[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that Mega Man Legends 2 was better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: europe1.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
europe1.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
Can we all agree that Mega Man Legends 2 was better than the first game?
>>
no. I like the comfy town better.
>>
>>383389138
Agree. MML1 is charming as fuck. MML2 is an overall better game but MML1 is so charming.
>>
>nino ruins
No absolutely not.
>>
>>383389020
Better dungeon designs for sure, better gameplay overall, but it lacks some of the charm the original had.
>>
Looking back, the ruins were annoying.

Poison ruins
Water ruins
Fire ruins
Ice ruins

You can git gud and avoid the annoyances of three of them but you can't avoid the slow water ruins.
>>
>>383389020

Legends 2 had a better control setup, better weapons and better dungeon designs, but there was something lacking about going to several small areas spread out over a world map compared to being on one island.
>>
Technical improvement but a step down everywhere else honestly.

I loved exploring Kattlekox, interacting with the townsfolk, watching the town grow and rebuild itself after I made my grand entrance, finding new entrances to dungeons or connecting dungeons together.

Instead if expanding in that system, Legends 2 dropped it in favor of doing the "Game: World Tour" sequel route, but did nothing to make it interesting or connect any of the various locations together.
>>
>>383389020
Yes, but the charm and linked dungeons of the first game are still amazing.

I do t know man its not a zero sum game, I love them both dearly.
>>
On a technical level, absolutely. But the massive, interconnected ruin to explore and watching one small city change over the course of the game makes the first a much better experience.
>>
>>383389258
this.

Legends 2 is the better game, but Legends 1 is comfier and has a more charming world
>>
Literally what pushed me to buy a 3DS when I was just considering it. I'll never not be mad.
>>
I think they're about equal and for a lot of the reasons listed here. They're similar enough but 1 had a bit more charm and coherency while 2 had better controls and dungeon design. Either way, I adore them both so fuck it.
>>
>>383390986
Ditto.

I sold mine the day I found out and to this day there is a special spot in the back of my mind dedicated to that little betrayal and I don't know if I'll ever let it go.
>>
They are both awful tank/manual+lock camera games with box dungeons and anime stories.

Loved them growing up but that shit doesn't past muster today.
>>
>>383390986
>>383391210

Stories like this are why I haven't bought a Switch despite being pretty hype for No More Heroes 3. Don't buy the system until you KNOW that fucker is coming out.
>>
File: the guy.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
the guy.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
Can we all agree I would suck any number of dicks for MML3 or Red Ash
>>
MML2 had an interesting mood. It did far better to flesh out the worldbuilding than MML1, which was limited to a tiny backwaters island.
>>
>>383391562

I replayed 2 in December and 1 about a year before that. Could be my general preference for games from that era but I still had a blast with them both.
>>
>>383391680
>Red Ash

Nah, I want a real Mega Man game not a knock-off by a businessman.
>>
>>383391680

I can agree that you would, sure.
>>
It really is a shame Mega Man is dead forever.
>>
>>383389020
>it's not in the EU PSStore
>>
MML are some of the most charming games on PS1. When MML3 was announced I was so happy but then Capcom killed it by limiting it to 3DS when all the fans of this series have always been on Playstation.

At one point Capcom almost killed Resident Evil by trying to make the franchise exclusive to Nintendo for no reason too. And then there's TvC... Capcom literally send that game to die on the Wii when all the fighting game fans were on PS3 and X360.
>>
>>383392228
>Legacy Collection 2 is a thing which means the first Legacy Collection must have sold well enough
>there's a Mega Man Cartoon being made
>Mega Man X being pushed hard into Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

I'm pretty sure Capcom didn't forget about him.
>>
>>383392909
being whored out for merchandising on brand name recognition without actually gettin any new games is a fate worse than death for a videogame character.

>>Legacy Collection 2 is a thing which means the first Legacy Collection must have sold well enough
literally another classic megaman rehash. how many collections do we need? one per generation? to remind us of the good megaman games and how good he USED to be?

>>there's a Mega Man Cartoon being made
the less we talk about it the better. it makes Ruby Spears look like a masterpiece of a faithful adaptation

>>Mega Man X being pushed hard into Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
and Zero is shoved into everything else. we dont want crossovers or more merchandise, we want a new game. And yet the only game we are getting is a fucking game based on the new cartoon
>>
>>383392909
>there's a Mega Man Cartoon being made
We don't talk about this. You didn't get the memo?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.