn't really how the game was or should be.
>>
>>383545574
Besides the scout flies making finding monsters easier, the only other problem I have is with all the advantages a hunter gets from the environment I hope the developers make the monsters more difficult to compensate.
>>
>>383573843
I still don't get why having an easier time finding monsters is that bad.

The way I see it is this:
Do you know the monster's spawn location?
If yes: you go to it, 0 time wasted, provided the monster doesn't just fly all over the fucking place
If no:
Do you have a psychoserum?
if yes: you go to it, 0 time wasted, provided the monster doesn't just fly all over the fucking place
if no: you waste a fuckload of time, sometimes upwards of 10 minutes if you're on a solo hunt and the monster flies around a lot

Scout flies allows the monsters to be more mobile, and thus more "alive", while also not wasting everyone's time constantly. I'm not going to miss wandering around the map to find a monster, it's a fucking time waster and I don't appreciate games wasting my time.
>>
>>383573542
That choice still exists though, but then after it you get the added one of " Do I want to spend time and abandon everyone else while I swap equipment, or will I be ok and faster staying in the fight?". Plus encouraging getting more equipment encourages more varied hunting just a little more.
>>
>>383573690
No Khezu no buy
>>
>>383574038
It also actually gives you something to do while hunting it down and lets you get immersed in the scenery more which is a big deal in the series.
>>
>>383545574
I don't like the colors.
>>
>>383574182
This might be true at the beginning, but after a while all I can feel is anger and frustration that I can't find the fucking monster and it's been 10 minutes.
>>
>>383574046
This sounds like it will lead to people carting because they wanted to change their equipment,, shitters spending a ton of time away for efficiency, and 4 man hunts transforming into 2 man hunt while the rest cycles.
>>
I'm concerned because they seem to be implementing a lot of features that I don't really care about (peashooters, scoutflies, grappling hooks, environmental traps). I worry that the time they've sunk into those detracts from the time spent making actually good features.

Some changes are good, like actual sharpness meters, fast gathering and no loading zones, but there seems to be a lot of bloat on new features.

I also hope that the new monsters are significantly more interesting than G. Jagras and Anjanath, because they bore me to tears as it is.
>>
>>383546129
My nan is actually the lead dev for MHW and she told me to tell you "Tell that cheeky cunt to provide actual details or piss off yeah?"
>>
>>383545574

looks alright. i was never crazy about MH in the first place. i played 3 and 4 but found the gameplay repetitive and UI was like something youd have seen in the very earliest days of vidya. i mean shit, even megaman showed you the boss's HP

the name of the game also annoys me. it isnt "monster hunter" so much as it is "monster finds you and then you smack the ever loving shit out of it with a GS or hammer for 25 minutes"

online functions and multiplayer were reminiscent of PSO except that all the weebs with their chinese longswords were able to hit you and interrupt your actions.

im looking forward to seeing how this attempt to modernize the game works out
>>
>>383574307
I was talking about the scoutflies actually.
>>383574316
Shitters will be shitters, hunts having more avenues, options and requirements for coordination is cool and less casual.
>>
We're moving in the right direction imo, even if it's not a perfect game they can always improve, the only thing that concerns me is the amount of content that's going to be in the base game, especially since we have all 14 weapons.
>>
>>383545574
Day 1 buy and will put a dozen hours into it the first day just like every MH. Gunlance master race.
>>
>>383574690
I agree to a point, except that it seems ot will lead to less crazy antics and more tryharding.
>>
>>383574719
>the only thing that concerns me is the amount of content that's going to be in the base game, especially since we have all 14 weapons.
Why would this concern you?
>>
>>383545574

It doesn't look all that special to me. Like there's nothing to really hype it but improved graphics.
>>
>>383546564
Maybe they wanted to showcase a simpler monster so the new players don't get overwhelmed. *shrug*
>>
I'll just be happy if they have none of the cancerous maps from the early generations of monhun. The only alright ones are marsh and maybe abyssal ridge. Everything else was awful
>>
>>383574412
The enhancements to the areas and environment (which were a very limited thing already) is the first actually worthwhile and developed new feature that fits the game well without being forced since MH2's day and night cycle. Arguably swimming but that came out of nowhere and people were bad at it. The slinger is an extension on the thrown items, scoutflies make finding the monster much more detailed and the grapple just makes the world more fun to go through.
>>
File: 1494282314901.jpg (49KB, 448x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494282314901.jpg
49KB, 448x500px
They should have just made dragons dogma 2 and called it monster hunter world
>>
>>383574902
I don't really see it doing it more than how it is now. If anything there'd be crazy things like someone deciding to go change and running into another big monster and getting chased around.
>>
>>383575360
If you disregard how it has a totally different focus, combat system, world, setting and monsters, yeah it's totally dragon's dogma 2.
>>
>>383575732
Nah I just want dragons dogma but with monster hunter monsters and gear
>>
>>383576071
Lucky you, that's what World is shaping up as.
>>
>>383545574
I'm hyped to get MH back on consoles but pretty worried from what I saw of the gameplay.

I'm not a big fan of all the environmental stuff and the weapon hits lacked impact from what I saw but I'll reserve judgement for now.

I'm also worried that the detailed environments and monster interactions means we'll be getting very few environments and very few monsters. I'm 100% convinced this game won't have G rank, I'll be surprised if it even has high rank desu.
>>
The new more realistic grpahics make the monsters look generic as fuck and I hate it.

That main T-rex like monster with the retarded nose is a really fucking shit design compared to other flagships.
>>
>>383545574
Looks like they focused on the wrong things such as ebin monster vs monster scenes and environmental damage instead of improving the core gameplay
>>
File: image_11.jpg (245KB, 467x3587px)
image_11.jpg
245KB, 467x3587px
>>383545574
waiting for MHWG
>>
>>383578673
But the improved monster AI and seamless reactive environments are actually part of and improve the core gameplay more than anything else?
>>
>>383578854
>seamless reactive environments

what kind of buzzword shit is this
>oh look I can lock onto some invisible grapple bugs flying in the sky to get easy mounts
>oh look I can lock onto this branch and make a rock fall down
>>
>>383545574
there taking the destructible/alterable environments further, which I think is neat. It will add a dynamic feel to fights.

I dislike the fact no blood has been shown after attacks, which takes away the feeling that the player is doing damage to it. Damage numbers are also a negative, and seem pointless if there is no health bar for the monster. IT will only add clutter to the screen.
I have a fear of the game being nickeled and dimed, such as monster packs, new hunting grounds, and collaboration weapons and armors being charged for each company that allows.
>>
>>383578916

Maybe this stuff, and shit like vigorbugs, are there just to lower the skill floor and get more people hooked in the game, and will be progressively hard to find those things in the map as you go on?
>>
>>383578916
The truth? No loading and the whole area is connected = seamless. That area having numerous objects and creatures that can be use to your advantage or destroyed by monsters = reactive. Have you been on /v/ for so long that you get triggered whenever someone actually uses descriptive language properly? Clearly you have with your retarded "point" in greentext that says literally nothing because it ignores everything else about the game so you can paint thing as bad thing like you want to. You need to actually find this stuff and know when to use it, and it won't always be where you want or need it, plus the numbers will be balanced alongside the rest of the game.
>>
>>383579194
Blood gets drawn after you break through the scales by hitting it enough, it shows in the end of the jap demo. The numbers are tiny and can be turned off anyway.
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.