[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be one of the most critically acclaimed gaming mascots of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1772.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1772.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>Be one of the most critically acclaimed gaming mascots of all time, filling the childhood of millions with happiness and fun
>Completely die off due to company mishandling and a slew of shitty games
>Studio decides that instead of shitting on you further they're going to lovingly recreate the games that made you a star from scratch
>Add a whole new playable character, tons of quality of life changes, and even time trials to each game while wrapping it all up in a beautiful and fun package
>Music just as good as it ever was
>Rave reviews, everyone loves Crash again even kids
>The only people who complain are totally nitpicking instead of giving constructive criticism
>Fucking Gamespot reviewer doesn't even finish the game before reviewing it
>"It...its hard LIKE DARK SOULS" ( even though Crash precedes Darksouls by a fucking decade and the excellent gameplay is no different in the remaster) or "I c...can't skip the 40 second into screen WAHHH 20 second load times EGGHHH"
>$40

Remind me why this isn't the greatest comeback story in all of vidya? 3 stellar, robust games for 40 bucks and a gaming icon given love, respect, and a bright future due to sales being amazing.

Also Oneyplays is not funny if you're older than 17
>>
Can't really argue it is, I just wonder what the future holds for crash though besides a CTR remaster and such
>>
File: IMG_1633.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1633.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>
>>383518302
>gameplay is no different in the remaster
I've heard people claiming there's something wonky with the borders of hitboxes
>>
>>383518302
Well, the load times are bullshit since the original didn't have a load time longer than a second

And the graphics aren't amazing, they look placticky and lack style, but they serve their purpose as a contemporary remake.
>>
>>383518302
I recently replayed all 3 of the originals on psp. 1 and 2 are still good but 3 is way too easy and has way too many gimmick levels.

Didn't pick up the remasters because I don't think I want to play this type of crash on anything other than a handheld device.
>>
>love crash 2 as a kid
>one of the best games of all time
>never played crash 1
>play it for the first time in 2017
>get to the end
what... what the fuck was that
>>
File: huehuehue.jpg (12KB, 208x147px) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.jpg
12KB, 208x147px
>>383518302
>IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOU MUST BE A XYZ LET'S PLAYER FAN
nice argument fag, the game still has shit collision/hitboxes EVERYBODY that is not retarded noticed
>>
2=3>1
>>
>>383518302
Everyone who is complaining wasn't even born when Crash 3 came out.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (17KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
17KB, 300x259px
>>383520036
The character's hitbox is rounded so you kinda slide off things
>>
>>383521353

If 3 didn't have vehicle/underwater stages it would've been GOAT. Time trials and the powerups you use for them added a lot to the game.
>>
>>383521405
I'm not really feeling a lot of the visual and audio changes. I was watching streams of the game to check how it looks and I don't really see a need to get it that much. I mean I guess the time trials could be cool but in general I prefer the original style. It's just weird because some areas look really good whereas others are pretty lame
>>
>>383520036
>>383521483
this is my only worry about the game
I'm going to get it when I've got nothing else to play, because my backlog is too huge at the moment, but I'm also looking forward to this game
>>
>>383521683
I genuinely like the bike and jet ski levels. Airplane is boring and scuba levels are pretty lame too
>>
I only played Crash 2 and 3 on PS1 just got to play the first one on the remake and man, it's bad, the other two still hold up but aren't amazing or anything.
>>
>>383521483
Was the original like that?

I never noticed the slipping so much before now.
>>
>>383521826
I enjoyed the Jet Ski levels, but the bike ones were always a living hell for me
although I think that might be because of the directional buttons, instead of analogue stick the last time I played it in 2011
is it easier to control in the remake?
>>
Why was Crash 1 even a 3D platformer? most levels are just 2D with some extra rooms with boxes and fruit on the back
>>
>>383521826

One or two (not including bosses) stages like those would be fine. I wouldn't want them completely omitted. I like the offbeat levels like the Hog levels in 1 and the Jetpack levels in 2.

