[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alucard's outfit As a diehard Castlevanka fan,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 446
Thread images: 41

File: castlevania-2.jpg (114KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-2.jpg
114KB, 446x299px
>Alucard's outfit
As a diehard Castlevanka fan, they got my approval.
>>
>>383484514
>No armoured Trevor
Yet so far
>>
File: dn-cv3-trevor-2.jpg (119KB, 693x556px) Image search: [Google]
dn-cv3-trevor-2.jpg
119KB, 693x556px
>>383485079
Trevor never had armor in CV3, he only got the leather armor in Curse of Darkness on PS2 and that's a sequel where his design is supposed to be different.

Also his outfit and color palette are literally based on the sprite, down to the cape.
>>
>>383485668
I was talking about his design here, which seemed to be a cleaned up version of his armor in CV3

https://youtu.be/snjTFEv9Abk
>>
>>383485801
They went for a design that's like a mix between his original sprite and Ayami Kojima redraw in this and personally I don't blame them. I really don't like the non-Kojima CV designs.
The shitty Lugosi Dracula, Alucard aka Lugosi Dracula 2.0, Sypha being a palette swap of White Mage from Final Fantasy 1 and Trevor being a barely altered CV1 Simon sprite (pic related).

tl;dr I've got not complaints about designs because Sypha is 1:1 spot on down to even including a wink at the American manual mistranslation saying she's a man (in this they made her hair short and Trevor says she's dressed like male members of the Speakers), Alucard is literally just his SotN design but unbuttoned (and actually shirtless ala Lords of Shadow 2 Alucard in the scene where he faces Dracula earlier on) and Trevor is "close enough" with just enough artistic liberties taken so he doesn't look like Conan the Barbarian knockoff from the original. Not to mention Simon should be the one looking like Conan anyway.
>>
>>383485801
for me Trevor and Simon always were more like huge dudes a la Conan that defeats evil with pure brute force. Later on the Belmonts got more refined. That is only thing about this new Trevor I dont like that much but since this the only way to make it work Im fine with it.
>>
>>383486503
Simon will have the Conan look if they get to do CV1 adaptation, they said that if this does well they want to do CV1 next, Simon being Trevor's grandson and whatnot so it ties storywise.
After that I assume they'd go with Rondo and then SotN for similar story connection reasons.
But really I doubt they'd make Simon into anything but Conan the Barbarian considering even Ayami Kojima's redesign of him is still Conan, just more bishie.
>>
>>383486886
In the next 8 chapters they are going to continue this story line. There is no plans to adapt the other Castlevanias.
>>
>>383484514
Which Castlevanias are worth playing, mr diehard fan?
And do i need to play them in release order?
>>
>>383487103
Wrong nigger, first of all the 2018 stuff is still part of this season, it's not actually Season 2. They just split it to gauge interest.
Secondly, this shit isn't even episodes, it's 3 movies split into episodes. Ellis wrote this as a movie trilogy and that's how it's also produced, he went to Netflix for more money to finish the project and they demanded it be cut up into episodes so that's what happened, the first movie (the one which was confirmed to not have Grant in it) become Episodes 1-4. Episodes 5-12 are just Movies 2 and 3 respectively.
Anyway Ellis explicitly said he wants to do CV1 after CV3, do your research you cumstain.
>>
>>383484514
I'm still amazed that an US studio can make something that looks like Ninja Scroll with that budget.
>>
>>383487174
Well I feel theres 2 types of Castlevanias

The classic series is all good, while some swear by CV2, I personally don't like it and recommend to skip. But CV 1,3,4, Bloodlines and Rondo of Blood especially are all amazing games that deserve some attention

If you want a more metroid type game, try Symphony of the Night and all the other games that released after that.
>>
>>383487270
>in 2030 we may be able to see Hydro Storm animated in a Rondo of Blood adaptation

That'd be sweet.
>>
>>383487270
Suuure budy. The have a lot of plans since 2015. And that shit already changed a lot since the original script. They are going to continue with this story line. Why people is so dumb is beyond me.
>>
>>383487312

>US Studio

Everyone keeps thinking the show is American animated. It's fucking Korean, the same studio as Korra.
>>
>>383487558
Korra is US animation, that is why is so good if you compared with japan trash.
>>
>>383487174
Lords of Shadow 1-2
>>
>>383487685
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Mir
>>
>>383487174
Most of them, and no you don't.
Anyway they're divided into "Classicvanias" and "Metroidvanias". Classicvanias are based on player lives, platforming with death pits and whatnot on scrolling stages.
Metroidvanias are the exploration focused ones with no fall damage/death pits with RPG elements.

If you don't mind objectively dated mechanics but want to see how it all began, go with Castlevania 1 and Castlevania 3 on NES.
For Castlevania 3, search for the fantranslation of Akumajou Densetsu, the Japanese version of the game, because it has much better music, isn't censored and the gameplay isn't butchered like in the US version.

Then you can move on to SNES with Super Castlevania 4 (which is a reimagining of Castlevania 1, not really a remake though since it changes A LOT) as well as Dracula X, a non-canon game made by Konami of America rather than the Japanese studio, but still very solid and one of the best games on SNES period.

Then you've got Rondo of Blood on PC Engine (also known as TurboGrafx-16 in Murrika, it was called PC Engine in Nippon and Yurop) which is arguably the peak of the Classicvania genre. You'd need to track down a fantranslation and PC Engine emulator, but it's also included fully officially translated in the PSP collection "Dracula X Chronicles", I'll get to that later.

And then there's Bloodlines on SEGA Genesis, another great Classicvania.

Then you've got a remake of CV1 (more faithful than CV4, but still with a lot of changes) on PS1, Castlevania Chronicles which has 2 modes. One is more faithful and the other is more heavily remixed.

Lastly there's Adventure Rebirth on Wii, a remake of an old GameBoy entry in the series, called CV Adventure. Amazing game.

All there are Classicvanias, Metroidvanias next post.

>>383487557
You're so fucking retarded it hurts because nothing changed, the script in this one is still the original Warren Ellis script from 2007, untouched. Confirmed multiple times. It's even got IGA's approval.
>>
>>383484514

Nice 18th century coat to wear in 1456! Totally doesn't look out of place.
>>
>>383487685
Literally most of Japanese animation since mid 00s is actually done in Korea and Philipines, you're a moron.
This is just as much anime as most modern anime. It doesn't even quality as American from Writer/Director/Voice Cast perspective since they're all British aside from Sypha's VA who is Latino.
>>
>>383487914
>realism
>in Castlevania
Summer.
>>
>>383487903
>source my ass
Again dude, keep dreaming with that CV1 adaptation.
>>
Remember when Trevor got the shit kicked out of him by a gay vampire?
>>
>>383487174
Super Castlevania 4 and Symphony of the Night are great starting points.
>>
>>383487174
Anything before SOTN
>>
Are they gonna acknowledge Devil Forgemasters are a thing?
I hope they do, even if really, Trevor and his crew never fought either IIRC
>>
>>383488561
>Super Castlevania 4

I started with 4, found it super boring, then put off the series entirely. It was only after coming back to it with other games that I gave it a proper going.

4 is so slow and boring I have no clue why people like it.
>>
>>383488428
That gay vampire could probably rock your shit and still look fabulous doing it
>>
>>383487174
>>383487903
Cont.
Moving on to Metroidvanias.

First you've got the legendary instant classic, Symphony of the Night on PS1 (also has a garbage port on Saturn, avoid at all cost). Arguably the best game in the franchise, but definitely a bit on the easy side especially once you get some specific items that completely cheese the game. You can go with PS1 original and its memetic translation, which while meme status, is actually fucking terrible and inaccurate. Or you can go with the PSP version in Dracula X Chronicles sports a much better translation, better voice acting (with option for Japanese voices if you want) and new content. Basically PSP is the best version of the game unless you're a 12 year old memelord. DXC also includes original version of Rondo (great port with good translation and dual audio) as well as a 2.5D (3D with 2D gameplay) remake of Rondo which is mixing due to some design choices and the fact it's 30 FPS unlike 60 FPS original. Generally at first only the remake of Rondo is playable and you need to find original Rondo and SotN as unlockables hidden within Rondo remake's stages. If you want you can just download a save from GameFAQs with them unlocked and play through original Rondo->SotN that way. VERY recommended to at least play Rondo before SotN due to SotN being a direct sequel storywise.

Then you've got Circle of the Moon on GBA, really solid game but controls are a bit iffy, if you google "Always Run" cheat for it though that alleviates most of the control problems. Without a doubt the hardest Metroidvania, it's not-canon but nobody plays these games for story desu and gameplay is amazing. One of best incarnations of final boss Dracula as well.

Harmony of Dissonance, also on GBA, is basically SotN but with a Belmont (whip-only user), recycling a lot of SotN's assets and being very similar in structure. Awful audio quality and seizure inducing technicolor visuals since they were playing with GBA's potential.

Cont next post
>>
>>383487174
Release order is a good start.

Rondo of Blood (PC Engine, PSP) is the best Classicvania
>>
Ellis is a poor writer, and it made this adaptation poor.
>>
>>383488638

Nostalgia. 1-4 have not aged well. SoTN and RoB are the limits of where the series can still be played today, and still hold up.
>>
>>383488638
>4 is so slow and boring

Then stay away from NES trilogy you pleb. You might just faint.
>>
>>383488976
the NES games didn't have an omnidirectional whip the game is clearly not balanced around
>>
>>383484514
looks gay
>>
>>383489035
Go away Arin.
>>
File: 1462577928092.jpg (8KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
1462577928092.jpg
8KB, 276x277px
>everyone like the new castlevania show, from /v/, /tv/, and /tg/ too
>/a/ the bitter assholes who have a mentally ill obsession with Japan hate the fuck out of it because it's "western trash"

I legit hate the weebs of 4chan. Purge when?
>>
>>383488665
Finally Aria of Sorrow on GBA, took what made SotN great and expanded upon it, being inferior to SotN only in visuals and audio due to GBA hardware but much better in gameplay, balance and design.

