[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. what genre takes the most skill at the highest level? 2.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

1. what genre takes the most skill at the highest level?

2. what genre is the most fun at the highest level?
>>
RTS. Fun is subjective but I would say Arena shooter
>>
>>383381827
MOBAs have the biggest prize pools and therefore draw the most talent and since multiplayer games skill depends on how good your opponent is then MOBAs are the hardest genre.
>>
>>383382018
That argument is flawed. If Pokémon suddenly became the most sought out professional e-sports game, that wouldn't make it the highest genre.
>>
Competitive typing
>>
>>383382018
>>383381939
RTSs will remain to be the game with the highest skill ceiling, with arena shooters being second place followed by MOBAs, fighting games, and the rest

Though shooters and fighting games are the only game where you can actually have fun no matter what, RTSs and MOBAs are always filled with salty faggots and they play only to win.
>>
This always boils down to "the game I play is harder than the game you like to play fuck you"
>>
I can't really answer what is the most fun since each genre is so different from the rest but if I had to bet I'd say Dota 2 just because the mechanics are always changing and the item builds and team compositions can wary so much. Also I assume the prize pool in millions makes it all that much more interesting for the competing players.

The hardest to perform is RTS imo. So many small yet important things and just a mismanagement of few units can snowball out of proportions, the players have to mindgame each other while performing their build order/micro/macro flawlessly under great pressure from multiple locations.
>>
Racing sims
>>
Overall I'd say Arena Shooters. You need some superhuman tier reaction speed to play that shit on a competitive level.
>>
>>383381827
>what genre takes the most skill at the highest level?
coockie clicker
because clicking things like a fucking retard is the greatest skill in vidya apparently
>>
Arena Shooters are the most hard, but fighting games come in as a close second IMO.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.