[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what the hell made Activision decide to greenlight a new Crash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
So what the hell made Activision decide to greenlight a new Crash game NOW?
Why did Activision revive Crash? What scared them from finally giving the franchise some attention after 7 years?

I bet they're kicking themselves from not doing anything with it sooner.
>>
literally just a cash grab
>>
>>383478994
*crash grab
>>
>>383478994
>Literally a cash grab

So why didn't they do it sooner if the name alone is raking in the dough? Why now?
>>
I think it's mostly just testing the waters right now. If this Crash trilogy HD thing sells well, they might think about making more Crash Bandicoot games. And from what I can tell, it's sold very well. So I'm expecting more Vicarious Visions CB games down the pipeline.
>>
>>383478912
Maybe the fact the franchise fell from grace right after Cortex's wrath?
The other games didn't sell well and the fact Crash games were on every platform was pretty much the proof they needed to invest in this franchise for the last time, rebooting it.
It went bad, they tried but the trend was over and pretty much everyone moved on other "grown up" franchises so Crash didn't really had this niche anymore.
Ps3-360 gen was useless for platformers too and whenever someone wanted activision to know they wanted another Crash game they thought "Crash fanbase is literally a couple of crying virgins / nostalgia babbies let's just stick with safer franchises."
Now the fact their franchises aren't trendy anymore and skylanders died triggered this remake decision and it worked since remasters and remakes are really trendy and loved by people who otherwise wouldn't even buy videogames: oldfags like us

WOAH
>>
>>383479149
If this sold well, a CTR remake would sell even more.
>>
You can't have a franchise with this potential and not do anything with it.
>>
>>383478912
We needed Dark Souls to pave the way for casuals to experience the difficulty that is Crash 1.
>>
>>383478912
gotta use those copyrights every now and then top keep them fresh
shit out a remake every decade to keep em locked away
>>
Because people kept begging sony. Sony then asked activision and probably paid out of their ass for timed exclusivity. I don't know if you remember but 2 or 3 years ago sony brought back some of the most requested games. Not because they are in touch with their userbase but because everyone kept begging them and they saw that there's money to be made. Yakuza 0, Kiwami and 6 localizations are also because sony paid sega.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.