[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvP jJdqbSc8 If you were to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: final hours.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
final hours.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPjJdqbSc8

If you were to ask me what I consider the most disturbing moment in a video game, I'd say the Final 6 Hours, without hesitation.

The 3rd day itself is already pretty disturbing. The strange green skies and constant tremors give off a vibe that indicates something is horribly wrong. Most of the citizens of Clock Town, now aware of their fates, make preparations to evacuate to safety. This is all unsettling on its own, but it gets a whole lot worse by 6PM.

The strange green sky gives way to a terrifying blood-red sky. Clock Town has gone from a bustling and cheery city to a desolate ghost town, with only a handful of people staying behind. The Postman and the Guards know full well that Clock Town is going to be annihilated, but stay anyways because they haven't been ordered to evacuate. The Swordsman Teacher claims that he'll cut the moon in half, but spends the final 6 hours cowering in fear. Mutoh scoffs at the moon, calling everyone who evacuated the town (including his own workers) cowards. The Bombers are unaware of their impending demise, and spend the night playing in the empty streets. Madama Aroma spends her final moments drinking away her sorrows at the Milk Bar. Her husband, Mayor Dotour, sits in his office, waiting for the Moon to destroy his town. The rest of them have fully accepted their demise, and spend their final moments silently waiting for the moon to crash. With no music and very few NPCs to talk to, the first 6 hours of the night are eerily quiet and empty. That is of course, until the clock strikes midnight.
>>
The fireworks go off at the Clock Tower. This was supposed to be the night that everyone was having fun at the carnival, but no one is present. Instead, this song plays. This song isn't limited to Clock Town, it plays everywhere in Termina except the dungeons, serving as a reminder that there is no escape; that in less than 6 hours everything in Termina will be destroyed. The chiming bells in the background also serve as a reminder of this. Initially they only chime every 15 minutes or so, but as the moon gets closer to Termina, the bells chime more constantly, eventually ringing non-stop by 5AM. In the N64 version, the sun would start rising at 4AM, but in the 3DS remake, the sky stays blood-red the entire night, with no sign of daybreak after the moon crashes. By 5AM, the world has truly begun to end. The bells chime constantly, the earthquakes rarely stop, and the once-distant moon is right above your head. At this point, the only thing you can do to save yourself is reverse time, or stop the moon yourself. If you don't do either of these things, Termina gets annihilated. All the lovable and interesting characters you've met: dead. All the strange locales you've visited: destroyed beyond recognition. Everything you've done in this world: all for nothing.

The Final Day of Majora's Mask is one of the most powerful moments in any video game I've ever played. The music, the visuals, the story, everything comes together to create an atmosphere unrivaled by any other Zelda game (and maybe even most video games).
>>
>>383453804
tl;dr. I did like the atmosphere of the final hours, though -- reminded me a bit of this time I got caught in the middle of a tornado on-foot.
>>
File: 132656859.jpg (35KB, 747x745px) Image search: [Google]
132656859.jpg
35KB, 747x745px
>Majora's Mask theme analysis #14537806
>>
First time I played Majora's I did not save at the owl for some reason, so I did a bunch of stuff and waited for the countdown of the final day just to see what would happen. I thinking was that this is a Nintendo game, so they'll probably give you a game over and spawn you somewhere convenient. Nope. Game over. No file. New game only.

Also, that music during those last few minutes is perfect.
>>
>even most video games
Stopped reading there
>>
>>383453991
>reminded me a bit of this time I got caught in the middle of a tornado on-foot.
Explain in further detail, plox.
>>
>ITT: autism
Majora's mask is good shit though no lie there
>>
>>383454273
Lived along what people call Tornado Alley for a lot of my young life. Sky goes yellow with a hint of green, a stench like a wet dog permeates the air (though that could be attributed to the woods behind my house), etc. Got clocked by someone's kiddie pool flying down the street, but it wasn't a big deal.
>>
File: 1498092456674.gif (499KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1498092456674.gif
499KB, 500x246px
>>383453804
>>383453851
well explained anon, good job. you basically nailed my feelings with words.
>>
>>383453804
I don't care.
>>
>>383454892
Interesting. Always love hearing about tornadoes. The green sky thing is something I've heard before. Caused by the presence of hail? We don't get any tornadoes in South Carolina, but I would love to see one someday from a safe distance.
>>
The last hours music is honestly the most well composed, melancholic and theme-fitting piece of music ever created for a videogame. Prove me wrong.
Protip: you literally and figuratively can't.
>>
File: TLC.jpg (450KB, 1696x820px) Image search: [Google]
TLC.jpg
450KB, 1696x820px
>>383453804
>>383453851

>reposting a YT comment

Terrible.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.