[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I haven’t read all the comments here, but I’ll chime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 38

File: image.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
"I haven’t read all the comments here, but I’ll chime in here, as I’m the main reason we don’t have violent/weapons in the game.

Subnautica was being birthed right around the time of the Sandy Hook shooting. This was a particularly nasty shooting, although many people don’t realize America has school shootings every day. Every. Single. Day.

Yet, for reasons I cannot understand, our people and the corporations that influence our country want to continue making it easy for people to get, carry and use pistols, semi-automatic and fully-automatic weapons.

I’ve never believed that video game violence creates more real-world violence. But I couldn’t just sit by and “add more guns” to the world either.

So Subnautica is one vote towards a world with less guns. A reminder that there is another way forward. One where we use non-violent and more creative solutions to solve our problems. One where we are not at the top of the food chain."

>technology so advanced as to allow for space travel
>ethics yourself into non existence
>>
So wait, politics made the game better?
>>
so instead of shooting the fish we'll just stab and drill them. whatever. it's an underwater game.
>>
>Prawn suit propulsion arm
>Crash Fish or Floaters

I don't need a gun, I can kill anything in the ocean in a few hits from my biogical weapons.
>>
>>383465917
The one time a developers political beliefs made a game better.
>>
Who cares, the games fun anyway. Guns wouldn't make it better.
>>
>>383466319
I'm pro gun and I agree with this
>>
>>383465917
who are you quoting?
>>
guns dont work under water
>>
File: 1489425120206.jpg (95KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
1489425120206.jpg
95KB, 1024x767px
>>383465917
>America has school shootings every day. Every. Single. Day.
wut
>>
>Needing a gun
>When you can stasis a nigga and shank him with your superheated knife
>>
>>383466573
This.

>inb4 muh super speshul underwater commando gun that has an effective range of 10 meters
>>
>>383466182
>>383466220
>>383466915
This is the spirit of humanity, we'll always find a way to kill.
>>
>>383466486
Why thank you
>>
>>383467152

We've had a lot of practice, it's what we're good at.
>>
>>383465917
More like cucknautica amirite
>>
>>383465917
If America had school shootings every day it would be a police state by now, what the fuck is with this guy?
>>
The game needs guns, and co-op. A simple net gun to catch shit, or a harpoon gun to shoot big predators so you have a better chance of escaping, a rope gun for cool shit, fucking anything like that would make the game so much better. The dev is a giant fag, people are not asking for Ak 47's for fuck sake, just something useful and that fits the timeline.
>>
File: 1473088401301.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1473088401301.gif
3MB, 200x150px
How does it make you feel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1_QfzdsCII
>>
>>383469536
A handheld harpoon gun wouldn't do shit to leviathans, and the smaller predators are already easy to get rid of.

Between the gravsphere and propulsion cannon there's no need for a net.
>>
File: 1498376086674.jpg (67KB, 666x689px) Image search: [Google]
1498376086674.jpg
67KB, 666x689px
>>383465917

I don't think this is true.

>Yet, for reasons I cannot understand, our people and the corporations that influence our country want to continue making it easy for people to get, carry and use pistols, semi-automatic and fully-automatic weapons.
>corporations
>fully-automatic weapons

if only it was actually easy to obtain full autos in the USA. if I'm not mistaken, Aurora Theater, Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, Pulse, Virginia Tech and Dylann Roof were all semi autos, were they not?

as for the line about "corporations", I gotta take issue with that as well. the 2A lobby has almost no corporate backing whatsoever compared to energy companies, military industrial contractors, civil engineers, financial institutions, etc. the reason that the NRA is so influential and firmly entrenched in American politics is entirely due to a strong ideological belief held by a substantial portion of the American population, NOT because of some sort of large scale meddling by profiteers. The retail market for firearms is not that large, it's not like there's a massive private arms collection economy. There are a whole lot of problems that are the fault of corporate corruption of politics, but gun violence due to lack of legislation restricting gun ownership is absolutely not one of those problems.

that being said, I really enjoy Subnautica.
>>
>>383469914
>if only it was actually easy to obtain full autos in the USA.

it is child's play
>>
>>383469908
Shoot it in the eye to deter it for that extra bit of time to escape. Or build a bigger one for the front of your sub or seamoth so you could hunt the fuckers. All this potential fun the fans of the game will never have because this idiot thinks he is saving lives from not putting a gun in a videogame.
>>
>>383466609
bang, your dead kiddo.
pssh nothing personal
>>
>>383470123
It's all a load of bullshit to begin with. He just doesn't want to program combat mechanics. Shooting something in the eye for example would require zone damage on models.
>>
File: APS_underwater_rifle_REMOV[1].jpg (154KB, 1200x478px) Image search: [Google]
APS_underwater_rifle_REMOV[1].jpg
154KB, 1200x478px
mods someday

scan some blueprints in a room of a weapons nut on the aurora and get this baby
>>
>>383465917
Am I the only who's glad there is no guns in the game?
It's way more scarier this way.
>>
>>383470123
Shooting it in the eye would hardly ever happen, and you already have torpedoes on your Seamoth.

Harpoon guns are only effective up to a few feet, and even harpoon cannons are made to be fire above water, at targets on/near the surface.

At most they should just let you upgrade the knife to a spear.
The larger creatures are supposed to make you feel weak and vulnerable. You're supposed to be the prey, not the predator.
>>
>>383470454
Wow it shoots little darts that would do fuck all to a shark sized predator, and has a range of about 30ft at depth.
>>
File: 1489551956647.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489551956647.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>383468858
Likely drank into some serious overly-liberal sensasionalist journalism kool-aid. His mind would (hopefully) change quickly upon learning gun-free cities in US have the highest crime rates, and countries like UK have equal amounts of knife/etc murders and neutered home defense as a result.

>>383465917
Not that I wouldn't oppose a future where we have more non-lethal means to stop criminals as opposed to sending hot metal through their organs, but a complete "non-violent" future is only going to happen once either those who do have weapons force it through horribly-totalitarian means or we genetically-perfect an artificially-born race of humanity at the cost of all existing cultures alive today.

Until then, please let me have some better tools to kill those giant horrible underwater mutants trying to eat me, doesn't need to be full-Callabooty/Fallout shit though since that'd ruin the sense of fear.
>>
>all the fags wanting guns
>not reverse engineering the teleport power from the not-fades so you can *teleports behind you*

This is why no one takes you gunfags seriously.
You got mechsuits to bash shit, you get a perpetually superheated red hot knife, you get a gun that freezes shit so you can superhot shank them, you can roadkill shit in your supersub but noooo I need muh gun
>>
>>383466571
The developer
>>
>>383470648
it would be used for catching food

makes more sense then picking up a fish live and putting it in your backpack
>>
>>383466182
>Using the drill
The claw deals more damage
>>383465917
You could argue this actually made the game bette though I do think they should add a spear
>>
>>383471392
>A dev who got told off by the project lead.
Fixed, that said the Lead is a big fag who got rid of the Seamoth saying it loved it when you came inside.
>>
>>383471447
Source?
>>
>>383471398
That's what the gravsphere is for.
>>
>>383466609
Pavement apes tend to shoot each other in school zones, because schools in urban areas cover an enormous amount of area.

This is considered a school shooting.
>>
File: 1426467217270.jpg (43KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
1426467217270.jpg
43KB, 600x706px
>go to hell and back to finally construct a floating bay and the Seamonth
>thinke it's all going to be alright now
>try to go to that secret island
>DEPTHS AND THE DARKNESS OF THE ABBYS
>so spooked quit to desktop
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>383466609
Most are in Chicago
>>
>>383466987
harpoon gun little buddy
>>
>>383472487
There are absolutely no statistics which say Chicago has the highest mass shootings rate. Not even memeing
>>
>>383467152
It's necessary.
>>
>>383472574
Honestly the only weapon they should add is a spear
>>
>>383472574
Harpoon guns are just as shitty. 5-10 meter range.
>>
>>383472896
Not if the harpoon is 15m long
>>
>>383473000
How would you even aim that thing
>>
>>383471415
>You could argue this actually made the game bette though
You can also argue it made the game a lot worse. Tell me honestly now: Aside from window dressing like burrowing and picking up metal how is a sand shark different from a hunter or a bone shark? What could you honestly do if something decided to attack your base?

