[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Praised when it came out >Praised 11 years later Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 37

>Praised when it came out
>Praised 11 years later

Just admit that it's a great game and that Square needs to really look at what they did right with this game before making their next one.
>>
>>383489012
It's a great game. Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know shit. It's one of the most successful FF games and generally had the best reception since 10.
>>
>>383489012
Somebody enlighten me on why this is so much better than 13
>>
>>383489012
>>383489340
>Horrible battle system
>Grind for AP to use a fucking weapon that's across the other side of the license board
>Grind for gold to buy gambit to use the weapon found in the license board
>Cast magic one by one, losing queue and needing to always have a heal spell
>BUBBLE HASTE BERSERK!
>Horrible characters
>Terrible Star Wars story that doesn't even Star Wars correctly
>10 Races in Ivalice, 5/6 are Humans
>Summons are terrible
>Spells are terrible because of queing
>Forced to use Quickening chains all day every day
>Grind for gold, exp, ap
>Sidequests are hunts, nothing but hunts
>>
>>383490072
It's only mildly better. The only JRPGs you need to play that's dropped in the last 10 years is Xenoblade, Persona 4 and 5.
>>
>>383490072
Both are shit in their own sense. It's just that 12 is a general pile of shit while 13 is one of the really smelly kind that almost knocks you out with its stink.
>>
>>383490954
but ff 12 was better reviewed than all of those
>>
>>383489012

Is this out on Steam yet?

>>383490072

You can move around in battles. Better art style as well. 13 is generic as shit in looks.
>>
>>383490954
Already beat Persona 4 and 5. Hoping Xenoblade gets ported to the switch. I'll play it then

>>383491091
Ah ok thanks. I've got a friend who is convinced that 13 is much better but I've yet to see anything that justifys that
>>
>>383492686
>Is this out on Steam yet?
Yeah, should come out tomorrow.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>tfw this game came out and you were so appalled by it that you were put off single player games completely for over half a decade
>>
I don't know where you've been but most people hated it when it came out and I doubt many of them love it today.

It plays itself and your party has almost nothing to do with the main plot.
>>
I honestly don't know if FF12 still holds up or not.

I played FF12 when it first came out and was blown away by it as being basically an offline MMORPG and instead of playing with a party of real people, you straight up program your allies via Gambits.

I didn't have a machine that could play MMORPG's back then, this was the closest thing I had to an mmo and I loved it, as a result.

Nowadays, you can just play FF14 and FF14 is pretty much the same as FF12, but so much more and you get to talk and do things with people.
>>
>>383492890
>It plays itself
People who have never played it have been using this argument since it came out and it's clear you won't be playing it again so you can continue to use the same argument.

No, the game does not play itself. Gambits are intended for strategy rather than automation. You have to invest heavily in licenses to unlock gambit slots and go out of your way to get the most useful gambits to assemble anything even close to an automated party which isn't even feasible until endgame, and if you actually go through all that effort you'll find that gambits are fucking awesome. The majority of players will only ever use gambits to keep up buffs and automate Cure/Raise.
>>
>>383493797
I had about 45 hours of playtime before I completely dropped the game, and more than 30 of those consisted of nothing but me running into enemies and putting the controller down.

Hell, by the end of it, I was """playing""" the game with my toes while reading books because I was so bored. It was when I noticed I hadn't actually interacted in any meaningful way in more than 20 hours that I decided to never play it again.
>>
File: ondore speaks the truth.jpg (19KB, 75x110px) Image search: [Google]
ondore speaks the truth.jpg
19KB, 75x110px
>>383493973
>>
>>383489012
Worst FF. Good thing that Matsuno hack is blacklisted now.
>>
XII is the third or fourth worst mainline FF period.
>>
>>383494272
How could it possibly be below 1,2,3 and 13? And then there the MMO shit.
>>
>>383489012
Offline mmo
>>
>>383494636
1 is far better, it's a perfectly fine JRPG that's enjoyable to play, and you actually have to do things like push buttons and choose attacks.

2 is the worst game in the series hands down, it borders on being legitimately unplayable, the music and story are good, everything else is terrible.

3 is mediocre. The music is amazing and it has the based job system, but it's too fucking grindy.

13 is why I said third or fourth, they're both awful, probably about equally so. Also, complaining about MMO shit when defending a single player MMO is sad
>>
>>383494917
Maybe because it's not a single player MMO you fucking retard. That makes no sense.
>>
>>383495131
except it definitely is, same with Xenoblade Chronicles.

Only Xenoblade Chronicles had an actually good battle system where you actually had to play the game and keep your hands on the controller at all times.
>>
>Complain about gambits
>Why not turn off gambits
>Complain about micromanaging party
People want to bitch either way, or shitpost
>>
>>383489012
For those idiots who shit on the gambit system, FFXII cleverly alleviates the problem of CPU-controlled party members behaving badly.

But I guess you faggots like bad AI and zero options instead don't you?
>>
>>383493797
Lol I remember setting up my gambits, got a rubber band stuck on the analog stick making the characters circle an area and left the game running while I went to school. when I came back home I was already level 99 lmao
>>
>>383490496
>Spells are terrible because of queing
You overplayed your hand.
>>
>>383494917
>2 is the worst game in the series hands down
Someone hasn't played XV.
>>
>>383495578
And thus you have just touched upon the greatest flaw of FFXII: No matter whether you decide to play the game or not, it is not enjoyable and feels like shit.

If you just have it play itself you're not even playing a game. If you do play it all you get is clunky menus, constant pausing, shitty animations and sound effects with no impact, and slow pacing.

The game itself is just a piece of shit and not worth playing. Xenoblade Chronicles took the single player MMO concept and made an actually enjoyable game out of it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (76KB, 699x434px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
76KB, 699x434px
>>383490496
speaking of races in FF12

I don't remember a bangaa ever having a single voice audio line in the entire game. There were a few of them in the Rabanastre bazaar, but they're so underrepresented in FF12.
>>
>>383495943
I did play XV, all the way through, twice.

It's a mediocre game. Which is to say, it is at least a million times superior to II, which is one of the worst JRPGs ever made, and the worst game in the franchise period.
>>
>>383495943
someone hasnt played II
remakes dont count btw
>>
>>383496093
Ba'Gamnan and his crew did but they were extremely underutilized.
>>
I remember that I had the choice between FF12 and Rouge Galaxy at the time. I chose FF12 because I liked many older titles in the series. I chose wrong. I played Rouge Galaxy a few months ago and liked it despite some flaws way more than 12.
>>
>>383492795

Sounds like brain problems
>>
>>383495758
>>383495578
No, I like controlling my party myself. But in 12 you have to go through shit ton of menus every time you want to cast a single spell to kill 1 of the 70 enemies in the area.
>>
>>383496121
>It's a mediocre game.
It's a dumpster fire. Perhaps the worst hack and slash type game ever created. II is mostly fine outside the leveling system. XV is a mishmash of terrible ideas all leading up to an enormous flaming shit sandwich.
>>
>>383496187
You say 'remakes' like they improve the game.

