[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start an honest discussion on SGDQ being hyjacked by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14

File: hq720.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hq720.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
And I feel like if I try to start this conversation on Reddit it won't be honest.

I waited to post this and I still don't get it. I'm still reeling. What happened? When did it happen? Who did it? Why was the Tetris run packed with clearly unqualified people? Why is GDQ apologizing for a guy making a meme joke about assuming a plant's gender? Why was a twitch icon banned? Seriously, what the fuck is going on here?

I'm all for acceptance, Scarlet is my favorite SCII player, but not because she is trans or some bullshit, cause she plays Zerg and fucking rocks! But in this case I'm having trouble believing this wasn't some kind of out of place statement. It's supposed to be about the games and the skills.

I remember when a guy beat Mike Tyson blindfolded and not cause we donated 5 million fucking bits. Because he was amazing and could do it.

I was fine with ejecting obvious trolls with the MAGA hat thing and the guy telling people to kill themselves. That ALSO detracts from the games and the skills. But is this what we get for being fine with that? Some kinda slap in the face message that has literally nothing to do with the event?

I'm serious tho, if someone has answers, I'd love to hear them. I don't have any information. I feel like this shit was just dumped on us out of the fucking blue.

Or like, am I out of touch and speedrunning is represented by a larger than average percentage of transgender people? Is it like, the charter of speedrunning community to get transgender acceptance through to people?
>>
>>383450067
>And I feel like if I try to start this conversation on Reddit it won't be honest.
You're a redditor, just go home
>>
File: Starcraft2-logo.jpg (74KB, 1417x742px) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft2-logo.jpg
74KB, 1417x742px
>>383450067
>Scarlet is my favorite SCII player, but not because she is trans or some bullshit
she...she is ?

i've suspected it for years but i was never sure
>>
>>383450219

Yeah, but who cares? It has nothing to do with her skills at SCII which are amazing.
>>
File: 1499567277761.png (309KB, 603x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499567277761.png
309KB, 603x480px
>>383450067
>autistic shit like speedrunning attracts mentally ill trannys

Shocking
>>
who cares, this kind of shit is just going to backfire hard on them
>>
>I'm all for acceptance
>Reddit

nah
>>
>>383450783

I mean, is that what's happening? Like, I considered that it is possible that the male dominance of speedrunning could lead to some deciding that they need to swap up? Or too much vidya and not enough social = a drop in testosterone? Or is it like objectification of women leading to a desire to be desired?

I'm totally willing to accept that some aspect of the hobby of speedrunning can be correlated to gender identity issues.
>>
>>383450067
the thing is that SGDQ is an event wich focuses on getting money and has its own interest, speedruns are not being compromised, just that one event
>>
>>383450067
Autists have a higher rate of wanting to be trannies. Speedrunning attracts A LOT of autists. GDQ wants all the money they can get, so they try to appeal to all audiences.
>>
>>383450067
>hyjacked by transgender acceptance message
Time to go to your safespaces on /pol/ and reddit
>>
>>383450067
>>/reddit/
>>
That's what happens when a mental illness is not treated.
>>
>>383450067
Ster_ hosted GDQ yesterday and some mods were trash talking about the people in the stream.

I said "GDQ would be fine if it was de-autimisized" and got perma banned instantly.

Autistic people are two-faced and hypocritical. They won't help themselves because they want other people to do everything for them while they play video games all day.
>>
>>383451164
who cares, fuck off.
>>
>>383451164
there's legitimately some correlation between autism and trannies
>>
I hate /pol/fags and I'm pretty much a liberal, but I don't follow speedruns at all. Are all these trans people actually good at speedruns (world recordists and all) or they're just forcing them?
>>
>>383450067

It won't be honest here either, try 8ch or 16ch.

we've had people banned for taking about gamergate, so yeah.
>>
>>383451540
the best are the autists who go after doctors and scientists trying to find a cure
>>
>>383450130
>>383451049
>>383451457
Jesus christ the guy said reddit once. There are like two places on the internet to get a discussion going about things this niche and the guy says "I feel like the other place won't have a real conversation" and all you edgelords trying so hard to fit in didn't even read the post.
>>
>>383450476