One of the redeeming factors of Wrath of Cortex were having stages that had both platforming and the vehicle stuff. More stuff like that I would not mind.
>>
>>383522135
It wasn't, there are video comparisons out there.
>>
>>383522135
No, it was flat which is why the remake feels off. You can't take jumps the same way because you'll fall off quicker. Apparently those rounded hitboxes are a default in Unity which I think this game was made in
>>
>>383522234
Haven't played the remake. But if I remember right, Crash 3 had analog support so you could have played those levels with the stick
>>
>>383522278
Believe it or not, videogames evolve gradually.
>>
>>383522464
Definitely "feels off" when you make the jump and then noticeably slip off

Probably not something you can easily patch without breaking everything in the game
>>
>>383521483
This pisses me off

Pill shaped hitboxes are a standard hitbox used when I MAKE GAEM because it visually fits models better, and retards pretend that's supposed to make the hitbox more accurate. It's fucking unity tutorial tier.

They should patch it
>>
>>383522278
This was in a time when they were just beginning to figure out 3D games. They literally didn't know what would be the best way to do one and they referred to their game as "Sonic's ass" because you were looking at the character from behind. In the end they settled with this style. Meanwhile Super Mario 64 did that big open levels and tons of movement options thing and it was quite revolutionary at the time. Nowadays I think Crash holds up better as a simple platformer though, but Mario had a big impact at the time
>>
>>383522929
even in skyrim the hitbox is like that and you get stuck and slide down things when falling. It's so bad.
>>
>>383522849
>Probably not something you can easily patch without breaking everything in the game

Nah. There might be some spot somewhere that crash can get stuck that he couldn't before. But that's just about it.
>>
>>383522659
Good Videogames are always good, if they "age badly" it's because they were never good and just relied on technical tour de force to impress but weren't actually that well designed.
>>
>>383522849
I don't know how much it would interfere with things if they changed the hitbox of Crash. Seems doable but I don't really know anything
>>
>>383518302
>Be one of the most critically acclaimed gaming mascots of all time, filling the childhood of millions with happiness and fun
source
>>
>>383523226
I think crash is still fun so I don't think it aged badly at all
>>
>>383523113
Probably the DualShock not existing yet played a part in this too.
>>
>>383518302
>critically acclaimed gaming mascots
yes
>of all time
no
>>
But Crash games had bad music
>>
I agree with everything you said, OP, good post.
>>
>>383523380
2 and 3 are, specially if you exclude 3's gimmick levels but 1 is mostly a not so good 2D platformer, it's not terrible or anything like that but falls short in a lot of areas.
>>
>>383523226
I'm talking about advancements in the genre. Crash wasn't obligated to be an open world platformer like Mario 64, and it wasn't created to be in competition to Mario 64. It just so happens that they both showed up at the same E3. Crash was directly influenced by the likes of Sonic but now you can progress inward, outward, toward left, toward right, ascend, descend. Crash 2 and 3 never aged badly. It's smooth as butter in movement and tech, with analog controls included.
>>
>>383522278
>most levels are just 2D with some extra rooms with boxes and fruit on the back

I'm not going to count but that's just wrong. It's more like 50/50.

>Why was Crash 1 even a 3D platformer?

Because half the levels were 3D
>>
>>383518302
>Music just as good as it ever was
No it's not. They botched a decent amount of some of the songs.

I agree on everything else, but they really needed to being back Josh Mancell to do the music right.
>>
>>383523514
Kill yourself.
>>
>>383518302
>Also Oneyplays is not funny if you're older than 17
22 here, it was funny, it's losing steam now.
>>
Oneyplays really pissed me off, they also got really butthurt that their hugbox fanbase dared question their bitching.
It was like watching DSP, it was 20 episodes of bitching.

>WOW THIS LOOK STUPID!
>I KNOW WURDS LIKE SHADERS
>I MAKE SHIT INDIE GAMES SO I KNOW BETTER
>BUT WE ACTUALLY DO REALLY LIKE IT SO THIS EXCUSES OUR CONSTANT BITCHING
>WHOA! *monkey screams*
>>
>>383518302
26 here
I like the funny screams
>>
>>383518302
If I liked Dark Souls would I like this game?
>>
>>383518302
>20 seconds loads
Is this real? I want to play the trilogy.
>>
>>383523224
It would change all the collisions with every enemy (which explains why collisions are so unreliable and inconsistent). Probably would need some tinkering
>>
>>383521000
Shut the fuck up basement dweller.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.