[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried to make this thread a little earlier, but then the bot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: odnsph_banner.jpg (74KB, 1800x636px) Image search: [Google]
odnsph_banner.jpg
74KB, 1800x636px
Tried to make this thread a little earlier, but then the bots came and nuked it out of existence.

Recently got this on the giant ps4 weeb sale, and I am not a fan whatsoever of weeb games, but this is one of the best video games I've played in a very, very long time. That art style, that game design, that -fucking- combat system holy shit.

Can some advanced /v/ giga weebs pass your knowledge and let me know of any games similar or hidden gems on the ps4?

also, main menu thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEdY4T0awhI
>>
friendly bump
>>
I've only played Dragon's Crown but I know "Earth's Dawn" is similar to both of them. I guess it would count as a hidden gem because it's $15 even though it's just a knock-off of Vanillaware. Would recommend if you're looking for something similar and are willing to accept an inferior game for a lower price.
>>
>>383544947
Dragon's Crown is only on ps3, isn't it?

Any plans for a ps4 release?

Looking up DC now and that looks really bloody good.
>>
You can emulate Muramasa for the Wii
I think it also got a Vita port
>>
File: 1498966768024.png (213KB, 744x432px) Image search: [Google]
1498966768024.png
213KB, 744x432px
It's not even a weeb game you buzzword using faggot. Besides vanillaware are all style and no substance.
>>
>>383545364
Hey, no need to get salty bud, just here looking for some fun new videogames to play, really like this genre I've stumbled upon. What would you recommend?
>>
It's entirely Vanillaware's house style. If you like one Vanillaware game you'll like them all.

That said, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir specifically is a remake of Odin Sphere with the combat engine from Dragon's Crown which was a hecka-fun multiplayer game

If you pick up a Vita TV on firesale somewhere then you'll also have access to Muramasa and its DLC, another great Vanilaware joint with fun combat.

Also look forward to 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim, Vanillaware's upcoming game about giant robots, and Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin, a cutesy farming action game similiar to Odin Sphere by developper Edelweiss

Actually Edelweiss mechanically goes for a similar feel to Vanillaware, check out their other games too. Fairy Bloom Freesia was popular.
>>
File: 4535506302359-02_cp.jpg (252KB, 1500x864px) Image search: [Google]
4535506302359-02_cp.jpg
252KB, 1500x864px
>>383545167
The Vita port is the only one that gets all the DLC though, so emulating on Wii is no fun.
>>
>>383545024
It's on Vita as well anon. No news on a PS4 release but it just got taken down from the PSN store in the EU so maybe?
>>
>>383545515
That 13 Setninels looks great anon, thanks

Will have to keep an eye on that Sakuna farming one, that looks a bit odd, but still quite fun.

So if Vanillaware have people trying to copy them, I can only imagine they're the peak of this genre, or atleast one of them?
>>
>>383545364
>Odin Sphere
>No substance
Pick one, and only one
>>
>>383545364
This is a shitty post.
>>
>>383545857
Sidescrolling action games aren't exactly unique to Vanillaware. Vanillaware's do tend to stand out thanks to Kamitami's gorgeous art, though.

The peak would be older companies like Treasure, but you're getting into physical arcade games and the Genesis era at that point.
>>
>>383546432
Making everything so lewd helps as well, I suppose. Kamitami also seems to know how to draw food, it looks incredible in the game
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.