Then you've got the three games on DS.
Dawn of Sorrow is a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow, so basically expect more of that just with prettier visuals and better audio quality, but portraits got changed into really shity generic anime style. Also features really shitty touchscreen gimmick in a couple of places.
Has absolutely amazing unlockable extra mode where you play as 3 characters (controlling 1 and switching between them at will) with different story and final boss.

Portrait of Ruin, innovates a bit by taking character switching from DoS' extra mode and makes it the main focus of the game, you play as two characters and some bosses and obstacles require you to use both to proceed so you can't just dedicate to one of them.
Final boss, in a mirror to you controlling 2 characters, is also 2 enemies at once.

Finally Order of Ecclesia, mix of Classicvania and Metroidvania design. It's stage based, but the stages are semi exploration/open like in Metroidvania. The second hardest Metroidvania next to CotM, good gameplay and amazing music. One of best Dracula final bosses in the series in terms of mechanics and difficulty.

Then you've got the ugly ducklings in the series:
CV2 on NES, a genuinely awful game that's best left forgotten, whipped up in a month and it's deliberately obtuse and artificial difficulty (invisible platforms, NPCs and clues blatantly lying to you to fuck you over and whatnot) just to sell Nintendo Power magazines back then with walkthrough for it.

Then you've got Vampire Killer on MSX which is basically a shittier CV1 on a hardware that couldn't support screen scrolling, and Haunted Castle on arcade machines that is a very, very ugly reimaining of CV1. Both are best skipped, play only if you're morbidly curious.
>>
>>383489118
>you have to be some cocksucking youtube e-celeb to have a common complaint about a popular game
hop off a building
>>
>>383484514

Really? Because as a diehard castlevania fan, I remember who Grant is, remember that Sypha was working for the church and don't think Ellis shitting his "religion is evil, the main character is now my gary stu" is worthy of approval.

Guess I have higher standards
>>
Sotn and all the other metroidvania cancer is overrated trash, best ones are 3 on the NES, Chronicles on the PS1, Dracula X on the pc engine and SNES, and Bloodlines.
>>
>>383488976
>>383488949

NES Trilogy is way faster, and much more fun, with upbeat better music. 4 is made by another team, who don't really get Castlevania.

3, Bloodlines, and Rondo are the best action side scrollers. Super isn't even in this league.
>>
>>383486145
That stylish headband makes Trevor's sprite cooler.
>>
>Watch the Castlevania show
>wtf who the hell is Trevor where is Simon Belmont
>search google
>the story of Castlevania is about the belmont bloodline constantly facing off with the immortal Dracula

IT'S LITERALLY JUST A JOJO KNOCKOFF. HOW THE FUCK IS THIS ALLOWED??
>>
>>383489186

Nerds in generally are petty, immature, selfish and stupid.
>>
>>383487174
Classic
>1-4 + bloodlines and rebirth
Metroid
>SOTN, Aria, Portaight and OOE
Meh
LOS 1 don't play 2 And judgement
>>
>>383489186
>/a/ the bitter assholes who have a mentally ill obsession with Japan hate the fuck out of it because it's "western trash"

Got any screen caps? Love seeing salt from them.
>>
>>383489208
>>383488665
>>383487903

Nice fucking novel.

Neck yourself.
>>
>>383489342

>Castlevania (1986)
>JoJo (1987)

Hmm. Also JoJo stopped being about Dio after 3.
>>
>>383489254
You cant have the church burning Lisa and then also being perfectly fine with Syfa being a literal witch.
>>
>>383489456
>Also JoJo stopped being about Dio after 3.

HA
>>
>>383489456
>5 is about Dio's son
>6 is about Dio's gay lover

Sure.
>>
>>383489395
>skipping chronicles
pleb alert
>>
>>383489483
>>383489254

Could have just had Lisa killed by local authorities, and Sypha was working for the Catholic Church.
>>
File: 1499665037713.gif (422KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499665037713.gif
422KB, 640x480px
>>383489208
>>383488665
>>383487903
Thanks a lot, m8.
The only one i played in this list was SotN. I think i'll start with the other Metroidvanias first.
>>
File: 1487874345306.jpg (728KB, 1056x2976px) Image search: [Google]
1487874345306.jpg
728KB, 1056x2976px
>>383488665
CotM is canon now along with 64/LoD.
>>
File: 1479353801000.jpg (18KB, 477x486px) Image search: [Google]
1479353801000.jpg
18KB, 477x486px
why do american directors have to inject quips and jokes into everything, it was jarring seeing the characters joke and shit while people got gored and shredded apart. I don't remember castlevania ever being like this (lest some eastereggs).

this isn't a fucking marvel comic book adaptation.
>>
>>383489208
Then more in the "ugly ducklings" part, you've got Adventure, Belmont's Revenge and Legends on GameBoy, all three of which are extremely slow, pretty ugly and feature awful mechanic of downgrading all your power to minimum if you're hit even once as means of artificial difficulty. Quite awful. Adventure has great remake on Wii with Adventure Rebirth, but Belmont's Revenge and Legends never got remade which is a shame.

Then there's Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness, both on N64. First Castlevania ventures into 3D. Very average due to awful camera, controls and framerate, even when emulating for stable 30 FPS, you're still stuck with awful camera and controls. Play only if you're curious and can forgive those two issues.

Then there's Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness on PS2, also in 3D but substantially better than the N64 games. Generally tend to be ignored by fans for whatever reason but they're quite inoffensive and competent fixing the two major issues from N64 aka controls and camera.

And then there's Lords of Shadow Trilogy, which have a God of War-like gameplay. The first one is pretty good but is marred by insulting the player's intelligence with constant highlighting where to go next, ledges in platforming, camera pans and whatnot. Also QTEs you can't turn off as boss finishers and some cutscenes.
Mirror of Fate, second entry which is on 3DS with PS360 and PC ports (both better than 3DS), is mix of Metroidvania with LoS in that it's 2.5D with exploration ala Metroidvania but gameplay mechanics are like LoS just in 2D. So God of War in 2D with explorable castle.
And finally Lords of Shadow 2 which suffered clusterfuck during development with executive fuckery that caused half the talent to quit the company, had serious budget issues due to Konami cutting the budget short mid development to focus on Pachinko and as such is generally the worst of the 3, despite having the BEST combat system of the three which is its only saving grace.
>>
>the first female belmont ends up as Alucard's sex slave instead of being a hero

Why do women keep fucking up everything?
>>
>>383489685
what else you are supposed to say when some one is trying to gauge your testicles?
>>
>>383489573
Oh shit I knew i forgot something
>>
>>383489685
>this isn't a fucking marvel comic book adaptation.

That's what's popular now, so I don't entirely blame them.
>>
File: 1497531444506.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497531444506.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>383488665
>>383489208
Thanks man.
>>
>>383489685
I want Alucard to bully Trevor's testicles.
>>
>>383489662
Glad they reinstated them into the canon, but like I said nobody fucking plays this series for the story since there's fuck all of it anyway.
DRACULA IS BACK, GO KICK HIS ASS.
IF IT ISN'T DRACULA, IT'S ANOTHER ENEMY SIMILAR TO HIM, GO KICK ITS ASS.
Story of the series in a nutshell.
>>
I wanna see a Silent Hill adaptation after Castlevania

How likely is this?
>>
>>383489763
Belmont's Revenge was fucking hype yo.
>>
>>383489685
Im Fucking Trevor Fucking Belmont Son. Fuck you.
>>
>>383489925
Very low
>>
File: Alucard_002.jpg (231KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alucard_002.jpg
231KB, 600x800px
>>383489764
>Implying you wouldn't fuck Alucard if you could

This bitch is beautiful
>>
File: 1485865858929.jpg (15KB, 480x243px) Image search: [Google]
1485865858929.jpg
15KB, 480x243px
>>383489685

>shows and movies can no longer have humour now because WAAH MARVEL

fuck this gay earth. Marvel didn't invent witty one liners, have you never seen an 80s action movie before.
>>
>>383489662
Where is Shanoa
>>
>>383489925
Most of the horror from SH came from the fact that you were the one controling the character and getting immersed into the game.
I dont think an anime would work.
>>
>>383489254
>screaming the show is anti religion or even actually anti church

It's official, all the hate is just /v/irgins trying desperately to shit on anything fun.
>>
>>383490049
>anime
>>
>>383490028
This timeline was made before OoE.
>>
>>383487903
>For Castlevania 3, search for the fantranslation of Akumajou Densetsu, the Japanese version of the game, because it has much better music, isn't censored and the gameplay isn't butchered like in the US version.
What gameplay changes did US version of CV3 get?
>>
This was pretty fantastic

Feels like a low budget Vampire Hunter D
>>
>>383490137

Americanime
>>
>>383489592
Alright, just one last note.
Some of the games in the series are best enjoyed having played other ones beforehand.

CV3 is best played after CV1 due to being a direct prequel, but also being better in basically every way.

Rondo best played before SotN due to story reasons. Also bonus points if you played CV3 before SotN due to story being slightly tied to it.

Dawn of Sorrow must be played after AoS, direct sequel and whatnot, also spoils the twist from AoS. Bonus points if you played CV3 and SotN so you get some wink wink nudge nudge stuff.

Portrait of Ruin is a direct sequel to Bloodlines from Genesis, but you should've played Rondo and SotN before it as well due to one certain story reason.

Order of Ecclesia, direct sequel to SotN, best played after you've already played Rondo and SotN.

Curse of Darkness on PS2 is a direct sequel to CV3.

LoS Trilogy, must play in order (LoS1->MoF->LoS2) if you care about story, LoS game have a substantially bigger focus on story if that helps, but it's still pretty cheesy.