Because your aggressive options are incredibly limited any threat that the player gets put under must also be limited. They can't make something that stalks you home and puts you under threat there because realistically. I don't want to hear anything about punch robots or thermal knives you have no means of actually seeing them off. They can't really play hardball with you because they haven't given you a bat to swing, instead you're stuck playing catch. It's a very safe option to design the game around to offensive capabilities but it ultimately makes the game worse-off in terms of what they can actually do with it. Still love the game for what it is though.
>>
>>383472270
This is why you either stick to the ground and never look up or stay on the surface and never look down.
>>
>>383466062
>So wait, politics made the game better?
As amusing as this would be: they did not.

The rest of the team actually demented this message, claiming that they ALWAYS planned to make the game without direct-damange dealing weapons simply because they wanted to present a new set of gameplay challenges, and found the idea of player just blasting shit to be dull, denying that there was any actual political reasoning behind it.
Actually, I'm pretty sure OP's quote is complete bullshit and that only the few first sentence is actually accurate to the first devs claim.
>>
File: 1482580735965.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1482580735965.gif
2MB, 228x170px
how do i get my seamoth past 1000m?
>>
>>383473357
You bring it along your Cyclops.

But you wouldn't be able to use it anyway without suffering hull damages. Best to bring the PRAWN.
>>
>>383473303
>Because your aggressive options are incredibly limited any threat that the player gets put under must also be limited.
Aggressive options available:
Shoot the sand shark.
Shoot the stalker.
Shoot the electric eel.
Yeah. That does not actually seem like so many extra options.

Also: Stalker: distract it with something shiny. Seriously, you can use any piece of metal to lure them away.
Alternatively, feed them and actually tame them.

Sadly, around Sand Shark they stopped playing around with the A.I. so much, so. But basically: you can deal with Stalkers just using either metal or any kind of regular fish.
You NEED something like a Stasis gun to deal with Sand Shark.

Meanwhile, if you introduced aggressive options, every problem with an enemy would boil down to point at enemy, do damage. It's less creative. It gives you direct solution to a problem, where as non-aggressive options force you to find work-arounds.

Ultimately the limitation of options has FUCK ALL to do with lethal or non-lethal force available: ONLY with the tools that developers give the player. If they'd give you more non-lethal toys, like lure-guns, smoke-bombs, clone/distractions, gave the A.I. more of those Stalker-like tricks (prefered baits, fears-attractions etc...) you would have MUCH more diverse and interesting set of gameplay mechanics than you would have if you ulitimately had just guns. Because violence ends up with you having ONE option in ten flavors: do violence.

Non-violence gives you much more: sneak/avoid, befriend, scare off, trick etc...
>>
>>383473482
Doesn't it start taking hull damage even inside the Cyclops? At least I think it used to.

But yea you can't use it below 900m anyway so there's no point.
>>
>>383473627
For sand sharks the repulsion cannon works well. One blast knocks them far enough away they won't aggro again.
>>
>>383467152

We were doing it just as well with bones and stones for far longer than all this newfangled steel and feats of engineering.
>>
I mean I'm not playing the game to blast things
>>
>>383473758
Sure. My point is that you need proper tech to deal with them, while Stalkers can be dealt with using literally junk and surrounding fish. It's a bit of a classic gating system. Shame they did not expand on it too much later on.
>>
they finish the story yet? literally the only thing I give a shit about
>>
>guns are bad okay! We should find ways to deal with our problems without using guns!
>players resort to using tools made for not killing things to kill them
>tools that are less efficient at killing things
>everything you kill in subnautica dies a long, drawn out death as you ram excavation and mining tools through its body repeatedly
>this is better than guns

Anti-gunners are fucking retards.
>>
Why not give a gun but make give ammo a set limit linked to a very rare, non-renewable resource?
>>
>>383473871
Because that A) missed the actual DESIGN point of the game, B) makes zero sense and would have to be justified in far more convoluted way, and C) it's actually how it eventually ends up working, because the game actually involves options such as using the grav gun to fire toxin bubbles produced by those gas-mask fish.

It's just pointless. OP's bait aside, the way Subnautica handles it is very clever and very elegant, from a mechanical standpoint. And does not take terrible mental gymnastics to explain lore-wise.
>>
>>383473627
Most of your points hinge upon the fact that aggressive options are 100% effective 100% of the time and take up minimal resources. This is ridiculous. If it were implemented well it obviously wouldn't be the best option if every situation. There are many things you can do to make this the case from resource costs to having the option require planning, such as mines. So no, it wouldn't just be 'shoot the sand shark'. There is much, much more than can be done. Sand sharks under the sand could avoid damage or maybe even have less subtle sand telegraphs leaving you more open to surprise (I want this anyway to be honest). As it is now it's essentially 'avoid the sand shark' or, as >>383473758 suggested 'shoot the sand shark' which you agreed with, funnily enough. Enemies are not a threat in this game. Enemies are not predators. Enemies are area denial.
>>
>>383471986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02mdjK4xH8U
>>
>>383473303
Its why I think they should add a spear, something to scare off some creatures. Honestly they did a pretty good job making all the predators unique.
Stalkers will stop attacking if you drop metal or food.
Sandsharks dont like going away from the sand.
Bonesharks and riverprowlers have no weakness so I guess they are similar.
Lava lizards have ranged attack.
Warpers are the true enemy who will stalk you and try to stop you, if you try to hurt them they warp away.
Crabsquid attack lights and can EMP
Ampeels cant be shocked by the seamoth
Reapers are huge threats that can almost oneshot your early stuff, wich forces you to use the prawnsuit in those places. They also prefer attacking from behind.
We dont know Ghosts yet but they probably cant grab.
Sea dragons can use ranged attacks
>>
>>383474005
So despite this...
>where we use non-violent and more creative solutions to solve our problems.
You STILL end up using violence, and creativity only goes so far as to EMULATE a gun
>>
>>383474005
>And does not take terrible mental gymnastics to explain lore-wise.
Listen, Subnautica is great, the non-violent solutions stuff works quite well but the 'noguns because school shooters' apologists really do try to hide the fact that the in-universe justification for noguns was that there was a huge shooting so they banned guns and it worked out great for everyone. This is, of course, dictated to you by a corporate propaganda-laden machine but with their previous official corporate stance on the matter I doubt it was self-aware. Let's not pretend the in-universe justification is good.
>>
why are americans so obsessed with guns? You can't solve hunger, cancer or senility with guns
>>
>>383474328
but you can
>>
>>383474328
>can't solve hunger
What is hunting
>>
>>383474328
actually you can solve hunger with guns, by killing everyone who is hungry
>>
>>383474370
fuck, you actually got me
>>
>>383474196
>You STILL end up using violence, and creativity only goes so far as to EMULATE a gun
Yes. Which was actually always the point. That was the actual design intention behind this all the time. That is literally the whole fucking point. It's a good design, as far as I'm concerned.

>>383474323
>I doubt it was self-aware. Let's not pretend the in-universe justification is good.
Did you even play the game? Notice how everything about it, especially when it comes to the corporate machines and messages and their assistance is FILLED with jokes and irony and nods to how silly and stupid and completely uncaring the corporation is?
Also, you seriously suggesting that "we have machines that can make whatever people need them to make. After some asshole murdered twenty people with a corporate printer-made gun, we decided that we will prevent our machines form making guns anymore" is a silly justification?
YOU ACTUALLY IMPLYING that it's normal for corporations to allow their employees unrestricted access to fucking guns in their work place?
Especially dark-humor based cartoony semi-evil corporation treating it's employees with utter contempt?

What fuck is wrong with you retards? Seriously. This is pathetic. This whole political bullshit has fucking rotten your minds.
>>
>>383474518
Next time think, still dont think they should add guns I am the spear fag in this thread
>>
File: 01_03B.jpg (237KB, 990x659px) Image search: [Google]
01_03B.jpg
237KB, 990x659px
this guy had a rifle, but nothing to hunt.
>>
>>383474650
there is a reason why people starve, and its not because they lack guns.
>>
>>383474650
Then he should have used his rifle to take food from other people
>>
>>383474650
His own fault to life in the fucking desert, If you life in the jungle, Savanna, in this case underwater (Harpoon GUN) or hell ANYWHERE BUT THE DESERT OR TUNDRA having a gun will really help you out if you need to survive. I still prefer spears though they just fit the game
>>
>muh no weapons makes the game better
What is player progression. No weapons at the start is a good thing because you start out as a helpless pleb who gets shit on.

