[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the portrayal of romance and true

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
How do you feel about the portrayal of romance and true love in video games?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
70KB, 960x720px
do you think the fire emblem games do a good job of depicting the truest form of love?
>>
File: jrpg endgame equipment.jpg (163KB, 1140x646px) Image search: [Google]
jrpg endgame equipment.jpg
163KB, 1140x646px
I don't care, especially in japanese games. It's saccharine and shallow, like a bad chick-flick, but unlike those everyone has 5m swords on their backs and wears stuff like pic related while telling each other how much they wuv each other.
>>
>>383393954
Most of it is shit. Because before you can fall in love with someone there has to be an attraction first. Which entails, like, interacting with people for longer than a couple of days. And both parties taking part in the other person's world for a while until they decide that they like being there. But most of the time games just cram all romantic tension into like 10 minutes so it looks more like simple lust instead of love. And it gets really awkward when they're saying "I love you and I'm willing to die for you" when the only interaction we see is that Party A really likes the pie made by Party B.
>>
>>383394172
Eirika and Ephraim is the purest form of love.
>>
>>383394661

I always assumed that there was a great deal of time in between those conversations, rather than literally being just a few hours or so.
>>
>>383393954
>How do you feel about the portrayal of romance and true love in video games?

It's 2017. It's unbelievable that games with romance mechanics (e.g. Persona, Tomodachi, and Fire Emblem to an extent) still censor gay romances. Simply declining to include even one gay option is virtually the same thing as censorship.

I'm all for straight bros having their waifus or whatever. Just make the game inclusive for gay bros as well, otherwise you're not going to see a purchase from me.
>>
File: purified whore.jpg (558KB, 640x2008px) Image search: [Google]
purified whore.jpg
558KB, 640x2008px
>>383393954
Only good when the game focused on the romance itself, otherwise it's probably going to be a mediocre feature that doesn't have any impact whatsoever to the story or ending.
>>
>>383395001
The entitlement in this post is real. It is neither censorship nor the creator's obligation to have to do homosexual pandering to what is ostensibly a very small number of people.
A number small enough as to be ignored for the purposes of overall sales.
We know homosexual pandering doesn't sell media. We see it every day about how diversity is killing comic book sales and it's not up to the game makers to pander to your specific fetish if they don't want to.
>>
File: img000013.png (2MB, 959x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000013.png
2MB, 959x1400px
>>383393954
Well, games/media overall do romance better than real life.
>>
File: 1469292457134.jpg (104KB, 375x376px) Image search: [Google]
1469292457134.jpg
104KB, 375x376px
>>383396056

You can't stop us, Anon. Soon we shall control the world.
>>
>>383396056

>dropping thousands of bucks into video games and video game hardware over the decades
>despite being a dedicated consumer, wanting to be able to utilize games to their fullest extent is "entitlement"

Classy
>>
>>383393954

It's bad in the medium, but cute fanart/fics do it well enough.
>>
>>383396056
>games shouldn't have to pander to you
>but they should have to pander to my retarded prejudices!

Anon, I...
>>
>>383396056

>Implying /v/ doesn't want the ability to pair their perfect lesbian waifus
Having homosex in the game is a small price to pay
>>
File: p14814062[1].jpg (145KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
p14814062[1].jpg
145KB, 1920x1200px
>>383397968
The reason is fanshit can portray "off time" where most bonding would realistically happen, while the medium has to keep everything rushed and relevant to the plot
>>
>romance in video games

Garbage 98% of the time.
Here's the template for a shitty video game romance
>tsundere bitch pretends she has no interest in you
>cue some sort of event to bring you closer together
>ask her to fuck, she responds "no MC, we cannot possibly fuck until you do my sidequest"
>do her god damn sidequest
>"thank you MC, now we can be together forever" (unless you get railroaded with more sidequests, then loop from ask her to fuck)
>cue shitty sex scene (western game) or a hug (japanese game)

The only good relationship I've ever seen in a video game was sadly in in the shittiest mass effect
>talking to cute redhead staff member
>flirt
>ask her on date
>she says yes
>meet with her later
>date
>fuck
>she gets turned into alien sludge later

Wow, an actual relationship, didn't even have to kill an evil general or stop the apocalypse.
>>
Anyone have examples of good romance in video games?
>>
>>383398543
>wastes your money
>divorce
>you are reponsible for funding the kids
>but are not allowed to meet the kids
>>
>>383400593
As I said, alien sludge
>>
>>383399994
Skyrim
>wandering around some tomb fucking with lanterns
>secret thing opens up and a 10/10 vampire girl pops out
>spend the next few months adventuring together
>she tells me all the sad stories of how she and her mom were raped by molag bal, shitty vampire life, really sad shit
>promise her I'll help her kill her asshole of a dad and free her mom
>do so on both accounts
>her mom makes me promise I'll always protect her daughter, I swear it, and since the dad is dead I take this as my shot to free her of this curse
>ask her if she wants to be cured of vampirism, she runs off to figure it out
>comes back not a vampire
>low key I was building a house the entire time she was away so we would have a place to settle down
>finally we can get married
>game doesn't allow marrying her, fuck you
>>
>>383396056
comic books have been dying, like the newspaper

To connect those two things you'd have to be really stupid
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.