If anything, the biggest reason I hate Final Fantasy 2 so fucking much it's unbearable is that the original Famicom version is still the best.

Thanks to glitches that allow you to infinite level stats and abuse the game, the game is actually playable. The game is so fucking fundamentally broken that you need to actually cheat to be able to beat it.
And they've remade it probably more than 4 times now. The PS1, the PSP, GBA, and mobile phones all got a port.

And those ports removed the glitches that let you infinite level but kept the utterly broken, completely unplayable core design of the game. They've remade the game so many times and not even once fixed ANY of its flaws, just made them worse. Fuck Square-Enix.
>>
File: 1499700055456.png (27KB, 730x258px) Image search: [Google]
1499700055456.png
27KB, 730x258px
the King of /v/ has spoken, game's shit dont bother
>>
>>383496529
Except you can control your party to if you really want. You are also exaggerating with the menus. It isn't that difficult. You people just want to bitch for nothing.
>>
>>383496545
Maybe so but at least the game is fucking playable, more than I can say for FFII.
>>
>>383489012
Most people hated FF12 when it came out.
>>
>>383496554
> a shitty turn based JRPG where YOU DON'T EVEN TOUCH THE CONTROLLER BECAUSE IT PLAYS ITSELF needs 60 fps

I'm glad he has ass cancer
>>
every ff game deserves some praise except for 9
>>
>>383496015
Really I found it very enjoyable and it felt fun building up the perfect team and their gambits. The animations were superb and better than anything that came before it, just as having battles and map exploration on the same screen. No loading for random encounters, actually no random encounters since you can see any encounters ahead.
>>
>>383496554
He's not dead yet?
>>
>>383489012
Hate ps4, this is my favorite ff to play. No hay buy Sony. Gambit system involved smart planning. Very underrated game to me.
>>
>>383489012

What SE needs to do is look at their wasteful production pipeline. FFXV was biggest fucking shitshow they produced after the merger. No vision, no coherence. They could've made a game that sold just as much for a fraction of the cost if they had their shit together.
>>
>>383496545
>hack and slash
Jesus man, that's doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>383496649
>Maybe so but at least the game is fucking playable
So is II, whose battle mechanics aren't utter shit.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 308x164px
>>383492795
Second best song right behind Devil in a New Dress
>>
>>383496887
XV's combat is hack and slash/Action RPG-like in the vein of KH, Dragon's Dogma, Souls, God of War, DMC, etc. It's just fucking terrible.
>>
>>383490072
>amazing art style
>simple story, some give it shit for this but its better than the confusing mess that is 13
>ridiculous amount of content
>in-depth leveling system (not in the US version)
>>
>>383496905
>the game where you have to hit yourself for 20 hours in order to level up
>the game that requires literal thousands of spell casts to level them up
>the game where there are end-game level enemies on the starting continent that you can't even damage who one-shot you
>the game where dungeons have dozens of empty rooms that drop you off in the MIDDLE so you have to walk back and get in more random battles
>playable

Final Fantasy II is so fucking awful it makes Unlimited SaGa look like Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>383489012
PC version when
>>
Apparently they took out the trophy sky pirates room since psn trophies are basically the same thing
>>
>>383495943
Dude I hate XV, but there's no way it's worse than 2.
>>
>>383496093
Then you didn't get very far in the game at all. Migelo is a Bangaa and speaks 5 minutes into the game and then in the hunts you get to face an old foe who is Bangaa.
>>
>>383497152
>the game where you have to hit yourself for 20 hours in order to level up
Nice exaggeration. Your qualms with the leveling system does not change the fact II's base combat is fine, while XV's is not.
>>
FF 12 was the most disappointing shit ever. Boring characters, boring plot, and even more boring combat.

Even 13 did all of those things better.
>>
>>383490496
Did you know there's an entire fishing minigame that you get with multiple places to fish after doing a sidequest that isn't just hunts?
>>
>>383497217
I thought Migelo was No Mou
>>
File: hahayis.jpg (18KB, 362x357px) Image search: [Google]
hahayis.jpg
18KB, 362x357px
>>383496554
>uses 30 fps as a excuse to not play games.
>continues to buy hundreds of dollars worth of micro transactions in mobile games.
>>
>>383497417
Nope. Nu Mou are little dudes, Migelo was a Bangaa with facial hair. You see some of them around.
>>
>>383489012
Does anybody know if the English VA still sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom stall?
>>
I might end up getting this one even though I have the original PS2 version (the US version). I don't feel like digging out and hooking up my PS2.
>>
>>383497574
It's not compressed any more.
>>
I think a way they could have incorporated Montblanc's Guild and the ever rotating 4th Guest spot would be recruiting NPCs from the guild to assist on certain Hunts or Marks.
>>
>>383497574
That was due to audio compression. I'm pretty sure that is not the case with Zodiac Age
>>
>>383497650
So its improved? Got any links to hear it anon? It was my only major complaint about the original game on PS2.
>>
Is it the salty FF13 fags that are shitposting in FF12 threads?
>>
>>383498229
Pretty sure its the 10 fags
>>
>>383498229
>>383498332
joke's on you I hate both those games, XII is just complete dogshit.
>>
>>383498332
Yeah makes sense.

They finally realized how shit 10 is after playing the remaster and feel the need to shit on other games in the series because they're in so much denial.

Could possibly be the 15 fags.
>>
File: 1334418956033.jpg (248KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
1334418956033.jpg
248KB, 800x480px
>>383489012
I love FF12 but it seems to be the most polarising FF game out there except for maybe 8
>>
File: Marquis_Halim_Ondore_IV.jpg (52KB, 593x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Marquis_Halim_Ondore_IV.jpg
52KB, 593x1544px
ARE YOU READY FOR THE REVIVAL OF OLD ASS MEMES??!
>>
>encounter a judge for the first time
>game has been easy modo so far
>get my shit pushed back in
>have to literally use all my available resources and knowledge to beat the boss
>it's only the first real boss

I have some fond memories of this game.
>>
File: hank.gif (988KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
hank.gif
988KB, 500x322px
>>383490496
>op brought up zodiac age
>zodiac replaces license system with jobs
>complains about license system
>>
Reposting shit from some one in an earlier thread

.::God-tier combinations::.

These are the combos that add up to far more than the sum of their parts - so powerful they're practically broken.

Hunter/Breaker: Hunter's ninja swords are one of the best weapons to use with Genji Gloves, and Hunter/Breaker is arguably the best way to do so. This combination gives you 3x swiftness, a decent ranged weapon (hand bomb), all 4 breaks, Genji gear, high strength and HP, and ninja swords.

