[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw /v/ is full of brainlets that can't discuss zachtronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: file.png (1003KB, 1685x1065px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1003KB, 1685x1065px
>tfw /v/ is full of brainlets that can't discuss zachtronic games

>>383374818
I'm pretty sure you can handle any of their games, it just takes practice.
>>
>>383379621
thats fun..................................................
>>
>>383379747
Are you implying that puzzle games aren't fun?
You learn a bit of Assembler in the process and you can create some crazy shit with it once you get the hang of it, like a 3D maze or Tetris.
>>
File: 1335714262069.gif (59KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
1335714262069.gif
59KB, 500x533px
I love Spacechem but I don't see a point in Shenzen I/O.
I can just buy an ardunio and some components and have a neat little hobby or make even some money on the side.
On the other hand, I can't build a reactor to split atoms in order to reassemble them later on by just going on amazon for 1 minute.
>>
>>383379909
You answered it yourself, you don't have to buy components.
You can still see it as a hobby by doing small little projects in there.

Once you want to scale it up or even use it practically somewhere in your home or even sell it to someone that needs some kind of controller, then you can still jump on the Arduino-wagon.
>>
File: 20170312114927_1.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170312114927_1.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
>>383379621
Is that Shenzen? How does it compare to their other games?

I had a blast with spacechem, and I'm playing through TIS-100 now. I haven't played Infinifactory.
>>
File: 12356091876.png (136KB, 634x354px) Image search: [Google]
12356091876.png
136KB, 634x354px
>>383380010
It's pretty fun, it takes a bit of effort for people that never programmed before or that are completely new to Assembly/Machine Code.

But once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun, you try to solve their puzzles as you get more components to use, you occasionally go back to previous puzzles to apply new components you get on the long run to improve the previous design to lower power consumption, production cost and compact code.

Once you're out of puzzles you can always open a whole Design Sandbox and create random shit, there is a lot of crazy shit people build already in YouTube.
>>
>>383380004
>You answered it yourself, you don't have to buy components.
That's a pretty bad reason. A 5 pack of Arduino Nano knockoffs costs less than 10 bucks, i.e. what you pay for the game. You can just salvage cables and shit from broken electronics you have.

I guess it's an interesting concept for people that never handled electronics before, but personally I'm neither impressed nor intrigued by the game. Hopefully they'll pick a better theme next time.
>>
>>383380246
Well man, it's a good reason if people want to play around with it without having to buy or salvage components.

If you want to straight up buy components and make something in your free time then this game is probably not for you.
Unless you want to have fun with it by solving the puzzles they have in the game which have pre-determined input patterns and limited Design Space.
>>
>>383380246
The design model is flawed. Zach needs to make challenging puzzles, but can't do so without keeping people from ascending to /diy/.
>>
>>383379621

I haven't played Shenzen IO, but from the videos I've watched it's an introduction to digital logic. It's too constrictive.

As someone else said you can buy incredibly cheap development boards, get free engineering samples for different ICs, and you can do a MUCH MUCH more than you could ever do in this game.

The impression I get is most of the solutions are the same, it's not designed for creative solutions.

So why would I want to play it? It's the equivalent of a linear corridor shooter that pretends it's more.
>>
>>383381096
this post is retarded
>>
>>383381532
Why?
>>
>>383381532
looks like you're the retard here
>>
Didnt enjoy TIS, felt like I was at work
>>
>>383379621
I got that a few months back. Really cool game. Just hate that you have to print out an encyclopedia just to be able to play the game though. The guy should have done more to integrate the manual as part of the game. Lazy as shit desu.
>>
>>383382202
Not really an issue for me, have 3 monitors so I just have the manual sitting on one of them.
But yeah, would be great that if you right clicked a component that it would take you straight to the section of it.
>>
Spacechem is the shit, that game is incredible

Infinifactory was nice too. Haven't got into TIS100 and Zhenzen because I don't know anything about programming. But these puzzle games make me rock hard.

And Factorio on the side. Fuck yeah that game too.
>>
>>383382537
I've watched Destiny play Factorio a couple times but never really got interested in it.
What's really special about it?
>>
>>383382628
Oh man you're missing

You start with a pickaxe, a coal fueled extractor and a dream. You dream of leaving that shitty planet you're in, and every hostile life there is behind. So you click the ground and extract some coal to fuel your extractor to extract some coal or something else faster, then cut some wood, then make some boxes and get iron which is lying around and some rocks.

With the rocks you discover you can do little kilns and fuel them with the coal. Now you can make that iron into sheets that can become metal gears and combine them to make conveyors and more extractors and some cute mechanical pincers that move things from one side to another, but they're shitty and also use coal, and loading them like a dummy is tiring. So you find copper, and with copper you can make electric cables and combine all of that shit to make boilers and a coal fueled vapor engine to make electricity and fuel your newly discovered ELECTRIC pincers, and then you research a tiny factory that will recieve one material and turn it into whatever you tell it to do, of course, properly loaded by your little pincers and conveyors. Now you realize you can do these things without using your hands, but you need more electricity. More power. More resources. So you start building power plants all over any body of water you can find and keep adding conveyors to the extractors and thinking how you're going to keep the production going into researching more advanced stuff and the base gets bigger and then you realize pollution has started, and local life isn't happy about you. But you know what? fuck them, you have a dream, a dream of technological advancement that cannot be stopped, and you can research defense systems and make bullets, or a factory that makes bullets automatically for you, or a facility that is making any thing you can think of for you awhile you plan on expanding. Maybe not even for defense, maybe you're sick of their bullshit and take the war on them.
>>
>>383383810
Sounds like fun, going to definitely try it once I get tired of Shenzhen.
>>
>>383380219
>a bit of effort
A ton of efforts you mean
>>
>>383384017
Sounds like you're a brainlet. Retarded 10 year old chinks can do this shit in their sleep.
>>
>>383383810
Now you can develop a fucking war car with a minigun mounted on it and fuck their zergy colonies. They don't like it? TOO LATE. You need crude oil now since you're thinking into actual engines. But you need to refine that shit into gasoline. No big deal, you trace the new facility and if there's a pesky forest stopping you you're just gonna cut that shit and make the land yours. By the time you realize it, mother nature can't stop you. They can't stop the human intellect. You've become the grey goo, and you're gonna need much more materials and facilities all over the territory, no, more like the land, and you're thinking of placing a locomotive circuit to take the massive loads of materials around for your pincers and factories that should never stop assembling shit for you. Now you own the planet, Fuck mother nature, fuck working with hands, this is PROGRESS. GLORIOUS MECHANICAL PROGRESS TO REACH THE STARS.

