[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fran's game is coming out on Tuesday. It's time to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 18

File: fran.jpg (153KB, 693x900px) Image search: [Google]
fran.jpg
153KB, 693x900px
Fran's game is coming out on Tuesday. It's time to start autistically detailing your action plan, anons, and read up on Zodiac edition changes.

For example: Did you know that you will be able to have TWO jobs in this edition? What will you pick for your characters?
>>
Literally worse than XIII.
>>
>>383455468
This game is the anti-hallway simulator.
>>
>>383455468
(You)
Yes (you) gtfo!
>>
File: 1479688004147.jpg (185KB, 900x1259px) Image search: [Google]
1479688004147.jpg
185KB, 900x1259px
Maybe this time I'll actually finish 12.
>>
Someone give me a video that gives a rundown of all the changes.
>>
>>383455867
More graphics.tiff
>>
can this be one of the jobs?
>>
File: spoon-feeding.jpg (82KB, 584x389px) Image search: [Google]
spoon-feeding.jpg
82KB, 584x389px
>>383455867
This article lists it all and is better because you don't need a shitty video.

http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5751-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-changes-and-additions-what-s-new-in-this-ivalice-remaster
>>
>>383455314
Wait so it's not just and HD texture pack for IZJS?
>>
>>383456781
It does that. But it also has 8 new music tracks, the ability to pick two jobs (opening up all the jobs in one playthrough) and they made some minor improvements.
>>
Can you do Dustia farming in the Zodiac age version?
>>
File: Fran butt.jpg (545KB, 1086x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Fran butt.jpg
545KB, 1086x1632px
Fuck this rabbit
>>
>>383455645
This game is anti-gameplay.

Maybe if they removed the autobattle it might actually be good.
>>
IVALICE IS THE BEST UNIVERSE
>>
>>383455314
Nah I'm waiting for the pc version because I want to experience talking to my friends while alt tabbed out of a boss battle because I set my gambits really well.
>>
>>383458616
12 always had an option to either fight manually or use the auto battle
>>
>>383458854
true but not the one with the bangaas and shit
>>
>>383458861
Is it actually getting a PC release?
>>
>>383458616
You have to actively go out of your way to make people do stuff on their own
>>
>>383455314
Don't you mean penelo's game?
>>
>>383460731
It's all their game
>>
>>383455314
Yeah I'll just get it for my Vita. Lol oh wait
>>
File: chaos wrecked.jpg (429KB, 2715x865px) Image search: [Google]
chaos wrecked.jpg
429KB, 2715x865px
>Espers almost universally get buffed
>The weakest Espers had their signature attacks buffed as well
>Checking through all of the changes when I come across Chaos
>His whirlwind attack went from doing some sort of percentage damage to a BASE POWER OF 50
Let me just remind you, Chaos is a fucking level 3 Esper.
>Belias, a level 1 esper has his signature move painflare with a power of 65
>Chaos's ultimate attack has also been nerfed and now has a base power of 100 too, putting it at the same level of Belias once again
Surely that's all though right? Wrong.
>All of his plethora of spells have been stripped away now besides Aeroga.
In what fucking universe is this okay?
>>
>>383455314
I really dislike FF12 gameplay I'll just watch a lets play. I like the story and the characters. Except Vaan, fuck that nigga
>>
>>383460523
That's not needed at all. I beat the game with 4 basic gambits and barely any input it was lame all the way thank god for the speedup button, it's like the devs gave up and admitted their game wasn't worse playing for that long.
>>
>>383462290
I used to hate him as well, But playing Dissidia made me like Vaan a lot.
>>
>>383455468
Fpbp
>>
>>383458510
No Fran, because you're basically naked. Nothing's on your butt.
>>
>>383455314
>Zodiac edition

Great, the edition that made it so all the characters can do less.
>>
>>383465056
Sure, because it was so much better having everyone be identical and have all the same abilities
>>
>>383465178

They all had the same potential. If they all ended up with the same abilities that's your fault.
>>
>>383465283
And now you can actually make them distinct and with a purpose of their own.
>>
will be comfy to roam around as i fall asleep
>>
>>383465584

I already did. All this did was take freedom away. It doesn't add anything.

