[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm not a consolefag >Not trying to start a war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: d0a.jpg (34KB, 680x600px) Image search: [Google]
d0a.jpg
34KB, 680x600px
>I'm not a consolefag

>Not trying to start a war

>Just want your opinions in a non aggressive way to we can have a nice chat in a board dedicated to video games

So, wondering if I should buy a ps4, does this meme still apply and will I need to buy another variant of a more powerful ps4 in the next 2 years? Because I don't wanna do that
>>
>>383475928

Depends if it has games you want.
>>
who are you quoting
>>
File: 1464959401946.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1464959401946.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
>reddit spacing
>>
>>383475928
I recently bought a PS4, and here's what I did
Go through the library of games on the console (like on wikipedia or something) and write down all the ones that interest you
Then see if that list is big enough, or includes enough system sellers for you to want to buy the console

Also I think the PS4 Pro is just a meme, mostly just for 4k gaming
Absolutely useless if you don't have a 4k TV
>>
>>383475928
a multi-way idort here.
Unless you're a really, REALLY HC fan of Squaresoft JRPGs, do not get PS4 just yet. I got the system almost exclusively for FF15, KH3 and Death Stranding, of only 1 is even out so far and it ended up being very meh experience.

Pro is merely the proper 1080p/60fps system we were promised already back in early 00s, but Sony failed to deliver with the initial release. And it's plagued with many childish problems that may or may not get fixed later on.

There are already rumors about Sony planning to release, or at least reveal, their next-gen console in 2018. Depending on how big of a gap there will be, PS4 in whole might already be dying.
>>
>>383475928
Get a used Vanilla PS4 from Game for €170, buy the games.

The Pro is out, but if its power you want, you should be playing on PC. PS4 is great cause of its library. Get the cheapest one.
>>
>>383476116
>Go through the library of games on the console (like on wikipedia or something) and write down all the ones that interest you
>Then see if that list is big enough, or includes enough system sellers for you to want to buy the console

I did the exact same thing. There were enough games, most of them Japanese shit, to compel me to buy it.

A console's worth is completely determined by you. If it has enough games that interest you, then sure. I'm not sure why else you'd buy it.
>>
>>383476116
>Also I think the PS4 Pro is just a meme, mostly just for 4k gaming
What's with this gullible misconception?
Pro is NOT a real 4K machine. Huge majority of its "better" specs utilizing games are merely ~1200p games, upscaled to 4K res, OR use shitty tricks like interlacing or checkerboard rendering to fake 4K appearance. And even then you're stuck with (often sub-) 30 fps.

I purchased Pro just recently even though I only have a 1080p TV, because of the Boost mode, meaning higher framerates AND anti-aliasing, resulting overall better experience.
>>
File: -v-'s PS3 beginner's guide.jpg (2MB, 1500x3400px) Image search: [Google]
-v-'s PS3 beginner's guide.jpg
2MB, 1500x3400px
>>383475928
I'll be straight and honest with ya:
Get PS3 instead.

Cheaper, bigger library, limited backwards compatibility (ALL versions run PS1 discs still, and PSN Store's full of Classics of 1 & 2), free online gaming, and assuming you get Fat or normal-Slim, they're also piss easy to jailbreak.
>>
There's few points to consider.
>Do you have PS3?
If so, you don't need PS4, most "Sony Exclusives" still get PS3 releases.
>Do you like Japanese games?
If no, don't bother. Only exclusives worth noting are Japanese.
>Do you already own a good PC, or XBone?
If so, you can play multiplats on them. If not, PS4 is worth buying.

Don't bother with Pro. The quality increase is negliable.
>>
>>383476182
>There are already rumors about Sony planning to release, or at least reveal, their next-gen console in 2018.
There are no such rumors, quit making shit up. PS5 won't be revealed till 2019 at the earliest, with a likely 2020 launch. Sony consoles all have a 6 year cycle, and Sony doesn't benefit from killing off a successful console just when its ramping up. It'd be an incredibly stupid business decision. Use your fucking head for once.
>>
>>383476435
>This is my first time hearing such rumor, so it must not exist!
FTFY.
This shit surfaced already weeks ago.
>>
>>383476280
One of the biggest reasons I got my PS4 was for some of the improved ports or remasters of games
People normally don';t like to count them as exclusives, but I've never played games like Kingdom Hearts before, so why not get it on the PS4?

>>383476310
I know that the Pro can't do true 4k, but I thought that was it's "thing", and that it didn't use that extra processing power to just run 1080p games at a better framerate
Still, for the price it goes for, I was happy enough to settle with the cheaper slim model
>>
>>383476491
First of all, citation needed. Second of all. You're an idiot.