Hunter/Samurai: Not as strong as Hunter/Breaker but has one huge advantage - this is the only combination that allows for Genji Gloves + Yagyu Darkblade (Dark element weapon) + Black Robes (which boost Dark damage by 50%). In other words, this is THE ultimate Yiazmat killer. You can also easily heal any teammate with dark-absorbing gear by attacking them!

Hunter/White Mage: a nearly invincible healer/tank hybrid. High HP, shields and Main Gauche (a dagger that gives you a whopping 50 evasion) combine with access to all the buff/healing spells to make this the best tank in the game. Even better, you can use the Drain spell to damage enemies while healing yourself.

Black Mage/Monk: perhaps the ultimate offensive magic user. Monk upgrades your Black Mage with 3x swiftness, tons of HP, and access to White Magick 9-13. Being able to exploit Holy weakness is a huge advantage, and the best staff (Staff of the Magi) boosts Holy damage by 50%. This combo also has excellent physical strength, which especially comes in handy earlier in the game before you get all the really good offensive spells.

Black Mage/Red Mage: Another contender for the best offensive mage. Red Mage gets the most powerful elemental spell in the game: Ardor. Unfortunately he gets no fire-boosing gear to make the best of it. This combo lets you use the Flame Staff to boost Ardor by 50%. Oil + Ardor + Flame Staff makes for the highest damage move in the game. A good selection of healing and buffs on top of it.
>>
>>383499553
Samurai/Knight: The syngergy here is incredible. Samurai's katanas do damage based on both strength and magic. Samurai has very high magic power, along with the magic-boosting mystic armor, but has just mediocre strength. Knight has excellent strength and strength-boosting heavy armor, so this combo will greatly increase katana damage. But it gets better. Knight unlocks a bunch of excellent White Magicks, but has lousy magic power. Samurai's magic ability will make those spells far more effective. What's more, this is the only combo in the game that allows White Robes (50% damage boost for Holy element) + Excalibur (Holy elemental sword) + 3x swiftness, making you the ultimate undead slayer.

Samurai/Monk: Similar to the Samurai/Knight combo, this combines Samurai's high magic power with Monk's strength (highest in the game) to greatly boost katana damage. Monk can unlock White Magick 9-13, which benefit from Samurai's excellent magic power.

White Mage/Machinist: This is a nice upgrade for your healer. Machinist gives you lots of HP, 3x swiftness, eventual access to Hastega, and guns (which do fixed damge regardless of your stats, making them ideal for a weak healer-type character). Guns give you a way of doing some decent damage during downtime from healing/buffing. What's more, you can equip Dark Shot + Black Robes to boost their damage by 50% AND heal allies with dark-absorbing gear. Just be sure to set up your gambits so you don't heal any dark-absorbing enemies. If you want to use guns, this is the best combo to do so.

Knight/Time Mage: Time Mage gives the slow Knight 3x swiftness, a ranged weapon (Bowguns), and some decent magic power to make the best of his White Magick. Plus Time Magick, of course. This combo makes for a great attacker with lots of support abilities.
>>
>>383499553
>Hunter's ninja swords are one of the best weapons to use with Genji Gloves
Hunter's get more out of Jackboots than Genji.
>>
>>383499240

The one on the airship? I can't remember if he was before the one at the church. The new boss rush mode has you fighting all FIVE judges at once for the last fight, even ones that you never fight in the main game and that fight is FUCKING ROUGH.
>>
>>383499553
Never played the IZJS version but have character stat growths changed in the Zodiac Age version?
Are certain characters more suited to particular classes because of their stats?

I remember Vaan being the tankiest character in the original for example
>>
>>383489012

the character are boring, you spend so much time walking around the improved version needed a fucking speed up button because open world cancer, and the combat system takes away all the player agency of it, most battle are solved by casting a mixture of bubble and taunt, the vanilla version has a chest that actively punish you for opening it which is like the complete opposite of fun

the only reason people like this game is because everyone goes gaga for "le mature fantasy made by master matsuno and his trumpet fanatic friend hitoshi sakimoto": see vagrant story for another example
>>
>>383500046
I believe basch was the tankiest in the original, vaan was in second i think.
>>
>11 year old game
>remaster on ps4
>30 fps

wat. how the fuck is that even possible
>>
>>383500804
Magic.
>>
>>383500804
uh what? Source?
>>
>>383500804
The game is an old as fuck story heavy RPG made for the PS2.

Chances are most of the animations, especially facial animations, wouldn't work properly in 60fps without major work having to be done.
>>
>>383500804
>>383500995

Digital Foundry. I am not sure if the FPS cap is hardcoded into the mechanics of the game or if the guys doing the remaster just simply were not able to make it run at 60.
>>
>>383500804
>>383500970
>>383500995
>>383501165
dropped, literally unplayable
>>
>>383489012

Loved this game. Un-convoluted story that didn't need a wiki page, lots of side activities and Hunts to do, voice acting that wasn't complete ass. Fucking XIII had to take up nearly a decade with its waifu bullshit and XV took nearly a decade alone. Could have had more solid FF hits like XII but they had to fuck it up for so damn long.
>>
>>383490496
>Cast magic one by one
>Spells are terrible because of queueing
>Summons are terrible

You fucked up. They removed the spell queue and summons (as well as guest party members) are now controllable.

>Terrible story

It's the only good modern FF story
>>
>>383501718
Blame the Japanese demographic, all they want are pretty boys and cringey anime storylines
>>
>>383499553
You can now pick 2 jobs or what?
>>
File: ff.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
is anyone here going to tell me that the ps4 PRO version looks better?
>>
>>383502043
What exactly is the problem ?
>>
>Polygon review
>By a woman
>Doesn't mention that the spell queue is removed
>Doesn't mention that summons are fixed
>Doesn't mention that guest party members are fixed
>Doesn't mention that mist charges were fixed
>Reviewer allegedly played the original for over 300 hours but doesn't even know what spell queueing is
>Doesn't mention 30FPS

Why is every fucking videogame "journalist" such a fucking hack that can't play videogames to save their life? I know it's a woman reviewing the game, but at least one man must've looked it over at some point. It completely blows me away that they posted such a shitty review.
>>
>>383502224
Also,
>doesn't mention that chests were fixed
>>
Give XVI to Yoko Taro and have him collab with Yoshida and Matsuno to make the definitive Ivalice game. Rehire Platinum, Make Nier:A but with an Ivalice skin and there's XVI. No questions asked.
>>
>>383502185

DoF is way too strong but I actually like the darker shadows. New parallax for textures makes a lot of surfaces look better as well. Don't really care about any of this though. All I needed was higher resolution, and all the new features added and I get all of that. Copy arrives tomorrow.
>>
>>383502185
the lightning and depth of field on the ps4 version looks very bad, especially the lightning. you can't see his eyes or any of the facial features, it's just a blur.
>>
>>383502328
Oh still hope you enjoy it anon
>>
>>383502404

Already emulated the IZJS version years ago. I bought this for the two job system which will open up a lot more options for me and just to replay it in general.
>>
>>383502224
What is spell queueing?
>>
File: 1495328585256.jpg (9KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1495328585256.jpg
9KB, 211x246px
This is probably my third favorite FF after 7 & 8.