Legacy of Darkness on N64 is a direct prequel to CV64.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>383489260
>3, Bloodlines and Rondo
You gotta add 1, it still holds up

Rondo and Bloodlines are so fucking good though.
>>
>>383490149
They increased the player damage and enemy heath to bullshit levels.

Which is weird, since usually its the other way around.
>>
>>383490197
It's called a cartoon
>>
>>383490137
not him but at first I thought this was animated by Madhouse
>>
>>383488665
>VERY recommended to at least play Rondo before SotN due to SotN being a direct sequel storywise.
>nobody plays these games for story desu
These two sentences on same post, with no trace of irony in there. That's funny.
>>
>>383490149
All enemies take off a fourth of your health after a certain point unlike the original where enemy damage depended on enemy type and enemies bats would take off only a bit. One character doesn't have an infinite ranged weapon in the US version, and it removes one very important checkpoint before the last boss.
>>
>>383490298
Any animation can be called a cartoon.
>>
>>383490332
So they made already pretty hard game even harder. Well fuck that then.
>>
>>383489662
>dracula x
lol
>>
>>383490149
For starters, enemies have like two-three times more HP and you get two-three times more damage per hit. Grant was made literally useless since they removed his signature knife throwing, censorship all around such as changing the throwing cross, checkpoint in final stage before final boss is removed so you have to start the entire fucking level again.
I think there's more I don't remember off the top of my head, but generally it's garbage.
Removal of the VRC6 audio chip is the biggest insult though imo since the game sounds like shit in US version due to that.

Akumajou Densetsu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptgaCJSF7j8

CV3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78706bv98S8
>>
File: 1490818372371.jpg (29KB, 334x266px) Image search: [Google]
1490818372371.jpg
29KB, 334x266px
>tfw no compilation collection for the classicvania games
>>
I have nothing but respect for the Castlevania series but the only one I've ever beaten was Aria of Sorrow
>>
>>383490480
Just emulate the Jap version.

Better music too.
>>
>>383487903
>isn't censored
Besides Medusa's chest, what else did they change?
>>
>>383489456
>JoJo stopped being about Dio after 3
You're retarded
>Most of the stand users in Part 4 exists directly because of Dio's machinations in Part 3
>Part 5's protag is literally Dio Jr.
>Part 6's antagonist is a gay priest with a lust for Dio
>>
>>383490321
It just increases enjoyment. You're not meant to really take the story seriously, but it gives you that "I recognize this" feeling if you know what I mean.
For all intents and purposes all the games can be played entirely standalone if you so wish, you will just miss on references and callbacks.
>>
>Made the writer make 8 drafts of preproduction material

LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koji_Igarashi
>>
>>383490650

Sorry, after part 4. That's where Dio stops being the main antagonist, and where the comparisons to Castlevania end.
>>
>>383490571
>Konami won't strike while the iron is hot because of hype of the Netflix series and release a collection of all the 2D games.

That's a sad feel.
>>
>>383490740
Dio isn't the antagonist in Part 4. It's pretty obvious you've never read JoJo.
>>
>>383490685

There's like 5 things to understand about Castlevania's continuity.

1. Dracula is bad.
2. Axes curve
3. Dracula transforms
4. Dracula shoots fire.
5. Holy water

That's it.
>>
>>383490562
US Rising was better though

CV3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_561222&feature=iv&fmt=18&src_vid=6Sbm6XD0e5Q&v=luxL5ufVTZM

Akumajou Densetsu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_836612&feature=iv&fmt=18&src_vid=luxL5ufVTZM&v=9VVGlQDF42g
>>
>>383490056

I'm not screaming anything. But it is, and it's in everything else Ennis writes, too. Because he grew up catholic and now hates them all with a passionate bias that he won't let anyone forget.

One of his many glaring flaws as a writer.
>>
>>383490740
That's why anime only faggots should never talk about Jojo.
>>
>>383490793

I haven't read JoJo in a long time. Whichever part where stands get introduced and JoJo, his grandpa and the party fuck him up is where the comparisons to Castlevania ends. As far as I remember the parts go vampire>stone people>stands and vampires>no more vampires.
>>
>>383489581

This. The local mobs killed Lisa anyway. The Belnades have been working for the church for fucking ages anyway.
>>
>>383490752
Maybe they strike while the iron is hot and release the fist American Pachinko. It's time to let Americans know that there is something better and more addicting than burgers.
>>
>>383490930
>I haven't read JoJo.
FIFY.
>>
>>383490842
We posting CV3 music now?

Best song for worst stage coming:
https://youtu.be/-aUHiFIpRRE
>>
>>383490685

>You're not meant to really take the story seriously

It's actually a pretty good story, when you take everything into account.
>>
File: kino.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kino.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>383490604
All the naked statues are now covered up with robes, all crosses were altered such as removing glow from them and whatnot.
Medusa lost her tits (and also ruined her animation frames as a result since removal is inconsistent).
Holy water has fucked up color palette.
This one isn't censorship but actual improvement, Lesser Demon, Zombie and Toad sprites are better in CV3 but that's the only instance of improvement.
Floating Eyeballs had blood removed from their eyes.
Mummies got awful new sprites that ruined their look.
Ghoul rabbits were replaced by Fleamen from CV1.
Bat boss had its color palette fucked.
Marsh stage had its color palette altered for no reason, same with Catacombs. Not really better or worse, just different for seemingly no reason.

That's it for visual changes.
>>
>>383490996
>Erotic violence is coming to the west
YES
>>
>>383491114

>not using remixes of the OST in the show

goddamn, it really was shit despite having all the potential in the world.
>>
>>383490696
Yes IGA is autistic, we know.

>>383490752
Konami did say they're considering a new 2D Castlevania game on Switch after Bomberman Switch success.
>>
>>383491114
I agree its best song but I disagree that its worst stage. Its my personal favorite.
>>
>>383491149

>kino

nahh..looks utterly forgettable to me
>>
>>383490842
You need your ears checked son.
It's literally the same but missing 4 instruments channels. That's the difference between CV3 and Akumajou Densetsu music since VRC6 added 4 extra channels.
>>
>>383491101

Because I got the parts confused? Alright bud. My favourite part is Speedball Run. My least favourite is the part with the prison. Sorry for not being a fucking autist.
>>
>Nintendo announces Smash for the Switch.
>At the trailer's end, CHALLENGER APPROACHING
>pic related

How hype would you be?
>>
>>383490874
It's literally been there in SotN original, you've got 3 priests in Lisa's burning scene, one of which is explicitly holding out a cross one handed in aggressive fashion as if exorcising a demon.
>>
>>383491210
In all seriousness there were only a few oppotunities to do so without sounding corny

The main theme should have been something else, maybe a slower rendition of Beginning. Maybe a song for the Alucard fight.
>>
>>383491151
>Ghoul rabbits were replaced by Fleamen from CV1.
That is the one change that confuses me the most. Did someone working there just hate seeing you kill rabbits?
>>
>>383491114
Why the fuck would you post CV3 garbage and not Akumajou Densetsu? Eat shit. Choke on a bag of dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHG3e0bQe3I
>>
>>383491225
I fucking hate the stairs, thats my reason for hating the stage.
>>
>>383491356
Richter would be better
>air dash
>item crashes
>backflips
>>
>>383490962

I always imagined Lisa was straight up lynched.
>>
>>383491356
If this kicks in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX3fjpkFwk then I'm sold
>>
>>383491149
Completely flat, drab, and boring.

Meanwhile this was made in the 80's with a shoestring budget drawn by 2 starved japanese artists in their basement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmskV9CGTOM
>>
>>383491225
Stairs in pre-SNES games are terrible since you can't attach to them mid-jump like on SNES and onwards. Every stair focused stage is dogshit as a result in CV1 and CV3. Which makes Clocktower the most offensive one.
>>
>>383491370

>it's in 10 seconds of one scene of a different game
>so that's why it's 4 episodes of the show

No, it's really just Ennis being Ennis. There's a lot of his other problems in there, too. Like all conversations between his gary-stu character boiling down to I AM SILLY and his gratiuitous "funny" swearing and ball-kicking jokes
>>
>>383491491
Richter was never on Nintendo, low chance of that happening.
It would be Simon or Trevor if anything.
>>
>>383491149
>God doesn't protect assholes

Loved this. Evil people getting their just desserts is a favorite trope of mine.
>>
>>383491508

I think she was tied to a pole in her death scene. Either burning or crucifixion, I suppose.
>>
>>383484514
>18th century clothes during the 15th century
Alucard was a man ahead of his time.
>>
>>383491582
>MUH VAMPIRE D
holy shit fuck off already and let us enjoy the series in peace
>>
>>383491676
Cloud was never on Nintendo as far as i can remember.
>>
>>383489436
Oh no relevant videogsme discussion. We need more console war wojaks and pol threads
>>
>>383491491
Simon is more iconic.
>>
>>383491449
Why not both?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_4222121231&feature=iv&src_vid=GHG3e0bQe3I&v=UwIQ3nBZ4Dw#t=6m26.3s
>>
>>383491582
>Meanwhile this was made in the 80's with a shoestring budget drawn by 2 starved japanese artists in their basement.

First, that was released in 2001 you idiot. Second, it's a high budget feature film.

Apples meets Oranges.

Castlevania is above standard TV animation and is perfectly fine. It's akin to a low budget OVA from the 80's, rather than a high budget feature film. Many series got cheap 45 minute OVAs to advertize the comic series or video game series.
>>
>>383491676
>Richter was never on Nintendo

Yes he was, in Dracula X
>>
>>383491582
how will the west ever recover? and modern animation, for that matter?
>>
Lisa ;____________;
>>
>>383491713
Enjoy your shit show, written by an autistic man child and drawn by some high school grad lmao.
>>
>>383491705
Well his father has all kind of crazy advanced science and time travel is alluded to, maybe Alucard went shopping in the future.
>>
>>383491582
>Vampire Hunter Dildo 2
>shoestring budget
>2 starved nips in basement
Please fucking kill yourself, it's one of the highest budgeted movies in history of Japanese animation with literally one of Japan's best if not THE best studio working on it.
Seriously kill yourself.

