[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one man be so wrong in one short video? Ocarina is fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
How can one man be so wrong in one short video?

Ocarina is fucking GOAT. You must be underage if you don't see how groundbreaking it was.
>>
Why do you care what he thinks?
>>
File: arin.png (120KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
arin.png
120KB, 600x600px
>it's a flash animator pretends to be an expert game designer episode
>>
I was really bad. I remember not being able to get passed the lasers across the bridge over the pit of lava
>>
I usually agree with him, but the thrill of "backtracking" as a positive was incredibly retarded
>>
>>383472281
The problem with the video is the multitudes of double standards. It really doesn't help that Arin has a very clear bias against OoT though.
>>
>>383472281
He has some good points and I also like ALttP better than OoT. Also, stop caring what others, especially Arin, thinks.
>>
>>383472281
take your youtuber shit out of the fucking vidya board
A faggot yelling at a screen is a faggot yelling at a screen, not videogames.
Out, now
>>
File: veryfrench.png (630B, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
veryfrench.png
630B, 96x96px
>>383472281
All Zelda games are overrated.
I've recently played OoT for the first time and I couldn't help but compare it to my personal experience of playing LBA2.
Both can be exciting when seen through the eyes of a 9-year-old in the 90's who gets a sense of adventure from getting stuck on obscure puzzles for days and then finally overcoming them.
OoT was a fucking chore to play, but I can see where all the sentiment comes from since I, personally, still have a huge nostalgia boner for LBA2 which, I can't lie, didn't age that well either.
>>
>>383472281
He really fails to explain why any of the issues he has with OoT are actual issues. It's like half an hour of nitpicks, which comes across as whiny. In any good analysis/critique, you don't just describe the problems you have, you have to also describe why they're problems. Why those elements conflict with the rest of the work and/or negatively impact the experience. He was actually really good at this in his Castlevania videos but in this one he doesn't actually present any legitimate arguments, just personal annoyances that he experienced.

On top of that, he demonstrates a pretty astounding lack of understanding of the game's mechanics at times and the way he compares it to ALttP with some pretty blatant double standards really weakens his position.
>>
>>383472743

Shutup Jon
>>
>>383473186
I think the point he makes about waiting being a supplement for difficulty in OoT is pretty valid, and I think he explained it pretty well how splitting the game into combat and overworld exploring is bad rather than how the 2 interact with each other in traditional 2D Zelda. I still loved OoT, like, fucking hell, OoT and MM are just perfect to me. Even with thinking those points are valid and I agree with them, I still enjoy them, though I'm not sure why. I'm not even a nostalgia fag, I played them during the Wii generation.
>>
>>383472281
He is a literal nostalgia-goggles faggot with REAL deal ADD, to which he eats pills nowadays.
>>
>>383472281
Groundbreaking isn't an argument, its still bad compared to later entries and all 3D Zelda is inferior to 2D Zelda.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.