I seriously don't understand how people could not like this game. At the time it was my most played game ever, clocking over 100 hours just to beat it.

Can't fucking WAIT to play this game again. GameStop said they might be selling it at 9pm tonight!

It's basically going to take over my life again. I nearly failed out of college for this game back when it came out.
>>
>>383502043
I don't really like depth of field and always hope for an option to disable it, but it's also something that looks particularly glaring in static shots while much less annoying in-game where the camera is actively guiding your attention.

Meanwhile the lighting is a massive improvement.
>>
>>383502535
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Effect_Capacity

Basically a limitation of the game being on PS2. They couldn't have too many effects on screen at once or it'd slow the game way down.
>>
>>383502535

Basically while the game has real time combat, spells animations are done in order of when they are queued. So if you are fighting a lot of enemies who are casting spells and you need to cure your party, you have to WAIT till all those spells queued before you to go out before yours is cast. All the while other actions such as physical attacks are slapping your shit in.
>>
>>383495807

This happened.
>>
>>383502798
>>383502773
Looking back now, I totally remember that.

Thank god they fixed it
>>
>>383502224
What did change about mist charges?
>>
I didn't like it that much when it came out, but since like 2010 it started to grow on me. Especially after experiencing Ivalice in Tactics.

Also the XII soundtrack is great, fight me.
>>
>>383499260
Jobs are bad because half of them have no skills, and those that do are hardly worthwhile. Luckily this version alieviates it - somewhat.

>>383490496
Don't forget minimal story and character development which is actually need for once.
>>
>>383502961
They're a separate thing from the MP gauge now so doing a full quickening chain doesn't drain your MP.
>>
>>383502707
>Meanwhile the lighting is a massive improvement.

?? how can you say that. Did you watch the DF video? the lightning is worse, at points you can't even see facial features because of the lightning.
>>
>>383497650
>>383497703
No, boss fights have been uploaded already. Audio is the same.
>>
>>383503312
On close up which is not how you play the majority of the game
>>
>>383503057
So I guess they just refill over time now, right?
>>
>>383503312
Lighting contrasts add much more detail to a scene than extremely minor features on character models ever could.
>>
>>383503539
Yeah, I think they still refill the same way (a little bit refills with every step you take). Not sure if they removed the fact that MP regenerates with each step as it's not needed anymore.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DkcWv-ci1c
>yfw
>>
>>383490072
I think alot of it has to do with the world it portrays. The Ivalice universe is some top tier shit that outshines the combined universes of both XI and XIV.
>>
FF12 was pretty well hated when it came out, it got more love because FF13 was worse

It's like the Zelda cycle, just for FF
>>
>>383503631
>>383503516
hm yeah I guess that's a valid point. I will have to look at more videos before judging it.
>>
>The original people responsible for the localization return for the English version of Zodiac age
I'm fucking hyped. FFXII had a great localization
>>
>>383504367
Honestly i'm playing it right now and i did a side to side comparison with izjs and graphically the remaster feel much better as a whole
>>
>>383504643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9udy1g-Km4
damn straight.
>>
>>383503743
the reorchestrated soundtrack is really nice, they just made it better quality instead of changing it for the worse like in the FFX remaster
>>
>>383489012
No. I actually played it and its not very good.
>>
>>383503631
Does the remaster support HDR? That would be cool.
>>
File: 1371886646066.gif (1017KB, 447x248px) Image search: [Google]
1371886646066.gif
1017KB, 447x248px
>>383499151
>>
File: 1463444045335.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1463444045335.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>383504324
I hated it on release, but it grew on me over the years and now I love it. Probably my favorite FF now along with 8.
>>
>>383500049
Vagrant story actually has a great fucking story.

I'm a plotfag. I love convoluted, needlessly complicated 2deep4 you stories and FF12 does that but not enough.
>>
i legit cant wait to get it.
>>
>40,7 GB
>FFXII could fit in a single layer dvd
Can you at least pre load it?
>>
>>383504828
that is good to hear. I want to get it since I never played the original for more than a couple of hours. I honestly don't even remember why I stopped
>>
I'd put 12 behind 7 out of all of the mainline FF games. 15 tried to copy 12's formula, and it's a fun game, but the story is worse (which is saying something) and the combat is often a mess.
>>
>>383506740
I'd guess it was the licence board, which I remember playing it years ago was a bit too open.
>>
>>383493797
If you set your gambits right, then you could just leave the game and the characters would grind experience for you
>>
>>383492890
>It plays itself*

*if you go through great and intentional personal effort to make the game do so
>>
>>383493797
It completely baffles me why more games don't have a gambit system to customize the AI of party members as opposed to hard-coding it. Are there any games that have something even remotely comparable?
>>
REMINDER: IF YOU DONT GET THE PRE-ORDER VERSION TONIGHT, YOU WILL NOT GET THE ORIGINAL OST.

The original OST is a DLC which costs money.
>>
>>383507094
Yeah that's completely redesigned and rebalanced it's much more fun to assign role to characters and create the combinations you want
>>
>>383507786
>not available on Amazon
Welp
>>
>>383496529
It is a FF where if you want to play like that you really should play with Wait mode on for the menus.
>>
>>383490072
take the two best characters of XIII which is Lightining, and the worst character of XII which is Vaan, and then realize that Vaan is about as interesting as Lightning but at least the game doesn't spend the entirety of the story focused on him, and he actually turns out to be kick-ass in the games that follow, like A2, where Lightning just get's perpetually worse.
>>
>>383492735
They're different. 13 has a really, really well thought out battle system when you're at the optional missions at the end of the fucking game.

12, can be boring but has it's fun moments.

>Opening the wrong treasure chest screws you out of the best weapon in the game

FF12 also has some glaring oversights.
>>
>>383490496
The races are fine. Studies have shown time and time again that humanoid races are the most popular. (BY FAR)

You can satisfie your my little pony fetish somewhere else you degenerate.
>>
>>383498841
What do they taste like?
>>
>>383489012
>>Praised 11 years later
Actually, no it wasn't. FF12 is so far away from what FFX was that we actually thought it sucked.
>>
>>383508680
They added a 1000+ chest into the game now. I think they also changed how they work, but I'm not 100% clear on that.
>>
>>383507612
Star Ocean 5?
>>
>>383508974
Sorry, I should have specified. I meant *good* games.
>>
>>383507463
Offline MMO is a cliché but it kinda fits.

