[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game's ranking system is fucking shit. >get Platinum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
This game's ranking system is fucking shit.

>get Platinum on time, combo, no damage
>fail QTE twice and die
>lel enjoy your stone award

Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck you Kamiya.
>>
Tbh the QTEs are one of the bigger reasons most NG/DMC fans can't take bayo seriously. Personally while I found them annoying, I actually didn't mind the ones in MGR. I guess Kamiya just doesn't know how to approach them.
>>
>>383484960
>get PURE Platinum on every enemy group
>yet still get normal platinum at total
It is fucking shit, I can confirm
>>
I know people like to complain about QTEs in vidya, but I doubt the legitimacy of your claims of platinuming the actual stage, if you fail a simple fucking QTE.
>>
>>383486458
Yeah, nah. That didn't happen. Unless you were gobbling up lollipop power ups during the mission.
>>
>>383486479
They are 100% accurate. Bayonetta is my favorite action game but the ranking system has a mechanic where dying basically drops you 1 rank, and deaths due to cutscene qtes count so if you're not aware of the stage prior your rank will tank.
>>
>>383486562
Fucking killyourself you piece of shit, that did happen.

I literally grinded pure platinum on the 3 or 4th stage for two days. The reason I never got pure platinum at total must have either been: being too slow, which required me to have better weapons or having to low combo points in total which is bullshit too since I had combo on pure plat in every fight.

I suffered through this shit so dont tell me this did not fucking happen you little twat
>>
File: Kamiya point.jpg (26KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kamiya point.jpg
26KB, 210x240px
>>383487016
pics or gtfo
>>
git gud faget
>>
>>383487389
This was months ago why the fuck should I have made pictures of that

I am like the fucking majority lowlife virgins here, that feel the need to share everything that makes them mad in videogames on chinease image board. So you either have to beleave what I say, or go and fuck off.

I was hyped when Bayonetta came to PC since I never got the secret boss and all the outfits on ps3, but when you cannot possibly get pure platinum on the stages from the start, but need to get endgame equipment to even have a chance getting it makes me want to never play it ever again.
>>
>>383487726
puss puss
>>
File: sesssss.png (475KB, 840x590px) Image search: [Google]
sesssss.png
475KB, 840x590px
>>383484960
Here's a fucking crazy idea for you new bayonetta players. get gud kid or play on easy mode like the fucking little baby man you are.
>>
File: 1473950503458.jpg (169KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1473950503458.jpg
169KB, 1440x810px
>Claim to take plat in combo and no damage
>Cant press a button in the right moment

Sure i believe you anon. Btw thats silver you take, not plat but it can easily mistook.
>>
>>383484960
is there a difference between a platinum and a pure platinum or whatever? Or is that just two platinums?
>>
>>383488890
Pure platinum is when you finish the level with the platinum amount of points, but also take zero damage.
>>
>>383487726
Whatafack there's a secret boss?
>>
>>383489410
There's also secret levels at the end
>>
>>383484960

>1st playthrough problems
If you fail the cutscene QTEs after your first PT you simply have brain issues
>>
>>383487016
>which required me to have better weapons
Did you attempt a pure plat playthrough without being fully equipped with everything? Why the fuck?
>>
>>383486479
I remember working real hard getting pure platnium in a stage once. Cutscene happens, decide to take a breather and put the controller down, QTE happens. I die, have to start the whole thing over again. Fuck QTE
>>
File: 1395795412458.jpg (49KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
1395795412458.jpg
49KB, 616x699px
>Sudden death QTEs
>Kinship platforming
>Motorcycles and Rockets
>Somehow there are Bayonetta 1 purists in existence
>>
>>383484960
How do you fail a qte after the first time you see it?
For real.
>>
I like MGR because even though getting S ranks is piss easy when you figure out the flow, dumb mistakes or missteps can be rectified with a simple restart checkpoint. While with Bayo you have to suffer through painful loading times.
>>
>>383490547
Honestly the visual cue for when to press is just terrible. I have it nailed down now but fuck I was so shit at it at first.
>>
>>383490397
>>Sudden death QTEs
Memorize them after your first pt and stop whining
>>Kinship platforming
Don't be clumsy
>>Motorcycles and Rockets
Use your mouse on the definitive version of the game for these parts
>>
File: 1384265067351.jpg (111KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1384265067351.jpg
111KB, 400x398px
>>383490592
>painful loading times.

>Console players
Takes a whooping 2 seconds on PC.
>>
>>383490719
I'm not saying it ruins the game I'm saying the people who say Bayonetta 1 is perfect and Bayonetta 2 is shit tier are retarded.
>>
>>383490880

Perfect games aren't a thing (if you don't count Final Fantasy 7)
>>
>>383487016
>Fucking killyourself you piece of shit, that did happen.
Nah.

>being too slow, which required me to have better weapons
You're shit.
>>
>>383490823
Alright then, 4 useless inputs and title screen everytime.
>>
QTEs, the motorcycle level, and the arcade shooter level are definitely the worst things about the first game
>>
>>383484960
It's well known that the QTE system in Bayo 1 is terrible, that's why pretty much every Platinum game after it uses a much easier QTE system (Bayo 2 only uses the mash prompts, W101 gives you a summer afternoon to draw a single shape)
>>
>>383490880
Bayo 2 pretty clearly has a much smoother combat system. One of the only things Bayo 1 has over 2 is that 1's ending is much more satisfyingly climactic spectacle wise.
>>
>>383491683
Bayo 2 is a step down combat wise because it relies too heavily on witch time to the point where it's just fucking annoying especially during the balder boss fights
>>
>>383492250
I much prefer Witch Time
>>
>>383487016
Your final score is based on your score in the individual fights, with things like dying or using items any other time in the level detracting from your score. If you didn't die and didn't use any items, then either you DIDN'T get PURE platinum in every fight, or you outright missed one of the fights and thought you did them all.
>>
>>383492370
Good for you, because Witch Time was literally training wheels in the first game and you were intended to grow beyond it if you were actually interested in getting good at the game.
>>
>>383492465
Is it important to be fast, like speedrunning the chapter? I like to take my time and destroy all objects and look for good spots for lewd screenshots
>>
File: whxOYEH1r5jgh9.jpg (48KB, 193x485px) Image search: [Google]
whxOYEH1r5jgh9.jpg
48KB, 193x485px
>The whip is good
I underestimated it.
Glad I get to use the dominatrix outfit after all.
>>
>>383492465
not him but do weapons dropped from enemies count as item use?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.