[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone playing Botw hardcore on second play through. I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

Anyone playing Botw hardcore on second play through.

I just started it and I'm wondering if I should even bother. I just beat botw two and a half months ago. Is it really going to fun doing it all again ?
>>
>implying the walking simulator was fun in the first place
>>
>>383424493
It wont be anon. Youll burn out halfway through
>>
File: IMG_9209.jpg (116KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9209.jpg
116KB, 500x703px
>>383424493
I'm doing a casual no-shrine no-tower no-rune-upgrade run on master mode. I've had a relaxing time. Once I beat Ganon I'll go back and get the true master sword and then maybe pop in every now and then to find Koroks if I feel like relaxing.
>>
>>383424493

I like it, but you have to think about combat differently. For a while you'll want to avoid combat because weapons with 3-5 damage are pretty weak compared to all the starting enemies being upgraded by one level. They still drop the same weapons as before. When you do fight enemies, you need to look for alternate ways to attack; throw metal objects at them, light weapons on fire, steal their weapons while they're sleeping, etc. When you fight Bokoblins, they instantly die if they fall in water.

Be careful in the forest behind the Temple of Time because there's a Lynel.
>>
>>383424493
I'm gonna go 100% and probably never touch the game for a very long time.
>>
>>383424493
Sure, I had fun again . Frame rate tanks on the Wii U tho
>>
>>383424493
The problem is that it's not 'harder', it's just more bullshit/ time-consuming like regenerating health and early higher leveled dudes. Their AI remains the same, you can still use the same food spam to keep you de facto invincible, the main four dungeons continue to be a snoozefest in terms of difficulty etc.

I remember saying I was afraid Nintendo would do a half-assed Hard Mode and people here said "no way, they're charging money for it, so it's gonna be a complete reinvention! I wouldn't be surprised if they re-did some dungeons too, like OoT Master Quest!"
>>
>>383425014
>walking in this game
>when you can paraglide
>>
>>383425527
I'm 100% sure there are changes to AI in terms of aggro range. I'm also 100% sure I saw a boss use a move he never used before
>>
>>383425405

What do you mean? The extra enemies make it perform worse on Wii U than normal mode or something?
>>
>>383425807
The flying platforms makes the framerate stutter when they pop up
>>
>>383425760

Aggro range is not a change to the AI, it's just a fov slider adjustment.
>>
>>383425867

Interesting. Wonder if the Switch version also stutters when those show up.
>>
>>383424493

Why would you in the first place. Unless you're going for a "hardcore" run then imao play something else.
>>
>>383426028
i can confirm that

the worst drops of those things are around middle hyrule
>>
>>383424493

Master mode is good for bosses but bad for random grunts. it make me just want to avoid enemies.
>>
For anyone who's going for a 100% completion (master mode or not) are you using a guide for all the koroks or not?
>>
File: DESsYMtV0AEA-wN.jpg (93KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DESsYMtV0AEA-wN.jpg
93KB, 1200x675px
It has gone from walking to one place to the next Simulator --> Welcome to getting absolutely fucked up simulator 2017.
I've had my fun.
>>
The dlc update is only good for people who haven't already completed the game.

Master mode is a bore. The outfits are pointless outside of no life neckbeards trying to get all 900 green leaf feces. And why bother upgrading the master sword if you've already beaten everything
>>
>>383426324
in mastermode dlc there is a costume that make finding those things trivial

suck that its locked behind the dlc but you can always use an online guide to look at the ones you missed
>>
>>383425527
Enemies are way more aggressive and accurate. I'm probably 80% done with hard mode and and I am now better at combat than I was in standard. I haven't upgraded my heart's past what you need for the Ms and I beat one beast to get navalis Gale. The game is more of what you played in standard so if you're tired of it master mode want do anything for you.
>>
>>383426598
>I am now better at combat than I was in stand
So after 400 hours of playing the same game you've become better at it?
That's really interesting man
>>
>>383426472
All games featuring a character walking is a walking simulator then.
>>
I've died to Blue/Black Bokoblins more times than fighting a silver lynel for the first time.
>>
File: 1498343976675.jpg (138KB, 852x613px) Image search: [Google]
1498343976675.jpg
138KB, 852x613px
>>383424493
Here's the best tip I got for you, if you got places mostly by climbing over everything, don't do that.

I know it takes longer but try to find and follow the beaten paths, almost all the best stuff is focused around those areas. This also takes longer but for added fun, try plotting courses through Hyrule to make it from one area to another on horseback. In the early game you'll actually dread going through Hyrule field but I've had some of my best memories of the game doing this so I absolutely recommend it
>>
>>383426850
I'm not even joking. I got gud.
>>
Pretty much.
>>
>>383427037
The combat really isn't all that difficult it's more or less just timing so if you've played any ARPG it's pretty easy especially if you come prepared with a billion full heal food items. That's why my 2nd playthrough I decided I'd only get 1 full heal in boss fights and I could only heal when I'm outside of combat with regular mobs (kind of like old Zelda games where you could usually only carry one or two healing items)
>>
>>383426905
Not to mention a lot of the "story telling" elements occur a long those paths.
>>
>>383427541
Well I hardly heal. I've only cooked one dish to get me to the coat on the plateau. I typically only heal at hot springs or very occasionally use my bed. I only have cashed in like 12 hearts and none of the champion powers except the gale so that keeps the difficulty slightly higher.
>>
File: Capture.png (4MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4MB, 2560x1600px
The fast traveling needs to be gimped. Make it so you can only fast travel from a shrine and to a tower
>>
>tfw you'll never play BotW for the first time ever again
>>
>>383425014
how is this game a walking simulator? you can literally run for 5 seconds at a time
>>
>>383428916
There's a new fast travel method?
>>
>>383425919
It's literally a change to the AI, you sperg.
>>
>>383430810
The game loses its soul ten minutes any. Its not worth feeling again
>>
>>383431373
No, but there should be
>>
>>383424493
Don't play this game. The entire time you're playing it you will just be asking yourself "why aren't I doing this in real life?"

Seriously. Why aren't you hiking a mountain and increasing your OWN stamina while seeing the breath taking views through your OWN eyes?!?!?

You are spending 50+ hours hiking a childish, kid friendly, baby-tier Nintenbabby game mountain instead of expeiricing life yourself.

Seriously. KYS if you are so immature and pathetic that you STILL play video games past the age of 22.
>>
>>383427541
Here's the difference with Master mode though. In vanilla you can theoretically just shit yourself through every encounter as long as you land hits every now and then and don't run out of food. In Master mode you need to output damage consistently. It's should be a way bigger difference than just adjusting the hp/attack.

With that said I just finished the base game today and I'm going to put off my master mode playthrough until the second DLC. I completed the game with just the amount of hearts you need for MS and Urbosa's fury disabled. If you compare it to something like Ninja gaiden, then no, the combat isn't difficult, but if you compare it to every other Zelda and to be honest most open world games in general then I think it's a decent challenge. I find TW3 on death march to be easier than 13 heart BotW.

>>383428916
I get the argument that self imposed challenges shouldn't be needed, but this is literally the easiest one to do. Just don't fast travel except from shrines and towers. Self imposed challenges can often feel convoluted, but this one should be no problem.
>>
>>383432631
Noce b8 m8
>>
>>383432631

Because you can literally die in real life
>>
>>383433167
git gud
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.