HIS

HE

HER

HIS

HIS
HE
H
EHE

OF COURSE ITS' A GUY
Y
OU STUPID FUCKS

WHENS' THEL AST TIME A GIRL WAS GOOD AT AN RTS LIE K FUCKING EVER
>>
>>383450067
go outside
>>
>Scarlet is my favorite SCII player
>Scarlet
Clearly not
>>
>>383450067
my only problem is the amount of effort put into the transition

BOTW runner basically just put on a dress
>>
>>383451604
No, they're all awful.
Go watch the Tetris or BOTW runs if you wanna find out.
>>
>>383451603
its true, whether you believe they were born mental or it was brought on by there whole youth being confused and made fun of.
>>
>>383450476
>her
>>
Does our generation hate trans more than our parents generation hated gays?
>>
>>383451710

Thanks. That is what I meant, and that... uhh... they wouldn't "allow" honest discussion on this topic in /r/speedrunning.

Also, I'm not really a "redditor". I don't submit anything, it's just google searches for this shit lead you there.
>>
>>383450476
The problem is when people call him the best female player when he is not even female. That's the biggets issue in every "sport"

I mean you can now be a female by calling yourself that and win female only tournaments.
>>
>>383451884
There's evidence that neither disease is necessarily genetic - in twin studies more often than not one twin does not go tranny and/or autistic. So it's a nurture rather than nature thing (where nurture could include some sort of hormonal issue while in the womb)
>>
>>383451974
Because just like the gays, a select few of people who identify as such are loud, ignorant assholes.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 540x892px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 540x892px
>>383450067
Take your blog to reddit, faggot.
>>
File: 23543253245.jpg (134KB, 736x986px) Image search: [Google]
23543253245.jpg
134KB, 736x986px
>>383450067
I have no problem with transgender people participating in that event. But two things strike me as odd:

a) all trans people at the event would never pass and look like low effort to gain attention and become immune to criticism (aka You just disagree because I am trans, you hater!)

b) there are a lot of trans people in the AGDQ scene. Don't know if this simply is a speedrunning thing, or if they are actively promoted by the staff. The latter needs to stop, they need to get the best runners possible.

/pol/tier meme spewing and edgelording has no place at the even either.
>>
>>383451793

Hah, I actually spell checked it after I submitted. I can never remember how people misspell words. Still tho, she is an amazing SCII player. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Scarlett
>>
>>383451426
An hero fagenabler.
>>
>>383450067
I stopped watching after the first day because of work. What actually happened? Did they cancel runs to have a big trans acceptance meeting or is OP just memeing?
>>
>>383451974
nah, its both
Some fags also hate trans
>>
>>383452179
All the trannies apparently live together and two of them are dating. Seems like it's a clique that managed to muscle its way into power and is now expanding
>>
File: 1182916516077.jpg (31KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1182916516077.jpg
31KB, 720x480px
>>383451974
gays
>let me fuck men and leave me alone
trannies
>IM A BOY BUT I HAVE NO DICK SO IM A GIRL MY PRONOUNS ARE XLIMPGH BLAMPT AND JUAJJO CUNT
our parents had it easy
>>
>>383452258

A transsexual played Breath of the Wild. Unfortunately, they weren't very good looking or very good at video games so /v/ is upset.
>>
>>383452401
honestly tetris was even worse
and really people are more pissed due to all the fucking proto drama that went on during the whole event
>>
>>383451604
It very much feels as though they're only being accepted as runners because they're trans.

If they want to be at GDQ, or even on the couch as commentators, sure whatever.
But the runners should be competent at their game and able to show it off and make it entertaining.