Normal games unlike subnautica though give you a way to fight back as you progress. There's none of this progression in the game

>guns

It doesn't even need to be a gun because bullets don't work well underwater. Just literally something to fight back with besides a knife, fucking lasers or anything
>>
>>383472698
Mass shootings are a meme statistic anyway.

Chicago isn't the worst per capita, but I think it's the worst as a whole. Something like 500 murders in 2015 and 750 in 2016, it's ridiculously high.
>>
>>383469945
If you consider spending tens of thousands of dollars, filing paperwork for the ATF as well as the FBI, waiting 6-12 months for approval from the ATF and paying a $200 transfer fee child's play, than sure. Oh, and all that is only if you can even find anyone to selling one, there are an extremely limited amount of legal machine guns in the US.
>>
>>383474826
>player progression
its almost like you dont play the game, there is a lot of player progression in vehicles and vehicle upgrades among wich there are TORPEDOES. Still would like a spear though
>>
Do subnautica threads have shills or something? It's always full of people who are adamantly against adding any sort of real weapons to the game.

Not even a gun, these people always spew the same talking points any time you bring up a spear, harpoon, or any other suggestion.

Am I seriously the only one who put in lots of hours who still thinks no way to fight back is retarded? Why are these threads full of fucking shills who sound like the game devs trying to be defensive?

>muh gameplay is enhanced

It stops being interesting or cool at about 20 hours in.
>>
>>383474959
Player progression in terms of being able to attack things you dolt. Playing subnautica is like playing an rpg where you aren't allowed to level up your attack skill
>>
>>383465917
>no source of the quote was given
>>
>>383474931
>filling out forms to make your gun full auto
lol

funny how liberals are against federal regulations against weed and will commit a felony for their w33d but they think gun owners are jumping through hoops and fines to make their ar 15 shoot full auto

making your ar 15 shoot full auto is as easy as buying drugs on the darknet or some nigger dealer
>>
>>383474826
>What is player progression.
Present. By the end game you have safe tools to deal with most of the threats. Just not through guns you retard. Play the fucking game.

How fucking insecure are people that are literally mad just because you don't get a gun to feel super powerful? How did we get here? You are literally saying that "norma games give you gun. How dare this game not give me a gun!"
This is like a parody. There used to be jokes about game-raised generation ending like this being done by retarded conservatives. How did this actually become true?

>>383474990
There is a way to fight back. Plain and simple. By end game you can kill virtually anything. You just have to be a bit creative. Which simply makes the game more fun.

>Am I seriously the only one who put in lots of hours who still thinks no way to fight back is retarded?
No, there is a lot of retards like you, sadly. But that does not make you right.

>>383475036
>Player progression in terms of being able to attack things you dolt.
Why the FUCK do you assume this is a must have thing? Playing Subnautica is like playing an RPG that does not focus on combat. Yeah. There is something really, really disturbing about all of this.
>>
File: 1327688406920.jpg (93KB, 555x545px) Image search: [Google]
1327688406920.jpg
93KB, 555x545px
>Got an MK3 reinforcement for my seamoth
>Finally get to go down to the disease research facility
>Trying to find my way to the blood kelp entrance
>Get lost
>Somehow end up in the dunes
>Be looking around and sonaring trying to get my bearings
>See something below me
>[MUFFLED SCREECHING]
>A fucking reaper leviathan is right under my ass
>Nope the fuck out as fast as i could
>Mfw this shit has happened to me multiple times
>>
>>383475152
Fuck off shill, I actually played the game and it would be better with real ways to fight back. Go spew your talking points somewhere else.
>>
>>383474990
I want spears a lot, I think they are great and should be in the game. But ranged weapons just dont really fit the game with the exception of the very late game torpedoes. I have the feeling that ranged weapons will trivialize most monsters because you could so easiliy cheese them with it. That or they feel to weak because its underpowered.
>>383475036
But you can fight back. as soon as you have the prawn suit you can actually kill most monsters, the seamoths EMP and the torpedoes also really help and the stasis rifle, propulsion gun and simply tanking stuff with the cyclops gives you a lot of player progression.
>>
>>383475152
you sound like an sjw
>>
>>383475119
Crime's illegal, fucko
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>There's no need for guns
>In a universe where pic related is also happening
That's not how this works.
>>
>>383475260
It's only illegal if you get caught and unless you're walking into an atf headquarters with a sign that says MY GUN IS ILLEGALLY MODIFIED nobody gives a shit
>>
>>383475196
>loses argument
>SHILL SHILL SHILL!
Woah, keep in mind I am >>383475234 who actually thought about making a discussion with you but you seem to just want to win.
>>
>>383475185
Yeah this game is one of the scary games out of most the horror games out there.
>>
>>383475196
>Fuck off shill,
You are sitting here literally saying "I am entitled to my guns. Because that is what I'm assuming games are supposed to do, so anyone who does not give me my GUN is asshole and anyone who does not agree with me is a shill."

Get a fucking grip. Really, this is like a parody.

>>383475251
No, I don't. There is absolutely NOTHING political about what I'm saying. Definitely nothing Marxist. You just use the word "SJW" for everything that you don't like or that you don't understand, because you are a fucking child. Ironically enough, I'm actually conservative, enough to be politically involved.
>>
>>383475263
You do know that NS2 and Subnautica being in the same universe is not cannon, why the fuck would they have plushies of the fucking gorge, a monster that killed thousands of alterra marines aboard an alterra ship? Why would there be two bacteria that are called the Kharaa but have completely different effects
>>
>>383475318
>>383475397
>this is what the game devs do in their spare time
keep defending your shitty sjw game
>>
YEEHAW GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THEY CAN'T TAKE MUH GUNS
>>
>>383475452
At this point you are trying to hard buddy, you might as well be a game dev trying to stir up controversy.
>>
File: 3634643623525425265347656.jpg (5KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
3634643623525425265347656.jpg
5KB, 308x164px
>>383475196
no matter how much you "muh gun privilege" retards screech like autist, you won't get your guns. and that pleases me.
>>
File: 1498790054978.jpg (36KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1498790054978.jpg
36KB, 436x425px
One thing I don't get is that the devs keep emphasizing "non violence" yet there are torpedoes, electroshock defense systems etc. I don't know how you claim non violence, yet leave us with no choice but to grind them up with the PRAWN drill or stasis them, then death by a thousand cuts for self defense
>>
>>383475579
>using the drill to fight
The normal arms deal way more damage
>>
File: 1499603808941.jpg (37KB, 320x318px) Image search: [Google]
1499603808941.jpg
37KB, 320x318px
>>383475551
>>383475519
normal players aren't this hardline about the game not getting weapons

go shill on twitter devcuck and stop viraling your shit on .v.
>>
Fuck it fine I'll replay. I want to build a base in the lava zone. I'm sure it's safe there right?
>>
>>383475634
Normal people in general arent this hardline about a game not having guns
Maybe I should just stop replying I think its just what you want.
>>
>>383473317
That's the exact quote from him. Look it up fag. He even went on to say that he said school shootings but meant mass.
>>
>>383475634
just dont buy my game then, get a refund, its not just your game

easy as that. i dont even see any reason that you are still there flailing like an idiot about something you cant change.
>>
Dev Flayra; "I haven't read all the comments here, but I'll chime in here, as I'm the main reason we don't have violent/weapons in the game.

Subnautica was being birthed right around the time of the Sandy Hook shooting. This was a particularly nasty shooting, although many people don't realize America has school shootings every day. Every. Single. Day.

Yet, for reasons I cannot understand, our people and the corporations that influence our country want to continue making it easy for people to get, carry and use pistols, semi-automatic and fully-automatic weapons.

I've never believed that video game violence creates more real-world violence. But I couldn't just sit by and "add more guns" to the world either.

