[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this shit so universally accepted? It's the least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0664.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0664.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
Why is this shit so universally accepted? It's the least fun I've ever had in WoW.

>more green endgame
>preschool tier talents
>only have one weapo
>long tedious bullshit to unlock flying
>>
File: ghost of garrosh.png (673KB, 994x545px) Image search: [Google]
ghost of garrosh.png
673KB, 994x545px
>>383444696
to be fair WoD was worse
>>
>>383445084
WoD allowed you to have multiple alts.
WoD was somewhat similar to MoP which was a great expansion.

WoD only lacked content, because blizz opted to neglect it...

WoD had everything to be great.

FUCK legion.
>>
>>383445084

It had more interesting zones though.
>>
>>383445084
Pretty much this, its the MOP effect.

The previous expansion was so bad that this expansion, despite still being garbage, is considered good by proxy.
>>
>>383445194
I don't understand why the nethershard gear tokens aren't account bound like the Timeless Isle ones were.
I wish it was like the good old days where you could slowly gear up your alts by grinding out that shit on one character.
>>
>>383445357
All my alts were pvp geared during WoD.
it worked well since the way pvp gear was on WoD was ideal.

I could world pvp in all of them.

Actually, WoD was probably the best expansion for world pvp alongside mop.
>>
>>383445569
Well fuck, now I miss honor points too.
This whole CoD prestige system and PvP gear being tied behind rng is beyond retarded, definitely one of the worst design choices in Legion.
>>
>>383445740
All gear currently is tied to RNG.

The entire game is fucked in Legion, there are no clear paths of progression what so ever.
>>
>>383445194
>WoD only lacked content

Which is why you had time for multiple alts
>>
>>383445194
>WoD allowed you to have multiple alts.

Oh, I see what the problem is. You're a casual. MMOs aren't for you.
>>
>>383445740
The honor system + The pvp gear scaling was great during WoD.

That expansion got so many things right, sadly it lacked content...

Fucking BRF was the best raid i ever played .
>>
>>383445194
Legion allows you to have alts too.

The problem the power creep of each expansion is so insanely out of proportion that making an alt is redundant.

Also what the fuck is the point of making alts anyway, every class plays the exact same 3 ways.
>>
>>383445937
>Casual

Fyi, i was on a top50 raiding guild.

Doesn't mean i didn't enjoy fucking around outside my raiding days on alts.
>>
>>383445208
Funny, what you call a MOP effect I call it BC effect
>>
>>383446129
>top 50 raiding guild
isn't there a bunch of poopsocks you should be washing?
>>
>>383444696
>universally accepted
>pop is half of what it was at the end wod
>>
>>383445980
WoD is the definition of wasted potential.
A lot of the cut content actually sounds like it would've been great. Actual capital cities instead of gay little campsites at Ashran, Tanaan Jungle available at launch along with other cut zones like Farahlon and the Ogre Island, the fungal whale, and being able to build your garrison wherever you wanted and actually being able to customize it like proper player housing.
It could've been the best expansion, but maybe Blizz was pouring all of their resources into Overwatch at the time because all we ended up getting was a half-finished product lazily padded with facebook minigames and repetitive grinding.
>>
>>383444696
I had one hour of fun in a heroic version of that greek god dungeon, cool boss mechanics when you actually have to worry about them.

Had a few hours of fun in the Emerald Nightmare when it released.

Everything else was very boring but exactly what the other expansions offered.

It's not the MMO, it's that you've outgrown the game genre.
>>
>>383446249
Holyshit, got any source on that?

It sure felt empty before i quit a few months ago. also lots of my friends ended up quitting as well.
>>
>>383445194
>WoD was somewhat similar to MoP which was a great expansion.
how. wod was a step down in almost every way except presentation. You are uninronically saying WoD is better than legion? Cmon anon, there's trying to argue your opinion and then there's just being a contrarian.
>>
>>383446381
I still loved wod, mainly because draenor and orcs are my favorite part of the story.

What we had was pretty good too, specially the raids, all 3 were fun.