FF12 battle system was boring.
>>
>>383502303
Are you saying me opening a chest doesn't fuck me out of the best weapon in the game anymore?
>>
>>383509125
That's exactly what I'm saying. Actually it was fixed way back in the international version, not Zodiac Age.

http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5751-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-changes-and-additions-what-s-new-in-this-ivalice-remaster

>In the IZJS version, this odd restriction was removed completely. In fact, the Zodiac Spear is obtained in a different place entirely. You can now open all chests without hesitation!
>>
File: 518257508f14dba38514baad700186e3.jpg (341KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
518257508f14dba38514baad700186e3.jpg
341KB, 800x1131px
>>383509125
It hasn't since the original IZJS. Not only that, the Zodiac Spear isn't even the best weapon in the game assuming they don't remove the Seitengrat.
>>
Does ffxii have cute girls? Already bought the game but just wondering...
>>
Is Yiazmat still start fighting, take a nap and hope its done when you wake up?
>>
>>383509065
Dragon Age Origins outright stole it with its tactics system.
>>
>>383498841
except most people actually finished 8
>>
>>383509584
It's been so long since I've played DA:O that I don't remember that at all. Do you have a wiki link or something that explains it? It may be time for me to do another playthrough.
>>
>>383509356

Those invisible gears are broken as fuck anyway and no one outside ultra autists will try to get them. I only got them when emulating IZJS by abusing the FUCK out of save states.
>>
>>383509729
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Tactics_(Origins)
>>
>>383509584
Dragon Age was based (initially) on the old forgotten realms rpgs where you could tinker with your party AI to autismal levels, its not really an XII thing.
>>
>>383503970

What makes Ivalice so great, and is it coming to PC?
>>
>>383509835
>>383509975
What the fuck, how do I not remember this system being in the game at all? It's pretty much exactly gambits (or whatever Forgotten Realms has, I guess. Must've been the inspiration for gambits as well).
>>
I only ever got up to Zombie Dragon/Mateus area and then I lost my memory card, I probably spent like 200 hours on the game but never beat it, If I play it again I probably won't do the international job system, I'll try to beat it on the original license board.

My favorite thing to do in the game is to explore the desert area when you first get Penelo and before she leaves going out doing everything there is to do, which is actually a fuck ton, if you want to see just how much their is to do in XII from the very beggining, this is all the proof you need, it's a lot easier to play manually too when you only have too people in your party and only a handful of spells, I ussually play like this for 20 hours until I have enough to get the really good bows in Nabudis.
>>
>>383508749
It's a fantasy game. If you enjoy monsters and different type of persons in your game that doesn't make you a degenerate. However in the old FF games the only monsters that were NPCs were kupos.
>>
>>383510153
That is strangely autistic, I won't judge you on it. You can stay "ahead of the curve" constantly in XII by doing the hunts as soon as they show up. Killing the yensa in the desert will eventually get their best drop, a very powerful samurai or ninja sword for where you are at the game (which is exactly what you were talking about and reveals I'm as autismal as you when it comes to the game).

>that feel when you kill your first elemental
>>
>>383489012
I was really disappointed by the Zodiac job system. Then as well as now.
I love FFXII though.
>>
>>383510083
Probably because it doesn't work as well as you'd really hope. There's a mod out there that really helps it though.

I think the problem is that in a proper CRPG, positioning can be life and death, making manual commands much more vital. As opposed to FF12 where there are no penalties for getting hit in the back, or running away from an engaged enemy, or whatever. In very niche cases kiting can pay off, or trying to spread out a little bit so not everyone gets caught up in every aoe, but by and large it's not the total gamechanger it often is in CRPGs where an enemy hitting your back will eat you alive.
>>
>>383510470
it's not the usual "grinding early to get ahead of the game early on" type of thing, the early game of FFXII genuinley plays differently from the rest of the game after you get gambits, and I always enjoy getting as much as I can out of this part of the game every time I start it up.
>>
>>383510734
What's that mod called?
>>
>>383510470
>>383510153
Funnily enough, it's actually possible to get the 3rd best (iirc) gun from the bazaar before the tomb of wraithwall. It requires a bit of autism and enemy loot grinding, but it's still amusing to see how much good loot you can get early on in the game when you think you wouldn't, or rather shouldn't be able to get.
>>
>>383496554
>I refuse to play games that don't run at 60FPS
I have never seen someone with his elitism so far up his ass.
>>
>>383489012
It's a shitty game that plays itself for you
>>
File: IMG_0121.jpg (34KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0121.jpg
34KB, 189x267px
>>383489012
Is the plot good?
>>
>>383511261
Conversely I'm working on the best endgame weapons right now and the paths to getting them are way too obscure for what they are. I haven't even bought the canopic jar yet though so maybe I'm making it harder than it needs to be. They really fucked the balance in the game up resource wise.
>in order to get enough money to get the loot increase items you need to grind to get enough loot to sell to the bazaar (better not sell something you'll need later)
>once you have the loot increase items you are so overleveled from the grinding the items don't seem worth it
>you aren't only over leveled, you are legit over powered. Wearing end game equips because in order to make the grinding fun you varied up with some hunts or rare game
>realize you spent the last 20 hours in game grinding level 50 enemies and you are in the 70-75 range
>better go see whats up with that wait y'all place the characters were talking about is.
>>
>>383511717
plot is mostly flat but the backstory comes from a few different pov's and they are all very, very well thought out.
>>
File: Right is remaster.jpg (122KB, 1567x360px) Image search: [Google]
Right is remaster.jpg
122KB, 1567x360px
>>383489012
>Praised when it came out
llol

>>383504367
>>383504828
I don't think it's better as a whole but it's not bat shit ugly like FFX. It's basically more DOF, some SSAO, and changed color grading. They use cinematic tonemapping too which is ugly as hell imo.
>>
>>383489012
FF12 is shit

>story based trilogy
>no story

GREAT TIME AMIRITE
>>
>>383500804
To be honest I can let it slide this time. The game has x2 and x4 speed
>>
File: IMG_0122.jpg (16KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0122.jpg
16KB, 194x259px
>>383489012
Vayne did nothing wrong.
>>
FF12 was the last good FF. No I don't give a fuck about MMOs.

But keep in mind FF15 was also praised, somehow, and a bunch of retards like the FF13 games too.

So you can bet your ass, once Square has unfucked itself enough to start work on it, FF16 (release date: 2049) will be more like FF15 and absolutely nothing like FF12.
>>
>>383511904
>story based trilogy
You wut m8?
>>
>>383500804
It will be 60fps on PC.
>>
How easy is the game? Because with far less licenses per job, you did almost twice as much damage right of the bat and all through the game compared to the original in IZJS.
>>
>>383512098
IIRC XIII also was "locked 30" when it released on PC, so chances are MODS WILL FIX IT when it comes to the PC Version.