You can place restrictions on yourself.
>>
>>383465657
It does add something. It adds a sense of consequence to your choices. You're not going to just swap around weapons until you have what you like for a character, you give them a job or two, and then train them in those professions and feel rewarded for committing to it.
>>
>>383465734

That's not adding something. There's already a consequence of building your characters identically: You didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>383465887
I did enjoy it, and the change they're doing is just fine.
>>
>>383465941

It's not fine. I don't like the limitations, I like the version with no limitations. The version that DOESN'T have the limitations can be enjoyed by people who like and also those who don't like the limitations, the former just needs to have a little self control.

There's no good reason to limit the license boards like this.
>>
File: 1391247555402.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1391247555402.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>383456032
What, a domme job? Yes
>>
>>383466072

>It's not fine because I don't like it

Ok
>>
>>383466170

It's not fine because the version of the game I like can be enjoyed by both parties, but the new version can only be enjoyed by one.

It's literally objectively the worse choice. It's JUST taking away freedom.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (45KB, 270x168px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
45KB, 270x168px
White Mage/Shikari
Monk/Knight
Bushi/Archer
Red Mage/Foebreaker
Ulhan/Black Mage
Machinist/Time Mage
>>
>tfw no Ivalice MMO
>>
>>383466242
>It's not fine because the version of the game I like can be enjoyed by both parties

Your argument is shit. You said
>the former just needs to have a little self control

You're pretty much saying "It's okay if you just change your attitude." Well why don't you change yours?

Saying that someone else needs to approach a game differently to find enjoyment, and then refusing to do so yourself, seems pretty hypocritical.
>>
>>383455314
yey another SW game
>>
>>383460845
What do they taste like?
>>
I DONT FUCKING KNOW WHICH JONS TO GIVE WHO AND MY OCD IS MAKING ME SPAZZ OUT

Gamefaqs is not even remotely fucking helpful because they're giving everyone the run around when they want advice
>>
>>383458510
With pleasure
>>
>>383466405

Changing my attitude doesn't unlock the license boards.
>>
>>383466242
Dude, all it just means is planning ahead and committing to it. That's a bold way to approach something in a game like that where such an attitude is usually saved for things like XCOM or a roguelike where you have to have something of a game plan before you start out and stick to it once you get underway. All this means is you have to pick which 2 jobs the gang have when you get them and that's it. It's not different from what the old game did instead of making the job boards more distinct and ensuring people can't make the entire identical.
>>
>>383466725

But then you will no longer care, because you've adopted a viewpoint which derives enjoyment from those limitations. Which is pretty much what you were telling others to do to overlook perceived flaws in the previous system (exercise "a little self control").

Don't tell others "Just do X and it's fun!" and not expect to get that thrown back in your face.
>>
>>383455314
> Did you know that you will be able to have TWO jobs in this edition
why
the whole point of adding the system was to prevent characters from naturally becoming overpowered beasts
>>
pls don't tell me the lvl 1 mode is a RNG fest
>>
File: ff12-international-1.jpg (130KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
ff12-international-1.jpg
130KB, 700x750px
.::God-tier combinations::.

These are the combos that add up to far more than the sum of their parts - so powerful they're practically broken.

Hunter/Breaker: Hunter's ninja swords are one of the best weapons to use with Genji Gloves, and Hunter/Breaker is arguably the best way to do so. This combination gives you 3x swiftness, a decent ranged weapon (hand bomb), all 4 breaks, Genji gear, high strength and HP, and ninja swords.

Hunter/Samurai: Not as strong as Hunter/Breaker but has one huge advantage - this is the only combination that allows for Genji Gloves + Yagyu Darkblade (Dark element weapon) + Black Robes (which boost Dark damage by 50%). In other words, this is THE ultimate Yiazmat killer. You can also easily heal any teammate with dark-absorbing gear by attacking them!

Hunter/White Mage: a nearly invincible healer/tank hybrid. High HP, shields and Main Gauche (a dagger that gives you a whopping 50 evasion) combine with access to all the buff/healing spells to make this the best tank in the game. Even better, you can use the Drain spell to damage enemies while healing yourself.

Black Mage/Monk: perhaps the ultimate offensive magic user. Monk upgrades your Black Mage with 3x swiftness, tons of HP, and access to White Magick 9-13. Being able to exploit Holy weakness is a huge advantage, and the best staff (Staff of the Magi) boosts Holy damage by 50%. This combo also has excellent physical strength, which especially comes in handy earlier in the game before you get all the really good offensive spells.