>>383491632
It got added because they're clearly using Alucard's SotN sprite and to establish actual story reason for Alucard to tag along. Are you retarded? Rest of the church plotline is definitely just Ellis being Ellis though. Even still neo/v/ and neo/pol/ just can't fucking stop acting like reverse SJWs. I just want to watch shit in peace, stop fucking getting triggered over everything just like your polar opposite landwhales.
>>
>>383491676
That's a moot point when Cloud fucking Strife can get in.
>>
>>383491826
>and modern animation
No, beautiful hand drawn animations with painstaking details are a thing of the past unfortunately. CGI is here to stay.
>>
>>383491836
You forgot to scream and cry about "it offended my religion ;_; "
>>
>>383491705
Motherfucker has electric lamps and machinery in his dungeons and you complain about fucking clothes?
>>
>>383491812
Non-canon game but correct, you got me.
Even still it was America-only game and it doesn't have much recognition. Honestly act realistic, changes of Richter happening are null since he isn't anywhere near as popular or iconic as Simon.
But really you Nintentoddler Smashniggers need to fuck off in general, I'm sick and tired of seeing MUH NINTENDO THIS MUH NINTENDO THAT MUH SMASH SMASH SMASH HULK SMASH AAAAAAAAARGHGH WIVE'S SON OOOOOOOOOHASDBAHDBHS shit in every thread.
Just die.
>>
>>383491676

>Richter was never on Nintendo

Dracula X
>>
File: sf2.jpg (114KB, 811x811px) Image search: [Google]
sf2.jpg
114KB, 811x811px
>>383486886
>Conan, just more bishie.
>>
>>383491705
You can thank his father.

>invented electric lamps 400 years before those dirty humans.
>>
>>383491582

Oh, and if you want an actual 80's Vampire Hunter D movie, there was one released in 1985:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvCwXhK5Fno

The entire thing is on Youtube. The animation is decent. It's not anywhere near Akira or the 2001 levels. It's only a few steps above TV animation.

I think people, especially Westerners have been spoiled by 100 million dollar budget PIxar films, and 90's big Budget Disney films to really appeciate animation that is a little lower budget. They mgiht see a few Japanese animated films, but only the super high budget shit like Akira or the 2001 Vampire hunter D film.

A few choppy frames of action is a fine trade off for something half decent.
>>
>>383491972
Why someone willingly is defending Warren Ellis is beyond me. Unless you're being ironic.
>>
>>383491886

>Ellis

shit, I keep calling him Ennis. Probably because him and Garth are the fucking same.

>It got added because

I could agree with the Lisa bit, but..did we really need four more episodes of "look how bad these church guys are!"?

>Even still neo/v/ and neo/pol/ just can't fucking stop acting like reverse SJWs

I disliked it because it wasn't very good. That doesn't make me anything other than a guy who didn't like it.
>>
>>383491783
This works. I just get upset when people post CV3 since it sounds like utter shit compared to Akumajou Densetsu.
>>
>>383492131
>shit, I keep calling him Ennis. Probably because him and Garth are the fucking same.

They're on the same scale, but Ennis is WAY worse. Ennis made Crossed remember. Ellis made Transmetropolitian.
>>
>>383491789
>It's akin to a low budget OVA from the 80's
Not him but it definitely has better animation than say Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and that was a very big OVA series.
>>
I remember they remade castlevania adventures on the wii . can i emulate that shit or do i have to buy a console
>>
>>383491261
>this absolute garbage ass shit taste
Enflame yourself and leave.
>>
>>383492206

>crossed

Jesus, I keep trying to forget that shit ever existed. The Boys I could stomach, but everything since then has been unbearable.

>Transmetropolitan

Shit like this castlevania almost makes me retroactively like transmet less. Oh well.
>>
>>383491940
>No, beautiful hand drawn animations with painstaking details are a thing of the past unfortunately
Three words.
Lupin the Third.

>>383492131
>I could agree with the Lisa bit, but..did we really need four more episodes of "look how bad these church guys are!"?
Probably not. Personally I'd condense the church plot in two episodes if only to have a resolution to what was started in Lisa burning scene. Episode 1 focus entirely on Dracula and Lisa and his revenge, then Episode 2 be Trevor introduction and resolution of Church plot. Episode 3 be Sypha and finally Episode 4 Alucard and forming the trio.
>>
>>383492252

LoGH is actually super low budget for an OVA. Mostly people standing in rooms, static ships. They're stretching the budget out. The animation only got good in the 90's when they were nearing the end.

A big budget OVA would be Debruman: The Birth and the lady bird one. And Lupin III The Futa Conspiracy. Pretty much movie quality smoothness and detail.
>>
>>383492109
>his opinions hurt my feefees
Go back to /pol/, retard.
>>
File: 10212-SimonBelmont.gif (55KB, 317x476px) Image search: [Google]
10212-SimonBelmont.gif
55KB, 317x476px
>>383492045
He's still ripped as fuck.
He still has long hair just like Conan, simply no longer tied with a headband.
Still mostly leather armor, like Conan, just with added fur.
Has a lot softer and "attractive" face.
Yes anon, it's still Conan just bishiefied.
>>
File: 1449374607411.jpg (49KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1449374607411.jpg
49KB, 414x499px
>>383489186
>using /tv/ and /v/ as a herald of quality control
You shot down your own post.
>>
>>383491940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4P4AuJbapg
This is from 2015, new series coming next year too with same animation style.
It's not dead YET.
>>
>>383489186

>everyone like the new castlevania show, from /v/, /tv/, and /tg/ too

No, a lot of people really disliked it, too, and thought it was badly-written and poorly-animated. Some people thought it was just "okay".
>>
>>383489186
Hey, I'm a "weeb" and I liked it.
>>
>>383492679
This isn't about his political views or whatever kid. We're talking about the broader, encompassing writing. I love Dostoevsky's works even though he was a borderline religious nut.
>>
>>383492574
>Debruman
I assume you meant to say Devilman or Debiruman.
Also, isn't Netflix working on a new Devilman?
>>
File: Blueballs[1].jpg (50KB, 690x300px) Image search: [Google]
Blueballs[1].jpg
50KB, 690x300px
>4 episodes
>>
>>383492391
Dolphin emulator plays it perfectly even on integrated graphics shit because it's a 2D game. Really good. A bit short, but lots of replayability due to stages having different inaccessible sections depending on which way you go, so you need to play multiple times to see everything anyway.
>>
>Game of thrones references
>no references to Curse of Darkness

it's pretty clear this was made for plebs
>>
>>383493103
5-12 coming early 2018 and confirmed to finish the adaptation.
>>
>>383493105
Thanks. I wasn't a fan of the game boy castlevanias but the remake actually looks pretty damn good
>>
>>383493187
>wah why didn't they reference the painfuly average relatively forgotten PS2 game
They referenced the more popular ones that sold better, such as SotN and Lords of Shadow.
>>
>>383493187
It's focused on the characters that matter.

Sorry Hector fuckboys.
>>
>>383493289
But they referenced LoI too.
>>
>>383493451
Where?
>>
>>383493289

More like why didn't the reference the characters who would have been there at the time.
>>383493451

>LoI

didn't notice that
>>
?? Do I watch this sub or dub ??
>>
>>383493751

they're both awful. It was made in texas
>>
>>383493681
>>383493695
Belmonts being expelled from the church
>>
>>383493695
>More like why didn't the reference the characters who would have been there at the time.
More like they didn't reference them because they are literally NOT there at the time and you didn't pay attention to the story of CoD where Hector and the Fuckboy were literally gone on an errand at the time. Trevor never meets Hector until the events of the game you fucking imbecile. Besides it's a really shitty game anyway.
>>
>>383493751
Wakamoto isn't Dracula and Okiayu isn't Alucard, you can pass on the japanese dub
>>
>>383493751
>sub
>dub
>for an English TV series where the original audio is ENGLISH
Kill yourself

>>383493814
That was in LoI? I actually don't remember that part. What I do remember from LoI is that Mathias got his hands on the Crimson Stone (which is actually another name for the Philosopher's Stone). Which ties in to Dracula knowning science, chemistry/alchemy and whatnot.
>>
>>383493819

He could have easily shown up in the beginning. it would have been nice.

ANYTHING would have been nice.

>>383493814

I think they were expelled after II
>>
just finished it, was meh.
the fight at the end was the only good part.
it also felt like a typical western cartoon cringefest, so many western storytelling conventions and goddamn that dialogue.
animation was fine, but looked pretty stiff and one error I noticed was when the background suddenly snapped into focus when alucard was speaking.
>>
>>383493962
Why you have to be rude, I was just asking bruh ;)
>>
>>383494026
>LET'S INTRODUCE CHARACTERS THAT AREN'T RELEVANT TO THE PLOT ONLY FOR THEM TO NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN IN THIS ADAPTATION AND MAKE PEOPLE ASK WHO THE FUCK THEY ARE AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM
Brilliant idea anon, you're a complete moron.
I hope you never get to write anything.
>>
>>383487174
everything aside from the n64 games
>>
>>383493962

>That was in LoI? I actually don't remember...

No, it didn't. Leon was a crusader, and they weren't expelled at all, just...shunted off to the side because the church was too reliant on them. After Simon, I think.

The science alchemy stuff is to do with the castle. It exists outside of time anyway, and is a living thing, so it has all sorts of shit floating around it.
>>
>People THIS mad that Belmont acts like a dudebroChad

Lmao Nerds think they are similar with their fantasy self inserts eh?
>>
>>383494196

You seem to misunderstand the concept of what an easter egg or a reference is. They put game of thrones references in there, after all.
>>
>>383494165
>it also felt like a typical western cartoon cringefest, so many western storytelling conventions and goddamn that dialogue.