But it is still pretty bad, but if it does have 60fps on PC (official or mos) that will be the definitive version.
>>
>>383512542
Easier since now you have 2 boards.

>>383512583
It wasn't. FFX is locked to 30 though.
>>
>>383512583
The PC version will be superior because of modding. I'm hoping you can turn off the ugly new shaders too. Will pirate it either way though this game isn't worth money, never was.
>>
>>383497104
To this day i will never understand what people dont understand about the story of XIII

Like literally ask anything and i can explain it
>>
>>383489012
I never played 12

It looks like it's a lot like the White Knight Chronicles games, and i loved those games, so i may pick this one up

What's the most OP thing i can do in 12 so i can fight superbosses?
>>
>>383512407
Do you even play video games or do you just shitpost?
>>
>>383512954
Bit him but i wouldn't consider 12 to be part of a "trilogy" despite the existence of FFTA and FFTA2

It's more like maybe, shit just happens there
>>
>>383512954
I just don't understand how FF12 is part of a trilogy.
>>
File: Tomb_of_raithwall3.jpg (393KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_of_raithwall3.jpg
393KB, 1440x810px
This game by far have one of the best locations in the series
>>
>>383512954
Do you?
>>
>>383504643
What would change? IZJS didn't seem different from vanilla.

>>383505206
Sounds worse, honestly.
>>
>>383513379
I always liked how it and Rabanastre were designed with the same overarching architectural motifs. Really drove home how ancient Rabanastre is and how connected to Raithwall it was.
>>
File: 1425781901670.jpg (34KB, 458x550px) Image search: [Google]
1425781901670.jpg
34KB, 458x550px
>>383489012

I'm still lukewarm on the battle system, but I really liked all the extra info/worldbuilding in it.

I can only ever recommend it with a 6/10 because of the gameplay though, despite personally feeling it's closer to 8/10.

>>383513206

I think they might mean the following "Ivalice" games (FFTA/2), but I don't really see the connection either outside of there's the same species floating around.

Isn't 12 way in FFT's past or something?
>>
>>383513379
>godawful dungeon inside with samey rooms that would make modern Tales games blush
nah

Same goes for the ice temple, Giruvegan, Pharos, & Great Crystal.
>>
File: Fran getting teased.jpg (196KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fran getting teased.jpg
196KB, 566x800px
Fuck
This
Bunny
>>
Here's a video listing the changes for the remaster if anyone's curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laroUA2xUhs
>>
>>383504868
>the character voices
>ARE EVEN WORSE

What the FUCK
>>
And good lolis in this?
>>
>>383512427
>>383512583
The FFX remaster has been out since, what, 2015 and still doesn't have a full 60fps mod.
>>
>>383514295
They're the same as before
>>
>>383492686
Yes its out
>>
>>383514581
No they're louder than they were. In order to make it seem like they improved them they made the voices louder. It sounds way worse.
>>
>>383514663
They don't sound all that loud at all, get your ears checked
>>
>>383513752
Vaan and Penelo are straight up in FFTA2
>>
>>383514875
I just compared the game to the PS2 version, it's over twice as loud.

Are you getting paid for this? If not fuck off.
>>
>>383515038
>if you don't agree with me, you're a shill
Whatever, kid. They sound the same, it's just fine.
>>
>>383513752
It's the same world but like years apart, son't remember by how much.
>>
>>383513950
All of them look great from the outside, at least they are still better than ff13 's highway roads and ff15's stupid caves and mines.
>>
>>383490496
Final Fantasy XII haters have small dicks.
>>
File: 701.jpg (26KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
701.jpg
26KB, 400x562px
>>383514465
You know it's kinda difficult to put 60fps in a game made for PS2 and only PS2.

It is a remaster not a remake.
>>
>>383513752
IIRC the "Ivalice Timeline" is something like

XII>Revenant Wings>FFTA2(Takes place in actual Ivalice unlike FFTA)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FFT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vagrant Story.

Crystal Defenders is in there somewhere too IIRC.
>>
>>383492686
>>383492764
>>383514584

>Check if it's actually on steam since literally any other FF is there
>It's not
I guess they need to shill their PS4 remaster first because it would be absolutely worthelss if a PC version existed kek
>>
>>383515328
>Vagrant Story
That connection is real thin to be honest.
>>
>>383515328
>Vagrant Story
Now that would be a nice game to see get a remake like what they're doing with SotC; just dumping the mechanics into a new engine and leaving the game unchanged.
>>
>>383515497
So? That's the same deal with the X games and the VII series, not like anything beyond Shinra plays a part in VII, not Sin or the Fayth.
>>
>>383510629
>I was really disappointed by the Zodiac job system.

Why?
>>
I love how everyone parrots the "2 is the worst game in the universe" meme, as if they've even played it. It's a fun game and easy to understand if you have more than 5 braincells
>>
File: 1497819118257.jpg (7KB, 137x130px) Image search: [Google]
1497819118257.jpg
7KB, 137x130px
>no Revenant Wings remake
What a waste.
>>
File: 32313336_p0.jpg (101KB, 1338x1200px) Image search: [Google]
32313336_p0.jpg
101KB, 1338x1200px
>>383515297
That's kind of my point. If a game that was 30fps on PS2 gets remastered and its framerate doesn't increase, chances are its physics are tied to the framerate. I'm almost dead certain that the Kingdom Hearts remasters based their 60fps off of the existing patch for the PS2 isos, hence why it had so many glaring bugs on release.
>>
>>383489012

I liked the soundtrack I guess but the game itself was pretty meh.
>>
>>383515640
The original game allowed you to use the board however you wanted, even going as far as giving everyone the same skills like the sphere grid in FFX. Zodiac version changed it to having unique boards for specially crafted jobs, and the new edition lets you give each character 2 jobs (meaning you can in theory have all 12 jobs mastered by the party).
>>
>>383514581
>>383515196
False.

>>383515254
XV's dungeons at least didn't bore me to sleep and had variances in design from room to room.
>>
>>383512542
>>383512670
Wait can you explain? I only played vanilla. Am I missing something here? Why is it easier?
>>
>>383515624
>That's the same deal with the X games and the VII series

aw fuck off

>but some writer said so

yeah in some interview, so fuck it. Ridley Scott says Deckard is a replicant in interviews too, doesn't mean shit
>>
>>383515952
>false
Not an argument, kid.
>>
>>383515952
>variances
> a rock HERE instead of over THERE

whew
>>
>>383516001
You're free to ignore the connection, but it's there.
>>
>>383516112
>it's there

nah
>>
>>383515951
So you are saying you prefer the old license board?
>>
>>383515196
>matters of volume are an opinion now
Fuck off drone.