Anyone can make up a rumor, and again, it'd be an incredibly stupid business move.
>>
>>383475928
Well you're obviously trying to start console war since you're asking /v/ - Nintendo if you should buy a Sony product. Just fucking Google the games and see if you like it then if you actually wanna know, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>383476549
>First of all, citation needed
you won't get one, as the first time I heard about it was on this very /v/. And the threads containing the source links obviously have been 404'd ages ago.

>Anyone can make up a rumor
yes that is the nature of RUMORS.

tl;dr: you're just throwing a childish tantrum out of someone saying that there is a RUMOR about new stuff coming out soon.
>>
>>383476568
>you're not allowed to talk about Sony on my forum
Fuck off.
>>
>>383475928
That line spacing though.
>>
File: 1498437735522.gif (21KB, 768x646px) Image search: [Google]
1498437735522.gif
21KB, 768x646px
>>383476108
fuck off with this meme already
>>
>>383476527
>and that it didn't use that extra processing power to just run 1080p games at a better framerate

Only some games. If you don't have a 4k TV, the difference really is negligible. Look at some of the videos on DF. In some cases, the Pro offers a more stable framerate than the base model and slightly better visual detail, but the differences can only be seen if you're really looking for them.

The PS4 Pro isn't enough of an upgrade to, say, increase the framerate on a game like Prey to 60fps, and I think that sums up the problem with it as a whole. It's good enough to offer slight improvements over the base model, but nothing substantial enough that it will significantly affect the experience, especially if you're not using a 4k TV.
>>
File: n,mn.jpg (505KB, 1653x825px) Image search: [Google]
n,mn.jpg
505KB, 1653x825px
>>383475928
Here's the rundown, anyone who disputes this is retarded

xbone/ps4/pc all get most games
Nintendo and PC are the only ones to get popular (key word) exclusives
>>
>>383476108
The spacing is literally because of phoneposting, which is punishment enough, so cut the dude some slack. Also, please end this meme.
>>
>>383476683
>don't buy a PS4 cause I heard a rumor that the PS5 is coming out next year
You're an absolute moron. Next you're gonna tell me your dad's name is Sony, right?

Fucking retard. I already told you to use your head, anyone with basic pattern recognition and a simple business sense can tell you why you and your """""""rumor"""""" are full of shit.
>b-but I read it on /v/
>everything posted here is a work of FICTION, only an absolute moron would take what's posted here seriously
>>
>>383476108
>wanting literal walls of text
Fucking kys, dumb animeposter
>>
>>383476753
this is anon's wife. he just had a seizure. we're saving your post in a screenshot and will be pressing forward with a police report.
>>
>>383476824
Ah, ok. That's definitely a shame, because I would have actually been interested if the goal of the PS4 Pro was to improve frame rates
But thanks for clarifying, I'll keep it in mind so I don't spread misinformation about it
>>
>>383476838
I don't care about popular games, I care about GOOD games you stupid dildo. Go brag about your BingBingWahoo Japanese sales in your daily media create circlejerk.
>>
>>383476491
Rumours of the PS5 launching in 2018 began earlier this year. What I'm hearing, however, is that the hardware required wouldn't be ready for the console until 2019 and production costs for it would be too high until 2020.
>>
>>383475928
There aren't enough games out on both PS4 or One to warrant a change in consoles.
Fuck. The Switch was launched this year and already has more titles counting the ones that were announced than both. If you take into account that there are some WiiU ports it is nice.

With all that. I'd wait more to buy a PS4, it is along with the Switch the only ones I'd ever consider buying at all, but the PS4 still doesn't have enough to make me buy it.

If you want to play games NOW you are better off buying games that launched for both or getting a new PC.

This gen is dead.
>>
>>383476914
OK, who are you quoting exactly here?
Moving goalposts is one thing, but you seem to be experiencing audio-visual delusions.
>>
>>383476435
How is that even good? PS4 is out since 2014 and it barely has any games at all. will 2 more years really make it for that piece of shit? Is the PS4 the WiiU of Sony?
>>
>>383477012
I'm not even a nintenbro, I'm stating the truth that v is too stupid to realise.
>>
>>383477047
>There aren't enough games out on both PS4 or One to warrant a change in consoles.
>Fuck. The Switch was launched this year and already has more titles counting the ones that were announced than both.
i wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>383475928
Do you like weeb games beyond occasional Final Fantasy?
Do you like action adventure games with focus on storyline and visuals?
Do you like Souls games?
Do you like to play with your friends who have PS4?
If answer for at least 2 of them is yes, go for it.

