[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished my first week here. Ask me anything I'm a keyholder/Senior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: photo.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
Finished my first week here.

Ask me anything

I'm a keyholder/Senior Game Advisor which is just a glorified sales person
>>
>>383467126
most interesting encounter of the week
>>
>>383467126
Is it better than other shitty retail jobs?
>>
>>383467126
Good luck with the new job anon. Just quit after 2 years of working at an h&m and will never for the life of me allow myself go back in to a retail sales job.

Do you get a discount?
>>
>>383467126
How much do you want to die?
>>
Any weird-ass customers?

Worked a seasonal job there once and we got some fucking crazy fuckers.
>>
>>383467126
>glorified sales person

bwhahahaha nigger what is glorified about what you do?
>>
>>383467126
you got FIFA?
>>
>>383467247
I've had a few.

>Brandon
My co-workers tell me he and his brother are the regular autism duo that come in, hang out, and loudly talk about roblox at least once a week.

I saw him first hand and boy was he a lot.

There was also the most INTENSE 12 year old ive ever come across. The other one that comes to mind was a neckbeard that was quoting Invader Zim and Guardians of the Galaxy while spinning a bright red fidget spinner by the PS4 section while I was organizing the shelves.

>>383467303
I worked at TRU previously, but both jobs are pretty enjoyable, this one lets me talk about video games more often which is something I love to do.

>>383467385
Thanks, I worked at Amazon around this time last year and fuck me that was hell.
Just the standard 10%

>>383467414
>14>>383467126(You)(OP)
about 4 or 5 my dude

>>383467463
FIFA machine broke
>>
File: schrodi.jpg (31KB, 442x179px) Image search: [Google]
schrodi.jpg
31KB, 442x179px
How did you fair in the interview?
>>
>>383467606
The Store Manager that interviewed me was actually a friend of my sisters but I knew she'd be 110% business based on what she'd told me about her. Aside from getting completely stuck for a few second when she told me to sell her a FNAF pen I did fine and got the job a few days later.

So far all of my co-workers are pretty cool.
>Hear "Oh Hamlet hamlet hamlet hamlet" from the other side of the room
>It's my ASM
>>
>>383467510
fuckin putos you ain't ever got FIFA
>>
>>383467730
Does he have a tattoo of Bowser from Super Mario Brothers 3 wailing on a guitar?
>>
>>383467730
How'd you sell her the pen?
>>
>>383467510
>Fifa machine broke
SQUARE UP NIBBA
>>
>>383467730
Do you have sale quotas?
>>
>>383467860
No but I do know someone who does.

>>383467916
I pretty much went into overdrive with what little I knew about the series and just started talking about the character and the cast (was springtrap)

>>383468052
Yup, i'm already expected to start getting Pro Memberships sold even though I barely know the script. Luckily I pick up quickly and have gotten a few.

>>383467991
I UNDERSTAND HAVE A NICE DAY
>>
>I'm a keyholder
So you were kingdom hearts and shiet ?
>>
>>383467730
Do you like telling lies to your costumers, like this whole story you want has believe in the first place ?

You are a 22 years old neet, fat, virgin, who spend his life browing /v/.
>>
If I'm working 80 hours a week in a kitchen contemplating suicide will I like working at GameStop.
>>
>>383468227
I'll never let you take Kairis pro membership card.

>>383468272
oh how i wish i was lying
>>
>>383468431
I feel the same way, except I work less hours and in the kitchen of a McDonald's. Literally only worked a few days and already hate this fucking job.
>>
>>383468431
It seems alright for now, but I do well in environments like this where I am constantly dealing with people.

