[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear things about the Legend of Heroes series. Worth a purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: LoH_Sen_no_Kiseki_cover.jpg (152KB, 250x292px) Image search: [Google]
LoH_Sen_no_Kiseki_cover.jpg
152KB, 250x292px
I hear things about the Legend of Heroes series. Worth a purchase on steam? Or is it the same generic weeaboo mumbo jumbo onii chan my power is overwhelming! games?
>>
>>383390368
There's lots of common anime tropes in this game, but the main draw to this game is it sticks to the old school jrpg gameplay. The pacing is a bit slow, lots of text reading to do. Coupled with the text reading it builds up the world quite well; but now most of it is voiced because of the new PC release so hopefully it isn't too much of a slog for newcomers.
>>
File: Calvard when.png (77KB, 410x458px) Image search: [Google]
Calvard when.png
77KB, 410x458px
Calvard when?
>>
It's panty quest #256, skip.
>>
>>383390368
>mumbo jumbo onii chan my power is overwhelming!

That literally happens later on.
>>
File: The Legend of Angelica.jpg (619KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Angelica.jpg
619KB, 1920x1080px
Worth a purchase if you enjoy excellent world-building and a game that takes its time to establish the characters, lore and setting at the expense of pacing.
Trails of Cold Steel has a ton of anime tropes compared to previous Trails games, but nothing remotely moe, pandery, or ~uguu.
Also you don't need to really play anything prior to Trails in the Sky since they're all poorly translated or not translated at all, and they have nothing to do with the plot of Trails games. Everything before Trails is considered a prototype.
>>
>>383391884
That picture looks very moe pandering
>>
>>383390368
Start with Trails in the Sky. It can be had for much cheaper and the writing is much better. Cold Steel is alright, but it'll be hard to see past the anime tropes if haven't had the legitimately good story of Sky as a primer for appreciating the good parts of CS.
>>
>>383391981
That picture isn't even in the game, it's just official art. Falcom's always drawn stuff like that as far back as the 80s, they've always been an extremely otaku-catering company.
A lot of their manga and animu spin-offs and official art and merchandise are extremely pandery though.
>>
>>383390368
>Or is it the same generic weeaboo mumbo jumbo onii chan my power is overwhelming! games?
yeah don't play cold steel for sure, it is exactly this
not even memeing, you just described the first half of the fourth chapter
might be worth going through trails in the sky though, it's pretty much the opposite of that to the point of some people finding it boring
>>
They should had sold it as a book.

Fucking cliff hangers.
>>
if you want some top notch comfy escapism, trails in the sky will suck you in for hundreds of hours
>>
Image is out of date by a couple of years
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.