[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can anyone try to cogently explain why the interracial lesbian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
can anyone try to cogently explain why the interracial lesbian thing was 'forced'?

any why bill being gay wasn't?

i'll wait.
>>
It's hard to have things like "X character is gay" in videogames, especially linear ones. Since we figure that the default for everybody is heterosexuality unless expressed otherwise - a game has to take time out to mention that a character happens to be gay.

We still see that as a very different thing to be. Plenty of things in vidya aren't quite as earth-shattering or seen as 'out of place' when explained/pointed out. Such as

>War survivor with PTSD
>Person with a son/daughter complex
>Person with obvious issues caused by abusive parents
>Person with mental disabilities (sometimes used for their ridiculous strength. See: Max Haas in Wolfenstein)
And many others. Being butt-fucking-crazy is currently more acceptable and seen more in modern media than being gay.

I suppose people see Left Behind's thing as 'forced' because it was front 'n' centre, whereas Bill being gay came from putting pieces together from a couple of clues.

>Bill mentions having a partner, we assume he means a buddy/friend, not a 'partner' in the relationship sense. Deliberate double-entendre on the writers' part.
>Bill is strangely abusive to his partner both before and after finding that he's dead. The same kind of ribbing people who are in relationships tend to do to eachother
>Ellie finding the magazine which at first comes across as a nude mag, but Ellie then points out all the fat cocks in there.

Putting all that together concludes that Bill is gay instead of seeing a flashback or photo of him and his partner kissing eachother. Though tbqh Ellie kissing whats-her-face was clearly because of dumb teenage hormones anyway.
>>
>>383435060
Sound response. I respect it.
>>
File: 1397446890979.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1397446890979.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>383436205
Who the FUCK is this queermo?
>>
>>383434318
Because 4chan hates anyone different than them.
>>
>>383436556
>fags
>different than us
Not a chance, buster
>>
>>383435060
>I suppose people see Left Behind's thing as 'forced' because it was front 'n' centre
That's all well and good but that's not what forced means, and like you said, it's actually nothing weird to begin with.

So the real answer is because people get triggered hard and they're looking for words to justify it.
>>
Wasn't Bill almost optional? At least, it was a little understated. At first, he almost cries in a cutscene or something and it's vague enough to have lost a friend, maybe the only person Bill had in the entire apocalypse besides a murderous Joel and his murderous friend with benefits who's also now dead thanks to this immune lesbian.

Like, Bill almost breaks down, and you think "Oh this dude's not just a simple dude, very fine story thank you" and then later you see a hanging body with a note nearby:

"Dear Bill,

You are the biggest faggot i've ever met.

Signed, a dead faggot"
>>
>>383436723
That's pretty much it, yeah. It's why I pointed out that some things that are potentially more dangerous/harmful/harder to deal with as a friend/bystander when somebody is carrying those problems.

Being gay isn't nearly as much of a drag on your friends as being crazy/clinically depressed would be, but we don't consider it 'normal enough' yet for it not to get some backlash if it comes up.
>>
>>383434318
I don't know, it's all gay shit to me.
>>
>>383434318
underage
>>
>>383434318
"Forced" just means
>it was in the game and I can't ignore it so it triggers me

In the case of Bioware or Gearbox games the writing is just shit in general, it has nothing to do with gays specifically.
>>
Because everyone wanted to fuck ellie and apparently the fact that she's lesbian is an additionally painful barrier to doing that to a fictional teenager.

Gamers are pathetic.
>>
>>383440326
I wanted to fuck Ellie since Winter and upon further replays. When I found out she was into the vag, my dick swelled even more because I like lesbians and I can let go even within a tongue in cheek level of context.
>>
>>383435060
>Being gay isn't acceptable in modern media
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>383434318
Any homosexuality in anything is forced
Since heterosexuality is the norm, and always has been. Writers actively have to go out of their way to go "Yeah these people should be gay, they are going to be gay, we have to write them as gay"
Nothing wrong with that really, it's stilled forced though
Being straight is a given, but being gay is something that is like saying "yeah this character is going to have a scar"
>>
File: n-nani.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
n-nani.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>383435060
>>383436723
>/v/ being rational human beings and not /pol/tards
>>
>>383434318
The only reason 4chan has a problem with it is because neither girl is cute.
>>
>>383440676
>Being gay isn't acceptable in modern media
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>383440851
>when someones ideology conforms to mine then they are being rational
>if they don't then they are evil /pol/tards reeeeee go back to /pol/
>>
>>383435060
>Being butt-fucking-crazy is currently more acceptable and seen more in modern media than being gay
That's not really a surprise since it can be used for interesting/dramatic interactions and stories more than "I dig my own gender".
>>
>>383434318
>lesbian
>forced
Women are naturally bi
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>383440854

>ellie
>not adorable

kill yourself.
>>
>>383434318
I personally just think most romances in vidya are fucking garbage and terribly written and ought to be avoided, homo or otherwise. It's shit writing when a game puts in lovey dovey perfect fairytale romance bullshit in a game in the same way it's shit writing when a character who isn't prompted just tells you "oh btw I used to have a penis" in a conversation. To be fair though, that's mostly shit bioware writing.
>>
>>383442210

>single, inquisitive kiss
>lovey dovey perfect fairytale romance bullshit
>>
>>383434318
Can't wait to fap on TLoU2

>fuck white males and patriarch rules
>proceed to make out with a bunch of other girls

Political statement like the devs want
>>
>>383440851
My thoughts exactly. I'm impressed and shocked.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.