[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we have any legit fighting game players on /v/? And I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: arcade.jpg (2MB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
arcade.jpg
2MB, 2736x1824px
Do we have any legit fighting game players on /v/? And I don't mean masher scrubs, fgg sniffposters, or kappaposters. I mean legit tournament goers that place well or people with actual talent.

smash doesn't count
>>
>>383428495
I usually compete in local majors in anime games, and usually top-8 and even won a few.
>>
File: tumblr_mpt5l86iOJ1rovphko1_400.jpg (81KB, 307x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpt5l86iOJ1rovphko1_400.jpg
81KB, 307x600px
I think they hangout in /fgg/
>>
>tourney cucks
>>
I browse sometimes, and yes i use to make money in video game tournaments before my health got to bad to travel anymore. Plus the community really takes the fun out of it when you get to that level. And back when I use to play at least, tournaments were not 100% fair at all. Last tourney I went to I beat all those guys marn, combofiend etc. I think I won that tourny that I recall with out losing a single round, still had my garbage bag in my pocket for when I was getting sick randomly from all my health radiation etc.

I still do combo videos on youtube when im bored though
>>
>>383428853
>not wanting to get some easy cash at locals
>>
>>383428495
im the best sf2 turbo player in us
>>
>>383428853
>online-only fag
low test salad-dodging pussy detected.
>>
File: comeon.png (772KB, 957x535px) Image search: [Google]
comeon.png
772KB, 957x535px
>>383429292
you're telling me you're damdai?
>>
>>383428495
>tfw you'll never find an astro city for sale anywhere near the east coast
>>
>>383430338
blast or egret 2 >>>> astro

just have it shipped from cali
>>
>>383430442
blast cities are ugly and egret 2s are super expensive since the shmup community eats them up over the easily rotated monitor

>just have it shipped from cali
nigga that's expensive
>>
HERRO PREESE. DISU ISU DAIGO SAMA.

PREESE BE EXCITED.
>>
File: 1497924136132.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497924136132.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
I go to guilty gear and blazblue tournaments in my area. I win all the guilty gear ones but i suck at blazblue. They are small tourneys though usually between 10-20 for each game. Gonna start travelling and i'm gonna try to go to CEOtaku this year.
>>
>>383430608
>egret 2s are super expensive since the shmup community eats them up over the easily rotated monitor

not any more expensive than an astro

>>383430735
gl
>>
>>383431567
I always see them going for a lot more than astros. They're like the premier STG cabs, everyone wants one.
It lets you switch between verts and horis without a three man team
>>
>>383428729
/fgg/ is all sniffposting, dodging matches, and worshiping capcock
>>
>>383428495
I'm ok, I've always wanted to enter EVO but it keeps slipping past me, at anime expo this year they had a ST cab and I beat a tiny Asian women that said she used to play pro
>>
>>383432185
>at anime expo this year they had a ST cab and I beat a tiny Asian women that said she used to play pro

greentext?

>>383431661
why not get a blast or net city then? aesthetics?
>>
>>383432739
>aesthetics?
Mostly, yeah. Net cities are ugly and I can deal with blasts, but I'd rather have the shorter design of an astro
>>
>>383428495
>$5 ikea stools
>>
>>383429794
No, he's DSP
>>
>>383428495
well, i need to cry a little, what model is the Middle cab, and how much millions it costs?
>>
>>383432938
It's just a Sega Blast City. They're no more expensive than any other basic candy cab
>>
>>383428989
>tfw made $100 total from Marvel at my short lived local scene

Good times, but it sucks it died off after only a year.
>>
>>383432739
That's basically the whole story, also I was dressed as the driver because I'm an autistic fuck
>>
>>383430735
i would play gg a lot more if ti wasn't for sin and johnny.
>>
>>383428495
No, we all Cryin' Bryans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcyxFNuQlwo

Except Cryin Bryan is actually better than anyone who posts on /v/
>>
>>383433452
both are very strong but at least they follow the rules of the game. chipp on the other hand is ridiculous and the gamma blade buff makes me cry.
>>
>>383433679
believe it or not i never had any problems against chip, which doesn't mean i wine very time but i find him to be less of an annoyance than those 2. I stopped playing the game because of how many of those 2 characters everyone plays online and how insufferable the matches against them are. If i'm not playing axl against them im pretty much done. People vary so little online that it took me months to get that "play against 20 different characters" trophy. the game is fun but those two characters pretty much killed any enjoyment i had in the game. I ain't even gonna touch BB or the new dragonball game because i don't trust arcsys with balancing anymore.
>>
>>383434037
are you playing on PSN? i can see those matchups being a pain in the ass in lag. on PC there's a lot less so it's manageable when I play
>>
Proud buttonmasher here. I've beat people way better than me a few times.
>>
>>383434220
yes, im using psn, i dont have much alg though so the matchups against most characters is normal, i just really fucking hate sin and johnny, theya e not fun to play against at all and they make more than half of the playerbase on psn.
>>
>>383434504
I hated those characters too at first but i learned to play as them to better understand their gameplan. it helped me a lot in learning the matchup. Also I think sin got way easier to fight in rev 2 since now he doesn't get to do safejump oki off every stray hit. it's actually pretty tough for him to get a good knockdown where he isn't forced to eat.
>>
File: Capture26.png (125KB, 271x219px) Image search: [Google]
Capture26.png
125KB, 271x219px
>>383432145
But didn't they have some reps in EVO? I mean sure they drowned in the pools but that's better than /v/ I guess.
>>
>>383434845
still though he pretty much dictates the match and if i remember correctly he can even cancel his leap into other moves now, he got nerffed into oblivion but even that made him actually bad so every match is a pain in the ass.

ill probably play more when the new characters arrive but ill drop it just like i did with sf5
>>
>>383435419
yes fgg has some actual good tripfag players like igloo, hildr, and ghodere but they mostly play older games
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.