So Subnautica is one vote towards a world with less guns. A reminder that there is another way forward. One where we use non-violent and more creative solutions to solve our problems. One where we are not at the top of the food chain."
enjoy your sjw game
>>
>>383475698
If you want my tips The giant hole in the ground with the rock in it is completely safe, you can also build under some overpasses
>>
>>383475579
>One thing I don't get is that the devs keep emphasizing "non violence" yet there are torpedoes, electroshock defense systems etc
They don't, really. AGAIN:
The while Sandy Hook thing comes from one of the developers private statement on some fucking private forum once. It was never made by the studio officially, in fact when asked directly, the studio demented that that claim, and stated clearly and openly that the no-gun design was determined by the whole team for purely mechanical reasons, as they were trying to establish features that would distinguish the game from majority of the market, and present more interesting problem-solving.

The whole Sandy Hooks thing might not even be valid, and if it was, it was some completely private, subjective shit one random member of the development team claimed on his free time.

The game had NEVER a problem with violence, or with killing. You could kill nearly anything in the game from the start. The game does not encourage it, but it is a valid option for the player to take.

The decision has FUCK ALL to do with "Violence is bad". It purely "guns are BORING" decision. And you fucks need to stop taking every unsourced bullshit claim you see on 4chan too seriously.
>>
>>383465917
>A reminder that there is another way forward. One where we use non-violent and more creative solutions to solve our problems. One where we are not at the top of the food chain.

They could have just said this. Goddamn I'm all for creative expression but video game devs are really bad at proofreading themselves. There's some shit you should just keep to yourself.
>>
File: frog.png (332KB, 653x663px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
332KB, 653x663px
>>383475804
So you're telling me this VIDEO GAME game doesn't have guns because the libcuck dev is mad about people owning guns in REAL LIFE?
>>
when the fucking shit is this faggot gonna remove terraforming so the game stops running like ass

its too fucking late isnt it, its all a lie

how the fuck did anyone ever play this in VR with such seizure inducing stutter and pop in
>>
>>383475875
If you take that quote and search it on google it will take you to the source.
>>
File: 1498618149847.png (352KB, 749x557px) Image search: [Google]
1498618149847.png
352KB, 749x557px
>>383475875
>developer states plain as day that he is the reason the game has no weapons because of a bunch of pearl clutching soccer mom reasons about violence
>of course the studio denies it because the dev makes the studio look bad

>The decision has FUCK ALL to do with "Violence is bad"

Are you reading from a script or are you working for a reputation management company for this game studio because you are retarded

the reason this game doesn't have guns or weapons is because the devs are numales, they EXPLICITLY stated this as seen here >>383475804
>>
>>383465917
>No modding
>Still runs like shit
>Ruined the sub

It doesnt surprise me that the devs came up with such a flawed and dumb statement. Still a somewhat fun game. I just hope modding will be a thing soon, I can't stand the current submarine.
>>
File: subnautica.png (99KB, 645x473px) Image search: [Google]
subnautica.png
99KB, 645x473px
>>383475875
>it didn't happen! it's all lies!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/523897653306355954/?ctp=9#c371918937268702725
>>
File: confused-surcharges-levy.jpg (82KB, 728x485px) Image search: [Google]
confused-surcharges-levy.jpg
82KB, 728x485px
>>383476113
>subnautica shills will defend this
I don't think this semen slurping game is for me
>>
>>383475897
They already removed it. The problem is that the terrain is still voxel based, even though there is no longer any way to edit them in-game.
They need to COMPLETELY re-do and re-model all of the terrain surface in the game, which is going to take a lot of time. It's probably going to be part of some of the very late-game updates.

>>383476016
>>383476021
Fun fact: do you people ever realize that this game has been made by the same studio that made Natural Selection?
Yeah, really big fucking political activism here you cretins.
He made that post on fucking reddit. As a private person. I'm looking for the official statement they later on made on the forums that dement that claim.

Also: I really want to know:
What is the real issue here?

Are you people so fucking braindamaged by the whole political bullshit that you LITERALLY CANNOT SLEEP because there is a developer that has a different political belief than you do?

Or are you people just so fucking lazy and so fucking braindead that you can't cope with the idea that one game does problem-solving mechanic differently than most do?

What is it?
>>
File: original.jpg (68KB, 643x435px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
68KB, 643x435px
>>383465917
He's right, Americans.
>>
File: updates - July.png (36KB, 641x712px) Image search: [Google]
updates - July.png
36KB, 641x712px
>>383465917
Those are the July updates.
We get finally our cute fish and content wise the game is complete.
>>
>>383476239
>He made that post on fucking reddit.

He made it on steam you fucking retard. Get your shit straight and go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>383476086
I kinda agree, like the game and all but the Cyclops just feels like something with no real function, The only reason to build it is so that you can transport the prawnsuit a bit faster and maybe carry some items incase you wanna make a seabase somewhere else. The seamoth is faster and actually better at defending it self then the cyclops.
>>
File: 1492036165406.jpg (55KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1492036165406.jpg
55KB, 400x303px
>>383476113
Why do people in this thread keep saying that the game dev didn't make this post(or saying he made it on reddit), when the proof that he made the post is right here?

Everybody should pirate this game if they're going to give it the time of day
>>
>>383476298
Or fucking steam you mongoloids, that fucking does not matter. Answer the fucking question here:
What is the actual issue that makes you idiot spaz out?
>>
>>383474931
>The average American is a law-abiding citizen that respects the police

L O L

It's the same in Canada, everyone got their firearms though "alternative means"
>>
>>383476372
>it doesn't matter that the developer explicitly stated that he is the reason the game doesn't have weapons because of political reasons

Keep up the damage control.
>>
>>383470125
kid
>>
>>383476372
>that fucking does not matter
How does that not matter you mongoloid? Suddenly the game developers don't have authority?

The game developer told you that 1 + 1 = 2 and you're sitting here arguing it's 3 like a retard.
>>
>>383476279
I hope they will make all voice logs acutal voice logs
>>
>live in UK
>0 school shootings

Really creates a state of activity in the grey matter
>>
>>383476372
THEY'RE INFRINGING MUH SECOND AMENDMENT
>>
>>383475196
>it would be better with real ways to fight back

And take away the sense of danger. The horror factor would disappear if you can kill everything.
>>
>>383476425
what damage?

you are the one spazzing out.
im quite happy how the game is, im quite amused about your angry little tantrum about non issues
>>
>>383476539
Any shooting that happens within 15 miles of a school counts as a school shooting in america

no im not making this shit up that's how they count the statistic
>>
did the developer actually say this?

if so he's a fucking loser who deserves a refund the day it leaves early access, and a pirate

these fucking cucks make games and then inject politics into them all of a sudden like overwatch, except unlike blizzard, steam guarantees refunds on early access games that get finished

he's going to get fucked just like killing floor 2 devs if he ever wants to call his game "done" for more sales, whether it actually ever is finished or not

what an absolute dumbass

>>383476239
>They already removed it. The problem is that the terrain is still voxel based, even though there is no longer any way to edit them in-game.

Oh wow. I doubt they'll even do that, what fucking retarded game design DURR ITS A SURVIVAL HORROR CRAFTING VOXEL DIGGING MINING SIMULATOR GOTTA GET THEM AUTISM BUCKS

fuck

>Fun fact: do you people ever realize that this game has been made by the same studio that made Natural Selection?
>Yeah, really big fucking political activism here you cretins.
>He made that post on fucking reddit. As a private person.

Thanks for the confirmation.

