[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ recommend in arcade fight sticks? I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: fightstick.jpg (175KB, 1443x1500px) Image search: [Google]
fightstick.jpg
175KB, 1443x1500px
What does /v/ recommend in arcade fight sticks? I'm looking for the best that $100 can get me and I don't know what brands to stay away from. I'm gonna be playing stuff like golden axe, streets of rage and some street fighter II.
>>
>>383399930
Bump, I wanna know too
>>
>>383399930

You could play all those games on a pad.

But if you want a stick Hori are generally quite good. Hori Real Arcade Pro series are top stuff. Qanba sticks seem fine too.
>>
those are beat-them-ups
use a gamepad plebstein
>>
>>383399930
Etokki
>>
>>383399930
There's no point in buying a cheap stick for fighters. Cheapest you should get is the Hori RAP 4 on sale but retails around $150. For plain arcade games it seems like an unnecessarily expensive peripheral.
>>
>>383399930
look man when it comes to sticks you either go big or home. expensive sticks are:
1. Better quality
2. Feel better
3. Retain their value
4. Are more customizable
For 100 bucks you can something decent but it'll feel light and cheap. You wanna s[end at least 150-200 bucks. A lot of money, yeah but worth it, just save up. I'd say the best overall stick right now is the Quanba Obsidian. The only I'd stay away is razer since they have a lot of connection issues down the road.
>>
Just play them on pad, those small "budget" sticks are worthless and any decent stick will run you more
>>
thanks for the feedback guys
>>
Do one yourself, faggot
>>
>>383400632
What about input lag?
>>
>>383400917
if you're worried about input lag I'd worry more about the tv/monitor you're playing on instead of the stick.
I don't know if cheap sticks have more lag but I'd doubt it.
>>
cheap sticks suck, if you have 100$ try to get a used one off craiglist or something

Otherwise save more and get something better
>>
so

this https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Stick-Mini-PlayStation/dp/B014KXMEW4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499622895&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+mini

is utter trash then?
>>
>>383399930
any hori pro stick will do. lurk on ebay. there's always some guy that sells his stick because he gave up on FGs
>>
>>383401234
no, not worth buying
can't even replace the parts in it
>>
>>383401234
yes
>>
>>383401234
Yes. The best "cheap" arcade stick is the Hori RAP4. It's $150 so see if you can find one used on craigslist or something.
>>
>>383401287

well the thing is im a casual, not really looking into joining the scene nor im that much into fightan games.

I figured I could use it sporadically and for mame
>>
>>383399930
Build your own.
>>
>>383401072
I found this a while ago:
http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html
>>
>>383401234
it's shit. any stick below $100 will have slow and mushy buttons
>>
>>383401604
The cheapest 'ok' stick you can get is a qanba q1/qanba carbon/qanba drone

All the parts can be replaced if you dont like em (youll prob want to replace the stick)

still, just get a rap4 or something better

I just dived in and bought a TE2+ for my first stick, dont regret it one bit
>>
>>383401785
I have a cheapo Fighting Stick V3 which was like $30 at one time. It felt fine. It's different, but also more definite. The Kuro buttons on the RAP4 are deliberately mushy as hell so it's not like spending a $100 more gets you anything on that front.

Japs seem to like it when you can actuate a button by breathing on it, so that's the only thing I notice.
>>
>>383401774
judging from this a D or better is fine. None of this matters if you're playing arcade games, pretty sure this research was done for fighting games
>>
http://www.play-asia.com/qanba-q1-arcade-joystick/13/705rvf
>>
>>383401687
How much is it to buy all the stuff you need?
>>
>>383399930
Qanba Drone is the best option for below $100. If you stick with fighting games long enough to be serious about them, invest in a better stick later
>>
OP, check the qanba drone.
>>
>>383402928
Once you develop the wheel it all goes smoothly.
>>
HORI RAP4 ($150) - Good
Qanba Obsidian ($200) - Top Tier

Qanba Drone ($80) - closest thing to a decent stick on a budget.

The problem with this stick is that it's too light and shallow. Also the stick is a bit loose and the buttons feels like cheap plastic but for the price you can't really ask for more. Although you could buy some $20 Sanwa buttons and replace them. And for the weight problem, the stick has a compartment on the back where you could place something heavy in it.
>>
>>383399930
Wait for EVO to start. All sticks will probably go on a huge sale. You might even be able to get a Razer Panthera for $100.
>>
personally I would recommend buying all the parts from focusattack or paradisearcade and building one yourself. I bought a used stick for cheap but ended up replacing all the main parts anyways, rather wished I started from scratch from knowing it's not that hard to build one.
>>
>>383404243
DON'T DO THIS. Let's break down the cost of parts.

$50 - PS3/PS4 PCB ($90 if you want a universal board)
$35 - Buttons (11x30mm buttons, around $2.50 a pop for Sanwa OBSF-30, plus wires)
$27 - Stick (Sanwa JLF, plus wiring harness and basic ball top)

That's already over $100 just for parts, and that's not even considering the wildly varying cost of a case. If you've got the tools and the know-how to make one yourself out of wood, plastic, or acrylic, then all you need to worry about is the cost of materials. Most don't have the necessary tools.

Tek-innovations has a decent DIY case, but that's still ~$60 bare minimum. So before any other niceties, I'm talking bare minimum build, you're already spending more money than you would have if you'd bought a Hori RAP or similar.
>>
>>383399930
I got a Hori RAP 4 Kai for $130. It's worth the extra money. Just search around for a sale you might find it even less.
>>
>>383402928
Depends how you make the case, what buttons and stick you use and do you buy a card or use broken or otherwise bad controller as one.
>>
>>383405675
Any troubles with playing it on PC?
>>
>>383406368
I've got one, it's been fine, although a lot of games only use Xinput these days so you need antimicro or something else to wrap DirectInput stuff. Just finished playing Hollow Knight with it.
>>
>>383406368
None so far. I just plugged it right in and it worked.

The only issue is make sure you get the newer model. Older versions only come with a PS3/PS4 switch and that may not work. Newer ones have a third PC setting. I'm pretty sure by now all ones in stores will be the new model, but if you get used it's something you'll want to verify first.
>>
File: IMG_1149.jpg (122KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1149.jpg
122KB, 1024x934px
>>383399930
>buy a TES+
>feels to small for my hands
>go back to pad
I've considered flipping it since MadCatz is dead and I can probably sucker somebody into paying more than I bought it for
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.