Black Mage/Red Mage: Another contender for the best offensive mage. Red Mage gets the most powerful elemental spell in the game: Ardor. Unfortunately he gets no fire-boosing gear to make the best of it. This combo lets you use the Flame Staff to boost Ardor by 50%. Oil + Ardor + Flame Staff makes for the highest damage move in the game. A good selection of healing and buffs on top of it.
>>
>>383467023
Having two jobs won't make them overpowered, though. It just means you can get a taste of every job and be able to configure the party for whatever situation you need.
>>
>>383466967
>Don't tell others "Just do X and it's fun!" and not expect to get that thrown back in your face.

The game you like is ALREADY IN the game I like. The way to get to it is to just play the game in a way that's fun for you.

The game I like IS NOT in the game you like. To enjoy your version of the game, I'd have to change what I like and don't like, and that's not something normal people can just do.

I'm telling you to have fun, you're telling me to change who I am.
>>
File: ff12wp-07.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ff12wp-07.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
>>383467142

Samurai/Knight: The syngergy here is incredible. Samurai's katanas do damage based on both strength and magic. Samurai has very high magic power, along with the magic-boosting mystic armor, but has just mediocre strength. Knight has excellent strength and strength-boosting heavy armor, so this combo will greatly increase katana damage. But it gets better. Knight unlocks a bunch of excellent White Magicks, but has lousy magic power. Samurai's magic ability will make those spells far more effective. What's more, this is the only combo in the game that allows White Robes (50% damage boost for Holy element) + Excalibur (Holy elemental sword) + 3x swiftness, making you the ultimate undead slayer.

Samurai/Monk: Similar to the Samurai/Knight combo, this combines Samurai's high magic power with Monk's strength (highest in the game) to greatly boost katana damage. Monk can unlock White Magick 9-13, which benefit from Samurai's excellent magic power.

White Mage/Machinist: This is a nice upgrade for your healer. Machinist gives you lots of HP, 3x swiftness, eventual access to Hastega, and guns (which do fixed damge regardless of your stats, making them ideal for a weak healer-type character). Guns give you a way of doing some decent damage during downtime from healing/buffing. What's more, you can equip Dark Shot + Black Robes to boost their damage by 50% AND heal allies with dark-absorbing gear. Just be sure to set up your gambits so you don't heal any dark-absorbing enemies. If you want to use guns, this is the best combo to do so.

Knight/Time Mage: Time Mage gives the slow Knight 3x swiftness, a ranged weapon (Bowguns), and some decent magic power to make the best of his White Magick. Plus Time Magick, of course. This combo makes for a great attacker with lots of support abilities.
>>
>>383466634
from left to right: day old pork, shit, KFC
>>
>>383467191
Yet you're saying people won't be able to have fun with the revamped system even though it sounds like there'll be plenty of fun to be had.
>>
File: 1497121731013.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1497121731013.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>383455314
>tfw min maxer at heart
>tfw can't bear the thought of giving my character not the most perfect class for their stat growth / character base stats
>tfw now there's a possibility that I give a person not only 1 not-minmaxed job, but TWO
>>
>>383467295

No, I'm saying it'll be less fun for me. It's obviously a thing people want, it's just not something that makes sense.
>>
>>383467169
>It just means you can get a taste of every job and be able to configure the party for whatever situation you need.
perfect preparation is no different than simply being an overpowered beast
>>
File: ff12-international-4.jpg (116KB, 780x610px) Image search: [Google]
ff12-international-4.jpg
116KB, 780x610px
You cannot deny the beauty of FF12's art, it influenced 13,14,15, so you might say its the most influential FF after 6 and 7
>>
>>383467417
Not really. It's not like you can mix and match things from one job to another like you do something like Dragon's Dogma and effectively remove all shortcomings from a vocation.
>>
>>383467191
>I'm telling you to have fun

No, bullshit. What you said was
>the former just needs to have a little self control

So anybody who didn't like the previous system just need to change their approach and exercise self control, and they'll have fun (just like that!).

Well I'm telling you the same godamn thing. Stop disliking the new system, embrace the limitations and learn to work within them, and you'll have fun (just like that!)

It's a shit argument that essentially boils down to you saying "I would prefer it otherwise."
>>
>>383467451
I swear that Nero guy in ARR sounded like Simon Templeman.
>>
File: 1478371463607.jpg (26KB, 337x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478371463607.jpg
26KB, 337x600px
>>383455468
you can run in more than one direction in 12
>>
>>383455314
>actualyl re release an ivalice alliance game
>its the one with only humans playable safe for rabbitgirl

Why is this allowed?
Beeing introduced tot he setting through FFTA makes everything worse.