>you can't cope with the idea that one game does problem-solving mechanic differently than most do?

except from the OP which you claim is legit he said he did it because he's a leftist faggot

id prefer the game to not have guns, id also prefer him to shut his faggot mouth about his fucking stupid opinions that just happened to make the game good, and instead just allow the game to have the influence he'd hoped it'd have

free market/ the real world is a bitch, he'd probably have a gun if he had to live in it
>>
>>383476582
Oh, that's fine then, just your average regular non-school shooting that happens daily in Burgerland.
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>383476557
keep moving goalposts shill

>>383476585
He actually said it, see the post here >>383476113
>>383476113
>>383476113
>>383476113
>>
Explains why the devs are too jewish to provide humble with more keys for the freedom bundle. These types of people are always jewish as fuck.
>>
I dont really give a fuck about what the devs said, I just think ranged weapons that are easy to use would make the game to easy, suddenly all the small predators are no longer a threat and the big ones are just bullet spunges.
They should add a spear though
Keep in mind that the game allready has plenty of ways to fight back, the torpedoes, seamoth EMP, the prawnsuit in general, thermalknife + stasis gun and loading creative ammo in the propulsion gun.
>>
>>383476635
i don't have to move anything. this whole none issue is just causing "non arguments" which nullifies all your flailing and screeching, ii just keep playing subnautica in the knowledge that you won't get your will.
>>
>>383476113
Wewlad
This is a day 1 refund/ insta pirate
>>
File: poe_reading.jpg (22KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
poe_reading.jpg
22KB, 500x285px
>>383476854
is assblasted about that, still plays it.
>>
>>383476279
>have to buy before version 1.0 to get cute fish
Welp that puts this game onto the blacklist for me fuck pre order exclusives just let me buy the full game when its out
>>
>>383476834
Excellent goalpost moving, you went from denying that the developer said the quote to this.
>>
>>383476854
You've said this like a thousand times now
>>
>>383476942
no, everyone gets the cute fish , there is a trello post
>>
>>383476942
Problem is, it comes out in autumn. Playing it during summer is way more fun.
>>
File: 03.png (420KB, 1016x710px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
420KB, 1016x710px
>implying this thread wasnt made by the pro-gun shills because they were spiteful of the last few Subnautica threads being successful
>wah wah! this one dev said something I disagree with politically!

Go back to your containment board you sad /pol/ fuckbois.
>>
>>383465917
>underwater sea exploration videogame on another planet in space
>we can't add guns because of americans shooting each other

how do you decide to make this leap of logic

even if the game is good nobody should stand for these political injections into otherwise decent games
>>
>>383476585
>Oh wow. I doubt they'll even do that, what fucking retarded game design DURR ITS A SURVIVAL HORROR CRAFTING VOXEL DIGGING MINING SIMULATOR GOTTA GET THEM AUTISM BUCKS
This whole post is just beyond pathetic, but this part makes me laugh the most.

They already removed all interaction with the voxes from the game, actually, much against a huge outcry of big portion of the fanbase, making it absolutely clear that despite a lot of people were drawn in by the minecraft-like origins of the game, they don't want to presue that particular path anymore.

The reason for it being extremely simple: it cause the game to run like shit. The fact that they already made the voxel terrain undeformable itself proves that they don't persue the Mining similator bucks, so you are already proven wrong and not knowing anything about the fucking game.

>except from the OP which you claim is legit he said he did it because he's a leftist faggot
Yeah, WHO FUCKING CARES? Are you thinking of playing the game, or having a romantic relationship with the developer? The fuck? Who fucking cares if he is a fucking Satan worshiper or a fucking vegan.

>free market/ the real world is a bitch, he'd probably have a gun if he had to live in it
Murricans, ladies and gentlemen. Actually think that most of the world owns guns... Dude, you live in the most secure, rich, safe era of history, in one of the most safe parts of the world, desperately tounging your guns and screaming about how harsh the world is and how you NEED YOUR GUN to survive.

Yeah. It's fucking hilarious. But whatever: it's part of your culture: fine. Seriously. I'm bothered by american gun laws about as much as I'm bothered by the fact that French eat disgusting cheeses: it actually does not matter nearly as much as most people will make you believe.
But Jesus if you can't differenciate between private political opinions, and VALUE OF A PRODUCT: you are already brainwashed by the left.
>>
>>383476957
i dont deny anything, i just do not see any issue with it. which make your ramblings even more amusing
>>
>>383477046
>be numale cuck dev
>virtue signal on the steam forums about how you blocked the game from getting new gameplay mechanics because guns r evil and scary

The only shills in this thread are the people trying to defend this shitty game lmao
>>
>>383477102
tl;dr
>>
File: 1498806074322[2].jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1498806074322[2].jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>383477114
>new gameplay mechanics
>guns
>>
>>383477102
>>383475875
>>383475152
>>383474550
>>383473627
same faggot
>>
>>383470648
>little darts
Sure it has shit range, but those guns were designed to kill humans and in some cases were even more effective than a spear gun.
>>
>>383477223
Yes, that's exactly what I said.
>>
>>383477114
we are not shilling or defending anything. you are just ass blasted that you wont get any guns in subnautica. and that you are absolutely in no position to change that fact. this game just does not have or get any firearms, stay mad
>>
>>383477307
Yeah, does not take a genius to figure out. Your point? Just bragging your amazing ability to spot clear similarity in posts styles and continuity of arguments?
>>
>>383477370
How shooting at things is new mechanic?
>>
File: 1404539702556.jpg (432KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1404539702556.jpg
432KB, 800x800px
>>383477114
>implying guns would be a worthwhile "gameplay mechanic"
>stasis and pro/repulsion gun are not guns
>actually I just want Doom but underwater

Fuck off out of these threads and never come back retards.
>>
>>383477390
>we are not shilling or defending anything.

Then explain half this thread being

1)people denying that the developer said the things in the OP

and 2) the other half being the resulting damage control from the same people after they got proven wrong after it was reveled that the developer did in fact say the things in the OP
>>
>>383477394
mad faggot is mad he got called out for being a faggot
>>
>>383477441
>Game mechanics are constructs of rules or methods designed for interaction with the game state, thus providing gameplay

Well gee anon, I don't know how a gun isn't a game mechanic. Not like it provides you with a completely new set of tools to interact with your environment and the fauna in it. Guns are a gameplay mechanic just like the seaglider and scanner are.
>>
>>383477114
>I don't know what virtue signal means but people at /pol/ aka /b/ 2.0 say it all the time so there I go.
>>
>>383477617
Making an actuall gun would just simplify the current forms of self defense like using the propulsion cannon to launch creative ammo at monsters.
>>
>>383477708
>go on the steam forums and prodly proclaim that you were the last bastion that stopped the game from getting guns added to it followed by a sob story about mass shootings in real life
>not virtue signaling

lol
>>
>>383477757
Answering a question is not virtue signaling you nigger.
>>
>>383477617
I think his complaint was more about the use of the word "new". As in - untested, inovative, creative etc... And the point here is that addition of guns could easily actually simplify the game problem-solving set, boil it down to something we have done a thousand times, usually in actually much better executed fashion (because games done by large studios that had entirely focused on polishing the shooting are dime-a-dozen).

And that really should be all that matters in this discussion. Gameplay ramifications. Fuck the developers personal feeling on it: does it make the game better - more interesting, more challenging, more fun to play, more innovative.

People in this thread are confused why there are people who defend the lack of guns, thinking they must be either financially motivated or politically motivated, which is fucking SAD. It's like the fucking actual gameplay stopped mattering to people.
>>
>>383469536
>guns
>co-op
how can one man have such shit tastes?

back to your cod zombies
or even better
kill yourself you normalfag retard
>>
>>383477794
Answering a question would have been "I didn't add guns because I don't like guns irl"
Virtue signaling is "Subnautica was being birthed right around the time of the Sandy Hook shooting. This was a particularly nasty shooting, although many people don’t realize America has school shootings every day. Every. Single. Day.

I’ve never believed that video game violence creates more real-world violence. But I couldn’t just sit by and “add more guns” to the world either.

>>
>Shilling early access games.
Why are you doing this /v/?
Especially with subnautica. The game is empty as fuck.
There's not enough fish species.
There's not enough plants species.
And it's "completed".
>>
File: another one.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
another one.gif
2MB, 400x225px
So today I decided to face my fears and explore the Aurora. Enjoy this story.

