[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? How it was even possible for people who made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Hellgate_London.jpg (116KB, 335x475px) Image search: [Google]
Hellgate_London.jpg
116KB, 335x475px
What went so wrong?
How it was even possible for people who made diablo 2 to fuck up so much?
>>
>>383393370
It would probably be a huge success nowadays.
>>
That's what happens when you rush games out the door that aren't finished.
>>
>>383393808
I actually think this way about half of wow killers, like lotro
>>
File: Battle Weary Soldier.jpg (59KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Weary Soldier.jpg
59KB, 500x353px
>>383393370
dude, I just wanted to forget...
>>
>>383393370
I fucking loved it.
>>
>>383393370
Hellgate revival will never be finished
>>
File: 1499181078421.png (294KB, 463x432px) Image search: [Google]
1499181078421.png
294KB, 463x432px
>>383393370
>trying to launch a new MMO in the year of The Burning Crusade
>>
File: HellGate_London_by_MozgC.jpg (56KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
HellGate_London_by_MozgC.jpg
56KB, 1152x864px
Here's a comprehensive explanation.
>>
>>383396967
Fucking forgot to link.
https://youtu.be/qCj5BoXSe4w
>>
>>383395369
>mmo
>>
>>383393912
>>383393808
It would be so expensive to make nowadays that no one would agree to fund it.
>>
I actually bought this, it wasn't awful but it wasn't great either. It also ran like shit at the time as well.

What ever happened to that F2P version a while back?
>>
>>383393370
Isn't Hellgate a first attempt at a loot shooter?
It was 3rd person and it was crap, but marriage of loot-oriented loop with gameplay different than "click em to death" - I think they were first.
Why this game was bad? I've only read some previews.
>>
>>383393370
It, was, boring.
>>
>>383393370
I genuinely liked it a lot, but it had so many issues it's no wonder it went to shit.
Could have used a few more dev months, but the game was already so delayed and beyond schedule I don't think they could afford it at that point.
That relaunch some korean f2p company tried a few years back didn't address any of those issues, in fact they turned the game considerably more annoying to sell you shit in their shop.
>>
>>383397648
It had a shit release, and by the time they got around to fixing it everyone had already given up. The devs went bust on some shitty deals they made trying to keep the game afloat and basically lost everything.

It was later re-released by some shitty Chinese company that had managed to acquire the rights and it was still pretty fun to play, but also infested with F2P cancer.
>>
>>383393370
It had some potential, but played like shit and I got bored of it real fast.
Hard to say how Borderlands worked so much better.
>>
>>383393370
The game's keys had unlimited uses.
>>
I pirated it.
Kind of want to play it again, though.
>>
>>383393370
>single player mmo Loot n shoot

What could go wrong ?
>>
It was obvious from the very first second the game starts that it was garbage, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach once the game world loaded. Was excited after the intro video played out as well.

Sure the game might have some interesting things but no quality
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.