[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has this "Nintendo's target audience" meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: unknown_smb_release_date.png (93KB, 330x550px) Image search: [Google]
unknown_smb_release_date.png
93KB, 330x550px
Why has this "Nintendo's target audience" meme gotten so out of hand?

Do people genuinely think Nintendo fans only like kiddy games?
I thought it was just a joke, but I see people genuinely convinced that people who play Nintendo games don't like "real" games
>>
Do you genuinely believe there aren't people who have purposefully restricted themselves to only Nintendo consoles?
>>
>>383510424
Those people are probably a small, small fraction of the people that play Nintendo games.
Literally everyone I know that likes Nintendo games at least has a nice PC, and a lot of them have a PS4 or Xbone as well
>>
>>383510330
Most of their franchises are aimed at core gamers. It's just a meme. Sony drones especially believe Sony has done everything for the industry.
>>
>>383510330
>Do people genuinely think Nintendo fans only like kiddy games?

Yes, because Nintendo's target audience is literally children. That's why """adults""" obsessed with a children's toy company are considered pathetic autists
>>
>>383510738
>Yes, because Nintendo's target audience is literally children.
Nintendo's target audience has literally always been "everyone", that includes children. Just because their games don't exclude kids by being M rated doesn't mean they're intended to be played exclusively by children
>>
File: 1395687817047.png (124KB, 383x298px) Image search: [Google]
1395687817047.png
124KB, 383x298px
>Nintendo in 2011+6
Shiteru Gayamoto has spread his aids through Shitendo too much we have to kill him and let the truer spirit odf Ninntendo come back the creativity and real GAMEs Shiteru Gayamaoto ius runining the Mario indusitry he already killed Paper Mario now next games asre ALL GAMES probably ZELDA
>>
All video games are for children and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise
Believing that any game is for "mature adults" is the greatest lie ever told
>>
File: kirby-super-star-02.png (185KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kirby-super-star-02.png
185KB, 640x480px
>>383510805
>this is a mature game meant to played by adults
>>
>>383510982
Why not? Its a fun game
>>
>>383510862
Was it autism?
>>
>>383510567
because they have. faggot.

nintendlards love nintendo because 99% of the games are aimed towards kids aged 8-13. the hobby of being a gamer is already infantilism at its finest. nintendo games only further exacerbate it.
>>
>>383511043
If you're 5 years old, sure
>>
>>383511161
Why are you so self conscious?
Are you really that worried about people seeing you enjoy something that isn't "mature"?
>>
>>383510330
Not everyone that plays nintendo games is part of the target audience.
>>
>>383511248
>Not everyone that plays nintendo games is part of the target audience.
Considering Nintendo's target audience is "everyone", they quite literally are.
There is a reason why most Nintendo games rely on body language rather than actual voice acting or text. They want everyone to be able to enjoy the games, regardless of anything including age and language barriers
>>
>>383511212
Why you so simpleminded and autistic that you enjoy things made for toddlers?
>>
>>383510330
most nintendo games are shit. everyone knows this
>>
>>383511379
Have you ever actually beaten even a 2D mario game without warp pipes?

A lot of Nintendo games start easy, again so that everyone can enjoy them, but they offer quite a bit of fun even for people looking for a challenge. Nintendo just makes well crafted traditional style games. They design the gameplay first, make sure its fun, and build the world around the game.
I understand if you care more about a game having a "mature" setting, but I mostly play games for the gameplay, and Nintendo games are great for that.
>>
>>383510982
MAKE IT GRITTIEEEEEEEEEER
>>
>>383511550
>They design the gameplay first, make sure its fun

Explain shitter star and color trash
>>
File: they can't all be zingers.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
they can't all be zingers.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>383511662
You can't hit it out of the park every time. A few mediocre games doesn't mean they're all bad, and you don't have to buy the bad games either. I love Nintendo and I never bought Sticker Star or Colour Splash even though Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door are two of my favourite games. Hell, I didn't even like Super Paper Mario that much
>>
It all comea down to one question.

Do you want to play a movie or a game
>>
>>383510330

The average difficulty of Nintendo first party games is higher than that of Sony or Microsoft first party. The issue is there are a lot of stupid people that equate cartoon graphics to being easy, and realistic graphics to being difficult. The issue with this is it makes no fucking sense and is not how games work.
>>
>>383512045
>he doesn't know about UNSKIPPABLE cutscenes in BoTW and Pokemon SM
at least sonybros and xbros can skip their cutscenes.
>>
>>383511348
Nintendo doesn't get to tell me if a game is aimed at me. They can make whatever they want but when they remove the good parts to make it simpler it is telling who it is really aimed at.
>>
>>383512531
>but when they remove the good parts to make it simpler
This is literally everything that isn't indie games
>>
>>383512661
Irrelevant. This thread is about whether "Nintendo's target audience" is a meme or not.
>>
>>383513046
How is Nintendo's target audience not still "everyone" if they tone down early difficulty a bit to make games less intimidating for less experienced players?

Thats still "everyone"
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.