>after a couple ingame days of preperations I set of to the Aurora
>i'm very nervous the entire way there, because i know what lurks around the ship
>almost there, i can already see an entrance
>game stutters for 2 seconds
>ohnogodwhy
>loud ass roar behind me, still pretty far though
>second roar sounds right behind me
>ohshit.jpg
>don't dare to look behind me because that would only slow me down
>make it through a crack that youknowwhat can't enter
>no more roaring sounds
>the rest of the journey through the aurora is pretty chill, nothing really happens
>ransacked the entire fucking ship until i reach my final destination
>the drive room is right in front of me
>most of my inventory space is filled with fucking healthpacks and i don't need that many
>i decide to just walk through the fire so i can use one or two of my healthpacks
>walk through, use healthpack
>still on fire, health dropping fast
>use another one
>and another one
>another one
>another one
>another one
>and another fucking one
>jump into the water in the drive room
>still on fire
>use my final two healthpacks and use the fire extinguisher out of deperation
>still on fire
>dies
>respawn at base
>message that you died and lost some stuff appears
>check inventory
>ALL OF MY SHIT IS GONE (except some tools that never dissapear)
>very angery
>close game
>came here to type this
I hope you enjoyed my pain and suffering.
>>
>>383477957
Why would adding new mechanics make a game instantly better. Imagine playing doom but they add a jump button and then dont change the levels. It would instantly break that game just as guns would instantly break Subnautica because suddenly nothing is a threat anymore. That or they will be useless because predators respawn anyways.
>>
>>383469536
>The game needs guns, and co-op.
The omission of these two things are pretty much the only reason why out of the thousand early access shitty open-world survival games, Subnautica has become one of the few rare successes and note-worthy titles.

And it's not because it's a step in a gun-regulation law:
It's because it gives you useful tools that you actually have to use in ways that aren't completely common, rather than just "point at someone and kill them".
Net gun would not be useful even, actually. Stasis gun already does that and is more useful and more versatile and can be used in more ways and situations.
Harpoon is the similar case: you can slow them down with stasis gun. If you want to harm them grav-gun actually works: you can pick up any piece of junk and fire it at your enemy from lower range and it DOES HARM them.

All of the things you want to do are already in the game. Giving you harpoon or net-gun would just make things more boring: allow you to do the same with less interesting process and options.
>>
>>383478156
>You can be on fire in this game
You havent even played this game you are just trying to make people how do look bad because your feelings are hurt
>>
>>383478156
I miss greentext stories on /v/
>>
>>383478228
What are you talking about? Have you been to the ship yet?
>>
>>383478342
Yes your player characters cant be on fire, you can take damage from fire but as soon as you exit the fire you are no longer on fire
>>
>>383465917

lol what. no fucking way OP, that is the biggest load of shit ever.
>>
>>383478165
>Why would adding new mechanics make a game instantly better.
Ok, I think I confused you by typo. That

>does it make the game better - more interesting, more challenging, more fun to play, more innovative.
Was supposed to end with a question mark.
I honestly don't think adding guns would make the game better - I think it would make it flat-out worse. That is what I was arguing for the whole thread. I don't think it would break the game because the game actually allows you to do what you could do with guns: it just does it in less straight-forward way.

>>383478156
Sounds like a bug, actually big enough that it might be well worth reporting. Fire should go out on it's own over time, always go out when you enter water, and always go out when you use fire extinguisher. If neither of those worked, then you ran into what might be a serious bug. The fire mechanics have been only implemented relatively recently, so they might be way unpolished.

You should not be posting this here, but on dev support and bug-reporting lines.
>>
>>383478228
He probably have bleeder on him.
>>
The message of the game is clear: no one needs guns for protection. If something evil and violent kills you, you will just respawn at home sans the loot. That's how it should work in the real life, right?
>>
>>383478432
>>383478463
Dont even take him seriously he is probably trying to make subnautica players look like baby's or something.
>>383478432
The entire thread I have been saying a spear would be a good addition to the game, it can be used to sort of scare away predators that are afraid of being stabbed. It can also be used to make some predators make unique, for example bonesharks who are armored and therefore maybe not afraid of your spear.
>>
i don't agree with the dev's views on guns, but having no guns in a game like subnautica makes it scarier. you're helpless (at first) in a big, seemingly endless ocean with hueg fish in it who want to eat you.
after you do get the stasis gun and other (((weapons))), the game gets pretty boring because you don't have to avoid the enemies that much anymore
>>
>>383478476
>Not playing on hardcore
casual, you are not even worth this (You)
>>
>>383478635
>The entire thread I have been saying a spear would be a good addition to the game, it can be used to sort of scare away predators that are afraid of being stabbed.
But we already have the heat knife for that.
>>
>>383477102
>They already removed all interaction with the voxes from the game, actually, much against a huge outcry of big portion of the fanbase

they removed your ability to interact with the voxels, while leaving all the voxel shit in, so now it has less gameplay, but runs like fucking garbage still, and doesnt seem to be saying much about any of this. as if he was trying to trick people into making progress. hmm i wonder why people are mad.

>The fact that they already made the voxel terrain undeformable itself proves that they don't persue the Mining similator bucks. And?

it doesnt prove he'll redo the entire fucking game just so it doesnt run like shit. whats the point of removing terraforming when voxel shit is still there and makes it still run like ass? creating an illusion of progress is all i can imagine. seems like a dumb choice that shits on people who bought the game and treats them like idiots.

which is congruent with his whole "im making games without guns because i need to teach people not to shoot each other IRL" its condescending
>>
>>383478398

They include the odd Negro shooting that never makes the news because, lol niggers

Yes, there hasn't been many actual "school shootings" in the traditional, crazy person goes and kills a heap of kids, deal.
>>
>>383473853
no prison is final zone and you find the sea emperor, you hatch her eggs and she dies, upon hatching a ton of baby enzimes gets released which you should be able to pick up to get a cure but it says <not yet implemented>,

there's also a rocket platform launcher that the description mentions that you can escape with the rocket, so I guess that's the whole story, only the finish scene is left unless the dev does something drastic
>>
File: 1489617967672.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489617967672.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
I always roleplay the guy in subnautica as a scientist or a researcher, he is not a grunt he dont need and he dont know how to use weapon but he can outsmart the creatures in other ways. I like more a strategic system like camouflage, light baiting, maybe use some chems or other fishes to bait away aggressors things like this instead hurr durr shoota time.
>>
>>383478692
>dev's

its just one loud faggot
>>
>>383478789
>i wonder why people are mad
The only mad people is MUH COOP fags and MUH GUNZ fags,
>>
>>383478635
>it can be used to sort of scare away predators that are afraid of being stabbed
While that sounds cool, it's also at a serious risk of trivializing all smaller enemies, especially in early game. And in late game it's pointless because you can already do that with the repulsion cannon, the grav-cannon if you grab literally any physical object in the game and fire it at them on short distance, or use electric discharge if you have a sub nearby.

Also, as for uniqueness of enemies: there is already the Stalkers can be easily handled with a shiny object or bait, bonesharks with bait alone, electric eels are CUNTS that don't react to virtually anything but Stasis gun and/or vortex or gas.

I do agree that more variety in the game, in enemy behavioral patterns and options for player would benefit. But that does not NEED guns. In fact those would seriously risk that many existing elements would be trivialized.

>>383478789
>while leaving all the voxel shit in, so now it has less gameplay, but runs like fucking garbage still,
Yeah: because completely replacing the terrain is a massive challenge. They removed the terraforming because it also bloated the save-file and save-times insanely.
They had made it clear from the start: the voxes are the source of the poor performance and they are going to remove them completely. Removing the terraformer was just a first step, next is replacing the whole terrain with a proper mesh instead.

Now: IF they don't hold on to their words: your shitty tantrum will be entirely justified. Seriously, if they don't fix the performance before 1.00, they can go suck a dick and massive revolt of the userbase is entirely justified.

However, getting mad NOW is fucking retarded.

>it doesnt prove he'll redo the entire fucking game just so it doesnt run like shit.
No, it however proves that it's their intention. Not every intention is fullfilled. And if they fail, then we can hold it against them. Until then, your anger is pathetic.
>>
>>383478739
A longer weapon that doesnt risk a hit. I also like the idea that some creatures are smart enough to understand the danger and wont attack you if you hold a spear and point it at them.
>>
>>383478365
As >>383478432 said it most likely is a bug.
>>
>>383479002
>The only mad people is MUH COOP fags and MUH GUNZ fags,
Actually, a lot of the very early adopters, those who really bought it because they wanted their minecraft under-water were pretty angry about the removal of the terraforming. And you can't really blame them: they bought the game to play in creative mode and build giant statues and cave systems, and the game yanked that away from them. While I think the new direction the game has taken is better - if I bought a minecraft clone for it being minecraft like, and a year later I was told that "nope: we are actually doing something else entirely", I'd probably be bitter too.