So far, none of the trans runners have really been up to snuff. There are plenty of more skilled, more charismatic runners out there getting shafted in their stead.
>>
File: 1458955280953.gif (760KB, 182x182px) Image search: [Google]
1458955280953.gif
760KB, 182x182px
>>383452341
>MY PRONOUNS ARE XLIMPGH BLAMPT AND JUAJJO CUNT
>>
>>383452470
What drama actually happened? Shitposting on /v/ doesn't count
>>
>>383452338

Are you serious? There was that awkward kiss on camera that felt SUPER forced as well. Do they live together?!
>>
>>383452531
he and his friends actually contacted DanSexy's workplace and tried to get him fired all because twitch chat had fun with an emote
>>
>>383452258
Certain runners/hosts had annoying personalities and some of them happened to be trans. A shit ton of anons are bothered by this.

That being said, the Tetris players all under performed and the BotW drama speaks for it self.
>>
>>383452475
>>383452661
the way the BotW runner got in really was complete bullshit
>>
File: 1498886586785.gif (3MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1498886586785.gif
3MB, 280x280px
>>383452341
>XLIMPGH BLAMPT AND JUAJJO CUNT
>>
>>383452338
When 2 trannies actually date each other it's always because they don't find anyone else.
>>
When are people going to wake up to how fucked up the trans acceptance thing is?

>Someone has a legitimate mental illness that isn't their fault and needs actual treatment
>Their illness tells them that people are watching them and trying to hurt them, causing them to want to do irrational things
>Get them proper psychological treatment along with mitigating medication and bunch
>Their illness tells them that they are actually something completely different than they are to the point where they perceive it physically
>Encourage their illness to take further root by feeding all of its symptoms while providing virtually no treatment for the illness itself
>"Here, let me mutilate your genitals for you because a misfiring of neurons/hormonal deficiency/lack of proper neural connections in your brain told you that you aren't something that you very clearly are."

How did we reach this point as a society, and how do we even begin to come back from it? Is there any hope for sanity in the future?
>>
>>383452661
>>383452719

What happened with BotW?
>>
>>383452719
It's also funny as shit that the botw tranny was that one dude who awkwardly didn't wanna cross the camera from that one gif
>>
>>383452719

OK, I'm with you guys on the BOTW run, but I didn't watch much of it cause I want to play it and didn't want spoilers. But I did see that this person was wearing essentially no pants? That was not a normal amount of clothing and again, it felt forced about trans acceptance. Dunno, maybe I'm stretching... I only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ccTpwEcp8
>>
>>383450067
>Or like, am I out of touch and speedrunning is represented by a larger than average percentage of transgender people?
No, it certainly seems like a small clique managed to get many runs in. In the culture of acceptance were in it's likely the reason they were chosen over other people.
>>
>>383452867
I'm going to tell you the truth. Please trust me.

The runner, Orca, submitted the run against the wishes of the BotW speedrunning community. They had all agreed not to submit the run yet because it needed polishing and because they needed to lock down the rules on Amiibo usage. They wanted to wait and submit it for AGDQ in six months, and everyone was on board with that. One person even retracted their submission because of this agreement, so nobody was submitting BotW to this SGDQ in order to ensure that BotW would be allowed at AGDQ (repeat runs are not always permitted from one event to the next). Skip ahead to the submission deadline and Orca submits the BotW run without anyone realizing and basically cinches the spot for it. It was an underhanded, scummy, attention-whoring thing to do. Orca should never have been there. The rest of the BotW community actually tried to contact GDQ staff and let them know about this so that they could at least have multiple people submit to have the best person running or have a race going, but that didn't happen. The entire situation was bullshit.
>>
>>383452867
>community all agrees not to submit any runs because the game is so new, routes aren't really established yet, and GDQ has a policy of not allowing the same run at two events in a row (so that way AGDQ would have something that looked more polished)
>tranny waits until the last hour possible and submits a BOTW run
>other runners ask GDQ to either cancel the run or reopen submissions because the tranny is really not particularly good and others are better, so if they want a BOTW run they should let the best people run it
>GDQ says no
>tranny runs game
>tranny fucks up multiple times
>route is clearly not well-established
>overall it just kinda sucked
Also the tranny used Amiibos to spawn items in the run...apparently it's not really decided on in the community if that's ok or not (some use them, some don't - there are people who don't who still have better PBs than the tranny though)
>>
>>383452661

I'm with you on this. And I'm totally ready to accept that I'm a minority.