>>383515297
>>383514465
It's not hard they're just lazy.
Look at Kingdom Hearts, modders made it 60fps before Square did.
>>
>>383515541
No one ever did this for a ps1 game, better to just remake the game again
>>
>>383516072
Vastly different layouts, assets, and verticality.

>>383516025
The sound is different. I've play the original and patched IZJS versions. I know. What's wrong with being wrong? What's wrong with a minor flaw?
>>
>>383516347
>drone
Nice buzzword, kiddo
>>
>>383515997
1. IZJS is easier because they condensed job boards making characters stronger.
2. Zodiac Age gives you double the jobs.
3. You can play in fast-forward so auto attacking is enough for 99% of the game. You blaze through every enemy except bosses who debuff you(there are like 3).
>>
>>383501165
You could just have the animations stay at 30fps you mouthbreather
>>
>>383516357
That's what I meant though, remake the game with a new engine, but keep all the good shit like the limb-based damage.
>>
>>383516321
I'm fine either way. Some people aren't, but to each their own.
>>
File: 24341500_p0.gif (4KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
24341500_p0.gif
4KB, 150x200px
>>383516547
Do you have any idea how janky that would look?
>>
File: shrug.jpg (404KB, 1500x1323px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
404KB, 1500x1323px
>give everyone the same specs in swords and white magic
>set up gambits
>have everyone cast heal when below 50%
>if else hit enemy
>beat game
>>
Is the zodiac age any different from the original XII apart from the job system/license board?
>>
>>383516967
http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5751-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-changes-and-additions-what-s-new-in-this-ivalice-remaster
>>
>>383516967
Yes but not in ways worth mentioning. The shitty story is still the same.
>>
>>383516967
Some new modes as well, a few of which were in the original rerelease. One is supposed to be a lv.1 mode where you don't gain any levels and will have to strategize to beat everything instead of just getting more powerful in a job
>>
THIRTY
H
I
R
T
Y

FPS
P
S
>>
>>383503970

Uh, Vana'Diel is a much better world than Ivalice
>>
>>383517047
Oh, thanks. It seems like and improvement.
What put me off from the original was mainly bland and uninteresting plot that forced you to cross empty deserts. Well, it's not something that could be changed anyway, but maybe the changed made going through them easier.
>>
>>383496760
stop repeating other retards who also haven't played the game.
>>
I felt more like the characters' accountant or manager, than some hand fate controlling them.
what I remember most is the dumb story
>stupid non-sequitur opening
>Pirates take along little beggar boy and girlfriend even though they are both a massive liability
>Bash doesn't mention that he has a twin even though that could prove him innocent
>pirates have fuckall reason to care about saving tiny micronation
>dude nethecite lmao
>unguarded tunnel straight to capital of largest nation
>most wanted fugitives (including exiled queen of oppressed country can just walk about said capital
>oh yeah the doctor making nethecite was my dad all along XD
>gabranth does nothing yet is on the front fucking cover
>
>>
>>383515328
>FFTA2(Takes place in actual Ivalice unlike FFTA)

Except FFTA does too

You know Mewt is the the fucking librarian who gives Luso the Grimoire right? Mr. RANDALL, god damn, dude
>>
File: 134234.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
134234.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
unlocking after 30min, i dont know why i'm excited but i'm excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3cMGUy28w
>>
>>383516514
>1. IZJS is easier because they condensed job boards making characters stronger.

Why does it being condensed make the characters stronger? Hope that isn't a dumb question btw I'm just not sure here.
>>
>>383515651
I like all the FF games for different reasons
>>
I'm a FF fan and played XII when it first released and it was fucking awful. Hopefully I'll enjoy it this time.
>>
>>383517361
Why would this matter for a single player RPG?
>>
>>383517613
I wonder what does it taste like
>>
>>383517627
Because that's what happened. I don't know the details but basically the vanilla game was balanced around you using all of the board potentially, and IZJS is balanced around you using one class with limited amounts of skills. They didn't do a good job balancing the classes and because they're smaller you completely fill them out before you even finish the game.
>>
>>383515329
PC isn't exactly known for its vibrant JRPG community. You'll get your port in a few months.
>>
>>383515651
Nice bait. 2 is trash.
>>
>>383516889
>he didn't do any of the hunts
>>
>>383517843
there are more JRPGs on PC than PS4 and you can emulate most in existence
>>
Fuck, I love this game. Almost makes me want to buy a ps4. Want to do a proper mage job onry play through.
>some early mid game hunt kicking my ass
>break out the reflect motes and elemental staves and chain cast spells on the party to send three boosted spells per character back at the cunt
>>
>>383517843
stop looking at steam games only.
>>
>>383517361
God I hate graphics whores.
>>
File: Fran sexy.png (2MB, 1200x1550px) Image search: [Google]
Fran sexy.png
2MB, 1200x1550px
>>
Thoughts on kiss me good bye?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MjnnrGLpo
>>
>>383516967
Check out this video.>>383514216
It lists all the changes. To name a few, they added new weapons, changed characters' stat progression and added the ability for each character to take on 2 jobs once they reach a certain point in the game.
>>
>>383517840
Okay that makes sense then. I still want to play this game. Final Fantasy games are generally easy games although FFXII seemed a bit harder than the previous games to me. Not dramatically harder though.
>>
>>383518189
it's the best FF ending song

but FF8's overall ending is still the best
>>
I dread it coming to PC because I know I'll spend 6 million hours on it like I did with the PS2 version
>>
>>383517929
Sure anon but you're too busy with playing LoL or DOTA or whatever.

(Just kidding I know not all PC gamers are cancer)
>>
>>383518031
do it, just get a ps4 slim for cheap, that's what I did recently and got the UC4 bundle and bloodborne for under $300. got the XII remaster CE on amazon for $60 and can't wait to play it again.
I also never got a PS3, so I've been playing through older series' that I missed out on, but I don't regret anything.
>>
>>383517512
weak bait.
>>
>>383518158
Mommy
>>
>>383518383
>FFXII seemed a bit harder than the previous games to me
Hard no. But go hard. I'd emulate it for free though.

>>383518435
Uh no I've never played a casual game in my life.
>>
>>383518189
>>383518390

great composition but cheesy lyrics
>>
>>383518531
what did I get wrong? perhaps I don't remember it as well.
>>
>>383518613
I still got my vanilla copy. In fact I didn't even beat the game until way after it released. This is the problem when you have too many games to play I guess.

I want to do those hunts and fight Gilgamesh.
>>
>PS4 only

Kinda sucks, I only have a ps3 and certainly not buying a ps4 for one game.

