[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder the OG xbox and the 360 could have been the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: microsfotsonc.jpg (61KB, 550x218px) Image search: [Google]
microsfotsonc.jpg
61KB, 550x218px
Reminder the OG xbox and the 360 could have been the greatest consoles of all time if the japanese actually gave it a chance.
>>
They already are if you're not a blind weeb.
>>
>>383427146
OG Xbox was already one of them
X360 was better than PS3 anyway
>>
At least the few Jap games they got were damn near masterpieces... NGB and 2, Lost Odyssey, Vesperia(in the west)... Playstation gets some good ones but they also get fucking shovelware like Neptunia
>>
Xbox 360 has a better controller than PS3 and that's it
>>
Literally all they did was fellate their home-grown consoles because Baka Gaijin can't make anything in spite of the PS3 having literally nothing worth playing.
>Literally every developer who worked on any game admitted the ps3 port was an afterthought
>>
>>383427146
100% right
>>
>>383427146
>it could have been great
>if it hadn't been shit

Anyway OP, as i heard it, Microsoft were aparrently incredibly arrogant when it came to sitting round the table with the Japanese, and that they essentialy did not feel they could work with MS.
>>
>>383428610
>i don't play games with d-pad requirement
>inb4 name some games that use the d-pad

That usual follow up statement tells me everythig i need to k ow about the kinds of games on xbox
>>
>>383429278
The main control method was the analog sticks and Sony didn't have the good sense to make it concave so your thumb is always sliding around on it
>>
>>383429997
>your thumb is always sliding around on it

Look, i could say "that doesn't happen though" till im blue in the face and i won't convince you. I think controllers might just be something that we could all ultimatly just get used to with enough time, but its almost more tribal than the platform itself. I still don't like the 360 d-pad, but i bet there is some wizz kid out there who plays SFIV perfectly with it just to show me up.
>>
>>383430717
Fuck you, the original Xbox controller felt wonderful in my hands and I am genuinely disappointed I can't find a usb one to game on PC with.
>>
>>383430717
It's not about preference really. From a design standpoint if your finger is meant to rest on something it's better to be concave than convex. And ye I will concede that the d pad is far worse but most every major game focused on the analog stick. There's a reason PS4 abandoned the PS3 sticks
>>
>>383427146
there was no need to, Sony and Nintendo had bigger gaming markets and they're Japanese.
>>
>>383431152
You mean the Duke? it's being re released & works on PC
>>
>>383431152
I loved it too...
>>
>>383427146
xbox has been the best console until the xbox one. but 2 generations of BC is whats redeeming the xbox one, as well as the X. ill be picking one up
>>
>>383427246
I sincerely see no reason for getting the Xbox when I have a PC. Even as a PC gamer, sometimes I got had the itch to get a PSP, or a DS, or a home console. Never, however, have I thought that I am missing out if I don't get a Xbox.
>>
>>383427246
Funny thing the 360 had the best japanese library from last gen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.