But that Tetris run, there was no reason for anyone to be there but three of them. It was packed and hosted by transgender people for no reason I can discern.
>>
>>383452867
Long story short, the BotW community agreed to not submit a run for SGDQ because the run wasn't optimized yet, but one person went behind their backs and submitted right before the cut off AND they didn't announce it until a few hours before the run so the community was livid.
>>
Wait, what the fuck happened with the runner for BOTW?
>>
>>383452918
they do that to compensate for not being an actual woman.
>>
>>383453234
I just looked - Proto has never even submitted a TGM run
>>
Is the thread autosageing again?
>>
>>383451164

>speedrunners are autistic
>trannies are autistic

who knew
>>
>>383453512
So they were there... why?
>>
>>383453396

OK? But no other transgender person I saw was wearing that little.

I'm honestly surprised wearing that little is allowed by Twitch's rules. I mean, if she had spread her legs at all it would have been a show. Like, the whole run she was clenchin. It was fucking disturbing.
>>
>>383453602
to be fair, one of the other trannies did. She's 4th.
>>
Trannies should be gassed
>>
>>383450067

It's very simple.
>Speedruning is autistic
>There's a correlation between autism and transgenderism
>Autists act autistic on stream for attention, autistically banning twitch emotes and sperging out as such
>Trans-autists are doing it for attention mainly, which is why you don't see them caring about "passing." - they want the victim benefit, without the negatives of feeling like you're in the wrong body

I also bet my entire retirement fund that most of these disproportionate number of trannies, are buffed by homosexual autists that think dressing like a girl makes it more comfortable for them to suck dick.

Autism awareness day should also be tranny-tard day.

People with actual dysphoria need not apply.
>>
>>383452867
>speed BotW community decides the game isn't ready for RTA at SGDQ 2017; not enough speed tech discovered to put on a good show, not optimized enough, rules not ironed out enough, etc.
>all agree to not submit applications to run it until AGDQ 2018
>on the last day possible, some rando submits an application to run it and gets accepted as a donation incentive run
>people donate $100,000 for it expecting a good show
>the runner's identity is kept secret from the bid tracker and schedule until the donation incentive is met, as usual with "SETUP BLOCK x"
>revealed a few hours prior that it's some rando, 9th on the any% leaderboard but not anything special
>ends up being a mediocre and disappointing run
The speed BotW community fucked up with their agreement though, to be honest. It should be clear by now with BubblesDelFuego and how much some autists in the speed Souls community hate him: if someone submits a game, and literally no one else does, they're probably going to get accepted.
>>
File: DETFCKYVYAA_3Ll[1].jpg (56KB, 1200x512px) Image search: [Google]
DETFCKYVYAA_3Ll[1].jpg
56KB, 1200x512px
>>383453215
>>383453228
wew lad
>>
>>383453623

anyone have a fullbody of that dress? I looked like a romper as s/he sat.
>>
>>383453773
At least Bubbles didn't submit last minute - the Dark Souls autists have no one to blame but themselves. The tranny knew damn well what he was doing.
>>
>>383453234
Think of it this way, black and white children tended to stay together when schools became integrated. There was no hostility, but there was preference, familiarity, and comfort in people that were, for all intents and purposes, the same as them.

I think that's what sort of happened here. It's common knowledge that there are trans speed runners like Narcissa and others flocked to them for preference, familiarity, and comfort. It's totally understandable and has no effect on the event. They just happened to have bad runs.
>>
>>383453915
This, if Orca had at least made it known that the submission was going to happen other people would have been able to submit and it wouldn't have been so bad, but instead we got some fucking literal who in a revealing dress running something that they weren't good at.
>>
>>383453721

OK, I'm with you, but most of my life, I felt like there's always some percentage of humans born whose gender is "decided" by a doctor due to issues with formation. And maybe they pick wrong. Ok, fine, that's not even really transgender to me, it's correcting a mistake, or defect, or whatever.