That's how Factorio is like.
>>
>>383384017
It's pretty easy my man, the most annoying part is reading the manual to ingrain the whole structure.

Once you know what the fuck everything does it all fits together like lego and you literally see everything in Assembly, thinking you could do X and Y with Z component and XYZ code, it just comes out naturally.
>>
>>383379621
That looks more like my job that a game
And that's good, I love my job, what game is that?
>>
>>383384236
Shenzhen I/O
>>
>>383384236
Read the fucking thread.
>>
>>383384096
>>383384179
For someoen who had never a very basic understanding of programming, clearly not.

It's a game that ask much more than any other game out there, don't be like "lel its ez dude :D".
>>
>>383384392
Knowing how to program won't help fuckall in this game, unless you mean somebody that already coded in machine code and played around with electronics.

The manual is full of examples and explains everything perfectly, it's a really easy concept.
>>
>>383381096
You're a dope. These are some unintentional things you can do in the game with the proper amount of autism

Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb22BkCbpik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXxHCwqXF8

Make other video games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlW3S4V29Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlW3S4V29Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRC7dKrgAWE
>>
File: blight.png (226KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
blight.png
226KB, 500x375px
>tfw too retarded to beat Spacechem
Factorio kind of kills my interest in Zachtronic's stuff because it scratches the same itch while never allowing the player to get stuck
>>
File: spaghetti.png (1MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.png
1MB, 2560x1080px
>>383379621
I really need to replay it and streamline my shit.
>>
I beat SpaceChem including all the achievements, I am pretty proud of myself. How do the Zachtronics games compare? And I know they're circuit/coding based, but like what is the objective of each level?

Now I am struggling with Stephen's Sausage Roll. I blasted through areas 4 and 5 and now I am in a linear area with a new crazy mechanic.

English Country Tune is a good game, too.
>>
>>383385281
bloat/10

But that's the fun of it, rewriting it.
>>
>>383385281
That's like an actual chinese circuitry and programming

so lifelike and real
>>
File: spaghetti.png (1MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.png
1MB, 2560x1080px
>>383385367
Yeah, these are my first designs. Still not in the mood for vidya though. I'm only on /v/ for the Grimoire threads for now.

Damn good games this guy makes though.
>>
>>383379621
There is a certain effort threshold in which I'd rather just go do something productive instead of spending that amount of focus on a video game.
>>
>>383386479
But anon, it's productive, you learn.
>>
>>383386078
Funny shit is I thought I was real fucken genius when I finished them, then the game showed me the stats.
>>
>>383386564
You'd learn more by doing the real deal.
>>
File: 1374646180226.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1374646180226.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>383386627
Real Deal:
>buy controller
>buy all necessary components or salvage all necessary components
>lose time by waiting for said components to arrive
>lose time by salvaging them
>start work

Shenzhen:
>start game
>do stuff
>>
>>383386594
Same thing happened to me in Spacechem.
Finally beat a hard as fuck level for me, and out of curiosity check on Youtube other solutions.

One guy made the whole problem get solved with a single reactor whereas I used five. I felt like a real dummy fuck.

I love these kind of game though. Even if i'm never going to be a real life engineer at least make me work my mind on something interesting and new.
>>
File: 1351797943741.png (28KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1351797943741.png
28KB, 555x407px
>>383386806
How far can you move that goalpost? The real deal is more productive than shenzen.
>>
>>383386935
Never said it wasn't, I responding to the "too much time invested", you invest far more doing the real deal.

Checkmate.
>>
File: 1491347045112.jpg (116KB, 1147x825px) Image search: [Google]
1491347045112.jpg
116KB, 1147x825px
>>383386806
>>start game
>>do stuff
But you arent actually doing anything, its a video game.
>>
File: 1460660128281.gif (267KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460660128281.gif
267KB, 219x300px
>>383386982
The argument was never "too much time" investment.
>>
>>383386982
That wasn't me though. All I said was that it's more productive to do the real deal instead of playing pretend.
>>
If I wanted to use effort I'd get a job. I play games to unwind, not think
>>
>>383379909
>I can't build a reactor to split atoms in order to reassemble them later on by just going on amazon for 1 minute
You can't do that in Spacechem either, it's not even close to how chemistry actually works.
>>
Sometimes it feels like it's too much effort, but then you solve the puzzle and you feel great, and there's absolutely no handholding involved.
>>
>>383379621
>inserting/stylizing your own name into your brand

Anyone who does this is a douchehole and a narcissist.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.