Wheres my bro tier Bangaa? Wheres my fat useless Nou Mu fucks?
>>
>>383467543
>So anybody who didn't like the previous system just need to change their approach and exercise self control, and they'll have fun (just like that!).

Holy shit. Just play the game the way you want to play it. It's not even self-control. If something isn't fun, don't do it. The original version of the game CAN be played in a way that you can like it. The new version CANNOT be played in the way that I'd like it.

I don't even know what the argument is here.
>>
>>383467503
Oh, perhaps I misunderstood.
You manually toggle between the jobs and it changes what license board you are currently using? So you have to manage 2 sets of equipment and gambits?
>>
>>383458616
god you're fucking retarded. there's the same amount of player input in 12 as there is in most of the other games in the series. only difference is that 12 takes the tedium of selecting an the action from a menu and pressing X a million times.
>>
>>383467693
Pretty much. Each job has its own board as opposed to the original board where you just had to get a selection of skills and "got" that job. As it is, it is sort of like the DD vocations, but without the skill swapping.
>>
>>383467451
No joke, I love the design of the judges and I'm glad FFXIV still uses something similar for the empire dudes. Also, the architecture of the big cities is amazing.
>>
>>383467690
Because you basically wouldn't let be have the opinion that the new system can be fun and insisted that they were wrong.
>>
>>383467883

I never said it couldn't be fun, I said it's less fun for me personally. I don't know you.

The reason I said it's a bad decision is because it's selling the lack of a feature as a feature and that's ridiculous, not because it makes the game unfun or bad.
>>
I need some advice. I played through the Zodiac edition for PS2 through a rom and enjoyed it but never beat it. Now that I know there's two jobs I'm at a complete loss as to how to play people. My team originally was:
Vaan: Hunter
Balthier: White Mage
Basch: Breaker
Ashe: Black Mage
Fran: Red Mage
Penelo: Knight (She looks cute using Greatswords)

I definitely want to keep Penelo a knight and Balthier some type of mage but I don't know what sounds good.
>>
>>383468007
>Penelo a knight
>Balthier some type of mage

disgusting, Penelo should always be a mage and Balthier a Machinist.
>>
>>383466242
>want to make someone a ninja in FFXII
>have to wait for fucking ever for any ninja swords and much less to get access to the licenses

>izjs
>can pick ninja out the box
>ninja swords from the start with licenses to boot

Job system is better.
>>
>>383460936
>owning a Vita
>>
File: 2945124-ashe_milestone_call+outs.jpg (983KB, 1920x942px) Image search: [Google]
2945124-ashe_milestone_call+outs.jpg
983KB, 1920x942px
Best main girl
>>
>>383468246

Alright this is an argument. I don't think that instantly makes the job system better, but it's at least a valid complaint about the old system.
>>
>>383468160
Balthier has max style as a white mage.
>>
>>383455314
>Fran's game
Fun fact, Fran is the only character that doesn't have a stat she's higher in than every other character. No matter which job you want to give her, she comes in 3rd place or worse compared to anyone else.
>>
>>383468160
Balthier is easily the coolest looking mage in the game. He honestly looks cool doing anything but I couldn't bring myself to make him a Machinist in Zodiac because I didn't like the abilities it gave. As for Penelo, her magic and mp pool is amazing for knight. She looks too goofy as a mage.
>>
Question, do they sell all the types of weapons early in the game? because i dont remember rabanastre shop having all the weapons early in the game
>>
>>383468672
This is good to know. My party in the original was Balthier, Fran, and alternating between Ashe & Penelo depending on how I felt at the time. Trying to figure what jobs to give them.
>>
>>383468672
She's actually pretty cute as a black mage. Ashe has a good 1h sword pose so she's good as either a knight or sam with Blood sword A or murasame1 or whatever 1h kat is technically a sword in izjs.
>>
Is it coming to PC?
>>
File: Explosion_Megumin.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Explosion_Megumin.gif
2MB, 500x281px
My team set up

Vaan:Black Mage/Red Mage
Basch:Black Mage/Red Mage
Balthier:Black Mage/Red Mage
Fran:Black Mage/Red Mage
Penelo:Black Mage/Red Mage
Ashe:Black Mage/Red Mage

All I will do is cast oil, then cast ardor with a flame staff.

It will be the best team.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.