[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play this or buy the zodiac age? Looking online I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: FFXII_IZJS_Logo.png (98KB, 250x288px) Image search: [Google]
FFXII_IZJS_Logo.png
98KB, 250x288px
Should I play this or buy the zodiac age?
Looking online I can't see if there are any major differences between this and the new one
>>
each character now can have two jobs
>>
>>383480091
Can I give Fran the job as a pole dancer?
>>
>>383480091
I still haven't seen a source on that aside from /v/?
>>
>>383480591
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/08/the-long-path-to-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/

>The content of the License Board in the original FFXII is the same for all characters, but we have created 12 jobs (like Knight, Monk, and Black Mage) and corresponding License Boards for each. The player can now choose between two jobs per character and develop each character from there.
>>
Jobs were a mistake.
>>
File: Pharos-at-Ridorana.png (210KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
Pharos-at-Ridorana.png
210KB, 512x341px
Will play it soon
>>
The reason people bitched about the original is because they didn't know how to soft pick a class. Every character could be radically different in the beginning of the game if only people picked different paths of license tiles. At the end of the game they would all be the same, sure, but you would need the flexibility there since the end of the game is pretty hard.

I've been playing the IZJS version on my PC (not the new one, the patched PS2 ISO) and sure, I've been having a good time but there's just too much stuff too early. Monks get too much HP too early and mages get access to very few good weapons.
>>
File: ashe.jpg (12KB, 180x220px) Image search: [Google]
ashe.jpg
12KB, 180x220px
>>383480039

Princess Ashe A BEST
>>
>>383480039
Main differences are the slightly better visuals, characters having two jobs and a faster battle skip
>>
>>383482068
I hear they unfucked the big spells?
>>
>>383482171
thats honestly the most important change, there is no longer spell ques where you needed one spell to end before another started
>>
>>383481961
In the original version you didn't know where different skills and abilities were on licence board, so planning any kind of build was kinda difficult.

Also; Job System >> Do Whatever System, always.
>>
Does it have Revenant Wings remaster?
>>
>>383481581
>383481581
>>383481581
>>383481581
this place was long. i think you could get lost here.
>>
two jobs per char instead of just one, other than that they claim to have improved the speedup button to be more useful. It's not worth $50 though, not by a long shot. when it's $20 it'll be worth it. Why they didn't bundle another game with it like the FFXIV starter bundle that's going for like $20 on it's own is beyond me, especially in the current re-release market that's FILLED with collections of 2-5 games.
>>
no spell queue and 2 jobs makes it worth it IMO
also better character models and remastered OST, though I can't comment on the latter because i haven't heard it
>>
>>383483934

I'll just torrent it anyways. It's better than the AAA games today.
>>
>>383484181
There's no pc release planned, but if you have ps4 cfw or something go for it. I'm sure it's a great port, really, but the "new content" isn't worth it. I was more comfortable paying the price they asked for FFXHD because it had brand new content that was never included in FFX2, plus it was a two game+movie collection. Much easier pill to swallow than one game.
>>
did they get rid of the little pause when your character draws/puts away weapon?
>>
File: Mastered-License-Board.jpg (42KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Mastered-License-Board.jpg
42KB, 512x448px
>>383481961
>The reason people bitched about the original is because they didn't know how to soft pick a class.
But you had to have a guide to do that. The license board is only reveals the next license in each cardinal direction that you just got and it was all so haphazardly mixed that you'd certainly have to go through a lot of shit you didn't want for a character. At the same time you have to grind a whole lot more in the original to max out each character's board (akin to maxing out the FFX Sphere Grid) despite classes if you wanted all the goodies to challenge the bonus bosses with. The Job System removed both those problems by limiting each character within the frame of their job and having to work within it. It was a much more intuitive system.
>>
been playing for a couple hours, excited to play my favorite FF again
>>
>>383484648
even if they didnt it wont matter much when you can 10x all animation speeds at will
>>
File: sweat.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.png
57KB, 250x250px
>Kinda want to give ZJA a go.
>Have to make crucial decisions in terms of job/esper assignment that is permanent which I know nothing about
This is why I'm hesitant to buy this game, this is worse than picking a name for MMO.
>>
PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED ZODIAC AGE

