[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Albion Online? I've heard of it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Albion1.jpg (832KB, 1917x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Albion1.jpg
832KB, 1917x1077px
What does /v/ think of Albion Online? I've heard of it years ago but it's actually releasing in a week now after being in beta for ages.

The founders pack end today so I was thinking of whether it was worth getting it.

Sandbox MMORPG that seems like a mix of Runescape and Ultima seems pretty cool, but it also seems a bit P2W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKb8NPs5YDY
>>
>>383393258

>Is it from a large developer with popular proven titles and a large base capital to fund an MMO?

>Have they ever done an online game of any sort before?

>Are there any devs with experience with making an MMO involved with the project?

>If they have made other games, what were those games like?

>Do they have a PTR, and how long was the beta?

>Is it Korean?

These are all questions you should be asking before you start any MMORPG. It'll save you a lot of heartache.
>>
Few warnings.

1. The forum name you pick is the name that will be reserved for you in-game(you can pick something else, but this name is guaranteed for you, it cannot be changed)

2. You cannot change your email address once registered through any means

3. The grind is unreal.
>>
I saw Kriparrian play this a few days like a year ago, he was being baby sited by some big guild. All they did was run from one place to the next to farm shit, and too scared of pvp.

Full loot pvp sounds completely stupid, all you'll get is mobs of 30 faggots running around a map killing everyone. What's the fun in that? and obviously the servers are filled with founders who are already maxed with their crafting or whatever and will neuter any noob walking outside the safe zones.

Did I get that right? or has the game changed since then?
>>
Are there any "good" MMOs right now on the market? It feels like it all falls to having friends to play it with, and ignore its downsides.
I can't recall the last time I started one and was truly impressed/immersed.
>>
They remove the race option, so fuck them.
>>
>>383393868
>Is it from a large developer with popular proven titles and a large base capital to fund an MMO?
No, though I think they have the funding.
>Have they ever done an online game of any sort before?
It's a new studio
>Are there any devs with experience with making an MMO involved with the project?
Yes
>Do they have a PTR, and how long was the beta?
Dunno about PTR. Beta was almost too long.
>Is it Korean?
No.
>>
are they opening new servers for the f2pers? or they're going to be thrown into the same place with the veterans to serve as sacrifice to the lions?
>>
>>383398773
You know the answer to that already.
>>
>>383398773
I'm pretty sure the game won't be F2P.
>>
>>383394776
My main interest is in the economy. Having come from Runescape, I'm disappointed that the concept of 'buying experience' exists. This typically screws with the economy, but at least it's throughout. I also like the local economies, but even that is offset by NPC prices.

Too much Pay2Win, but at least you can pay in-game 2Win

I've only played about a month, and I'm only up to Tier 4 everything, but the combat seems pretty standard.

The one thing I have the most issue with is visibility. Half the time I feel like I have trouble actually seeing. I'd like to remove treetops, zoom out, change the camera angle. Stuff like that.
>>
I've been staring at the founder packs all day. All the negatives (p2w, casualization, boring grindfest, seeming like a flop) suggest me not to do it, but full loot PvP makes me fucking jizz all over so I might sperg out and spend 100$.
>>
>>383397608
what exactly do you mean?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.