Blame Warren Ellis. For whatever reason, they got a Western comic book author to write this. One with no familliarity with Castlevania.

Really should have just gotten Japanese writers for this.
>>
>>383494319

He's a Warren Ellis self-insert. It's about as outcast power fantasy as you can get.
>>
>>383493962
Can you hook me with hints to finding the dub? I can only find HorribleSubs
>>
>>383494381

It was shitty, but nobody cares about castlevania. It's gone through so many shitty hands that it was never going to be good. the Residen Evil movie guy had it..fuck, I think Uwe Boll had it at one point, didn't he?
>>
File: oh gosh.png (24KB, 740x328px) Image search: [Google]
oh gosh.png
24KB, 740x328px
>>383492574
>Lupin III The Futa Conspiracy
>Futa
>>
>>383492574

>Lupin III The Futa Conspiracy

ehehe

fuma?
>>
>>383494341
>game of thrones references
where
>>
>>383494654

The marketplace, where Trevor is talking to a salesman. Jon Snow's sword is on a rack behind him.
>>
>Trevor and Hector never team up
>Trevor fucks off leaving Hector to run shit few years later
>IM THE LAST OF THE BELMONTS HURR
>e-except all these other belmonts over here...
>>
>>383489685
I hate this argument because the only person who was really a quip machine was Trevor, unlike Marvel. Everyone else was much more grounded, and I don't see how it's a bad thing to have quips in an action series.

I mean, what do you want from a series about hunting vampires? Do you expect this shit to be grounded in reality?
>>
>>383494732

So is anduril, the sword from LOTR. No castlevania game easter eggs, but some from popular shows and movies.

Really applies centrifugal forces to my macadamias
>>
>>383495137
humor is cheap writing, that's it.
>>
File: classicvania.png (888KB, 1836x558px) Image search: [Google]
classicvania.png
888KB, 1836x558px
>>383489685

>implying the writing is bad
>>
>>383495085
Didn't Hector pretty much bail out on Dracula around the time CV3 happens? Or was it was after it. I'm not sure.
>>
>>383484514
Is it true that Konami never let them remix any tracks for this series? I know Konami also never let the LoS composer remix stuff.
>>
What are some other vampire media I could watch?
I'm feeling effeminate today.
>>
>>383495293
Some time before Trevor raids the castle Hector bails out, and Isaac is doing
something I forgot

After Dracula dies, he chases after Hector blaming him for it and ends up half-dead because Hector beats him up badly.
>>
>>383495163
>No castlevania game easter eggs

>Dracula teleporting in a pillar of fire/light
>Axe thrown arcs
>Demons explode on death
>1000 daggers
>Alucard teleport

neck yourself
>>
>>383495469

Wait what? I though Hector and Trevor were allies? Did they made some weird continuation to CoD?
>>
>>383495626

>what do you mean there's no easter eggs! There's a Belmont in it and he uses a whip!

Easter eggs are hidden references, not...demons explode on death.

It's anime. Most things explode on death.
>>
>>383495646
In 1476, Hector was still a devil forgemaster under Dracula.
They only "ally" 3 years latter, and at first Hector doesn't really give a shit about stopping the curse and just wants to kill Isaac.
>>
>>383495646

They are, in CoD. Isaac stabs Trevor in the back, and puts him out of the picture for the rest of the game.
>>
>>383495876
>>383495626
>>383495163
>>383494732
>>383494654
>>383494341

Man, it's pretty astounding how much you guys seem to care about such a small detail that's incredibly meaningless to the show.
>>
>>383495876

So what would be a Castlevania hidden reference, if not those things listed? An axe's flight being curved not enough? What do you want?
>>
>>383496069
>>383496071

Oh, so the series is before Curse of Darkness?
>>
>>383496125

>So what would be a Castlevania hidden reference, if not those things listed?

Well, shit, anything. Instead of saying of his whip: "It's consecrated, so it kills vampires and demons", a response like "ugh, long story, some other time" would have been nice, to show a vague reference to LoI and the whole "whip killing vampires" thing.

At the beginning, perhaps representations of some of the actual stuff you see in the alchemy laboratory, that would have been cool.

Hector and Isaac riding away from castle dracula at the beginning.

One of the monsters from the game, rather than..generic black winged things.

Anything.

The ONE thing I saw was the Sypha male/female thing. That was it.
>>
>>383496216
Yes.
Trevor kills Dracula, but he casts a curse on the land as he dies (hence the game being Dracula's Curse I guess?) which drives people insane and also kills them or something, it's not really explained beyond "it's bad and has to stop" and has apparently covered all of yurope.
Trevor is looking for "the" devil forgemaster who could help him stop the curse (game's called Curse of Darkness so there you go) but he runs into Hector who's not even nearly as strong as he heard he'd be, because at that point he didn't know there were actually 2 forgemasters.
>>
>>383496216

Yeah, CoD is three years after the death of Dracula.
>>
>>383486503
>Conan that defeats evil with pure brute force
Conan is brutal, but cunning
>>
File: 1489998526095.png (166KB, 833x789px) Image search: [Google]
1489998526095.png
166KB, 833x789px
>>383495876
>why is a show about Castlevania not hiding these Castlevania references as easter eggs rather than showing them in the open

So rather than showing Alucard using his teleport right from the fucking game, you would've preferred it in an out of focus shot so you can wank over it being hidden.
>>
>>383496216
Yes. CoD doesn't happen yet.
>>
>>383496553

>alucard teleporting

as much of a "reference" as Sypha using magic or Trevor throwing a dagger
>>
>>383496782

And how are those not references? They are moves ripped straight out the fucking game.
>>
>>383496857
Don't bother. It's not a reference unless it pertains to the absolute disgrace of a game that was Curse of Darkness.
>>
>>383496480

>"ugh, long story, some other time"

Then it would never be explained because the show isn't going to explain LoI, and then it would be a plothole for the audience as to why the whip makes monsters fucking explode.
>>
>>383496857

>They are moves ripped straight out the fucking game.

you answered your own question. A reference might be something concerning the surrounding lore. Like..you know, those other million games, that they obviously knew nothing about when they phoned in the series.

>>383496993

A picture of Simon Belmont would have been enough.
>>
File: Sypha_Belnades_Netflix.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sypha_Belnades_Netflix.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>I Could pee in a bucket and tell him its beer...
Why do I think atleast 1/3rd of you fapped to this concept while atleast 1/10th went directly to r34 just to see if its been drawn yet...
>>
>>383497116
If you didn't you're a goddamn liar.
>>
>>383497116
because that's what you did
>>
>>383497030

>Then it would never be explained

It doesn't need to be explained though. They don't explain where Sypha got her powers, for example.

>plothole

Until they find out out.
>>
webms with Alucard doing the red teleport when?
>>
>>383497074
>building a series on Castlevania 3 exclusively
>reee why aren't they including this specific thing from the miasma of ass that is the IGAverse
Neck yourself, autist. Stop being so fucking meticulous and hard to please.
>>
>>383497074
Sorry mate, but your definition of a reference is arbitrary as fuck. More than a reference, it looks more like you're trying to find evidence of continuity with other games in the series, when that's not what this show is about. It's a retelling of 3, not a piece that exists alongside Lament of Innocence or other games.
>>
>>383497274

>simon belmont
>IGAverse
>>
>>383487312
The animation is fucking ass bud. You can tell. Look at some of the walking, it looks janky as fuck.
>>
File: SyphaNetflixEp4[1].png (373KB, 1000x557px) Image search: [Google]
SyphaNetflixEp4[1].png
373KB, 1000x557px
>gets pretty much brought back to life by random stranger
>"UGH I hate you for [trivial reason]"
I hate this trope so much. Not sure if they do this because of "don't need no man" or if they want to feign character development by giving them trivial conflict to "grow out" of
>>
>>383497296

But if it's a retelling of 3, why is it a stretch to link it to 2 or 1?

It just really feels like they didn't care or didn't know.
>>
>>383497212
>It doesn't need to be explained though. They don't explain where Sypha got her powers, for example.
They did. Speakers practice sorcery.

>Until they find out out.
So you want the show to give a convoluted retelling of Lament of Innocence, complete with Leon and Sara's backstory and Rinaldo and everything just to explain why it explodes demons, all so it can be a Castlevania reference. From the perspective of a 20 minute episode series, and as a storytelling mechanism, that's just fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1499685068320.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1499685068320.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>383497218
Here you go.
>>
>>383497340
Pretty sure its because the framerate is so low. Seems like they sacrifice framerate for more detailed characters
>>
>>383489186
It's the best anime this season desu
>>
>>383497501
thanks anon
>>
>>383497459

Because it's a retelling of 3, and not a fucking retelling of 2 or 1. Hey here's a character, who is he or how is he related? FIND OUT AFTER THE MAIN PLOT OF THIS SERIES IS DONE. Can you not see how idiotic that is for an episodic series to do that?
>>
>>383497486

And Belmonts kill vampires and demons.

>So you want the show to..

No? If people cared enough they'd look it up and see the events of LoI or whatever. This is what people do with easter eggs and references all the time. It deepens the show/movie just that little bit
>>
>>383497448
>Trevor doesn't introduce himself
>talks impolitely about her ideals being false
>proceeds to not care when she takes initiative
She's right on him being rude.
>>
>>383488638
Yep, 4 very easy and slow.
1, 3, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood - all timeless classics.
>>
>>383497520
Yeah maybe. I still liked it, it just took a bit of getting used to.
>>
>>383497459
Are you trolling? Castlevania 3 is before 1 lorewise
>>
>>383497580

You see, i'm saying "link it to", and I mean like..a picture of Simon Belmont, or a line about the whip's origins.

You're somehow thinking that I am demanding they tell these stories in their entirety. Or..choose to argue that it's what i'm saying, because...well, I dunno.

