[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /v/'s opinion on this game? I know a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: gw2.jpg (19KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
gw2.jpg
19KB, 290x200px
What's /v/'s opinion on this game? I know a lot of GW1 players don't like it because it's not really similar to GW1 at all, but what about new players or casual players? I personally love the game

also RIP /gw2g/ 2012-2017
>>
>>383526935
I like it for the max level pvp mode.

The questing is alright if you have a populated instance.
>>
>>383526935
Fuck you, fuck this game, and fuck the furry enablers that killed /mmog/
>>
>>383526935
GW1 was great. You had tons of skills for each class and could really make unique builds. GW2 felt more like a themepark mmo with no fucking variety whatsoever.
>>
>>383527050
yeah, doing world events is a lot more fun if you aren't doing it alone like you often end up doing in low level areas. I've been having a blast just doing shit with my guild mates in drytop.

>>383527097
:^)
>>
Pre-ordered this game for the weekend early access because I was bored. I stopped playing it shortly thereafter. Hate it.
>>
>>383526935
I loved its RvR for a few months.
>>
>>383527191
I picked up GW1 a bit after 2 came out, I liked more skill variety but GW1 still feels just as much like a themepark as 2 IMO.
>>
The only MMO I've ever put more then 10 hours into is BDO. I got this and HoT for like ten bucks on CdKeys last week and I've enjoyed it so far. My giant Norn warriorfu is fun to play, minus the boring as all fuck tab-targeting that infeats most MMOs
>>
>>383526935
it's shit, invisible walls everywhere, it's just fashion simulator
>>
>>383527050

You mean the PvP where two people just wail on each other unable to kill each other? Yeah, that sure sounds like a lot of fun...
>>
>>383526935
It's just so fucking boring and it seems to get worse with every update.
>>
>>383526935
Big pile of shit to the point where it's main audience is people collection transmogs to show off.
>>
>>383526935
SJWars 2 is shit and stop shilling this game here
>>
>>383526935
It doesn't deserve to be called Guild Wars 2. I like the game, but after you've completed all the raids and fractals all that's left is open world and that's gotten pretty stale. I'll probably play the next log in to the next living world update, but my drive to continue playing has dipped.
>>
>>383530470
>transmogs
WoW pls leave
>>
File: d4a67f4bb7edcdf86e9db5f92d62fe08.png (129KB, 1128x710px) Image search: [Google]
d4a67f4bb7edcdf86e9db5f92d62fe08.png
129KB, 1128x710px
>>383526935
How about we consult the GW2 sales on how it's doing?
>>
File: guild wars 2.gif (2MB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
guild wars 2.gif
2MB, 299x168px
>>383526935
i love all the character bank&wallet sharing it has. makes me spoiled trying out other mmo's because every fucking thing is character bound in them

gw2 pve group content is shit tho. instance is you just los everything and open world you just zerg the shit out mobs as it only aggros on necromancer/ranger pets only
>>
>>383526935
I like it. Still play it. Just played it.
>>
>>383526935
It's forbidden to talk about GW2 on /v/ OP, just leave and enjoy the game.
And ignore the pile of shit that /gw2g/ is.
And join FUN.
>>
>>383531287
It's the only MMO with a western playerbase in this pic.
>>
>>383529738
while the combat is always tab-target it gets really interesting once you hit level cap and starts doing expansion maps and raids the combat gets a lot more action focused with dodgerolls being required to survive.

>>383530470
main audience is pretty fractured between raiding, fractals, pvp, wvw, or just doing everything for legendaries, what transmogs are you talking about?
>>
>>383526935
Disclaimer: quit before the expansion and never looked back.

I like the way it looks, the different types of races being so varied, and the areas are cool. The gameplay is just anti-fun. Nothing is difficult, keyboard faceroll clears everything. Points of interest are somehow more grindy and less fun than regular questing, events get tired by mid levels. The story is hot garbage too. It's a shame because the art team was on point, and the environment designers did a fantastic job, but it's wasted on such a mediocre game.

Oh and crafting is an utterly futile endeavor, why even have it?
>>
>>383531287
all of those games minus guild wars are mainly asian audiences, which will pretty much always be bigger than US/EU (just look at league of legends)

also I could have sworn lineage 1 had its servers shut down in 2012?
>>
>>383532049
If you do ever decide to come back into the game, all the story content after Living World season 1 is suprisingly good (not perfect, but not bad either), and HoT added a lot of harder content to the game in the form of raids.
>>
>>383532049
You might want to give the expansion a try when it goes f2p because it made the combat so much more satisfying and raised the skill floor by a ton since people were forced to get better to beat the new worlds events or clear high level fractals and raids.
>>
>>383532229
>>383531679
Sorry outdated image, here are the current sales.
>>
>>383529237
I played GW1 from launch and it's about as theme park as an MMO can possibly get. Best in class for theme park MMOs but everything in it is a ride, what with instancing and all.

I miss it so bad. I'll leave your thread alone though since I have nothing nice to say about GW2.
>>
>>383532229
And asian games have monthly subscriptions there, even GW1 did.
>>
the spvp is fun in short bursts, it's the only content that actually uses the combat system to its full potential

anything outside of that is boring crap
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.