[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid games are praised for their environments and the ways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Metroid games are praised for their environments and the ways players can explore them, but they've got a lot of combat (and the combat is lackluster, imo). Is mowing down alien fauna supposed to add to the ambiance, or is it just a way to pad out these game? Is skipping the combat part of the appeal of the series' sequence breaking?
>>
why do you think the combat is lackluster
>>
>>383506010
Because it kind of sucks
>>
>>383506010
You just shoot things without rhyme or reason. No precise aiming needed except for a select few bosses.

And as soon as you get the screw track you literally now down like 80% of enemies.
>>
>>383506102
considering you can't articulate why, i'm gonna assume that youre either baiting or you just have very bad opinions
nice job killing your own thread, now no ones gonna respond
>>
>>383505613
If you mean regular enemies, ideally they'd be difficult enough to dispatch that they can get you to low health, and make getting to the next save point/recharge station a more dangerous feeling, anxious experience. Fusion did it well, especially after Yakuza, with the kihunters that did a million damage. It made moving around the reactor core a daunting task. Other games in the series, the enemies are generally very un-threatening, even in later areas. It's fine if they're weak in the beginning, but later enemies generally aren't strong enough to hinder the player in any other way than just being in your way. If you mean bosses, on the other hand, I think all the games had some pretty good bosses. Some were better than others, but they're all fun.

How I see it, anyway.
>>
>>383506010
Speaking strictly about the 2D games here, but the combat is a bit too narrow for my tastes. Most of the common enemies don't take up a lot of vertical space, so I find myself shifting back and forth until I can get them in the sweet spot of Samus' arm cannon in the early part of the games. It's not an issue once you get beams with wider blasts, but I don't find it challenging, just tedious. Plus, like I said, they're usually a distraction. You just blast them, bomb them, or use them as footholds for traveling. The bosses are more interesting, and fighting them requires a bit more thought.

I don't feel the same way about the Prime games, but that's because I can't remember most of them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.