>>383497689

Eh, whatever. Legends, or LoI, whatever your poison is.
>>
[slurping continues]
>>
>>383497629
Well they had genuine disagreements later but she was already bitching seconds after he literally saved her life, made me hate her from the start. Can't really gloss over this
>>
>>383489685
You do realize that scene was used to set up a brick joke in Alucard's fight, right? Also helps define Trevor as an unrefined and rude asshole on the same level as the peasants from the bar.

They're presenting him as someone similar to the other causes of the problems in Castlevania.

Dracula destroys humans because humans hurt him, despite the fact his son and wife oppose/would have opposed him.

The Church refused to acknowledge their mistakes and the threat posed by Dracula, and direct their power and violence against other humans, despite the fact literal demons from hell are killing everyone.

The peasants refused to speak up against the evil deeds of the Church, and instead look for someone to blame and excuses to absolve their responsibilities.

Trevor refused to slay monsters and seek out a way to stop Dracula because the world was unjust and hateful towards him, so he'd rather let them die.

This starting point allowed him to develop after meeting the speakers, and made him realize that the world could still be good, if he took care of the problems that plagued him.
>>
>>383497786
Why the FUCK would there be a picture of Simon Belmont, when Simon Belmont hasn't even been born yet.
>>
>>383497448
>guy saves her life but is an asshole 100% of the time right after that
>hurr why isn't she riding his dick 24/7?
>>
>>383497116
I'd drink it.
>>
>>383497861

Sonia, Leon, Whatever.
>>
>>383497817
First impressions are everything. I agree the "Did you climb on me?" was a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>383497875
yes anon thats literally what I said, good on you for not misrepresenting my argument at all, love it when people do this
>>
>>383497838

>6 minutes of a 24 minute episode
>to set up a one-liner
>>
>>383497786
>You're somehow thinking that I am demanding they tell these stories in their entirety

Because you are. Your criticism is that this 4 episode miniseries isn't already an established universe like the MCU. Let the series and plot stand by itself, instead of a convoluted messy web of links to franchises and characters that have yet to be introduced, all for the sake of reference.
>>
>castlevania show
>no castlevania monsters show up

nah
>>
>>383497923
Trevor already mentioned the family estate' been torched. There might be a section in season 2 where someone goes 'Hey, about that whip'.
>>
OMG this was so awesome!
I can't wait for Quipvania season 2!
>>
>>383498049

>Because you are.

Jesus, you're misrepresenting like a pro.
>>
>>383498101

I like the line where he says "fucking shit pipe fucking shit!"

CLASSIC CASTLEMANIAS!
>>
>>383484514
I like it but wish it was a little more regal looking like in SotN. Nothing wrong with making it look a bit more practical though.
>>
>>383497838
Better than whatever decades served to setup your inability to read.
>>
File: 1470374742263.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470374742263.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>>383497116
>>
>>383498101
Its annoying but thats just western writing in general right now. There's like 2 western shows I can even stand but even I could look past it for this one. Granted Episode 1 and 2 were boring, only 3 was good and 4 was great. I hope they keep the pace up for the next episodes.
>>
>>383498075

That's not in reference to the games, though, is it? I don't remember that happening.
>>
Well, this is awkward. This >>383498315 was meant for you >>383497984
>>
>>383497976
I'm glad you realize how retarded you are.
>>
Am i the only one who thinks the first 2 episodes feel awkward as fuck?
>>
>>383498560

No, they were pretty bad.
>>
>>383498431
No, but it gives adequate reasoning as to why no one from the lineage has been referenced.

Trevor is the one who made a name for the Belmonts, so maybe Ellis thought it irrelevant.
>>
>>383498486

>haha the good guys are as bad as the bad guys!

Fresh and original.
>>
>>383497116

so does anyone have a well drawn source or what?
>>
>>383498638

I suppose it would if:
>Trevor is the one who made a name for the Belmonts

was true. I mean, why would they church fear and shun them, even if we only take the series into account, if they weren't on the radar? He talks about them like they've been a big deal for a while, but..nothing else. Feels weird.

>maybe Ellis thought it irrelevant.

giving him a bit too much credit, I think. He probably just couldn't be bothered to check.
>>
>>383498560
I liked the first one but episode 2 i agree on.
>>
File: 1499618907682.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499618907682.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383497116
>>
>>383498863

is this legit? That's cringeworthy writing.
>>
>>383488665
Just downloaded dracula x and got a shitty 3d game wtf
>>
File: fuckno.png (680KB, 1100x675px) Image search: [Google]
fuckno.png
680KB, 1100x675px
>>383498936

When?
>>
>>383499006

Which vampires did Trevor fight if he's never met Dracula?
>>
>>383499114

>expecting Wellis to put in effort
>>
>>383499114

There are other vampires. Dracula is just the mackdaddy
>>
>>383497074
>>A picture of Simon Belmont would have been enough.
Simon wasn't even fucking born yet
This is the people shitting on this adaptation, a bunch of mongoloids that don't even play the game yet they bitch about how the show is somehow not faithful enough about something they've never experienced
>>
>>383499626

Why wouldn't you just assume he meant Leon or Sonia, instead of going on an aspergic rant about people who don't like a cartoon?
>>
>>383499114
There's always been other vampires.
>>383499273
Another retard talking about what he doesn't knows, there's plenty of vampires outside of dracula, Walter and Olrox being examples
>>
>>383499839

>what he doesn't knows

lel

>Olrox

He's literally a servant of Dracula, you stupid fuck. Play the games, moron, before flapping your gums about them.
>>
>>383499827
>Why wouldn't you just assume he meant Leon or Sonia
Why would anyone assume that? He named a fucking character, the character from the first game, it's easy to assume that guy is a retard that doesn't know shit about the lore he's trying to pretend he likes.
>>
>>383500050

>Why would anyone assume that?

Because Simon Belmont hadn't been born yet, and a non-autist would assume he meant a picture of a person who

exists.
>>
>>383499973
>He's literally a servant of Dracula
and?
Does that magically makes him not a vampire?
Does anyone mentioned anything about him being a servant and this invalidates being a vampire how, exactly?

And what about Water?
Care to explain, anon?
>>
>>383499973
64/LoD had regular vampires.
>>
>>383500136
You're retarded.
>>
>>383500146

>and?

And he lives in Dracula's Castle 500 years later. Why is he relevant?

>And what about Water?

Walter? He's dead. He dies before Trevor is even born.

wew
>>
>>383490562
>Grant was made literally useless since they removed his signature knife throwing
A smart move ultimately. In the Japanese CV3 you could more or less cheese everything as Grant with his infinite dagger attack.

Konami handled the localization, so aside from some silly sprite changes to remove crosses in the graveyard and implied 8bit nipple, the game was rebalanced pretty well.
>>
>>383500171

Yeah, and other vampires did exist outside of Dracula's control. Elizabeth Bartley perhaps, from Bloodlines, possibly Carmilla, and various other no-name fucks.
>>
>>383498070
>not in Dracula's castle
>upset that we don't see many classic monsters
you're a special kind of stupid
>>
>>383500398

>You're retarded.

Last time I explain anything to you.
>>
>>383498970
that's chronicles, a remake
>>
>>383500559

>Dracula explains he's going to summon an army from hell to unleash on the world
>"by unleash, I mean keep in my castle"
>"and by army, I mean lots of black generic monsters"

kek, even the cyclops was alucard's.
>>
>>383500721
>an army means all the really special ones are out way far doing grunt work!
little black hellbats being the grunts who go do hit and runs is not a shocking thing at all. You don't see thousands of Spec Ops agents storming a battlefield buddy
>>
>>383489685
>>383489823
Wit is a fad now?
Fuck this gen.
>>
>>383500613
There is no explaining, the guy fucked up and you're trying to defend him, actually, you're probably the one that fucked up and is trying to damage control.

>2+2=6
>no dude, that wrong
>calm your autism, he obviously meant to say 4, why would you assume otherwise?
>>
>>383500929

>a real person
>"2+2=6!"
>"do you mean "2+4=6?"
>"Yeah, anyway..."

>you
>"2+2=6!"
>spends a solid hour screaming about how he doesn't know 4 as much as you and must be retarded for not realising 4 oh my god
>>
>>383501073
see
>>383500398
>>
>>383500851

wit is usually witty
>>
>>383501174

well, whaddaya know. I guess NOW is the:
>>383500613
>>
>>383500136
Wouldn't it be far easier to assume he -did- mean Simon and he just didn't know he hadn't been born yet?
Holy shit I swear you must be doing this on purpose
>>
>>383501248

they were talking about references though, not wanking over who had the most knowlej. If he'd said "a previous belmont" would that anon still have cried for an hour about it?
>>
>>383501195
You want a bunch of commoners to start talking like they're Shakespeare or something? The dialog was fine for what it is. Dracula and elder speakers were refined.
>>
>>383501494
>Trevor Belmont
>A Commoner
>>
>>383498665
The only thing separating Good Guys from Bad Guys is inaction, a lack of effort, succumbing to rage, sorrow or despair. Of all things, Castlevania is Christian as fuck in its values.
>>
>>383501607

>the only thing separating good guys from bad guys is morality, intention and actions

Thanks, Professor.
>>
>>383501607

>Castlevania is Christian as fuck in its values.

didn't you see the show? The church is evil.
>>
>>383501595
Never said that, but 90% of the dialog in the show is from commoners. I hear a lot of people complain about the sheep fucker scene in the bar.

Trevor is of House Belmont but in the show he was exiled by the church and lives among commoners as a drifter.
>>
>>383484514
>Castlevania

I had completely ignored this franchise my entire life. One episode of the show and now I want to play everything.
>>
>>383501853

Most of the dialogue is awful as far as i'm concerned. Warren Ellis is a very poor writer, and his schtick is comics about drunken badasses who are standoffish but win the day, how evil catholicism is, and winning imaginary arguments with people of a different view to his through his characters.

