[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into fighan. is sf5 a good place to start? how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: sf5-ps4.png (716KB, 631x795px) Image search: [Google]
sf5-ps4.png
716KB, 631x795px
I want to get into fighan. is sf5 a good place to start?

how long will it be before i start being decent and having fun?
>>
>how long will it be before i start being decent and having fun?

Never.
>>
>>383400009
Been more of a MK guy so I can't answer the first part, but from what I heard it's the worst SF so far. But the second part is all on you. At the end of the day you determine how much your skills in really any game grows. If you really want to get good you have to put in the work and effort for it.
>>
>>383400009
Play Skullgirls instead. It is really easy to learn the mechanics, is super fun is on almost every platform, has great animation, fantastic music, and it's only $25. SFV is shit. Don't touch that game with a hundred foot pole OP
>>
If you really want a decent fighting game with a decent community you can't go wrong with either Tekken 7 or GG Xrd Rev 2.
>>
>>383400009
My first fighting game was Injustice. And it took me a year worth of getting bodied by people online and practice to get to a level of skill to have fun with the game. It sucked during the getting bodied and training part but now that I have a chance against most of the online player base it was well worth it.
As for the first question I don't know, I never played SF only watched other people play it. But I heard it's garbage.
>>
>>383400009
Yes, when you start fighting other players. SFV is very noob friendly, that is why it is hated.
>>
>>383400009

Don't listen to this guy
>>383400856 unless youre trying to sit in a discord and beg got games, also if you want to play marvel just play marvel lmaooooo

Tekken 7 or GG is your best bet right now
>>
SFV is only shitty if you've played a fighting game before. It's not very good but if it'll be your first then it'll work.
>>
No, play a good game. SFV only teaches you to play one way and you'll have a hard time getting into other titles with their bigger variety of playstyles and options.
>b-but fundamentals
You can literally learn fundamentals in any fighter.
>>
>>383400009
SFV is the most casual friendly fighting game at the moment, so yeah go for it.
>>
>>383400009
If you have an Xbone or use Win10 you can play Killer Instinct for free, and there's a free 2 play version of DOA5 on every system. If you are just starting out those will teach you the basics of 2D and 3D fighting.
>>
Pokken Tournament is amazing for fighting game beginners, then play Skullgirls and anything else that interests you after. Getting the fundamentals down is key. Each fighting game emphasizes different things but in general things tend to carry over neutral and fundamental-wise.
>>
>>383400009
get tekken 7 if you've played fightan before and don't need a tutorial for the babby shit, everything else can be learnt in practice mode
otherwise you should probably pick up one with a good tutorial, most likely the new GG but idk shit about it
>>
>>383400009
The thing about SFV is you're playing a character more than a game. In Tekken, I can play four or five guys easily and swap between them. In SFV, you have to continuously maintain your character and learning a new one will be rough. Each character has so much nuances that you can't really say you've "learned them" until you've played them for twenty or thirty hours.
>>
File: t3_512akk.jpg (326KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
t3_512akk.jpg
326KB, 1536x2048px
it's not a question of when you'll get good. If you are the type of person that values practicing, analyzing, and researching to excel above others, then you'll have fun and get good eventually. Otherwise, when you don't have any patience and are looking to simply gain some quick satisfactions, then you'll drop SF5 in a few minutes
>>
SFV is the best game to get into fighting games with. Anyone who says anything else is a contrarian and very likely doesn't play fighting games. Notice how I'm not talking about how good or bad it is. It's irrelevant. SFV is the best right now to learn how to play with, to find other players, and to develop opinions on what you like and don't like about the genre. After that, you can form an opinion on other games of the genre.

It gets fun as soon as you have the mental fortitude to carry out your game plan under the pressure of a real match. Your game plan will eventually have many nuances, but at its most basic it will be: Don't jump at your opponent and anti air his jump ins.The next level is: if he has projectile he will use that to pressure you, when jump ins fail. How you deal with the projectile will be very important. Learn to neutral jump them, and learn which of your skills are designed to deal with them.
>>
>>383402575
And one more thing: Even at the most basic level, knowing the most important combos of your character is a given. That isn't a level on its own, just something you must already know. And of course, with that comes executing special moves and special cancels, etc. So if you still need to learn those, you should start with that. And for that, there are many guides on youtube.

You can hit silver ranking by just punishing the unsafe stuff your opponent does with one basic punish combo. Beyond silver, people know to either not do the unsafe stuff, or to do is so irregularly or unpredictably as to get away with it most of the time.
>>
If you are looking for a recently released fightan game to play Tekken 7 is probably a good bet.

SFV is shedding it's active playerbase as more time moves on, and many people who were previously hardcore fans are starting to voice their dislike of the game.

If you don't care about playing a currently relevant fighter, there are many cool games you can emulate or get for cheap. I'd personally shill for UMVC3, MVC2, playing emulation of 3s, MVC1, XMvSF, SF Alpha 2&3, and KOF98.
>>
>>383403326
>he says for the fifth time this week as the opposite proves to be true
>>
>>383400009
SFV is shit, it's easy to get into but that's only because it's shallow and stupid.

Tekken 7 is great at all levels of skill, GG:XRD2 if you are more into anime games. King of Fighters if you're mexican
>>
>>383400009
just start with the new DBfighterZ game
>>
>>383400009
>is SFV a good game to start

Nope.

Try Injustice 2 instead.
>>
sf5 fucking suuuuuuuuuuuucks
>>
>>383401269
This.

If you know nothing about fighting games, then you'll probably take SFV quite well. Of course, you'll probably wind up hating real fighting game and never be able to play a single one in your entire life but whatever. Cancer is as cancer does.
>>
>>383403851
>Recommending Injustass to anyone

Anon, there's SFV and then there's NetherRealmShit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.