[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly this game is so praised? So the first thing you see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1492152961087.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
1492152961087.png
623KB, 600x745px
Why exactly this game is so praised?
So the first thing you see is a cutscene that basically spoils the whole game. If you play the tutorial it actually spoils the second character from cutscene too. Fucking nice.
After that game drops you at Liberty Island that is crawling with terrorists despite being an, well, island that has a fucking UNATCO base on it! Naturally, UNATCO sends a complete fucking rookie to apprehend the terrorist leader and save one of the best agents. This could have made sense if our character was special in some way, but guess what, all that nanoaug tech gives us nothing but a fucking flashlight! What a thrill.
Well, maybe the gameplay is good? Fuck no! Both stealth and gunplay are atrocious and the "multiple solutions to one task" bullshit that some fans cite is unsurprisingly bullshit. There are usually three ways to approach any task: direct way (if you find keycodes), hacking (with no penalties whatsoever so that makes the first way pointless) and crawling through ventilation on the other side of the building. It's pretty fucking brainless.
Weapons are shit too. Who the fuck would use assault rifle that takes too much space and spends bullets too fucking fast?
Augs? Yeah, total fucking bullshit too. There are only four good augs (and like 18 in total). Two of them are generic invisibility and regeneration. Other good aug is Speed Enhancement that makes your character run faster (and you character is slow as shit without it) and jump higher - which can sometimes provide skips. Good design.
I could rant about level design or """story""", but it's not worth it. This game sucks.
>>
it's fun
>>
>>383492604
Where?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (501KB, 1944x1162px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
501KB, 1944x1162px
>>383492414
>After that game drops you at Liberty Island that is crawling with terrorists despite being an, well, island that has a fucking UNATCO base on it!

Are you kidding? Thats totally fucking cyber punk. Also the UN basically claiming liberty island as some kind of turf is pretty fucking realistic 7 years ago.
>>
>>383492414
how does it fucking spoil it?
the character is supposed to be a well know celebrity and plays a large part in the agency you work

it makes sense that you would know something about him

that complete rookie is a 50 billion dollar killing machine

augs:
aqualung allows you to find several hidden areas in new york and in hong kong
strenght aug allows you to move the giant boxes to access hidden paths and kill enemies with it (or just block their path so you can escape)
there are several shield augs if you want to quickly run through an area with alerted enemies or to tank a boss
silent running saves a lot of time if youre doing a no kill run
enviromental resistance lets you free up inventory space from the hazard suits and lets you spend more time in dangerous areas
>>
>>383492949
>reddit spacing
argument dismissed
>>
>>383492414
You type like a 12 year old. I don't have the patience to explain to you why a game that came out before you were born is good.
>>
File: 1353305948429.jpg (5KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1353305948429.jpg
5KB, 350x260px
>>383492414
>usually three ways to approach any task
5/10 made me read until this
>>
>>383493478
>>383493390
Not an argument.
>>
>>383492414
>There are only four good augs (and like 18 in total).
>not mentioning the goat Agressive Defense System

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>383492949
>how does it fucking spoil it?
I don't know... Maybe by telling that UNATCO is corrupt and Grey Death is a conspiracy?

>that complete rookie is a 50 billion dollar killing machine
Yeah, killing machine with no combat experience. You're dismissing the fact that most of that sum was spent to allow nanoaugs and at the start of the game you have 0 augs that help combat.
Also, why not just send Paul?

>aqualung allows you to find several hidden areas in new york and in hong kong
With 0 good loot. Also, rebreathers.

>there are several shield augs if you want to quickly run through an area with alerted enemies or to tank a boss
Extremely redundant.

>enviromental resistance lets you free up inventory space from the hazard suits and lets you spend more time in dangerous areas
How many dangerous areas there are? Most of the time you can run through them with no issue.

There are no reasons to use those augs because you will probably have a plenty of medikits. But it's not like their alternatives are any better so you might as well take them.

>>383494529
Absolutely useless unless you're total shit player
>>
>>383492414
>I could rant about level design or """story""", but it's not worth it.
that's because you can't
>>
>>383495506
That's because there's too much nonsense.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.