[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gotta be honest. I've been playing metal gear since 1998

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I gotta be honest. I've been playing metal gear since 1998 and I was concerned about replacing David hayter. But recently I went back to play the older games a little and I can't unhear the weaknesses in his acting.
>>
Wait, Venom Snake had a voice actor? I didn't even know he had dialogue.
>>
>>383355639
No, you're just retarded. Hayter fit totally and brought about GOOD/BETTER voice acting with MGS1. In MGS2 he spoke to you as an authoritative manner and knows more about what's going on in-universe than you do. The infinite ammo line is there to show you that Hayter as Snake is more of a meme as he becomes self-referential.
In 3 his take as Big Boss was a much less dour version of Solid Snake. He got excited, had genuine excitement at times and played him as a Nice Guy while giving fans Hayters voice to Snakes image. This is punctuated by the downer ending that pulls the rug.

Where I will grant concession is with MGS4. He was given direction to play Snake in his dying days. The hero who was already callous and angry was now that and in poor health and in his most depressive days. Apparently the recording session for 4 took over 9 months and was a very stressful process for Hayter and it shows in the work. He's almost parodying himself with how "dark and grizzled" Old Snake is supposed to be.

Peace Walker is where he goes full blown self-parody and while I'm sure he's always glad to play Snake in some form that ones the hardest to take any of the performances quite so seriously.

To Keifer's credit- his BB and Venom, though borderline mute, brought about nuance and subtlety that V was going for. Doing away with repeated phrases ad nauseum and relying on facial capture. I felt there was a real actor in that scene with the "you're all diamonds" scene and the ashes.

MGS is my favorite series. I like every entry for its own reasons, but you gotta consider tone and theme for each to really shine.
Except MGS1. That one is perfect.
>>
>>383355773
You find all the rest of his dialogue in those cassette tapes. They tried to hide it to make him seem more of a demon in the main story...
>>
Hayter is great he made me laugh in every MGS
>>
>>383356384
>confusing writing and acting
You're not very smart are you?
>>
>>383355773
Nah, Kiefer was brought on board for both voice and facial capture, and he was godlike on both.
>>
>>383356384
Is this a copypasta?

Hayter sounded like a cartoon character. Nobody talks like Hayter's snake. Kiefer actually sounds like a human being.
>>
>>383358443
>Kiefer was godlike on VA
He was bland, at least Hayter gave Snake and Big Boss some charm.
>>
>>383359535
>bland
He was great and he knew how to act.
>Hayter gave them some charm
kek
>>
>>383359535
Go to sleep David, you should be out looking for work tomorrow not shitposting here.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.