[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who here back in the day had a very weak computer that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Tes4Mod-Oldblivion_09.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tes4Mod-Oldblivion_09.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
So who here back in the day had a very weak computer that you ran the mod Oldblivion just to play it? Who here even remember Oldblivion?
>>
I did and I remember how janky it did and how rarely it actually worked for me.
>>
File: 245525.jpg (5KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
245525.jpg
5KB, 206x245px
>modded Oblivion to my heart's content when I was 14
>11 years later, I can't seem to figure it out

I blame steam
>>
I'm trying to replay modded oblivion on my super computer and it's still an unstable mess
>>
>>383431142
There's a guide floating around on the internet somewhere, as well as a few YT videos with very specific install instructions for Steam. It is a huge fucking hassle though, and the fact that you have to install 4 different programs/mod managers in the right sequence just to get a single mod working is bullshit
>>
>>383429907
Hellz yeah my nigga. Oldblivion was the shit god damn
I still had to take the side of my tower off and put a fan next to it though to stop it overheating and bsoding on me

Good times
>>
File: 1476676997353.jpg (48KB, 550x550px)
1476676997353.jpg
48KB, 550x550px
>>383431685
>tfw I built my PC two years ago with the sole intention of playing modded oblivion
>tried and failed four separate times to get everything working smoothly
>ended up playing it vanilla for maybe 20 hours, then dropped it completely
>>
File: 20170710004206_1.jpg (396KB, 2560x1440px)
20170710004206_1.jpg
396KB, 2560x1440px
Modded Oblivion is pretty much gaming kino.
>>
>>383429907
That somehow looks better than Oblivion running full pelt vanilla
>>
>>383433760
Help me mod it pls
>>
>>383434152
There are really only 3 visual mods in that pic. Oblivion Reloaded, Oblivion Character Overhaul v.2 and Qarl's texture pack. First make sure you have OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) and Blockheed, because a couple of the mods need them to work. Then use Nexus Mod Manager to install OCO2, and after that you can manually drop the files for OR and the texture packs in your game's data folder. Other than that there's the DarNified UI mod that needs Wyre Bash. Just google how to install it or find it all on Nexus. You might have to use archive invalidation to make sure all the files get used, and you can use Oblivion Mod Manager for that so install that too.
>>
>>383429907
>Want to replay Oblivion after sinking probably 2000 hours into 360 version and another 1000 into PC with mods.
I've done everything. I want to relive the experience but fuck man I've done fucking everything. I usually get out of the sewers and I'm just like meh fuck I've done it.
>>
>>383435718
All the DLCs? Shivering Isles and KotN are pretty sweet.
>>
>>383429907
Never had a weak computer.
Every game silky smooth.
>>
I remember having to play Morrowind by looking at the floor when I was walking around outside because my fps tanked something fierce if I looked up.

I read a whole lot of books.
>>
I don't think oldblivion did too well on my 240
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.