If not, stick to PC or buy an XboneX in few months.
>>
File: Tewi.png (92KB, 373x398px) Image search: [Google]
Tewi.png
92KB, 373x398px
>>383476974
anime posters wewlad

pic related is anime?
>>
>>383475928
I have an idea. Why don't you look up the ps4's game library and make up your own mind? There is no reason to buy a console if it doesn't have games you want to play on it.
>>
>>383477004
Some games actually do bump framerate to 60, like Nioh and a couple others but it has to be the dev's decision, and it actually comes with a prompt between 60@1080p or 30@4k.
>>
>>383476981
This would only work if we were on a normal fag website.
He deserves it for posting this forced meme.
>>
>>383475928
OP, if you have to get someone else to rationalize a purchase that you're going to make, then dont make that purchase.
>>
File: IMG_20170615_191635.png (161KB, 720x941px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_191635.png
161KB, 720x941px
>>383477039
Anyone who genuinely believes that the PS5 would launch before 2020 is an absolute retard and deserves to be lobotomized.

Yes, Sony is about to release a risky and expensive new console with no games into the market when their current console is dominating it. Yes, let's cannibalize our own PS4 sales and split our consumer base with money sink that also won't sell. What an absolute fucking retard. When consoles are successful, they tend to live longer. There's no reason to launch a PS5 any time soon, especially not when Sony is expecting the PS4 to break past 100 Million lifetime units before endgen. PS4 still has a solid 3 years left in it. Nintendo and MS launching midgen consoles is cause they're getting trashed that badly and are desperate. Sony doesn't need to play at the beat of their drum, they're leading the pack. What they need to do is keep getting more exclusive content to further dominate the competition.

What good would it do to kill the PS4 early by launching a risky and rushed PS5 next year.

Only an absolute retard believes those rumors.
>>
>>383477449
who said it would be "PS5"?
If anything, chances of Sony releasing a "Pro Slim" or something are much more likely. Gotta compete with that Scorpion, after all.
>>
File: 13227247.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
13227247.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>383475928
>will I need to buy another variant of a more powerful ps4 in the next 2 years?
Why would you need to do that? Just get a PS2 or PS3 if you want a console with a decent vidya library.
>>
Good games on ps4
>Persona 5
>Disgaea 5
>Valkyrie chronicles remaster
>Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
>Yakuza 0
>Nier Automata
>Kh:1.5+2.5
>Bloodborne
>>
>>383475928
Shouldnt that image contain the switch instead?
>>
>>383477715
>on ps3
>coming to switch
>not sure about the exclusivity of this one
>on vita
>true exclusive
>on pc
>on ps3
>true exclusive

That being said I love my PS4 and also my vita but I can see why some people arent biting. Once Yakuza 0 was out and I could buy the console new for 250 I was sold.
>>
>>383477715
It's a damn shame everything but bloodborne can be played in another system.
>>
>>383477161
Someone that actually looked up what was out for the fucking consoles.
If you buy a console for ONE game, that's another deal. I don't like.
I wasn't even really considering getting a Switch before Prime 4 was announced. And I'll still wait to see if it isn't a piece of shit like Other M. Adding Metroid to other Nintendo games that are looking good, it's almost there.

Meanwhile the PS4 only has a handful of interesting exclusives, tons of remasters of games I played already and ones I don't give a shit about like Crash.
Horizon, another meme open-world game, no thanks.
Bloodborne, I'm tired of Souls after Demon's Souls already.
Uncharted, I only liked 2, hated the others.
Infamous, looks crap, the first one was crap too, also open-world yay.
Another Batman Arkham City clone, but with Spider-Man
Of the exclusives Only Nioh has my interest piqued enough to make me want to buy it.
And tons of shit that I can play on PC.
>>
>>383476974
I hope in the future all media adopts reddit spacing.
Down with the walls.
>>
>>383477715
>most of them aren't ps4 exclusives
hmmmm...
i wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>383477791
>>383477832
Yeah that's exactly my point. There are really few exclusive that are worth playing, and you can play most of the ps4 library on other systems.
>>
>>383477505
>talks about a "next-gen" console
>I-it's not PS5 I didn't say that

Seriously? Current-gen IS PS4

Either you are not the same guy and you didn't read the discussion at all or you are him and is just trying to bait. Both options are terrible. Go to school or something else.
>>
>>383477889
Don't say that to Trumpalino. He won't use reddit spacing with his border walls of text
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.