[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is dark souls 2 the worst game in from softwares souls games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

Why is dark souls 2 the worst game in from softwares souls games. Is it because they thought they could make a souls game without Miyazaki ?
>>
>>383373082
>worst game

Atleast it has fucking working achievements! Just went through DS3 spent 2 days collecting every ring in NG++ for my last trophy to be a completionist like i was for every other DaS game, hours on hours of grinding just for a wolf ring!
Guess who didn't get the fucking only trophy i need? I tried everything to fix the bug, yet, nothing! (I work sunday-thursday) litteraly fucked all friday up trying to get 30 swordgrass.

Also, the netcode on DaS2 was amazing and the "A" team decided to fuck up invasions on 3, and 1 had shit-tier online support.
>>
>>383373082

because it was a retarded idea from the start to continue a story, that dealt with the end of a world.
It's like making a 2nd Schindler's list movie, where Schindler is gunning down Nazi's, while saying. "Dude, do you remember Ben Kingsley and Fiennes in the first movie?, yeah they don't appear in this one, but we mentioned them"
>>
>>383373082
>ywn be a kkk member in its prime
why live?
>>
>>383373586
complete trophy for what purpose?
>>
>>383373082
from this

>clunky robot customization simulator for niche crowd (armored core)
>ugly, clunky rpgs that are the laughing stock of the community (kings shit)

to this

>extremely popular and well celebrated action rpg that everyone loves for its edgynesss and difficulty

how the fuck did this happen? I wasnt even aware this is from software.
>>
File: 20160510112620_1.jpg (821KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160510112620_1.jpg
821KB, 1920x1080px
They tried to change too much of what worked in DaS1 and it ended up backfiring

>lifegems
>nearly every enemy encounter outside of bosses is a gank / trap
>poor shortcut placement for the most part
>adaptability

Then again maybe I'm just burned out on the series, but going through the zones in DS2 felt more like a chore than anything else.
>>
>>383374073

because they changed their game director to Hidetaka Miyazaki, this guy was to FROM what Miyamoto was to Nintendo. Well except Miyazaki isn't that creative and jerks himself off to every possible repetition and Bezerk reference he can fit in his games
>>
>>383374369

Impressive. I enjoyed Armored Core on the PS2 to be fair, but I did not think From Software would go far.
>>
>>383373082
Because consoles were too weak and namco said 'we don't want other games, you need to do a souls game', so they changed everything.

Look at all the concept art and unused models in the game
>>
File: drug assisted therapy.png (243KB, 515x666px) Image search: [Google]
drug assisted therapy.png
243KB, 515x666px
>>383373586
>Atleast it has ... achievements

Shitter detected.
>>
File: 1495587193163.jpg (68KB, 454x372px) Image search: [Google]
1495587193163.jpg
68KB, 454x372px
No solaire meant an insta no buy for me on ds2
>>
File: expectations & reality.jpg (601KB, 1505x1780px) Image search: [Google]
expectations & reality.jpg
601KB, 1505x1780px
>>383373082
consoles - it's always consoles
and publishers
>>
>>383373082
because it was missing that interconnected world map design and didn`t have fast travel all the way until anor londo which created a perfect illusion of going on an adventure and exploring the world, like a true rpg would do
DS3/BB had the same issue with early fast travel but at least BB`s world design was close to that of DS1`s formula
>>
>>383375238
"shouldn`t have had early fast travel like ds1 all the way until anor londo
>>
>Harvest Valley
Boy I sure do love suicide simulators!
>>
File: mchangtingyu_000.jpg (179KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
mchangtingyu_000.jpg
179KB, 1200x450px
>>383375238
>DS3/BB had the same issue with early fast travel but at least BB`s world design was close to that of DS1`s formula

BB felt closer to Demon's Souls in that regard
>>
It's fine bandai now knows if they ever make a souls game without Miyazaki it won't sell worth shit.
>>
>>383375737

still salty about the broken shrine
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.