how does the 2 job system work? Do the license boards stack or can you only have 1 active at a time?
>>
>>383484878
I'd say the biggest issue with IZJS was that you are told to pick a class very early on and it's a decision that cannot be changed so if you don't know what all of what a class is, what all the jumbo about Lores and stuff are, and don't know how each character's stat growths work with what weapons and skills (like how a fucking mace's damage scales with Magic and not Strength) then you're just shit out of luck because you have that one job for the rest of the game. Zodiac Jobs "fixes" that by giving you a second choice for another unused class down the line.
>>383485469
By the time you unlock most of the Espers, you'll probably know what you want to do with them. With jobs, Vaan is good at everything, both of Ashe's offense stat growths are even so she excels at most jobs except Breaker, Basche and to a lesser extent Balthier are your better physical fighters, Penelo is your strongest mage, and Fran's low stat growth kinda sucks at everything.
>>
>>383485469
fucking up your characters and then trying to beat the game is always satisfying
>>
i'm really not surprised they didn't do much to it aside from some QOL tweaks, having played the original recently it feels astoundingly modern and polished for a 10+ year old game
>>
i can emulate this game perfectly fine right? 5820k/980ti
>>
File: 1497987990464.png (6KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
1497987990464.png
6KB, 264x191px
>yfw this sells like hot cakes and we get an all new Ivalice Alliance game
>>
>>383485967
PS4 version is different compared to the PS2 version
But yeah PS2 version should run on your PC
>>
>>383486263
Slim changes of that happening since I don't think most people liked 12 that much when it came out.
>>
>>383480039
two jobs, jap voice, 4x speed, better abs for Vaan
>>
>>383486531
Yeah and since we've gotten 13 and 15, people may change their minds
>>
>>383484308

>There's no pc release planned

>smile and optimism: gone
>>
>>383486263
>replaying vagrant story in anticipation of TZA
>realize SE picked the wrong game to remake with VII
Fuck, VS with modern graphics but the same combat system would be amazing. Doling out a little bit of story in each room is so satisfying.
>>
>>383486839
That's true.
Maybe people also finally realized 10 is a shit game after the HD remaster.

12 is way closer to the glory classic FF games than anything that came after 9.
>>
File: IMG_0114.jpg (85KB, 507x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.jpg
85KB, 507x960px
>>383480039
I heard Fran's ass have much better textures and 10x the polygons of the original!
>>
>>383480591

it's literally in all reviews and piece of info released so far you fucking inbred cretin
>>
>>383486957
it's not confirmed anyway, but I would reckon they'll get to it in a year or two, like they did for FFX HD. There's no reason to not have one, really.
>>
>>383487179
>12 is way closer to the glory classic FF games
this, really rumbles my johnsons when people say it started the downfall of FF, if anything it was the last chance of saving it
>>
>>383480039
Wait for the PC version
>>
>>383480259
No but you can give her the footslut class if you choose
>>
>>383488124

Same. It's fine if XII wasn't your thing, but don't say the series died with it. XIII is definitely the culprit, even though I don't hate that game.
>>
File: 1494860755178.jpg (33KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1494860755178.jpg
33KB, 400x388px
>preordered special edition from GAME
>still not shipped and release day is tomorrow

REEEEE I want my game!!!
>>
>>383488351
>preordering physical copies
that's what you get my man.
>>
>>383488457
I dunno what the hubbub is about preordering. As long as you're smart about it and don't pre-order games that are likely to be fucked up then you're fine.