The MUH TERRAFORMAH crowd was pretty big few updates back. Actually much, much bigger than the MUH GUNZ's shit. In fact the guns bothered relatively few people until that stupid dev post appeared and attacked armies of pol faggots who did not care about the game before, but like tumblrites, they need their enemies and crusades.

MUH COOP crowd on the other hand: they have been the single most obnoxious, annoying crowd of them all.
>>
>>383479050
>>383479142
Maybe sandsharks are to dumb to realize the danger or stalkers like your shiney spear or that armoured bonesharks arent afraid.
>>
>>383479331
>MUH COOP
Is not a bad idea but game, imho, have nothing to do for a coop. Building shit is easy and requires few resources, there is basically nothing to do with a friend nor a challenge to beat with two people.
>>
>>383479421
Animals have no fear of a human instrument, you can have a fucking bazooka and a warthog will still attack you. If you can emulate the heat and light of a fire will work but except that nothing will work.
>>
>>383479507
That's a weird argument against co op. I don't care if the game never gets it but that's just weird, it's like saying minecraft gains nothing from a friend either.

"extra friends" aren't a gameplay mechanic...they're just extra people to play with you. Not every game needs explicit 2-player challenges like Portal 2 to justify co-op, sometimes having another player to build and explore shit with you is enough
>>
>>383477542
sounds like you can't argue the point so you argue the man
>>
>>383479594
>Animals have no fear of a human instrument
Some of them do.
>>
>>383479625
Think about it: what is your friend doing? Doing your main story? Not cool. Just farming resources? Boring also the world has limited supplies, without counting the single scannable blueprints.
>>
>>383476625
It's not like getting flattened by a truck is a better way to die, Britfriend
>>
File: 1475202091773.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475202091773.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
I want to quit this game now.

I got 50% research on the prawn suit in the aurora, and logged out (i saved) and logged back in, the suits were fucking gone and so was all my progress on the blueprint
>>
>>383479723
Again I don't care if they add co op or not but it's not like having co op wouldn't be fun. Your friend could base build or go off and get more resources or explore with you

If they added co op I wouldn't be mad.
>>
File: 1469635924315.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469635924315.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>butthurt gunfags
>"waaaaah! Ruin the game they they ruined resident evil! Waaaah! I wan guunnns! Waaaah!"

lol. Walmart plebs.
>>
>>383479696
Only thing that can keep away a wild animal is fire. Excessive noise can work too but i was talking about little instruments like a gun or a knife.
An herbivore can be scared by an aggressive nature like theet grinning, intense stare, sudden movements etc but a predator? Unlikely, the more you goof around him the more he wants to fight you.
>>
>>383479594
>smart animals dont know sharp stabby thing hurts.
Bazooka's arent scary because animals dont know what it can do but almost every animals knows that a sharp thing hurts
>>
>>383479738
yeah that's a bug.
>>
call me when the stutter is fixed and I can get more than 30fps on low with my 1080
>>
>>383479861
>sharp thing hurts
If you stab him before yes, but in a situation 0 he doesnt have the reason capability to understand sharp -> pain -> run. Also the definition of "sharp" comes from a chain of cause-consequence.
>>
>>383479983
They are aliens though, maybe they are way smarter then they look but they have a very different mind then animals on earth
>>
>>383479951
>1080
Is the 1080 a meme? I have a 970 and im 50-60 all of the times. I heard with a long playing some shutter goes on but i never play for more than 1-2 hours straight.
>>
>>383479951
Ok, what's your phone number?
>>
>>383479808
>>383479507
There is actually a very simple set of reasons why COOP is a really stupid idea. And I'm quite serious when I say that the fact that they do NOT have one is one of the reasons why this game succeeded where most other failed.

So first of all: Implementation of COOP is extremely expensive and time-consuming. As the dev's stated, it would probably come at the expense of year of developent of actual content for the game, if not more. It's a huge undertaking.
And if you are going to take the actual risk and investment to include coop, you better make damn sure that the coop has actually benefited the game and it's sales significantly enough. Which means that there need to be mechanical rewards for it. Otherwise, all that you end up doing is making the game twice as easy, and twice as short.
In a game that would already sacrifice year(s) of potential in-game content just to get that coop running, and that is entirely hand-crafted, with low replay value due to the hand-crafted nature, all the coop would do is cut down the already dilluted content exploration rate to half. With NO replay-value. Making it a game you buy, play in coop for four, five hours, and never touch again. Making it a bad business proposition.

So to actually make the coop work, you'd need to further alter the design to actually make it worth while. By adding more randomized elements. More scavenging requirements, slow down building, add more mechanical grind, probably add more cyclus-based threats too. The game would have to abandon it's relatively tightly focused, hand-crafted, one-but-really-satisfying-playthrough design.
And even then it would still have to compete with THOUSANDS of similar games that are out there and have been designed for coop from the start and simply do a better job at it. While the changes that would done to accomodate coop would also alienate those people who don't care about multiplayer.
This cannot be overstated. Lack of coop saved subnautica.
>>
Is there some way to to make the depths a bit more murkier or increase fog? Seeing everything in front of you, especially at the "dark depths" really takes away the spook factor. Everything is so fucking bright.
>>
>>383480128
FPS is not the problem. Microstutters cause by chunks of voxels loading in, which increases depending on how fast you move around the world rather than by immediate surroundings - that is the problem.
>>
>>383480406
Sadly, no. And it is one of my main issues with subnautica: no modding (even small) or customizaton options as of now.
And yeah. The visibility being handled the way it is is one of my biggest gripes.
>>
>>383466609
Based on what you would consider a "school shooting" versus what a school shooting is actually defined as, this is blatantly, demonstrably false.
>>
>>383474863
>Something like 500 murders in 2015 and 750 in 2016, it's ridiculously high.

Its getting higher, and the govern and Mayor refuse to call in the national guard, they fear a police state. I get it but do something.
>>
post comfy bases /v/
i cant start us off because mine looks like shit and i need inspiration/something to rip off.
>>
sandy hook was a staged event

they fake the news all the time
>>
I'm just waiting for this faggy game to finally exit EA so I can refund it and get my god damn money back from this semen slurping SanFran dickrider. It's like they're purposely staying in EA forever so everyone like me can't get their money back.
>>
>>383481936
...what?

You can refund the game if you want to.
>>
>>383482016
When games exit EA the timer resets on ownership/play statistics for refund purposes. By the time I found out what a huge faggot the dev team was I was outside the initial refund window. Now I have to wait for this one to come around to refund.
>>
>>383482079
Yeah, the developers are taking their time finishing the game because they are affraid of faggots like you who are going to refund the game because they don't like political opinions of one of the developers, sure. Also, SJW's exist specifically to prevent YOU from getting laid.

Also:
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE FUCKING CAPTCHA?!
>>
>>383482867
Whatever you gotta tell yourself. I don't support people trying to take my rights away with lies and slander. So I want my money back. It is what it is.
>>
>>383481490
If you want a comfy subnautica thread, forget it. This thread is already doomed from the start.
Better make a new one.
>>
>>383480361
Not any of those guys, but aren't we talking about a developer that has already made a multiplayer game? Surely they have enough knowledge to implement a basic framework (not all the minor details, of course) and have the total project done in a matter of a few months.

Of course, they could also just hire someone with more expertise than them if they really gave a shit.
>>
>>383482867
>he has a captcha
>>
>>383481547
I don't outright think it was fake but it's really fishy to me.
>>
>>383482983
>I don't support people trying to take my rights away with lies and slander.
Oh god you Americans are so insanely fucking funny. WAAH: This guy says something that I don't agree with politically. That actually means he is trying to take away my FREEEDOOOOMMMMM! LIER! LIER!"
This is such a fucking comedy goldmine!

>>383483193
>Surely they have enough knowledge to implement a basic framework (not all the minor details, of course) and have the total project done in a matter of a few months.
It's precisely because they had already made two multiplayer games before that they are all well aware of the difficulty and pros and cons of doing such thing. And no. It does not matter that you have done it before: it's just a fucking load of time.