And hey presto, Castlevania is full of that.
>>
>>383501789
The church is corrupt but normal priests created holy weapons that killed demons. God exists but his love is not unconditional
>>383501968
Classic Castlevanias are amazing. Super Castlevania 4 is probably the easiest to get into
>>
Why was this a series? It just felt like someone stuck a bunch of credits and titles in the middle of a movie.
>>
>>383502119
>God exists but his love is not unconditional

actually...
>>
>>383502214
Thats new testiment, Old testiment god would have totally turned his back, if not do the smiting himself
>>
If i played and enjoyed Dracula X Chronicles and Aria of Sorrow, which other Castlevania would I like?
>>
Friendly reminder that harmony of dispair is less than £3 on the PlayStation store right now.
>>
>>383502459

All of the Tansaku castlevanias for one. Presumably this means you played Symphony right?
>>
>>383501475
I suppose the point is it's pretty ironic to complain about there not being enough references and easter eggs for fans, and then fucking up something as basic as CV3 being a prequel to 1. Dude already said he didn't actually -mean- Simon (he probably did, we all make mistakes, it's ok), so there's no longer any need to defend him. It's especially stupid to imply we should have assumed he didn't mean Simon, though, as usually people try to mean what they say and not the complete fucking opposite
>>
>>383502527
I own it, but haven't played far in yet
>>
>>383502490

Which was directed by Curry the Kid, who is now directing Bloodstained. Harmony of Dispair was made for pennies after Konami cancelled Iga's big 3D action game starring Alucard. Which is why it's: Re-Used Sprites: THE GAME.
>>
>>383502634
That doesn't mean it's a bad game though.
>>
>>383501789
the church is evil, the forces of good and God are not
>>
>>383501789

The church is evil yes, but as demonstrated by the Priest creating holy water and the fact that Vampire Killer is a consecrated weapon, true holiness does exist and true men of God can use his holy power.
>>
>>383484514
>Floor breaks, Trevor falls down
>doesn't die instantly

Hacks, all of them!
>>
File: 1494256817128.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494256817128.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>383503926

>Trevor falls into clockwork area with death pits
>Doesn't get accosted by medusa heads and bats while trying to make jumps
>>
>>383494196
>Rumors about Dracula having disciples and a death cult over the land.
>Scene with Dracula summoning a new boss
>demonic and humanoid disciples watch in awe. Some of them are cultists
>Classic Castlevania Boss emerges
>Dracula says "this is my gift to you, thats how it's done, bitches. Now go spread evil and kill the belmonts"
>2 of the disciples, who are seen for a few seconds, are wearing the devil forgemaster's armor, you can't see their faces, but one has red hair and the other one white.
>Next episode is about Trev and the others fighting that evil cult, but the devil forgemasters are nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>383504247
this
Also I know he's not the most popular but where's Grant?
>>
>>383502634
>after Konami cancelled Iga's big 3D action game starring Alucard
Any source on this?
As far as I recall we only know he got to pitch the concept- the game never got past that. The game wasn't ever officially announced either, we just got that teaser that might as well have been part of the failed pitch.
Incidentally, the game would have been mediocre at best, as with all other IGA games with more than pennies for a budget (including Bloodstained by the looks of it, sadly). I mean I loved Lament and all, but it was the very definition of unambitious.

>>383503926
>floor breaks
>floor breaks
>floor breaks
so... this is the power of kino...

>>383504247
2bh that scene was already a bit too videogamey compared to the rest of the season. The hero beating the boss and literally falling through the floor and into the next level, going through a platforming challenge, then falling through the floor again to get to the next boss. Felt a bit like the LoS clockwork tower too, whip-swinging, shimmying and all.
>>
File: 1465926875067.jpg (37KB, 640x525px) Image search: [Google]
1465926875067.jpg
37KB, 640x525px
>>383504675

He's either cut from the crew or a monster hanging around Dracula's castle that'll be rescued in season 2.
>>
>>383504706
I really liked how they added things from LoS, like the Belmont crest and the platforming part mixed with the CV3 level. It felt like they grabbed some of the few things LoS got right.
>>
>>383498101
Nya I'm hoping for more humor akin to what I am used to from my television shows from glorious Nippon nya :3!
>>
>>383504706

>Close to the end of those 10 years, Igarashi worked with a team to create a new 3-D Castlevania game, their first for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. He only briefly ever mentioned the game publicly, showing a teaser trailer for it at the Tokyo Game Show in 2008. But development wasn't going well.

>Around the same time, a development team based in Spain, MercurySteam, had finished work on the horror game Clive Barker’s Jericho. The game had reviewed poorly, but it gave the team experience with a gothic art style similar to Castlevania's. MercurySteam was looking for its next project and presented Konami with a prototype for what could be the next 3-D Castlevania. Igarashi says that prototype marked the kiss of death for his project.

>"We had spent a decent amount of money and our game really was not coming together," says Igarashi. "And in parallel, MercurySteam’s prototype was looking great. So if you put both on the table and looked at them side by side — the company made a decision to go with MercurySteam.

>"At that point the executive team at Konami said, ‘OK we’re going to go this direction now, and you need to step back.’" According to Igarashi, this extended not just to his 3-D project, but to new 2-D games in the franchise as well. Konami’s higher-ups wanted to move on.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2015/5/11/8576141/koji-igarashi-day-in-the-life

My take: Lords of Shadow was the right call. Iga was going nowhere with his game. however, they should have let him make a trilogy of 2D games for the 3DS, the first being an Order of Ecclessia sequel.
>>
>>383490740
Two has nothing to do with Dio either.
>>
File: Made in Abyss 15.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Made in Abyss 15.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>>383497545
>best anime this season
Ahem
>>
>>383504846
I guess with Grant in clocktower and Alucard banished, didn't make any sense to have some weird detour.
I expect Grant to be sicced on them when Drac learns he's being raided and Alucard undoing the magics.
>>
>>383505120

>With this particular project, what happened was I was running the UK development studio and was in the States having a big worldwide meeting, when one of the top guys said "Igarashi-san is not doing a 3D Castlevania but we need one, who wants to do it?". I mean, it was literally that. I put my hand up and an American guy put his hand up, and he said: "Okay, well, come back in a few weeks with a pitch."

https://web.archive.org/web/20130623044112/http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389625/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-interview-with-dave-cox/?page=3

The implication of this is that they cancelled the game, but didn't tell Iga for a while, and let him work on a failed game until they were able to get a new team to do a pitch.
>>
>>383505120
>not just to his 3-D project, but to new 2-D games in the franchise as well. Konami’s higher-ups wanted to move on.
I'm starting to seriously hate PachinKonami.
>>
>>383505154
>almost 2 hours ago
But you're right
>>
>>383505120
>>383505369
Jesus Japanese business practices are brutal.
>>
>>383505120
I see, thank you. Seems like the game would've been stuck in dev hell for quite a bit hadn't Konami opted for the better looking prototype.
Lords was the right call at the time, I agree. Churning out new games for two different canons at the same time would have hurt sales I guess, but it would have been nice for Konami to have IGA work on a 2D Lords entry instead of having Mercurysteam's B-team work on it.

>>383505369
This is kind of depressing though, fuck. They probably shouldn't even have given IGA a chance to begin with, given his previous history with 3D entries.

>>383505154
Is that the Daft Punk anime?
>>
>all these people shitting on SCV4
You need to neck yourselves.
>>
>>383505154
What is that
>>
>>383505885
Its an easier game, but I honestly think its a great starting point for people who want to get into ClassicVanias
>>
File: Made in Abyss 12.jpg (2MB, 3712x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Made in Abyss 12.jpg
2MB, 3712x1080px
>>383505867
>>383505958
Made in Abyss
>>
The remake of Rondo on PSP is pretty good, I've been playing it the last couple days. It seems a little easier than the original when I play them back to back.
>>
>>383505885
It's great but it's not quite as tight as the classics
I like it better than Rondo though, Rondo's got better level design but I can't quite get into the animu aesthetic

>>383506140
It is the Daft Punk anime then.
>>
>>383505867
>They probably shouldn't even have given IGA a chance to begin with, given his previous history with 3D entries.

His 3D games were decent but you could tell they were made for pennies. A good dev team plus bigger budget and it could do wonders.

I feel like if Iga teamed up with Platinum games magic could be made.

>>383505885

Absurdly over rated game that gets by because of nostalgia. It's typically the first Castlevania game people played for people in their 20's or early 30's.
>>
>>383506018
The game had a stunning atmosphere, great graphics, magnificent soundtrack and a great homage to the series. It's easier because the level design and game design isn't complete ass.
>>
>>383506259
Bloodborne is the closest we're gonna get to a legit 3D Castlevania.
>>
>>383506361
>Bloodborne is the closest we're gonna get to a legit 3D Castlevania.

I think you need jumping and exploring a big castle with branching paths and outside. Parts of Dark Souls feel a bit like a metroidvania since everything connects.
>>
>>383506259
>Overrated
Aside from rondo of blood none of the classicvanias come close.
>>
>>383506595
>Aside from rondo of blood none of the classicvanias come close.