If you can sell well, you'll do fine. Being surrounded by vidya is nice.
>>
File: 1405745293914.png (117KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
1405745293914.png
117KB, 648x648px
Former SGA here, OP I would advise you don't stay very long. You can find a much better job and GameStop just is not worth it.
>>
I started working at Gamestop one month and a half ago too.
Mixed feelings about it.
>>
File: 1484004615412.jpg (29KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1484004615412.jpg
29KB, 472x472px
>>383468576
It won't be for long, you'll become friends with your coworkers but then they all start leaving the job once it gets too tiring for them, which it usually does pretty fast. You'll start dealing with worse and worse customers and bigger and bigger autists while your higher ups demand more from you while paying you the same basic wage you've been getting from day one. You'll grow cold and bitter and loathe going into work until you finally decide to just walk out one day.
I'm sorry I'm just jaded.
>>
>>383467126
I went to a gamestop the other day after buying some shoes and I had a game in the same hand as my bag (I was holding it with two fingers) and after I purchased the game and proceeded to walk out I heard the employees talk among themselves that they think I was just holding the game in my hand (as I described above). I didn't think anything of it but then I remember one of the employees walking around and keeping an eye on me. Did they think I was stealing? Seems like such a stupid thing to think considering the boxes are empty
>>
>>383468513
I feel you man. I'm mechanically slow and inexperienced. Why my manager wants me cooking so fast and sending out shitty food all day is a clue to me. I had something I cooked for lunch today and nearly threw it in the garbage. Oh well the money is good and I'm losing weight.
>>
>>383469425
You'd be surprised how many stupid kids and nogs come in trying to take empty cases off the walls.
>>
>>383469364
I have two friends that used to work at Gamestop and this is exactly how they talk about it. Of course one of them was threatened to be taken to court by them so he might be extra jaded.
>>
>>383467126
Have you come across any flippers yet?
>>
>>383469493
I didn't think it would be a common occurrence at all, thanks for the reply.
>>
>>383469572
What'd he do?
I had a former ASM and GA that were refunding product that wasn't actually in stock and pocketing the cash.
>>
>>383468513
I feel like I'm the only person that's ever had a good experience working there. Helps that my GM was chill as fuck and non of the managers were really dicks. He always said the best way to keep a store running as best it can is to keep a loose work environment.
>>
>>383468128
Oh wow that question would've caused me to go into panic mode.
>>
Why did the GameStop at my mall sell out of all but 2 amiibo before I got there this month?
>>
>>383469808
The only reason I'd say I had a good experience working there are my coworkers, most of them were cool af and we still hang out outside of work. The actual work sucks
>>
>worked somewhere for a week
>ask me as if i know anything
Fuck off you chode. Grow up.
>look grandma i got a job
You don't know shit about anything.
>>
>>383469703
>What'd he do?
Technically, nothing. He'd done some weird refunds/trade-ins for other employees but wasn't pocketing any cash or anything. They accused him of stealing several hundreds worth of stuff and told him to pay or they'd take him to court. He knew they were bluffing though and never paid them a cent and still hasn't seen summons for it.
>>
Former store manager here, free trips to Vegas we're legit, tons of free swag. Company was much better prior to all the mergers and absorbtions. Enjoy sucking dick for reserves , don't be a prick to your customers, protip - don't be a fucking autist, mother's don't give a shit about the latest rpg for their crotchfruit.
>>
>>383467126
On google some gamestops are listed as Prestige game stop.
What does that mean?
>>
>>383468513
One thing that McDs taught me was that women in power is a fucking. Male manager the shift ran smooth as fuck. Orders got out fast and rarely any problems. Female manager 9 times 10 the shift would have so many problems. Every issue they start stressing out making it into a bigger problem than it was. Then that would cause the crew to stress causing mess ups. Then if a crew member messed up they would get yelled at and written up. Male manager would explain what they did wrong and show them the correct way and that be it. Working there made me sexist as fuck.
>>
>>383469949
The work didn't bother me really. Was easy and I enjoy working at a fast pace. So it kinda fit me well.
>>
>>383470116
Not OP but I know from CAG. Means they get special goods, like posters and such, for their employees. Also means they will almost always take the $5 card if you bring it up on your phone because of numbers. Which also means they're prime places to flip or boomerang to. Because CoL.
>>
>ask me anything
What does it feel like to be loved?
>>
>gamestop is trying to think collectables sell more than videogames
>and our corporate masters think this is a good idea

I like the company

I really do

I just wish our corporate wasn't so fucking stupid

and that I had more than half an hour to close a fucking store alone
>>
>>383469631

We literally have nigger kids stealing our cases every fucking time

Idk why these dumbass kids think we just have games on the walls

>the nigger mom that won't control her kids and has her 16 year old daughter acting as proxy mom

WHY

WHY CAN'T NOGS EVER BEHAVE
>>
>>383469364
This is, word for word, my exact experience working at Publix for over a year now. I want to kill myself.
>>
>>383470410
How do you close up?
>>
>>383470957
Not that anon but usually you have two employees working, the manager on duty and someone else. Manager deals with numbers and money handling while the other employee cleans the store and gets things organized for the next day. Usually.
>>
>working at gamestop about 2yrs ago
>have this one guy that comes in every other week
>always knows what he's looking for never in there for more than 5min
>he'll make small talk while he's making his purchase and is overall a pretty funny chill guy
>One day regional manager was in and this guy comes in to sell no mans sky 3 days after it came out
>manager is confused as to why he's selling it and tries bragging it up
>guy cuts him of saying this is one of the most dog pile piece of shit games I've ever played if you can even call it a game hell you get more gameplay out of a david cage movie like I never sell my games cause you guys are complete jews when it comes to that but seriously fuck this shit and anyone that defends it
>manager is completely shook and has no response

It was pretty enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>383467126
I worked there for like 2 years back in the mid 00. If you need any backup let me know - It's a shit job and the only good thing about it is essentially the open library.

Abuse the shit out of that then get out - It's a really crappy job. I also worked at Jared (the jewelry store) I'm a hardcore gamer and let me tell you, I enjoyed working for Jared 100x more.

Gamestop is essentially a fast food job. If you do well at Gamestop and take to being a skeezy slimy sales person you would be better served working where you make commission, Jewelry or car sales.

If you aren't the sleezy scummy kind of person you will be pushed out eventually over bullshit. If not bullshit, then your pay rates.
>>
>>383470531
Because their parents don't care - really - US nogs have a culture of spitting out kids without any semblence of responsibility of raising them. They approach parenting like the zerg in a sense. Lots of cheap units where they don't care about any single one except in what that every single one might be able to do for them.

They spit out the nigglets as a form of "sports money lottery ticket" as well as a subsidy on life in a sense.

In all my time in 2 jobs and about 10 years in sales/retail customer service I saw a single "decent" black parent.
>>
>>383470234
The major difference between men and women in general is that men look for solutions to problems women complain about problems hoping to draw attention to them for others to find solutions to and/or just vent. The male species has literally evolved to be problem solvers because it's one of the few things we can offer up to compete for mating rights. Men can't "whine" their way into bed. Because we've evolved to be problem solvers women have evolved to become problem makers (or at the least to point them out)
>>
>>383470957
Our closeout procedure goes as
>Once the store is officially closed the GA starts cleaning and organizing the store while the SGA or on duty Manager counts the tills and closes out the registers
>Back doors get locked
>Gates are down and locked
>Money gets counted, weighed, and put away
>We leave and store gets locked up
>>
Are you a damn racist?
>>
File: gs (3).jpg (127KB, 915x600px) Image search: [Google]
gs (3).jpg
127KB, 915x600px
>As me anything

wat do?
>>
Have you ever seen a person walk up to another persons gf and slap their ass? If so what did the bf do in response?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.