It's like saying "Didn't those guys build a tanker ship before? Surely, they have enough knowledge to build another one in a matter of weeks!"
That is just not how game development works. You can't copy-paste net-code from a previous project done in different engine with completely different core mechanics either.
These people have background in multiplayer games, and that heavily influenced the decision to not make it, and their reasoning for it. Precisely because they know what they are doing is why I trust their assesment on the difficulty of implementing it.
>>
>>383483393
>You can't copy-paste net-code from a previous project done in different engine with completely different core mechanics either.
Sounds like they could learn a thing or two from Bethesda.
>>
>>383483393
>This guy says something that I don't agree with politically. That actually means he is trying to take away my FREEEDOOOOMMMMM! LIER! LIER!
he openly says he wants a world with less guns and is trying to use his game to influence people into his way of thinking.
>>
>>383482867
>Also, SJW's exist specifically to prevent YOU from getting laid.

leftists literally replace fatherhood with the state, and taxpayers

enjoy raising your wifes son you cuck retard
>>
>>383482867
>Captcha
>click the roads untill there are no more roads
>I have no idea when something is a road, its not like its a bunch of highways it also parking lot and fucking sandroads in pakistan
>Fail it because its basicly luck
>Click all squares that have streetsigns
>Ok I can do this one
>Have to do it 5 times
>Finally get to post
>>
>>383465917
Go stick your head in a pig.
>>
>>383465917
>Gun free zones have all the mass shootings

Really makes you think
>>
>>383483618
>he openly says he wants a world with less guns and is trying to use his game to influence people into his way of thinking.
No, the declares that this game in some way reflects his opinion on the matter. And many of his colleagues clearly disagreed with this notion, by the way.
Also, WHO THE FUCK CARES YOU RETARD?! Are you fucking puppet? Did you think buying a game in which guns are present but don't shoot bullet makes you suddenly change your opinion on gun laws. Or anyone elses?
Do you seriously believe, that the random thought process in the head of the developer actually has impact on gun-law opinions of people who play it? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. YOU ARE A FUCKING TUMBLRINA.
"If you include sexy women in your game, that is oppressive to non-sexy women! Ban this game! Burn the developer!"
How are you any fucking different from those pathetic piles of shit? Seriously! How fucking low opinion of the people around you do you have to think that some developer thought gun violence is a problem, and also made a game where you don't have a gun (but have plenty of violence at your disposal anyway) is IN ANY FUCKING WAY THREATENING YOUR FUCKING RIGHT TO WON A FUCKING DAMN STUPID PILE OF JUNK THAT YOU'LL MORE LIKELY TO KILL YOUSELF WITH THAN ANYTHING?!
If anything is at stake here, it's the FAR MORE IMPORTANT right to basic expression, you idiot. The guy fucking said what he thinks. And you believe that he should be punished for that. You believe that his opinion is a direct fucking threat to you, for fuck sake.
And that is exactly what was originally wrong with the Marxists here, you cretin. the fact that they think every item is a potential political threat, and that anything that does potentially not serve their own propaganda should be punished and publicly lynched.
And now: it's you who are doing that. So fuck off, you pile of shit. Every time you say something like this, you are enabling another fucking Anita to happen.
>>
>>383484113
That is not my main problem.
My main problem is "Click on all squares with signs".
Click on all squares with signs. It's clear, unquestionable, simple, no fucking possibilty to be wrong.

WRONG! TRY AGAIN.
EIGHT. FUCKING. TIMES. IN. A FUCKING. ROW.
THIS SHIT BROKEN, YO.
>>
>>383484185
Thank you! I was looking for it like mad.
>>
File: tumblr_om2fvp3cIV1w2pqyno1_1280.png (713KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om2fvp3cIV1w2pqyno1_1280.png
713KB, 1280x716px
>>383484661
holy shit
>>
>>383473317
It DID make the game better though, and therefore I wont hold that Dev's stupidity against them.
>>
>>383484661
>No, the declares that this game in some way reflects his opinion on the matter.

Yeah and his opinion is that guns are bad
>>
>>383484661
>if you dont throw money at a tumblrina for his game you're a tumblrina

dude i can pirate it lmao get the fuck over yourself its not a big fucking deal

i give $20 out of the good of my heart you better be fucking humble and not shit all over me with your stupid ass opinions
>>
>>383485075
>It DID make the game better though, and therefore I wont hold that Dev's stupidity against them.
Well, as this proves >>383484185 it's in no way certain that it was ever an actual political decision. It's far more likely that the dev being a moron retroactively tried to use it as a tool to preach his stupid political opinions that nobody should really care about. And even if he thought the no-gun policy is because of his opinion on gun-laws, clearly other people in the team did not even think about it that way at all.
So my point is: the political agenda has always been irrelevant, and this has been as much of a pragmatical, game-design driven decision as political, or even less.

>>383485243
Who. The fuck. CARES?

>>383484996
The fact that some people might hold strong opinions on something should actually not be shocking to you faggots. Especially when it is important. It's far more important that people learn to deal with plurality of political opinions and it's (lack-off) relevance to basic customer logic than it is that some faggot said something about how he is scared of weapons.
This is shit that actually MATTERS. Not the devs opinion: but the way that you faggots can or can't deal with it.

>>383485389
Sure, what ever. Pirate. Nobody gives a FUCK about that either. It's not the bloody point. Just stop acting as if it mattered to the judgement of the fucking GAME. If you want an excuse to pirate, this is as good as any. Actually: it's retarded, but then again who cares.
>>
>>383485467
What is it with dipshits like you and constantly prancing around shouting WHO CARES WHO CARES WHO CARES in a conversation when the reason this conversation is occurring is because the person talking to you cares? There's your answer. So why do you keep asking who? What an annoying noise you people make just to hear yourself talk.
>>
>>383484113
>>383484747
ha-ha, I also encounter the same problem very often, my fellow humans
Do you perhaps know of a software that allows for a higher probability of passing the
-Captcha test
?
Asking for a friend, of course.
Most distinct salutations, Anon v2
>>
File: ss_2016-09-11_at_04.02.04.png (263KB, 408x421px) Image search: [Google]
ss_2016-09-11_at_04.02.04.png
263KB, 408x421px
>>383485467
>>
I can tell he's about write another novel of a post. Dude is mentally unstable.
>>
>>383476113
Your photoshop image doesn't fool me , i still stand by the developer i'm with I->Iim
>>
>>383485898
I wonder if he's a dev or maybe he's just insanely interesting in defending this sjw game for some reason
>>
>>383485957
>photoshop

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/523897653306355954/?ctp=9#c371918937268702725

>>
>>383485565
Basic understanding of most basic english phraseology is not your strong point, is it? Maybe you are not native speaker?
>>
File: 1480669877415.png (245KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1480669877415.png
245KB, 1465x1209px
>>383485467
>>
>>383485957
>photoshop image
But sure, the shiller are the ones in denial.
>>
How old is this message now? A year? More? And /v/ is still having regular complaining threads about it. Holy shit.
>>
File: 1486668661135.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1486668661135.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>383486315

It's because someone injected their retarded and wrong political beliefs into a game about space monsters. Since it is the dev that did it though, I don't have a problem with it because it is "their" game.

But it is retarded view though, shootings happen all the time, around the world, even in countries with strict gun laws.
>>
/v/ in a nutshell:
>I hate all these fucking assholes trying to force their political views on what the devs want to do with their game! Devs shouldn't have to compromise their vision because a bunch of thin-skinned babies complained!
>WHY IS NO GUNS IN SUBNAUTICA, I DON'T AGREE POLITICALLY SO THEY SHOULD CHANGE IT
>>
>>383486469
You can stop fabricating boogeymen for your persecution complex, Flayra. People have issue with the fact that you turned a supposed game design decision into a soap box to virtue signal and preach about the evils of lawful firearm ownership in real life and how you do everything you can to make less guns in the world (which admittedly is likely zero given the amount of effort displayed by the average person who hates guns).
>>
File: Murica fuk yea.webm (399KB, 466x260px) Image search: [Google]
Murica fuk yea.webm
399KB, 466x260px
>>383486469

Please try to understand. When you live in the Greatest Country In God's Green Earth, America. You naturally expect that same FREEDOM to apply in other things. But other things are wrong, stupid, retarded and totally not "free", so it triggers our sense of imposing FREEDOM, where FREEDOM is not found.
>>
>>383478193
Why the fuck co-op would ruin this game tho? Beside subnautica was a sucess thanks to the atmosphere and novelty of being underwater. Not because there wasnt any gun
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.