Oh well, thank goodness for emulators.
>>
>>383511425
Among other things
>>
>>383519034
why you dont have PS4?
>>
>>383519187
not him but no good games and the games cost money.

most games are ported these days, buying a console is cucky.
>>
>>383518670
Everything you complained about has a reason for happening or existing. I didn't want to just greentext your bullet points because it would make you and I both look bad. The story IS messy but its in a way where history usually is messy and people don't make the best choices. The only point you made that made any sense was why Vaan and Penelo were taken with the adults, that was dumb.
>>
>>383519413
>no good games
don't be silly.
>>
>>383519187
there isn't enough of a reason to buy one and buying a port of an 11 year old game isn't a reason to me.
>>
>>383508749
No cat eared demihumans, so its shit.
>>
>>383519587
I thought GR2 was average for a nip game, everything else is inferior. Bloodborne is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>383509768

The bow isn't too hard to get. I got six of them on an actual PS2. There's a video that shows where to stand and when to check, you have to look at the position of a kid's head. It's a pain and can take a bit, but it's not like, an hours long process or anything.
>>
>>383519587
>>383519187
>Bloodbourne, Last Guardian, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata

not him but those are literally the only games I care about on PS4. one has a PC port (albeit a shitty one) and I can live without the others for a while longer. and, FF12 is a PS2 remaster. no rush to spend money on another console
>>
File: 1345202224040.jpg (51KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1345202224040.jpg
51KB, 240x160px
>>383517525
Yeah i know , what i meant that the Grimoire did a actual transportation instead of making a "fake" Ivalice like it did in TA which didn't take place in the "real" Ivalice.
>>
>>383520130
The PS4 port is shittier. Those games aren't anything to write home about though I've never liked Yakuza. TLG was the worst Team Ico game, Nioh is dated and generic, Bloodborne is just a linear Souls game.
>>
13 is a less bad game than 12 is

Good god, how can anyone defend such a shitty game as FF12
>>
>>383519489
thanks for elaborating
>>
>>383520391
what's wrong with 12

it was pretty fun
>>
>>383497276
You win the award for most retarded person in this thread

Congratulations!
>>
>>383520391
hey it's opposite day
>>
>>383520253
Nice opinions
>>
>>383520174
Ah
>>
>>383520025
>Bloodborne is overrated as fuck.
I agree, but it is still a great game.
>>
File: 1497605447611.jpg (370KB, 778x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1497605447611.jpg
370KB, 778x1153px
Got my preorder in today. Put in 3 hours. That speed thing is pretty great. Waiting for the weekend so I can spend more time on it.
>>
File: 1499644597424.jpg (144KB, 762x785px) Image search: [Google]
1499644597424.jpg
144KB, 762x785px
>>383520391
>13 is a less bad game than 12 is
>>
>>383520391
Dude this bait is getting really boring.

You should stop when nobody falls for it.
>>
>>383489012
12 was only liked by critics and a minority of the fanbase. the game was hated when it drop. especially for the gambit system, Vaan, and the shitty MMO combat.
>>
>>383520871
Think we can break him again and cause him to just endlessly loop the same response like that one time?
>>
>>383511717
Yeah it is, one of the Final Fantasies where the plot carries the game a little more than the characters.
>>
>>383521191
Middle part is real nothing but the FF makes it so much better since that part is quickly gotten through since its just hours of running across a desert.
>>
Does XII have an active mode? Wanna make it harder.
>>
>>383521617
You can just not use the pause function during combat. You can pick all the actions realtime.
>>
>>383520871
How so?

I played 12 from start to finish and it was literally of the most boring jrpgs I've ever played. The plot sucks, the areas suck, fighting sucks, the political shit was a big nothing in the end
>>
>>383522197
good for you
>>
>>383520391
Because /v/ is filled with unironic MMO players that will gobble any garbage as long as it's piss easy as 12
>>
>>383522115
Default looks to pause when you open the menu. That answered my question either way though.
>>
File: idk feeling.jpg (61KB, 483x430px) Image search: [Google]
idk feeling.jpg
61KB, 483x430px
just preordered today

what chars should be what classes?

i played and beat the ps2 game but didnt do much of the side stuff in that game(getting zodiac spear back then was a pain in the ass)
>>
>>383511250

I used to do the same thing. Love fighting Fideliant and Dustia way before it was advisable to do so. My favorite thing to do was steal the wind element knife from the rare wolf enemy you could spawn - that weapon made the game up to the yensa sandsea insanely easy, and then you could get that katana weapon from the urutan exile before going into the tomb of raithwall.
>>
>>383522563
It honestly doesn't matter and it was easily beatable with any composition almost. That said, if you want to get the most out of a second job you gotta pay attention to quickening and esper squares on other boards and how many you can circumvent. For instance, on Knight you can get telekenisis without an esper or quickening if you have the board of a job with the HP+ next to it. Also Zodiac Spear is changed.
>>
File: chaos wrecked.jpg (429KB, 2715x865px) Image search: [Google]
chaos wrecked.jpg
429KB, 2715x865px
Reposting because I'm mad, not that anybody gives a shit about this change though.

>Espers almost universally get buffed
>The weakest Espers had their signature attacks buffed as well
>Checking through all of the changes when I come across Chaos
>His whirlwind attack went from doing some sort of percentage damage to a BASE POWER OF 50
Let me just remind you, Chaos is a fucking level 3 Esper.
>Belias, a level 1 esper has his signature move painflare with a power of 65
>Chaos's ultimate attack has also been nerfed and now has a base power of 100 too, putting it at the same level of Belias once again
Surely that's all though right? Wrong.
>All of his plethora of spells have been stripped away now besides Aeroga.
In what fucking universe is this okay?
>>
>was interested in job system, only played vanilla
>see that remaster somehow dumbs it down even more

vanilla still king, can't get over the weird chest/enemy rescalings too.
>>
>>383523331
Garland a shit. Thats all there is to it.
>>
>>383523372
No no no. Original is braindead. The ZJS takes strategy to use right. Before you could fill in same shit, have a maxed party for everyone. New one you need to carefully consider esper and quickening use.
>>
FFXII is a great game but not everyone is going to like the same stuff.
>>
>>383522974
Don't forget that Quickenings aren't tied to MP anymore so people can still do them instead of having to make sure everyone has large MP pools
>>
>>383523331
>not thinking of espers as anything more than license board unlocks in zodiac
>>
How long befor ethe PC version you guys think?
>>
>>383489012
the battle systems really needs more improvement
>>
>>383523627
Well the attacks can be used now and Espers controlled. So they arent total shit in general anymore.
>>
>>383523582
This also means you can abuse quickening to regain mana, though. Which was pretty much it's most useful trait
>>
Why doesn't Dustia give me exp? What the heck.
>>
>>383489012
It's a sub-par Final Fantasy game that only gets praise because it's better than anything Square-Enix has shit out in years.
>>
>>383523749
Only if you regain enough gauge to do another one soon. And I imagine they're making it so you can't abuse it to the point that the game is just "The Quickening"
>>
Executive meddling really fucked this game. Zodiac edition or not, we'll always be stuck with Vaan and Penelo.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.