[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't seen a thread on this game. I'm a couple of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3221.png (210KB, 280x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3221.png
210KB, 280x375px
Haven't seen a thread on this game.
I'm a couple of hours in, and I still feel like a little baby when I play.
Any advice/tips/stories?
>>
This game promotes usage of actual strategy rather then raw stat showoffs.

Use barrels and elemental attacks and always disable dangerous foes.

Also do the quests,because thank god,this isin't another fetch quest game.
>>
Regardless of your build try to get the stealth spell and steal literally EVERYTHING. Nobody in the hub towns has any form of stealth check so as long as you have it on you can take anything that isnt nailed down. Pickpocketing is where it gets a little harder.
If you are doing co-op dont do a full mage build because it will make your friend very mad at how often you kill everyone in your party on accident
>>
FUCK RPG CODEX!!!
>>
Grab one of the hireable party members that you won't use and make them your crafter. Crafting can get you some pretty good items and should not be neglected, but it's better to have your main characters focus on combat and exploration skills.

Magic damage doesn't scale as well as melee damage, so later in the game have your mages pick up a shit-ton of buffs to buff up your melee characters so they can destroy everything while being invincible. Also make use of that teleportation spell.
>>
>>383503438
no u
>>
>>383503083
I've noticed that nearly every goddamn quest is a puzzle of finding the right person or the right item, with vague to no hints, which is hella refreshing.
>>383503353
Im playing in my own and have realized paintings are worth an insane amount.
Is pickpocketing worth trying?
>>
File: 20161214183601_1.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161214183601_1.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>Lock boss in conversation with 1 character
>Proceed to throw vases and barrels around all the areas that enemies spawn in
>Fight is now ez pz
>>
>>383503731
Pickpocketing can net you some decent stuff but its not worth the stat investment. For out of combat skills like pickpocketing, telekinesis, and crafting you can find plenty of gear that gives you a bonus in those stats that you can change into when you need to utilize those abilities.
>>
>>383503083
Actual strategy my fucking ass. Lategame is throwing stuns at each other and using summons to absorb those. The ones that go through you facetank with the resist stats. It's fucking garbage.
>>
>>383503758
My friend and I sectioned that area off so we could take the bosses on one at a time, you can also teleport rex around without starting the fight so we took him to the other room to fight as the pillars and stuff in there blocked a bunch of the fireballs he throws at you when the fight starts
>>
Was enjoying the game up until the end, the lore takes a weird turn. The whole "chosen one" thing reminds me of a free to play MMO.
Also not enough male characters. I think the only good tank type character is that scar face woman who leaves if you make the wrong decision.
>>
>>383503941
In my opinion it felt like it was fitting. Really the whole game feels like a D&D campaign gone wrong.
>>
File: picrealted.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
picrealted.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>383502816
>tfw you don't have a gf to play with
>>
>>383503083
>This game promotes usage of actual strategy rather then raw stat showoffs.

Except you can literally spec wrong and be unable to complete the game.

Which, actually, isn't that bad of a thing; it makes it feel like older RPG's.
>>
>>383502816
>stories
This game isn't dynamic, anon. What everyone has played is exactly what you're getting.
>>
>>383504237
How do I not spec wrong? I started with my roommate and we didn't make it very far before we decided to start over
>>
Can someone post the battle theme?
>>
>Looking for starstones you have missed to complete the game

REE I SWEAR TO GOD I HAVE FOUND EVERY ONE I CAN FIND ON GUIDES
>>
>>383504237
>Except you can literally spec wrong and be unable to complete the game.

But you can respec.
>>
File: dv.jpg (21KB, 422x116px) Image search: [Google]
dv.jpg
21KB, 422x116px
Game has some ridiculously OP shit. Pick a mage who focuses on shutting down enemies, clearing debuffs and it trivializes the majority of the fights. I liked it.
>>
i've played trough this game twice already and I want to do it again...

buuuuuuuuuuut I know all the Quests by heart.. is there a way to make the game interesting and kinda new again ? some mods perhaps ?
>>
>>383505458
Made me drop the game then and there. I'm not backtracking the entire world, fuck off.
>>
Personally, I like to use a ton summons. I have a summon on every single one of my characters, not necessarily so much to cause damage as to deflect it. If you have four summons going for the enemies to distribute their damage on then that can be incredibly helpful. Add into the mix the environmental effects of some summons and their immunities and you are all set.

I take you are new to tactics so let me point out a very basic thing:

raw damage is not always the best way to go. A mage who is at half HP can still hit you as hard as at full HP but a mage who is silenced can't cause any damage at all. A fighter at half HP will still hit you as hard but if you freeze him he won't hit you all. See what I am gettin at?
Status effects can turn your enemies into laughing stock.
>>
>>383507465
>I'm not backtracking the entire world

you can teleport virtually everywhere within seconds
>>
>left click on enemy to attack
>enemy's idle animation makes you misclick
>waste all of your AP running into a fire puddle

>carefully find a spot where you can move into melee range of the enemy and still have enough AP left over for attacking
>click to move there
>a non-combat rat critter not bound by combat turns paths into your way, causing your character to circle around the rat and stop short of the enemy
>not enough AP to move and attack anymore

>shoot an enemy with a bow or a spell
>your shot hits the edge of a table just barely in your way
>wasted all your AP on shooting a fucking table

>be in the pirate cave on the shore near the first town
>there are timebombs that cause AoE damage every 10 turns
>enter combat with some skeletons next to a timebomb
>the AoE damage timer keeps ticking in real time instead of becoming turn-based, killing all your dudes while the AI is moving the skeletons around

>accidentally sell an important item to an NPC
>pickpocket it back from her
>succeed, go off on your quest
>1.5 real-time hours later click on the rogue while in a cave in the middle of nowhere
>a dialog box opens
>it's the NPC you pickpocketed
>"Stop right there, criminal scum!"
>two town guards are spawned on top of you
>everyone in the marketplace permanently hostile to you

I wanted to like this game so bad but it's so fucking buggy and clunky all around, making it extremely rage-inducing. Plus the story and writing don't seem particularly interesting either, although I'm only in act 1.

Why is it so damn hard for CRPG devs to make satisfying, fair and tactical turn-based combat? Just use fucking tiles for crying out loud.
>>
teleport is insanely versatile
>>
>>383508798
>infinite electric stun loops
I remember that the first boss at the lighthouse was chainstunned because I shot a Lightning Arrow right as his ghoskeleton dick and all the puddles electrified
Most effective weapon will still be a barrel-filled chest though
>>
>>383508727
And then comb level by level for some fucking stone that I already managed to miss?
Call me a fucking casual but icba.
>>
>>383506675
There are some decent short custom campaigns on the steam workshop, at least for classic.
Unsure about enhanced
>>
>>383506675
Did you feel that the beginning had a pacing problem ?

I rally liked this game for the first few hours but after getting to the first city it becomes such a drag. I don't even know exactly why...
>>
>>383502816
game battles are always just ambushes with numbers advantage, usually with some troll mechanic thrown in for good measure. Use summons to tank all the turn 1 freebie bullshit the AI gets, stuns/knockdowns are mandatory and charm archers.
Also learn rain and tornado skill as you'll be using them every five steps
>>
>>383509864
on subsequent playtroughs, yes. but the first time i played it was just perfect for me. the tutorial caverns and the city too
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.