Everyone shit talked ashran but i enjoyed it.
It was fun getting that artifact and wiping an entire raid with a bladestorm.
>>
>>383446408
>Odin
>greek
>>
File: players.png (23KB, 1198x431px) Image search: [Google]
players.png
23KB, 1198x431px
>>383446450
Armory scraping turned up 1.9m active accounts combined between US and EU a few months back.
That only counts players who had activity on their activity feed within 30 days of the scrape, and the achievements it was searching for are account wide so it's not picking up multiple characters on the same account.
>>
>>383445194
>WoD was somewhat similar to MoP which was a great expansion.
eat shit nigger.
WoD wasnt even a quarter of what MoP was.
Fuck off.
>>
Wow is a weird mix of boring and fun. I like the combat and customization.
>>
>>383446662
I managed to play through WoD.
Legion made me quit.

Yes, WoD was better than legion and by a whole lot.

The only thing legion did right was the new Melee animations and the Transmog system.
>>
>>383446669
Honestly I agree that WoD wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be, though there is no arguing that Blizzard could've done much more.
An entire content patch dedicated to Twitter integration in the middle of it all was also a really horrible idea from a PR standpoint.
>>
>>383446129
>Fyi, i was on a top50 raiding guild.

Anons, it looks like we've got a celebrity over here!
>>
>>383445208
How was mop garbage? Outisde of a bunch of opinions, what are some objective reasons for why you say mop is garbage that weren't already implemented in BC/WoTLk?
>>
Content wise this expansion is amazing, its just the RNG loot bullshit and the extreme grinds required for proper endgame play that killed my.

Too much repetition.
Its a shame too.
>>
File: 1492402205113.png (105KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1492402205113.png
105KB, 1024x749px
OBIN :DDD
>>
>>383446229
But the Burning Crusade was a burning pile of dog shit
>>
>>383446990
only good part of Stormheim desu
I hated Lorewalker Chodyn
>>
>>383446840
I agree with all this.
I'm still extremely mad with the neglect they did to that expansion.

I still managed to have fun though and i have fond memories of the good times i had.
>>
>>383446912
>Shit tier zones
>Shit tier 5mans
>Shit artistic direction
>Introduced the garbage mandatory legendary that you had to grind autismally for if you wanted to be able to do anything other than LFR
>Also retarded rep grinds, which combined with the above made alts a complete waste of time
>Gutted the talent system even further

The only things MoP had going for it was two good raids.
>>
>>383447217
>>Shit tier zones
>>Shit tier 5mans
>>Shit artistic direction
bunch of opinions.
>>383447217
>>Introduced the garbage mandatory legendary that you had to grind autismally for if you wanted to be able to do anything other than LFR
>>Also retarded rep grinds, which combined with the above made alts a complete waste of time
This is pretty fair and I agree.
>>383447217
>>Gutted the talent system even further
This is outright wrong, wod and legion did this.
>>
>>383446912
different anon, but the two worst things about mists for me not counting shitting all over the horde were
>insane gating to stretch out content. dalies locked behind dalies locked behind dalies
unfortunately blizz took the wrong message with Warlords and killed dalies entirely
>huge content drought for the second half of the expansion
wasn't as bad as WoD, but it was still bad
>>
Is it true that even if you play on a vanilla private server it's still impossible to get in 40-man raid guilds because they all want proof that you've already done the content?

Is there any way to do 40-man raids anymore? It's the only thing I've ever given a shit about in WoW.
>>
File: newethereal.jpg (796KB, 3565x1144px) Image search: [Google]
newethereal.jpg
796KB, 3565x1144px
>>383446918
>Content wise this expansion is amazing
I would've agreed before Boring Shore was released. Holy shit, what a huge let down.
I'm cautiously optimistic about Argus since they definitely seem to be putting their art team into overdrive with all the new models and environments, but I have a bad feeling they will fuck it all up in the end.
>>
>>383447362
Actually filling a full 40 man raid is so hard you'll be able to get in with nothing more than proof you have a pulse and ability to use a voice client.
WoD killed a huge amount of guilds because they couldn't field 20 people for Mythic content, Vanilla raids were twice that.
>>
>>383447217
>Shit tier zones
My nigga, Timeless isle alone was already better than all zones in legion combined.
>Shit tier 5mans
The klaxi shit sucked ass, the rest was good
>Shit tier art
Your opinion
>Mandatory leggo
Yeah i agree it kinda sucked, but having it made you feel like a wrecking machine in world pvp
>Talent system
Talent tree always had the cookie cutter builds, so w/e for me.
>>
>>383447362
Maybe for Naxx or some shit, but for MC only like ten out of the fourty people there even need to know the mechanics for the group to succeed.
>>
>>383447617
>>383447512