I'm worried that being trans is becoming a "fad" of sorts, like piercing, goth, etc. some kinda counter culture. But I can't actually say this is happening. And I'm not being judgy or something. I'm assuming only a few of these people actually go under the knife? And it's just a phase for some?
>>
>>383453954
>bad runs
>no effect on the event
>BotW tranny goes against the wishes of the community, effectively cutting a better BotW from AGDQ
>no effect on the event

>>383454062
>But I can't actually say this is happening.
It is. They're called trans-trenders.

Usually they don't put any effort into an actual transition. Some may claim that trans people don't NEED to experience dysphoria (despite that being the exact requirement).
>>
File: 1499219858718.jpg (21KB, 639x508px) Image search: [Google]
1499219858718.jpg
21KB, 639x508px
>>383454062

>I'm worried that being trans is becoming a "fad"

It most definitely has. It has never been as widespread as it is now.

>And it's just a phase for some?

Ohohoho - Yes, it very much is for some. Go search up de-transitioning videos, and interviews with old trannies.
>>
>>383451604
they are all bad. in the cases where we could watch them pre and post transition, they all got worse (see Cosmo)
>>
>>383454365
>interviews with old trannies.
how do you interview a tomb stone

also auto sage
>>
The issue isn't with transgendered people, honestly. It's an issue of opinion and discourse. It's impossible to expect people who believe transgendered people to be mentally ill abominations to ever be happy seeing them represented at an event like AGDQ; it's equally impossible to expect SJWs, transgendered or otherwise, to ease off on, "Everything that personally offends my delicate sensibility is bigotry."
There's no room for a healthy discourse when it's just these extremes of opinion yelling at each other, neither really listening to the other. Everything's interpreted as either bigotry or hyper-PC censoring. Both sides give themselves a bad name and it just gets worse and worse with the black-and-white thinking.

Protomagicalgirl did some stupid things, but they didn't have to do with her being transgendered. They had to do with him/her as a person; being hypersensitive, attention-seeking, etc. If I saw a natural-born girl with dyed hair, short skirt, etc. doing and saying the things Proto was doing and saying, I'd think the same thing.

GDQ isn't a "platform" for trans people, they just try to be accepting of them when so many other people are hostile to them. For professional and personal reasons. The speedrunning community has always had its fair share of autists and losers, so of course they're accepting. But GDQ is also a business, and do you know how fucking bad it'd look if they stood there and did nothing while hundreds of people spam vomiting emotes whenever a trans person is on screen?

like, i don't personally agree with the idea of people transitioning, etc. but you need to think about this stuff practically and without bias
>>
>>383454458

Yes, I know that "old trannies" are basically unicorns, but they're out there, and they are filled with regret.
>>
>>383454365

OK, well, I'm glad I'm not crazy. But how can we get back to GDQ drama being about what fucking version of the cart you used rather than global gender issues?! Jesus Christ, I just want to give doctors the money they need to buy borders while watching SKILLED PLAYERS.
>>
>>383454591

Those poor Doctors though.
Ya' think they'd ve happy if Trump built the wall?
>>
>>383453215

Fascinating.

>>383453228
>>
File: sgdq.jpg (7KB, 148x154px) Image search: [Google]
sgdq.jpg
7KB, 148x154px
>>383454472
my fellow thinker
>>
>>383452258
numerous trans people were invited to do various runs in which they universally did very poorly. In fact the Tetris segment in which tranny's were involved did so badly it ran 3 hours late thus fucking up a lot of the later schedule.

The BoTW incentive run was ran by another tranny who died constantly throughout the entire run, and not in an intentional "this saves time" way either. They were legitimately bad at the game but were somehow selected for the run over everyone else who applied.
>>
>>383453954

I want to back this up. Lots of people had bad runs. Darbian on the Mario relay race was particularly awful. The guy who holds so many records and is probably the best mario player ever and he died like 8 times and lost powerups twice as often.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.