[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone willing to give this NOOB tips on Ark, already got fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: ArkSurvivalEvolved.png (209KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
ArkSurvivalEvolved.png
209KB, 460x215px
Anyone willing to give this NOOB tips on Ark, already got fucked by many but still trying
>>
>>383362408
what specifically?

hurry up and respond im going to bed in like 10 mins
>>
Areas to build generally, dont want to come back to a destroyed place everytime
>>
>>383363456
in the start build on the jungle, the dinos may be a problem, but flying mounts won't be able to see you.
>>
>>383363456
anywhere flat, that way you can double or triple stack foundations and create a large square building.

stay away from the beach, its easy to find people there.

also building so one side of your building is against a cliff prevents anything but ranged attacks from there.

stonehenge is a great location, but someone will have built there already.
my last base before the host had his data corrupted was in the redwoods. in the western side there is a pond with a cliff overlooking it. pros are water access, a fuckton of pterodons spawn on the beach so you could find a 150 easily, a metal mountain nearby, tons of wood, river rocks for stone and metal early on, and its not in everyones flight path and sort of hard to see, but people will find it when they are in there looking for thylas and bee hives to tame. plus you can build tree platforms.

cons are there are simply better alpha base locations, you can just walk a giga or titan up to it.

noobs generally struggle there because of thylocoleos
its not very flat, you can manage a 2X6 room though with triple foundations. also look up how to stack multiple walls onto a single foundation. the steps if i remember correctly were

>put down foundation
>put down wall
>put ceiling
>put gate foundation on the wall, it should be snapping to the ceiling pretty much
>snap a wall to that gate foundation
>snap a wall to the wal you just put up
>demo the ceiling and gate foundation

you can do this to create a wall thats 4 walls thick, any more than that and you need to do another method i dont remember, but its online
>>
File: 1499333583335.jpg (15KB, 320x290px) Image search: [Google]
1499333583335.jpg
15KB, 320x290px
>>383362408
>A 60 dollar early access game with expansion packs
>>
>>383364250
It's only $60 on ps4, on steam it goes to $20 frequently.
>>
>>383364354
It's literally $60 on steam right now. They just raised it today.
>>
>>383364250
its not early access anymore
>>383364538
it just got released as a full game.
>>
>>383364843
In the steam store page it still says it's an early access game
>>
File: 1499569331434.jpg (136KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499569331434.jpg
136KB, 919x720px
The game just went on 60 cause they announced the full released day, so they dont want anyone to get it cheap and wait till full game drops
>>
Heres a tip: Get a refund and stop playing

/v/ and /vg/ played the shit out of this game years ago. The great server wars are over and the devs killed the game
>>
play with a tribe of 20 people or dont bother playing it all
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.