Yeah this is the rational response, but do either of you actually play on Vanilla servers? I don't trust people to be rational.
>>
>>383447217
Isle of Thunder and its associated raid plus Timeless Isle (on a PvP server) was so good by themselves that if MoP isn't atleast in your top 4, you just have shit taste or didn't actually play the expansion. SoO is also a really good raid, brought down by the content draught. Heart of Fear and that Mogu shit can suck a fat one though.
MoP was also the final bastion for PvP content that has been neglected ever since.
>>
>>383447617
Nigger you're talking about guilds that require 40 people multiple times a week, they need at least 10 people on the bench just to cover people who don't show up for reasons. Getting into those guilds isn't hard, the hard part is convincing them to give you gear because unlike now where a Mythic boss drops 6 pieces of gear for 20 people, Vanilla raids only dropped 3 pieces per boss for 40 people.
>>
>>383446758
Holy shit. I'll buy that metric over that addon that was being considered gospel when it first launched.

Next expansion looks to be shit as well. Blizzard is out troping themselves.
>>
>>383444696
A couple of reasons

- It's WoW
- People are too deep to quit (Delusions)
- Shilled as the best MMO in existence
- 12 yr old kids can play it for free in private servers, increasing it's popularity
- Since it's their first MMO it will be forever remembered by them with high standards giving the current shit a free pass and shill it for free.
>>
>>383447943
>Vanilla raids only dropped 3 pieces per boss for 40 people.
10 bosses for molten core at 3 peices of gear each is 30 items. Also trash mobs can drop epics too.
ZG also has 10 bosses (though people usually only do 9) The bosses dont drop as much loot directly but there were a few quests to get loot as well as rep rewards.

To be fair though tier 1 epics are often not as good as the absolute best blues you could farm as many times a day you wanted for from the pre raid dungeons. this becomes especially true with the added "catch up"dungeon Diremaul.

It's not too bad when you have an actual regular raid group because as everyone starts filling up their gear less people need gear so you have a greater chance. it can be a bit of a pain if you are always pugging it but you still are usualy only rolling against 4-5 give or take depending on your class.
It's not that bad.
>>
File: just kill me now.png (319KB, 634x358px) Image search: [Google]
just kill me now.png
319KB, 634x358px
>next expansion is a pandaria sized kul'tiras since people were upset with their "drifted further out to sea" joke
>sylvanas orders the horde player to paint kul'tiras red
>Sylvanas supports Magatha which results in another takeover of thunder bluff
>this leads to baine, a few others, and the horde player leaving the horde (framed as Anduin still taking peace where he can find it)
>become unfriendly with all alliance factions
>killing horde race npc's lowers all old horde reps and slowly raises alliance
>first raid tier is Azshara in a naga stronghold on kul'tiras
>second tier is taking thunder bluff
>final tier is undercity
>killing sylvanas grants the title, ________, Dismantler of the Horde
>>
File: 1498054778811.png (476KB, 1017x597px) Image search: [Google]
1498054778811.png
476KB, 1017x597px
>>383445194
>garrisons

FUCK YOU NIGGER
>>
>>383447490
Im not even talking about the quality, that ranges from high tier to meh tier.
I just mean the amount of it.
From the looks of it there will be three whole raid tiers+stuff like Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor. We might even get another ToV type of thing at some point.

There's dungeons getting released past launch again and there's actual stuff getting added like the class hall mount quests or the magetower for the weapon skins.

Its nice that they actually release shit again. Just a shame about that garbage legendary system.
AP ruined stuff for me too even though AP has become a nonissue at this point.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.