I guess I just got too used to Amazon being so efficient. GAME are pretty cancerous but only they had the dope steelbook
>>
>>383487891
What is this?
>>
>>383485679
Pls respond
>>
>>383488569
I don't see the point of preordering unless there's an incentive

I just walk into GameStop after work and pick up a copy. I've never seen a game out of stock.
>>
should i just go with my gut and make everyone's jobs go with the character? like vaan a samurai and theif, baltheir a gunner, would i do good in the game?
>>
>>383488457
Preordering makes thin sense so much easier when you've seen what you need to see to get the game. Just press order a couple weeks before launch when you have money, wake up on release day and grab the game from the mail while you brew your coffee
>>
>>383488790
As far as this game is concerned, pretty sure the game is not even in third party retailers and is sold through square enix, Ps store and amazon

So of course I'm going to pre order because the game is like 40 gigs and I like physical copies so I don't use all the space on my ps4 hard drive and there is no reason to order on launch day just so you wait a couple more days to actually play
>>
>>383488831
It depends on IF SOMEONE WILL ANSWER ME
>>383485679

If license boards stack, then it's best to choose jobs with the lowest overlap in licenses (e.g. Knight and Black Mage). If you can only have 1 active at a time, it's best to specialize by character stats (Vann as Knight because Knight has very few speed licenses and Vann's speed makes up for it)
>>
>>383485469
That's the point, its permanent so you're forced to live with your decisions. I like it, makes me want to commit and do the best with what I chose.
>>
>>383488831
might as well now that there are 2 jobs per char
>>
>>383488569
>>383488837
preordering physically unless ytou're going to a midnight release or something is always inferior to digital preordering, if you're going to preorder anyway. You almost never get the game on time because of retarded shipping delays or if you're in a less than fortunate country fucktard customs.
>>
>>383489413
I'm always afraid of special editions selling out though
>>
>>383488351
>>383488790

>completely forgot about the release date for zodiac age had no idea it was so close
>missed out on getting that sweet ass steelbook
>>
>>383488569
Amazon is so good I don't even care about the steelbook (It would look weird on my shelf as well). I'm getting the game for 30 bucks because of them, and I don't have to leave my house which is another plus. I haven't bothered with Gamestop for years. Its like with books, why even go to a bookstore when ordering them is guaranteed to be much cheaper and less of a hassle?
>>
>>383480039
>Horrible battle system
>Grind for AP to use a fucking weapon that's across the other side of the license board
>Grind for gold to buy gambit to use the weapon found in the license board
>Cast magic one by one, losing queue and needing to always have a heal spell
>BUBBLE HASTE BERSERK!
>Horrible characters
>Terrible Star Wars story that doesn't even Star Wars correctly
>10 Races in Ivalice, 5/6 are Humans
>Summons are terrible
>Spells are terrible because of queing
>Forced to use Quickening chains all day every day
>Grind for gold, exp, ap
>Sidequests are hunts, nothing but hunts

The game was shit 12 years ago, it's shit now. Even if they fixed a few things, the core of the gameplay is still atrocious.
>>
>>383490582
Spell queue is gone in the PS4 version
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (48KB, 596x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
48KB, 596x960px
>>383488585
The best ass in China
>>
haha any barefoot girls in xii?
>>
>>383490582
what about
>forced stopped movement every time weapons are pulled out/put away before/after battle
>>
>>383490582
why is here a token shitposter in every xii thread?
>>
File: 5OvpswY.png (27KB, 730x258px) Image search: [Google]
5OvpswY.png
27KB, 730x258px
dropped
>>
>>383493121
Fucking hate that pretentious twat. Hope he dies soon.

Also, it's a fucking RPG. Why would you even need 60 fps, anyway?
>>
>>383488831
>samurai Vaan

Vaan feels more like a monk honestly. But yeah you can just pick whatever you fancy, it's a singleplayer game you can 100% with any combination of job/characters at all. I don't know why people are being so autistic about this and resorting to minmax instead of just enjoying it.
>>
>>383493121
That cunt doesn't even play games anymore. Checks the options menu because his job requires it and goes back to his mobile games.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.