1 and 3 blow 4 out of the water.
>>
Why was the humour so juvenile? Why was the supporting cast so terrible (and even Trevor wasn't that great)? Why did I like it despite these shortcomings?
>>
Am I the only one who thinks the new show is extremely overrated? Sure it stays true to the old games but as a show it was pretty bad
>>
>>383506926
It's made for 15 year old males who like video games
>>
>>383484514
>tfw Alucard will never suck you dry

Why live...
>>
>>383492934
>poorly animated

b8
>>
>>383506595
>Aside from rondo of blood none of the classicvanias come close.
1 and 3 do.
And SCIV has subpar bosses and music, though the things you can do with the whip make it stand out. If I had to remake a game I'd choose this one.
>>
>>383506979
it was bad, but people are full of nostalgia and shit around here, the same reason they can't admit that Lords of Shadow is in every way superior to the old Castlevanias
>>
>>383507857
Kill yourself my man
>>
File: 1285953306202.jpg (46KB, 446x388px) Image search: [Google]
1285953306202.jpg
46KB, 446x388px
>>383507857
>>
File: devilman-crybaby-visual.jpg (402KB, 2320x3280px) Image search: [Google]
devilman-crybaby-visual.jpg
402KB, 2320x3280px
>>383493040
Yeah, Devilman Crybaby. Weird title, but it sure looks cool.
>>
>>383507857

... whut
>>
>>383487903
>objectively dated mechanics
What does that even mean?
>>
File: C45-UC2942.jpg (62KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C45-UC2942.jpg
62KB, 1000x1000px
>>383495163
>So is anduril, the sword from LOTR.
Looks more like Gandalf's sword Glamdring.
>>
The lighting really reminded me of ufotable's stuff. Did anyone else get the same feeling?
>>
>>383507857
>Lords of Shit apologists have shit tastes
Shocker!
>>
>>383507857
>Lords of Shadow is in every way superior to the old Castlevanias
I'll take the bait. Story is convoluted and terrible, bad even for Castlevania's Standards, but still not Portrait of Ruin. The characters from previous games are pasted a la dragonball evolution and the plot itself is nonsensical, as if written chunk by chunk, and the chunks don't fit together.
Gameplay is subpar. Instead of cool DmC shit like LoI or Devil Forging with those combos and chain attacks you have god of war-ish mechanics with an insanely boring range and quick time events. Not to mention that Gabriel looks like he's eaten a bunch of traffic lights with all these colorful flashes all around.
Lament of Innocence itself, with 6/10 combat feels better than this because the combos are more well-thought and you have the subweapon system with extra items to add some interesting things.
Now you may argue that platforming is better than any other Castlevania game. You'd be wrong. Even if it's a pretty cinematic experience and it looks really better than any of the previous games, gameplay wise is as mediocre as the climbing system used by Shadow of Mordor or Assassin's creed.

Then there's the music. Nothing of which I can say about the music can convince you more than listening to it after having played any of the previous games.
>>
I liked it.

I was expecting another Bram Stoker Dracula story with Castlevania names slapped onto it but it actually seems to be made by people who like the games, like there's tons of tiny nods.

Animation is a bit inconsistent but when it spiked it was really good and aside from the mob being AWFULLY easy to convince to turn on the priest the writing was good enough for me throughout the whole thing.

Just a shame there's no arranges of existing Castlevania music and no skeletons.

Still fuck, I expected nothing and got a pretty damn enjoyable flick in return.
>>
>>383509206
you're being baited and you fell for it.
>>
>>383509417
So you're saying he was just pretending to be retarded so everyone would call him a retard, as a joke?
>>
>>383506926
>Why did I like it despite these shortcomings?
Because everything can work if well executed, there is nothing bad a priori, people who are over 18 should know that.
>>
>>383509514
No? He's trying to rile people up and/or fish for attention.
>>
>>383506926
Cause everyone was expecting it to be beyond horrible and it turns out to at least be decent fanservice.
>>
>>383508734
>Weird title,
It's there for contrast I guess, and Akira is a crybaby in the first part of the manga.
>>
Am I the only one who likes alcoholic, wisecracking and sarcastic Trevor Belmont?
>>
>>383484514
>Doke doke dokeeee
>>
>>383509951

I love it, then again I love jaded, sarcastic assholes who use humor as a defense mechanism because I relate.
>>
>>383509951
I liked him a lot.
>>
>>383507857
I've never played a Castlemania game in my life aside from like 20 minutes of the first DS game and I enjoyed it.
>>
SCV4's whip was fun as fuck. Why don't later whip games do that? Well i think you could do it in PoR.
>>
>>383509951
It was a thoroughly inoffensive take on what was otherwise a blank slate of a character in the game
>>
>>383510213
It felt a bit like an improved version of rebooted Dante.
>>
File: 1499645754452.png (2MB, 1056x2372px) Image search: [Google]
1499645754452.png
2MB, 1056x2372px
>>383509951

Yes, but I predict Trevor will sober up and become more heroic as time goes on.

I hope he does keep his wise-cracking trait though.
>>
>>383509951
It was alright, a few times he started to slip into cringey neckbeard territory but overall he was a decent character.
>>
>>383510191
Bloodlines and I think Chronicles have some but not all of that functionality. Julius in Harmony of Despair is the only other time a Belmont got that full multidirectional whipping that CV4 Simon has.
>>
>>383510458
The whip user in bloodlines could hnag from ceilings i think but he had less directional flexibility than the lance. Really makes you think.
>>
>Well she fucks me, don't she?
>>
>>383509265
capped this post as a future reminder of the delusion of castlevania nostalgiafags
maybe you just have shit taste but it's too late for that now
>>
>>383510282
I mean, I'd drink her pee.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 250x201px
>>383510689
>>
>>383502026
he just pulled from what was already in the games
>>
>>383510849
he's right tho
LoS is shit, especially 2 and MoF, here's your (You)
>>
Whats the last non-metroidvania castlevania game ever made, excluding remakes obviously.

Was it Rondo of Blood?
>>
>>383509265
>it's bad because it's not like the previous games: the post
get some fucking perspective lad
>>
>>383511513

Legends on the Gameboy.
>>
>>383511513
Castlevania Rebirth on the Wii.
>>
>>383511627
That's a remake.
>>
>>383511670
It's pretty much an entirely new game.
>>
>>383511572
But the game is bad tho.

They changed the story which was already great.

They went with the GoW formula.

Dammit is shit.
>>
>>383511513
OoE isn't a metroidvania. Its late game when you get to the castle and it isn't a big one.
>>
>>383511785
>OoE isn't a metroidvania
What? I avoided it because I thought it was

Damn, I gotta buy it now.
>>
>>383512068
It controls more like AoS than a classicvania (though has its own unique gimmick that no other game uses), but the actual locations are small and disconnected until you get to the small caslte at the end. If you were tired of metroidvanias its some fresh air.
>>
>replay CV3 for this show but this time the jap version since i heard its better
>that higher quality music
>Grant shoots his dagger making him actually useful
What the hell happened in the localization.
>>
File: 1466071090995.gif (4KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
1466071090995.gif
4KB, 200x260px
>>383511769
>They changed the story which was already great.
>story which was already great.
>story
>great
>old castlevania
>>
>>383512681

They liked to make American versions harder back then. Sega did it too.
>>
>>383512681
>What the hell happened in the localization.

Jews feared the Rentals, so they made everything super hard.
>>
>>383512681
I actually prefer the western release. There are new enemy placements that make certain areas more interesting (like bats in the pendulum area before the final keep), certain bosses are more threatening (the mummies), Dracula's final form isn't actually busted, and its hard mode is a lot more interesting thanks to upgraded enemies (specifically the nightmarish skull heads that replace medusa heads).

The only real drawback for me is that Sypha is less useful since her lightning spell is both less common and less effective.
>>
>>383512681
Localized Grant still has his uses while Japanese Grant is downright broken. I feel like I'm cheating whenever I use him in the Japanese version.
>>
>>383512681
Probably wanted to entertain some kind of "Hardcore" crowd.
There's a few instances of this, for example Metroid Fusion doesn't have an Easy Mode in the West.
>>
>>383513252
Metroid Fusion in the west also doesn't have hard mode.
>>
>>383513252

And Streets of Rage 3 cut Easy Mode, made Hard Normal, and made Extra Hard regular Hard.
>>
>>383500405
It's possible Mathias sired more vampires to keep Leon and sons busy over the years.
>>
>>383484514
Where is Grant?
>>
>>383510282

This exchange is kind of terrible, and the joke is forced. Like the writer really wanted to reference her pee in some way and just kind of shoehorned it in.
>>
>>383513141
>>383513153
This. I love the music in Akumajou Densetsu, but I wouldn't say the Western release is a downgrade in any other respect.
>>
>>383513758
Next Season.
>>
File: 1495804337469.png (10KB, 205x204px) Image search: [Google]
1495804337469.png
10KB, 205x204px
>>383484514
>As a diehard Castlevanka fan, they got my approval.

you're no die hard if you didn't immediately get mad at the sight of a blonde Alucard
>>
>>383509405
>the mob being AWFULLY easy to convince to turn on the priest

I imagine they wanted to do that for a while, they were just afraid to until Trevor took out the other priests.
>>
>>383495232
says you
>>
>>383489208
I have to say that this is some great posts, thanks anon.
>>
File: 1407387608050.jpg (752KB, 2291x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1407387608050.jpg
752KB, 2291x1164px
>>383514829
Ayami's Alucard was always blonde. A shade lighter than Lisa or Maria's hair but not full on white like Dracula's.
>>
>>383515587

Great, now I can never not notice Maria's Derpface.
>>
>>383515587
I think he might be referring to how Alucard had black hair in the original Castlevania 3 art.

It's splitting hairs, though. His Symphony of the Night look is what's most known and iconic so I'm not surprised they went for it. He just looked like small dracula in 3 anyways.
>>
if you like this show you're probably a cuck
>>
>>383516129
If you unironically use the word cuck you're probably projecting your own insecurities.
>>
>>383511572
Same as the new DmC is bad because it's not Devil May Cry, but even worse because it doesn't have the tiniest bit of Castlevania except good design. It makes it look as if the team was capable and more than able to do it right, but they didn't because of bad decisions from above. If we compare it to any of the previous games it's shit. They're simply better, more fun. The only bad thing about them is the cell system due to engine limitations, which isn't that much better in LoS because it's just pretty environments that feel as closed as the PS2 castle cells with little to no enemy variation.
>>
>>383516129
>plot is about stopping a man who's confronting other men who left his wife hot and bothered
Literally cuck propaganda to teach young men it's socially unacceptable to take offense at other men angling for your woman.
Thread posts: 446
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.